4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Spencer
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1013623_10152771534073893_3852574372951996401_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    015.JPG
    014.JPG
    013.JPG
    012.JPG
    011.JPG
    010.JPG
    009.JPG
    008.JPG
    002.JPG
    001.JPG
    image-729.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSCN3210.JPG
    DSCN3207.JPG

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

That's just stupid. I ended up ordering from him through ebay for basically the same parts, so all it did was cost him extra ebay fees, and it makes his site look broken.

I'm not saying it's logical.... he he he

#202 4 years ago

I haven't read through the thread, but the crazy shipping rates where everyone and their brother takes a cut is why some euro friends of mine asked me to be a shipping intermediary. I.e. I have things shipped to my house and then I package up a few orders and send them to someone over there.

#203 4 years ago

Interesting, I still haven't placed my order with marco pinball but I went back today and when I go to my cart and shipping options everything is now in US dollars where as before it was converted to Canadian dollars. I wonder if they did this so that you have to place your order first now before it converts it to your own currency so you don't see how much iglobal charges for currency exchange until after you have placed your order and are committed to it. I emailed marco specialities to findout why the change or if it's iglobals doing.

#204 4 years ago

Well for reference, I got 1 coil from Starburst today, for a "whac a mole " style game. Shipping only cost me $25+ what a joke. It would have been cheaper to just order it direct through ICE.

#205 4 years ago

Worst thing I found was I was going to order a set of pinball plastics from Marco.

To ship them to Canada the only lowest cost shipping option was $87.00 U.S.

Direct from CPR $14.00 U.S. to ship to Canada.

#206 4 years ago

I would be more than willing to actually pay a friendly pinsider to be my post intermediary.
    the rates Marcos charges is just ridiculous…

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Worst thing I found was I was going to order a set of pinball plastics from Marco.
    To ship them to Canada the only lowest cost shipping option was $87.00 U.S.
    Direct from CPR $14.00 U.S. to ship to Canada.

you and CPR are both in canada, its not international.

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from Axl:

I would be more than willing to actually pay a friendly pinsider to be my post intermediary.
    the rates Marcos charges is just ridiculous…

just use www.shipito.com

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

you and CPR are both in canada, its not international.

Either way CPR charges $14 to ship plastic sets to the U.S. or Canada.

Thats international if its coming from here to the U.S.

Marco charges $87 US. For the same service.

Either way the math doesnt work out.

#210 4 years ago

I ordered a bunch of parts from Starburst the other week. Pop up targets & decals, pop caps, flipper plungers, coil stops, bulbs & rubber rings. Total cost was around $100 including tax.
    The prices were higher than PBR (snipers were $5 but $3 at PBR, coil stops $8 but $4.50 at PBR, etc.), some of that due to the Canadian dollar, but shipping was only $15.50 via UPS. Mind you, I live a 1 hour drive from Starburst.

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

I ordered a bunch of parts from Starburst the other week. Pop up targets & decals, pop caps, flipper plungers, coil stops, bulbs & rubber rings. Total cost was around $100 including tax.
    The prices were higher than PBR (snipers were $5 but $3 at PBR, coil stops $8 but $4.50 at PBR, etc.), some of that due to the Canadian dollar, but shipping was only $15.50 via UPS. Mind you, I live a 1 hour drive from Starburst.

That's the thing, your a little closer. It cost me almost $26 dollars for one coil. Im not impressed at all. Shit the coil was a special order and only $59.99 itself. Ive made probably 4-5 orders from Starburst but I may never order from them again.

On the plus side, the game was a total steal and my kids love it, so an additional $88 isn't a huge deal.

#212 4 years ago

I guess i've got it pretty good. Ordered $200 worth of parts from Marco the other day. Only cost me $10 dollars for shipping. I guess being only 67 miles from them helps though. If i have enough orders i could maybe ride up there to help some fellow pinsiders out. Not sure if there would be much savings on shipping but anything helps.

2 weeks later
    #213 4 years ago

I haven't tried to order from Marco in a long long time. I forgot just how outrageous their shipping rates were. Wanted to order parts totalling 200.00 Nothing heavy, nothing big. Cheapest option for shipping was 108.00 USD. Incredible.

Does Marco have a clue just how much business they are losing???

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I haven't tried to order from Marco in a long long time. I forgot just how outrageous their shipping rates were. Wanted to order parts totalling 200.00 Nothing heavy, nothing big. Cheapest option for shipping was 108.00 USD. Incredible.

I just ordered some parts from Marco few weeks ago around the same price shipping was around 50 bucks not bad but all places I deal with are all going up for shipping ,just like eBay shipping is way up there ,too bad at work are pay stays the same

#215 4 years ago

50 bucks I can handle. 108.00, not a chance.

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbossfan:

50 bucks I can handle. 108.00, not a chance.

No 108.00 for shipping is nuts for sure

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Either way CPR charges $14 to ship plastic sets to the U.S. or Canada.
    Thats international if its coming from here to the U.S.
    Marco charges $87 US. For the same service.
    Either way the math doesnt work out.

