8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2269_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider windoesnot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago

Think I'll chime in here. Have owned a LOTR for about 3 months now and of the 6 I have had so far is my favourite by quite a considerable margin. It's not perfect, no machine is but as an all round package its simply amazing.

Pros:
1/ The theme is not only a great choice but a lot of thought has been put into adding it into the game. The modes, shots, call outs, music, artwork and toys are fantastic and really add to the feel of the machine
2/ The flow is great and a well looked after machine can play very fast but still very fair. Some great shots in there, in particular the centre ring ramp shot (where a well tweaked spinner will keep going and going), the orbits and the left ramp
3/ The code (thanks Keefer) is as good as on any other machine, I find the only part I don't enjoy is the Witch King mode, everything else just works perfectly. The modes, multiballs and scoring all feel different enough for the shot objectives and style. Having 'Gift of the Elves' is bloody brilliant too and encourages you to try and complete what you're doing rather than just timing things out. Have yet to reach 'There and back again' (have mode starts set very difficult) but Destroy the Ring is superb, such a tense mode to do and the all or nothing feel to it. I'll never see Valinor unless I have an hour spare and take the glass off so thats another story
4/ TTT multiball Super Jackpot callout, need I say more

Cons (both minor):
1/ The Gimli / Gollum cave shot is clunky at best and could possibly have been designed better although I can see what they were trying with this. It is frustrating the amount of times a shot will go straight over and into the pops rather than sticking, although have found it more reliable back handing from the right flipper
2/ Whilst the right ramp shot is good it is a bit crap that the ball will knock against the side of the cabinet often after hitting the standup target at the top. Not a huge thing but always stuck me as a bit odd

I love this machine and whilst for me none would ever be a life time keeper, this one will be with me for a good time yet. It also works superbly well with an LED OCD board too.

#73 8 years ago

Completely agree with Eskaybee, ball times can be as long or as short as you want depending on how hard you set the game up. Get some Gerlitz wax on the playfield if you want to make it really fast too, 1 coat of this completely changed the speed of mine and make it much more difficult but also much more rewarding to play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 18.95
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baton Rouge, LA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider windoesnot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-lotr-is-so-special?tu=windoesnot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.