Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chessiv
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hot-chicks-texhoma.jpg
    243918.gif
    time v science.jpg
    thread_direction_max600.gif
    image-713.jpg
    ROADHOUSE!.jpeg
    IMAG3378.jpg
    IMAG3560.jpg
    image.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bogart.jpg
    images.jpg
    image.jpg
    simpsons-mob.jpg
    200_s.gif
    There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 9 years ago

If you can't play the rusty trombone, you're outta the band

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Debate this, do these make my thighs look fat?

image-713.jpg 144 KB

Some things you can't unsee!!!!

#203 9 years ago

Read this today and thought Id post it in the thread. A predator assaults his son and the dad unleashes the fury on the degenerate. Would you just turn your cheek or get your fists bloody?

http://news.yahoo.com/police-fla-father-beats-accused-child-abuser-193806138.html

#204 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Read this today and thought Id post it in the thread. A Predator assaults his son and the dad unleashes the fury on the degenerate. Would you just turn your cheek or get your fists bloody?
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-fla-father-beats-accused-child-abuser-193806138.html

In this type of scenario, if the allegations are true, the abuser is lucky to be alive. I don't even want to think what I would do if something similar happened to one of my kids.

#205 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

I read an article in which smelling farts was healthy.. I prefer to remain sicker then however

I read that. Who would do that study and who would volunteer to participate in it?

#206 9 years ago

F that scum. Glad police used common sense and the dad isn't being charged with anything.

#207 9 years ago

thread_direction_max600.gifthread_direction_max600.gif

#208 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

A Predator assaults his son and the dad unleashes the fury on the degenerate. Would you just turn your cheek or get your fists bloody?

I'd do more than get my fists bloody, it would include my size 13 shoes and my baseball bat.

There's a time to walk away, and there's a time to protect your family. No matter what the cost may be later on, if someone is violating a family member, I'm not "walking away".

I'm not a barbaric moron, I just put my family first and when it comes to anyone treating them like trash, I'm there to step in.

Kudo's to the dad for stepping up, I'm amazed the perp is still alive.

#209 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Debate this, do these make my thighs look fat?
    image-713.jpg 144 KB

Well, since you asked, I'm gonna have to say, yeah maybe a little bit. Hard to tell without a rear view. I'm partial to the mankini as it has a slimming affect. Just not everyone can pull it off. I suggest you switch to diet Shasta and lay off the lunch meats for awhile. :Hugs: PattyJ

#210 9 years ago
    Quoted from PattyJ:

I'm partial to the mankini as it has a slimming affect. Just not everyone can pull it off

"Pull it off?" Pun intended? Haaaaaaaaaaa!

#211 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

"Pull it off?" Pun intended? Haaaaaaaaaaa!

Yeah, I'm not sure who's pulling what, but I don't judge.

#212 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I read that. Who would do that study and who would volunteer to participate in it?

People are not skeptical enough of the stuff they read online...

time v science.jpgtime v science.jpg

#213 9 years ago

Yo Dantebean,
    where the fuck is the Centerflank Hitler video?
    Get off your ass and keep the good times rolling bro.
    Cheers
    PChop

#214 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

People are not skeptical enough of the stuff they read online...

time v science.jpg 88 KB

Yea, it figures. I just wont even bother to make a comment.

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Yo Dantebean,
    where the fuck is the Centerflank Hitler video?
    Get off your ass and keep the good times rolling bro.
    Cheers
    PChop

Too busy lately. I will need to research Centerflank too and get some material.

#216 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Too busy lately. I will need to research Centerflank too and get some material.

Pretty please

#217 9 years ago

There has to be a role for Bangerjay too. I know you can do it!

#218 9 years ago

Hey PattyJ,

Umm, your location next to your avatar is way past history.
    Are you gonna update it soon. I would feel sad for u if you really were still living there.
    You deserve much better in life. Hope you've been having some fun times this Summer.

P.s.: Not trying to derail this thread and make things so personal.

#219 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Hey PattyJ,
    Umm, your location next to your Avatar is way past history.
    Are you gonna update it soon. I would feel sad for u if you really were still living there.
    You deserve much better in life. Hope you've been having some fun times this Summer.
    P.s.: Not trying to derail this thread and make things so personal.

No, I'm still here. I'm looking forward to hooking up with my new man. His name is Greg and he lives in Monroe, MI. Seems really cool, but I mentioned in another thread that he's been sickly and needing a lot of cold medicine mailed to him. In the meantime, I'm stuck in the Maw of Carl's Basement until I can "earn" enough cash to catch the bus out East to Monroe. Too bad that guy from New Zealand with the Hearse isn't going my way.

#220 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'm probably going to lose more faction points for saying this but...
    There are a high degree of immature people here who develop personal grudges against people who express contrary viewpoints.
    I don't know why this is. But if you disagree with the wrong people, they will lob personal attacks at you. It is likely the result of their own insecurities and their inability to peacefully coexist with someone disagreeing with them (it's not-uncoincedentally similar to the way people of different political and religious persuasions tend to view those who believe differently as "evil.").
    Pinside reminds me a lot of high school. There are clickes of people... little gangs of sycophants who treat pinball manufacturers as if they're political parties and have to be loyal to one or the other. I don't understand it, and I've given up trying to care. People can hate on me all they want. I'm still going to speak my mind.

You just became my new favorite person on this forum.

Let me start off my rant by saying that I honestly do not think of myself as a troll. The thing about this forum is if you are not a blind optimist in your attitude toward a particular product/project/manufacturer, and you dare to ask a technical question about a thing someone is building/selling folks will monkey-pile you just for asking the question. From the salesperson perspective I get this attitude, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that you have asked a question that he/she doesn't want to answer because it might make the project look bad. And as personally disappointing as this can be, I can also understand anyone on payroll following suit. But from everyone else, ESPECIALLY the folks with cash invested... why would you not want to know everything you can about something that you are about to spend a big pile of cash on? Or even if you aren't interested in the question posed, why can't the rest of us know the answer?

I've had conversations with the owner and a mod about this very subject, they were both really friendly guys. I fully understand this is a privately owned forum and I post here at their pleasure, and I need to follow their rules. But they told me in addition to wanting to keep this site friendly and positive that they also were practicing a "pro manufacturer" attitude in their moderation because without new stuff being made pinball would die. I guess I get that to an extent. The problem is Pinside's only real product offering is information and speech, not new pinball machines. If you want new machines, and you want them to be the best they can be, maybe not allowing obvious and blatant personal attacks on critics would be a good idea. Make anyone that gets personal the target of moderation, not folks that are politely asking a question.

#221 9 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

not folks that are politely asking a question.

VIPER001 I have to agree with you on that one.

On another thread about the MMr, of which I have purchased one, we were informed that they will not come with a coin mech. I posted a very tactful message that I was disappointed and thought for $8,000 I should get a fully working pin, complete with the coin mech. Well . . . I got blasted by a host of people telling me basically, I was a cheap-ass because I could buy my own for $12.00, that HUO pins didn't need a coin mech, that Stern's didn't come with them (not true . . . I own three Stern NIB's and they all came with coin mechs), and other snide remarks about how some people can't be pleased. It got pretty heated and I did my best to hold my ground without getting ugly. I insisted it wasn't the money but the principal. Got bad enough that one of them apparently called in a Moderator! I posted that I was going to cease talking about it.

I was ESPECIALLY disappointed that someone posted that I was 'mad' at and being unfair to Rick, the guy behind the MMr project. Rick even posted that if I was mad at him that his phone number was posted and all I had to do was phone him. I wasn't mad at anyone! That's how awful this thing progressed and how shocking it is to see your words twisted around like that. A simple question and I got tarred and feathered. I was steamed and hurt at the same time. One guy said since I am so old, I should use my 'years of wisdom' and not ask for the impossible, that I could order my own damned coin mech and stop being so ridiculous! Talk about insulting!

That's all . . .
    Mike in Kentucky

You would think a person could make a comment on Pinside, as long as it was not abrasive or rude,

#222 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

On another thread about the MMr, of which I have purchased one, we were informed that they will not come with a coin mech. I posted a very tactful message that I was disappointed and thought for $8,000 I should get a fully working pin, complete with the coin mech. Well . . . I got blasted by a host of people telling me basically, I was a cheap-ass because I could buy my own for $12.00, that HUO pins didn't need a coin mech, that Stern's didn't come with them (not true . . . I own three Stern NIB's and they all came with coin mechs), and other snide remarks about how some people can't be pleased. It got pretty heated and I did my best to hold my ground without getting ugly. I insisted it wasn't the money but the principal. Got bad enough that one of them apparently called in a Moderator! I posted that I was going to cease talking about it.
    I was ESPECIALLY disappointed that someone posted that I was 'mad' at and being unfair to Rick, the guy behind the MMr project. Rick even posted that if I was mad at him that his phone number was posted and all I had to do was phone him. I wasn't mad at anyone! That's how awful this thing progressed and how shocking it is to see your words twisted around like that. A simple question and I got tarred and feathered. I was steamed and hurt at the same time. One guy said since I am so old, I should use my 'years of wisdom' and not ask for the impossible, that I could order my own damned coin mech and stop being so ridiculous! Talk about insulting!
    That's all . . .
    Mike in Kentucky
    You would think a person could make a comment on Pinside, as long as it was not abrasive or rude,

you have a weird definition of calm and tactful. you were wearing the exclamation point off of your keyboard that day.

Quoted from Pintucky:

EXACTLY!!! This was to be a MM Remake . . . not a partial remake!!!

Quoted from Pintucky:

A pinball machine is not a real one unless it has the ability to have coins slugged in it and 'registering'!!!

Quoted from Pintucky:

I am VERY unhappy with this. Hell, I even thought the LE came with the Invisiglass!!! When you start taking away all the 'included' features of a Cadillac, you end up with a Volkswagon!!! And for $8,000!!!????!!!!!!! I don't care if the coin mechs can be bought for $12. This is a total surprise and maybe the beginning of constantly stripping these Remakes down. Not good. Not good at all!!!!!!!!

those were your first three posts on the subject. if you really were feeling calm, throwing all those exclamation points around was certainly doing a bad job of conveying your actual demeanor. it made it seem like you were angry and shouting.

#223 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

That's all . . .
    Mike in Kentucky

Easy fix, just cancel your order and get a refund.
    Problem solved.

#224 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

A simple question and I got tarred and feathered.

Pics ??

#225 9 years ago

pezpunk . . . . Looks like you don't miss a trick, do you? What do you do, just lurk around waiting to stir shit?!

I saw something you posted the other day that really caught my eye and I changed my opinion of you . . . can't remember what you said, but I thought it was a well thought out comment. I thought maybe all the words you spewed at me in that other thread were just a one-time thing. I almost sent you a compliment email. But I'm back to my original opinion. You are probably very intelligent, but you are wasting your talents by living just to taunt people and get your kicks out of being challenging.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my ole friend and buddy Tracelifter. I'm confused by your comment. Can't tell if you are making fun of me or just merely saying 'sell'. This little problem doesn't warrant selling. I would like to continue our friendship. Maybe you didn't know it was me . . .

Now . . . viper . . . see what happens when you just speak your piece? The hate mail comes rolling in!

#226 9 years ago

i really did just mean that all those exclamation points made it seem like you were yelling at everyone in the room. i know there can often be a real difference between actual attitude and what is conveyed through words typed out. can't see faces, can't hear inflections, etc.

#227 9 years ago

Yup pintucky went on a rant and now has altered perceptions .

#228 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yup pintucky went on a rant and now has altered perceptions

I used to enjoy your comments on here . . . but . . . here lately you just spew antagonistic comment. That was not a RANT for ME. I was defending myself from unwarranted accusations from people of your ilk. If I ranted, you would damn well know it. For the first time in my life on a forum, I am led to say "I kindly do not enjoy your comments." I once served in Leesburg in the military. A lot of nice people there.

Post edited by Pintucky: Edited in repsonse to nicely worded reply by the poster.

#229 9 years ago

Just read what you wrote again. Your point was fair your meltdowns are not .
    Thank you for your service. Sad though the way you just go straight to insane rants.
    Don't use caps, cuss words and exclamation points if you don't want folks thinking your ranting ; )

#230 9 years ago

Appreciate you saying thank you for my service. Ft. Lee, Virginia (8 years). See my edited post above. Peace!
    Mike

#232 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

On another thread about the MMr, of which I have purchased one, we were informed that they will not come with a coin mech. I posted a very tactful message that I was disappointed and thought for $8,000 I should get a fully working pin, complete with the coin mech. Well .

For 8K+ you should not only get a coin mech but a complimentary reacharound.

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Hell, I'll take anything at MY age!

#234 9 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

This apelike macho posturing bullshit often gets people killed. Knock someone out, they fall and break their neck or something, hello murder! Evolve, people.

Evolution is a slow and often painful process. It doesn't push humans to become what they want to be, but rather to survive in whatever environment they're placed in. The reality is if you threaten a man's wife or his children, all bets are off. While I don't agree with his decision to lay the guy out in clover, I'm not surprised by it. Under the civilized facade, we're all animals. The difference between civilization and chaos is about three to four meals.

So while I understand your point, I'm not sure you will see the society you're expecting in your lifetime. It'd be nice, but with the average intelligence of the populace declining, mounting economic pressure and social injustice, it strikes me as unlikely.

#235 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

SOLD! (Local pickup only)

#236 9 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

The difference between civilization and chaos is about three to four meals.

That was a brilliant analysis!

Quoted from swf127:

but with the average intelligence of the populace declining, mounting economic pressure and social injustice, it strikes me as unlikely.

Nicely articulated!

I have seen in my lifetime, the dumbing-down of our school age children. They may be computer literate, but they are extremely ILLITERATE!!! I once taught on the high school and university level. I became depressed finding out many of them did not know what the name of their own state capital was, the name of the local newspaper, who their Congressman was. Little knowledge of history or literature. Of course, I saw two or three who excelled and lifted my spirits, but mostly I felt like I was looking out at a sea of faces with no compass whatsoever . . . no direction, no plans for life, no desire and ambition, or zeal to learn.

On a global perspective: With all the fighting in the Middle East over religious differences (putting it mildly!), conflagration and warring factions in SO many countries, with so many people emigrating to other nations bringing their cultural 'differences' with them diluting the indigenous population (and traits), the global economy being so delicate . . . I'm afraid Western civilization . . . the world even . . . as we know it, is in the first stages of disintegration. This decade could be the beginning of the end. UNLESS, peace breaks out everywhere and a miracle happens where people forget their differences, come out of the stone age, and treat one another as brothers.

"Under the civilized facade, we're all animals." So simply put . . . so stunning to think about!

You have such a way with words and understanding our plight, perhaps you should run for public office!
    Mike in Kentucky

#237 9 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperNinja:

SOLD! (Local pickup only)

Now, THAT was funny Flipper!!!!!

#238 9 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

You just became my new favorite person on this forum.
    Let me start off my rant by saying that I honestly do not think of myself as a troll. The thing about this forum is if you are not a blind optimist in your attitude toward a particular product/project/manufacturer, and you dare to ask a technical question about a thing someone is building/selling folks will monkey-pile you just for asking the question. From the salesperson perspective I get this attitude, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that you have asked a question that he/she doesn't want to answer because it might make the project look bad. And as personally disappointing as this can be, I can also understand anyone on payroll following suit. But from everyone else, ESPECIALLY the folks with cash invested... why would you not want to know everything you can about something that you are about to spend a big pile of cash on? Or even if you aren't interested in the question posed, why can't the rest of us know the answer?
    I've had conversations with the owner and a mod about this very subject, they were both really friendly guys. I fully understand this is a privately owned forum and I post here at their pleasure, and I need to follow their rules. But they told me in addition to wanting to keep this site friendly and positive that they also were practicing a "pro manufacturer" attitude in their moderation because without new stuff being made pinball would die. I guess I get that to an extent. The problem is Pinside's only real product offering is information and speech, not new pinball machines. If you want new machines, and you want them to be the best they can be, maybe not allowing obvious and blatant personal attacks on critics would be a good idea. Make anyone that gets personal the target of moderation, not folks that are politely asking a question.

Blind optimism isn't good. Neither is generating negativity our doubt with no good reason. You're probably not trolling but it feels like it. There are lots of thing that could possibly go wrong with the mmr project, maybe something will. I haven't seen any evidence of something to be really concerned about yet. Now, if something really happens you can rest assured that people will go apeshit about it. I honestly just don't feel anything serious is going wrong right now.

#239 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

That was a brilliant analysis!

Thanks.

Quoted from Pintucky:

You have such a way with words and understanding our plight, perhaps you should run for public office!

Thanks, but I wouldn't vote for me.

#240 9 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Blind optimism isn't good. Neither is generating negativity our doubt with no good reason. You're probably not trolling but it feels like it. There are lots of thing that could possibly go wrong with the mmr project, maybe something will. I haven't seen any evidence of something to be really concerned about yet. Now, if something really happens you can rest assured that people will go apeshit about it. I honestly just don't feel anything serious is going wrong right now.

The best way to debug any product is through testing. From the beginning of the mmr project there was much good talk from the salesperson that the game would be shown publically "so that all the potential customers could be hands on with it". That is a good idea, but frankly it didn't happen. With each public showing the desire for them to show it dropped off. One week it can't go to a show because it's at the testing lab, the next week it's at the factory if you want to see it (which obviously how many folks were going to make that?), a couple weeks later it can't go to another show because it's back at the testing laboratory, etc. They built at least 2 games, why couldn't at least one of them be sent to the shows as was originally promised?

But outside of that, why won't Rick answer simple technical questions? He is building a physical product, not a religion or an idea. Does it come with a printed manual? Will they have printed schematics available like WPC did? Will the game come with a goodie bag? Can the new OS compensate for a broken EOS switch like the original could? I could mention at least a dozen other such questions that have been ignored. Either it will or it won't, why not let folks know all the good news and bad ahead of time versus the inevitable threads and backlash that will occur when it shows up on folk's doorsteps and doesn't meet their preconceived expectations?

#241 9 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

The best way to debug any product is through testing. From the beginning of the mmr project there was much good talk from the salesperson that the game would be shown publically "so that all the potential customers could be hands on with it". That is a good idea, but frankly it didn't happen. With each public showing the desire for them to show it dropped off. One week it can't go to a show because it's at the testing lab, the next week it's at the factory if you want to see it (which obviously how many folks were going to make that?), a couple weeks later it can't go to another show because it's back at the testing laboratory, etc. They built at least 2 games, why couldn't at least one of them be sent to the shows as was originally promised?
    But outside of that, why won't Rick answer simple technical questions? He is building a physical product, not a religion or an idea. Does it come with a printed manual? Will they have printed schematics available like WPC did? Will the game come with a goodie bag? Can the new OS compensate for a broken EOS switch like the original could? I could mention at least a dozen other such questions that have been ignored. Either it will or it won't, why not let folks know all the good news and bad ahead of time versus the inevitable threads and backlash that will occur when it shows up on folk's doorsteps and doesn't meet their preconceived expectations?

They have invited anyone who wanted to attend twice now to an open house. Surprisingly not a lot of people went but the invitation was there. So you insinuate that they are hiding something and not allowing people to play? I have to say that's not the case at all.

As for a Rick answering you I probably wouldn't either with your conspiracy theorist line of questioning. Lots of people besides me have pointed it out to you but you continue. No surprise Rick ignores you.

#242 9 years ago

Annnnd back to the OP.... These groups are like being back in High School, butt load of cry babies, and keyboard warriors. ... Sums it up quite nicely Anyway, Caddyshack is on and thats all that matters...KCCO!! BFM!

#243 9 years ago

I remember high school. It had lots of this.....

hot-chicks-texhoma.jpghot-chicks-texhoma.jpg

#244 9 years ago

Oh that blonde on the right......

#245 9 years ago

hot-chicks-texhoma.jpg 30 KB

Damn dude!! I went to the wrong high school that's for sure!!

#246 9 years ago

Cliques. With a q.

#247 9 years ago

I vote that we make this a sexytime picture thread until it finally gets locked.

#248 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I vote that we make this a sexytime picture thread until it finally gets locked.

LOL

#249 9 years ago

hot-chicks-texhoma.jpg 30 KB

Lol, not when I went to highschool....That shit was after my time, that was college for me..... I grew up before kids had "lipstick" partys.... I missed out (but I made up for it in college )

#250 9 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

I grew up before kids had "lipstick" partys.... I missed out (but I made up for it in college )

Ewwwwwwwwwwww with Dogs?!?

There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-make-things-so-personal/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.