Marco's system probably prices everything based on the complexity involved in shipping electronics or machinery internationally, whether or not the actual product is electronics or machinery. CPR doesn't ship either type of goods so they don't have that issue. In a post-9/11 US, shipping electronics or machinery internationally is a headache. You would not believe the paperwork requirements and it varies depending exactly_ on what is being shipped. And that doesn't even touch on export restriction issues. Marco probably has a third party company handle all of it.

-E

#218 4 years ago

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/cms/front_content.php?changelang=2

Has anyone ordered from these guys?

I put in the shopping cart
    - Star Trek rubber rings
    - coil stop
    - 6 pinballs

And the shipping to edmonton Alberta Canada was 11 euros.

I didn't actually buy anything. Just checking on the prices and the shipping

#219 4 years ago

I did 2 days ago. Although I'm not an expert, prices seem to be quite ok...some stuff is even cheaper than Marco.
    Shipping to Singapore 10 bucks x kg!!!

Had prompt feedback from the guys (less than 10' after I wrote to them) and my order left Germany in less than 24hrs from the moment I have purchased. Will update once my order is delivered
    So far top-notch

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballophobe:

- Star Trek rubber rings
    - coil stop
    - 6 pinballs

yes i did a few times, shipping price is very reasonable and it's on the other side of the atlantic, go figure.

#221 4 years ago

I find there prices a little but higher, but the shipping is awesome and faster than the USA. I buy there first before the US....great customer service!

Quoted from pinballophobe:

- Star Trek rubber rings
    - coil stop
    - 6 pinballs

1 month later
    #222 4 years ago

Here is what I offer to my local pinball community, & if you or have someone coming to Halifax late May (driving). You could save yourself big dollars!

Seems weird but I did a customer a favour in Australia. He was buying a Seawitch glass from me, needed the Medusa glass sold out from CPR, & 2 plastic sets from CPR locally. So the Medusa glass came back in the crate, shipped with Seawitch, & 2 plastic sets from CPR. Saved the guy a lot by having 2 glass, & 2 plastic sets in my box to Australia with UPS. So if you are buying a glass from me, I will do the same in Canada. Or if you are buying a CPR glass, you could ask Kevin if he will do the same.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/city-of-halifax/pinball-parts-order-for-mid-may-from-marco-specialties/1065863220?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

#223 4 years ago

Put together a order yesterday. It totalled approximately $200 USD and shipping was quoted $100 for the cheapest option. Order cancelled. What a joke. I can only imagine what it would cost to ship big stuff like playfield glass.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gorno:

Put together a order yesterday. It totalled approximately $200 USD and shipping was quoted $100 for the cheapest option. Order cancelled. What a joke. I can only imagine what it would cost to ship big stuff like playfield glass.

playfield glass is not usually shipped internationally. well im not sure going from US to Canada.

my only option in australia is invisiglass, id prefer PDI though. not happening.

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbossfan:

not sure but i think things went down hill for them, ever since they used that stupid IGlobal shipping
    bullsh1t for international orders..... their service, and prices and transit times were better beforehand.
    just my personal experience.

#226 4 years ago

I don't know why these sellers don't get a Fedex salesman in to get a decent rate for international buyers.

#227 4 years ago

It isn't just a matter of having a delivery service. For international, there's a lot more paperwork - and the varying customs laws, import taxes, etc.

I've sent a couple gifts internationally. I spent more on time, than the value of the gifts. I don't see why any business would ship internationally unless they had so much international business it was worth streamlining.

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

For international, there's a lot more paperwork - and the varying customs laws, import taxes, etc.
    I've sent a couple gifts internationally. I spent more on time, than the value of the gifts. I don't see why any business would ship internationally unless they had so much international business it was worth streamlining.

I ship internationally because I want my products in the hands of people who need them. I've found that Paypal has simplified the paperwork sufficiently for me that I actually reduced my international shipping from $7 per order to $5. (announced a few weeks ago here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kahrus-circuits-reduces-international-non-usa-shipping-pricing )

But I'm a lot different than Marco - I sell six different items and they sell around 100k different items... and nothing I sell is over $38 or over one ounce so my packages are small value and weight by import/duty rules.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams 3-7 sound solutions

#229 4 years ago

FYI, Doug at Starburst / Playdium will order from Pinball Resource and Marco for you, and it comes out about the same price.

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

FYI, Doug at Starburst / Playdium will order from Pinball Resource and Marco for you, and it comes out about the same price.

Shipping rates from Starburst are just as bad. In my experience anyways...

#231 4 years ago

I'm in Toronto so it's local pickup for me.

#232 4 years ago
    Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Shipping rates from Starburst are just as bad. In my experience anyways...

Same here. The local pick up would be nice though.

1 month later
    #233 4 years ago

I really wish there was a better option here. Just added 4 SMALL coils and 100 #47 bulbs to my Marco checkout. $120 with cheapest shipping option.

I only paid $200 for the game! lol.

I think Im going to use my dads US address and just wait until the next time he goes down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Playfield - Protection
    PinShield
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside