Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Spencer
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1013623_10152771534073893_3852574372951996401_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    015.JPG
    014.JPG
    013.JPG
    012.JPG
    011.JPG
    010.JPG
    009.JPG
    008.JPG
    002.JPG
    001.JPG
    image-729.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSCN3210.JPG
    DSCN3207.JPG
    There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 9 years ago

Everyone knows this by now. Or should I say everyone that is not a US Citizen. I have no clue why Marco Specs decided to go with iGlobalStores to take care of their international orders.

I got charge $26.73US (+/- $33 CDN) to ship some decals/mylar, a few star posts, 5 pinballs and one target to Canada, more or less 1.5 pounds of stuff. The order was shipped on Dec 8th. And get this folks....for a delivery date of Jan 8th to Jan 26th (so between 30-58 days to deliver)....FOR $33 BUCKS!!!! I don't mind the wait but be reasonable in your shipping rates if that is the case. And this was the cheapest option on their site.

I see US folks bitch about an $8 shipping charge and they get there stuff in less than a week!

From my house to MS is 1676km / 1041 miles. Someone could have biked my order over by now. Why doesn't Marco offer reasonable shipping rates for international clients? Just put a few stamps on a frigging box and ship it over it would have been here sooner.

No.... now I get a frigging tracking number with this low cost shipping service that does not work.

So iglobalstores takes a cut, Landmark takes a cut and Marco takes a cut and international customers take it up the ass big time. For those who will say to order from Starburst. They charged me $28 dollars the other day for 2 BR and one battery holder.....thieves!!! And thank god someone picked it up in MTL or I would have had to pay shipping on top of that.

Why doesn't Marco setup a small Canadian based shop that ships out items from Canada? (apart from Playdium) I'm sure the demand is there. In the long run he would have happier international customers. I'm guessing part of the answer is that "it's easier said than done".

I still have to order from him whether I like it or not and that's where he knows he's got me by the balls.

I just wish I knew who the part supplier was for Marco, PPS, Bay, PBL and the rest of these folks so I can cut the freaking middle man and create a Canadian website of my own to tend to the pinball hobbyist on the north side of the border!

Rant over!

#2 9 years ago

You're quite angry.. Do you need a hug?
    (...and before you go crazy look at my location - i know your pain )

it might ironically be cheaper to order from Australia ... now that would be funny

We consolidate all our stuff via shipito before it leaves usa - its the only way its viable.

#3 9 years ago

I have purchased from Marco many times and had no problem-in fact from my experience they provide very professional service. But I channel my purchases through a shipping provider Comgateway which enables multiple purchases to be held & combined & shipped at my request. I use that provider for most US purchases.

#4 9 years ago

Think of how much money you will save by just moving 70 miles south. I hear there are some nice houses in Ogdensburg.

Ogdensburg.jpgOgdensburg.jpg

j/k, of course.

#5 9 years ago

OP, I doubt the math would even make sense but providing you're not ordering from Marco every other day you're more than welcome to have a shipment sent to me and I'll reship to you via carrier of your choice. My zip is 11010.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Think of how much money you will save by just moving 70 miles south. I hear there are some nice houses in Ogdensburg.

j/k, of course.

Ogdensburg.jpg 28 KB

Plus a sweet monorail!
    Oh sorry, I thought you said Ogdenville...

#7 9 years ago

I would suggest you send your opinions to Marco as well!

If they don't know how you feel, they may not realize there is a problem!

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I see US folks bitch about an $8 shipping charge and they get there stuff in less than a week!

Those US folks are idiots who would be best served with a lobotomy.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Plus a sweet monorail!
    Oh sorry, I thought you said Ogdenville...
    » YouTube video

Lol. The monorail song played in my head when I read that previous post.

#10 9 years ago

They should figure out how crap gets shipped from China, in less than two weeks, for pennies... (I understand it must be the shear quantity of shipments that reduces China's shipping cost, but international for basically nothing?)

#11 9 years ago

@OP ... i feel your pain

#12 9 years ago

Not sure that the problem is Marco's fault.
    Most US-Can shipping seems to be slow and expensive.
    Please let us and them know if you have a better, alternate shipper.

#13 9 years ago

I agree that marco is crazy expensive for shipping, but for me it has just meant I don't use them. I find the following retailers quite reasonable with international shipping..

Cliffy
    Pinball Life (they usually knock down the final shipping amount and give me a refund)
    Cointaker
    Comet
    Pinbits

Luckily we have some pretty good local suppliers.. RTBB and PSPA are both pretty good most of the time. Maybe you should make it your mission to start a Canadian supply business. Seems there is a gap there.

#14 9 years ago

I've found the same thing. I have no problems with quality or service of Marco themselves, but they become a last resort because payment and shipping for Canadian orders on must be done through iglobal, and the rates are just plain ridiculous.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Luckily we have some pretty good local suppliers.. RTBB and PSPA

+1

#16 9 years ago

I feel like an echo from that us shipping complaint thread. Pinball is an expensive hobby! Be grateful you can by 20+ year old parts and stop complaining about what it costs!

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

j/k, of course.

Ogdensburg.jpg 28 KB

All kidding aside, right now I drive down there to pick up pinball parts orders. This rant is more based on when I only need 1 or 2 items but still irks me on large orders. If I want to ship a .25cents spring Marco charges me close to 10 bucks to ship. When orders are over 300 marco sometime charges me close to 125 in shipping. At that point I just use the 5.99 shipping option and send it to the states. It's cheaper for me to drive 140 miles, pay the conversion rate, pay the taxes then it is to get it shipped to my house.

Yes pinball is an expensive hobby. For intestinal folks it's almost a 25% more expensive just because of the damn shipping.

I do agree that Terry at PBL is awesome when it comes to getting accurate shipping when you call him but he doesn't have all the parts. If he would Marco would kiss my ass goodbye.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Most US-Can shipping seems to be slow and expensive.

This in untrue. I received a Christmas gift from Thinkgeek.com in less then a week. I regularly order fom Amazon and pay minimal shipping and receive the product in good time. Even smaller companies like loot crate send me shoe box sized shipments in good time with only a couple bucks cost.

The problem is with iglobalstores. Their cost is unreasonable. Their service is slow.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

You're quite angry.. Do you need a hug?
    (...and before you go crazy look at my location - i know your pain )
    it might ironically be cheaper to order from Australia ... now that would be funny
    We consolidate all our stuff via shipito before it leaves usa - its the only way its viable.

Funny you mention this. I did order parts from Australia the other day on the same day as the Marco order. It took 12 business days to get here and costs less to ship. Go figure!

#20 9 years ago

We´ve ordered for ~1000$ , shipment to germany : over 300$ !
    We´ve checked wether someone has accidently ordered a complete pinball machine... but no, only small spare parts

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

I find the following retailers quite reasonable with international shipping..

Cliffy
    Pinball Life (they usually knock down the final shipping amount and give me a refund)
    Cointaker
    Comet
    Pinbits

Yep, thumbs up for these sellers! Always a pleasure to deal with them, reasonable shipping and handling fees, and usually fast as well! Thanks to them !!!

#22 9 years ago

I find Marcos international shipping to be extremely quick usually. It's probably held up due to the holidays. I've never waited more than 2 weeks for anything from them. Their international shipping is a bit pricy but so is pinball.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

We´ve ordered for ~1000$ , shipment to germany : over 300$ !
    We´ve checked wether someone has accidently ordered a complete pinball machine... but no, only small spare parts

Same here in Italy....about 270 € for the shipment / 1200 USD order. U_U
    It was a gruop collector order so we split costs, but I'll never order anything anymore for myself only!

#24 9 years ago

Marco shipping to Canada is heavily based on weight. I made a order a few days ago. The shipping for the first 6 parts which were not that heavy was $20 then I decide to add a 5 pack of ball and it added almost $10 to the shipping. Ended up only getting the 6 parts from marco because pinball life didn't have them and ordered Everthing else I needed including the balls from pinball life.

#25 9 years ago

Weight is only part of the equation. Iglobalstores just adds a percentage to the final bill. I just feel there are too many cooks in MS shipping department.

#26 9 years ago

My last order there was not overly large or heavy and was over $80 CDN to ship. Unfortunately they seem to have a few products that others don't and you've got to suck up your pride and bend over.

#27 9 years ago

I cancelled my last order when I saw the $88.00 shipping quote. I sent Marco an e-mail explaining the value of the order I just cancelled and why I did it, but never got a reply. I have not ordered from them since and they are now last on my list when I'm looking for parts.

#28 9 years ago

I feel the pain! They are last on my list. But sometimes they are the only source. I live 40 mins from the boarder :oand pick up large orders. Sometimes I spit on shipping if a buddy needs parts too. I can't see why Marco can't use a cheaper shipper. USPS would be better. Come on Marco help us out!

#29 9 years ago

I love their website and there shipping is really fast but as everyone has pointed out there rates are nuts. If they had international shipping rates that were reasonable they would be my go to every time.

#30 9 years ago

Glad I am not the only one feeling the pain! Out of curiosity how many Canadians on here order parts from Marco and other folks from the states but would rather order from a Canadian company that is not playdium/starburst?

#31 9 years ago

I appreciate that Marco put a lot of work into their website, very easy to search for parts. Their stock is also excellent which is the only reason I spend money with them.

The shipping is just too high so I always check Pinball Life, Bay Area and Planetary first. Marco would get a lot more orders from me with more reasonable shipping.

#32 9 years ago

I don't have a stake in this directly, being in the US, but I'd be curious to see a response from a Marco Rep on this forum as to why Canadian shipping is out of line with orders from other vendors (pinball and non).

#33 9 years ago

I had the same problem with Marco. I always ordered there, but since they changed to iGlobal, I had problems with all my last 3 orders. I sent they an email and they said that iGlobal was the only option. They didnt even ask the problems that I had.... Since then, I only buy in Marco when a friend goes to US and can bring the order to me. Otherwise I only buy in PinballLife. Terry is a great person, always trying to help me finding the parts that I need...

#34 9 years ago

On my first Marco order I got an email from iGlobal stating my package had failed to be delivered and would I like to pay again?! After three days they finally figured out it was returned to their facility because they forgot to take it off the truck or something. Very slow and terribly expensive, I will email Marco to let them know they are losing sales because of the exorbitant shipping.

I would love to have a Canadian source for bulbs, rubbers, lights, pinballs, etc. with reasonable shipping. I buy my rubber off ebay from patelrock now, no complaints about that.

#35 9 years ago

For bulbs and LED kits check out Tommy at Nitro Amusements. We ship tons of stuff to him as our Canadian distributor. May save on time and shipping I know he stocks a good amount of other stuff as well, check him out!

http://www.nitroamusements.com/CONTACT.html

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

On my first Marco order I got an email from iGlobal stating my package had failed to be delivered and would I like to pay again?!

Nice way to keep your future business. We lost your package do you want to pay again....who the hell sends something like that?

#37 9 years ago

Nice way to keep your future business. We lost your package do you want to pay again....who the hell sends something like that?

I think they got it back but didn't know why so assumed it had been refused or something. iGlobal doesn't deliver it themselves which is part of the problem, they had to contact the shipper to figure out what was going on. But yeah, I wasn't too pleased to be asked to pay through the nose...twice! I think shipping was $85 on a $200 order -- way slower and way more expensive than everyone else.

#38 9 years ago

Marco is my vendor of choice
    Always been 7 days or less for me

#39 9 years ago

OP, the fee probably includes customs brokerage fees along with paperwork and documentation.

#40 9 years ago

Same here , mostly always buying from Marco , shipping is expensive but a lot of parts , great service and fast shipping.

Pinball is expensive ...in every way for international ..

#41 9 years ago

There is no Custom charge included in the shipping price .. they can be paid seperatly depending on the shipping options.

#42 9 years ago

I suspect, they, like most sellers also inflate the shipping weight linked to items so that it incorporates a packaging component. The problem is this is added to multiple items. So when you order a handful of decals and some small bits, it tells you that your shipping weight is 7lbs.

No uncommon that the shipping costs can exceed the cost of the items themselves. grrr

#43 9 years ago

Hey I would count my blessings a guy wanted to by mirrors in the Netherlands and it cost $240.00 to get a set just in shipping. Now that just wrong but we have no control over that and we sure don't get to keep the cash.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

OP, the fee probably includes customs brokerage fees along with paperwork and documentation.

Actually you have the option to add custom in the cart for even more shipping. So no brokerage fees are not included!

#45 9 years ago

Glad I am not the only one feeling the pain! Out of curiosity how many Canadians on here order parts from Marco and other folks from the states but would rather order from a Canadian company that is not playdium/starburst?

All of us.

#46 9 years ago

I have had things shipped from Japan that got here faster and cheaper than pretty much anything I've had shipped the US. I don't understand why it takes so much longer. Further, I've never had to pay brokerage on ANYTHING I've ever received from any country other than the US. So much for NAFTA!

I don't mean to sound like I'm not happy with the US, just how long it takes to ship something from there to here!

Further, I would always recommend people ship with USPS over any of the couriers. When it comes to brokerage fees, I've always paid less when shipped by USPS than with UPS, FedEx, etc. If anything at all.

I agree with the OP, and would love to see a better distribution channel in Canada. With the disparity in the dollar, it's closing the US marketplace to us!

#47 9 years ago

Maybe buy your parts the old fashioned way, from a local distributor. If you are remote, have the Toronto distributor ship to yoh.

Is Currie Distributing still around in Campbleville? I attended the Gottlieb service school there in 1977 IIRC. George Offshack was the Gottlieb field guy who did the training. He now owns a campground in Ontario.

#48 9 years ago

I agree it's expensive shipping too, but always thought it was because it was from the states in general. Pretty fast sometimes and slower other times. I live in Sweden so not that many places to get pin stuff here unfortunately.

#49 9 years ago

I used to order from Marco all the time.....not anymore.They will not even let you ship your order to a US address(which I have done many times)

And I would never buy anything from Playdium/Starburst

#50 9 years ago

You can ship to a U.S. address if you put American arm forces instead of your province . small loophole

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-marco-specialities-is-ruining-it-for-international-customers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.