20210110_163755 (resized).jpg
20210110_163659 (resized).jpg
20210110_155138 (resized).jpg
20210110_155853 (resized).jpg
20210109_172909 (resized).jpg
IMG_0046 (resized).JPG
20210109_122019 (resized).jpg
20210109_122007 (resized).jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Looks nice. Now you need the fist spinner, looks cool when it spins and the two sides blend together. I got one a while back that was NOS from JT amusements Gott_Lieb

https://jtamusements.com/store/images/GTB_A-19433_Hulk.JPG

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Looks nice. Now you need the fist spinner, looks cool when it spins and the two sides blend together. I got one a while back that was NOS from JT amusements gott_lieb
https://jtamusements.com/store/images/GTB_A-19433_Hulk.JPG

It's probably hidden under that horrible paint. I forgot to remove the paint off this one.

Looked online and most places were sold out

#53 3 years ago

All Hulk get is clown puke jokes.
Hulk tired... so very tired.

(great job; It's your game - GI color it like you want)

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from DreB:

Also for shits and giggles, Hulk now has a red thumbnail. Hahahaahh
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like your style. Great work!

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from DreB:

Bought my first pin about 6 months ago not knowing much but it seemed weird for me that my playfield had a house on it, like wtf does a house have to do with Hulk?. I then quickly realized that someone had covered up the playfield. After much scrubbing I found a damaged but WAY better playfield. LIKE WTF?. Lol. I live close to the Quebec border so I'm wondering if it was a language thing as all the lettering was covered. Anyhow, the touch ups will commence soon but what a difference.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m suspecting you bought this from David Banner...

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from DreB:

It's probably hidden under that horrible paint. I forgot to remove the paint off this one.
Looked online and most places were sold out

Great job man. Turned out really nice! Job well done!!

I also find the red thumbnail pretty hilarious and great too...nice touch . I'm also a fan of warm whites, I think it really brings out a lot of the color on the playfield art and also spotlights your work well.

Out of curiosity, what brand of clear coat in the can did you use? Hard to tell in the pictures, but in looking close at the game from your perspective, did the edges of the new clear coat that you put on seem to blend in nicely with the surrounding playfield or were there any obvious variations in levels? Regardless, very nice job on a very fun game. You really turned that thing around!

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I also find the red thumbnail pretty hilarious and great too...nice touch . I'm also a fan of warm whites, I think it really brings out a lot of the color on the playfield art and also spotlights your work well.
Out of curiosity, what brand of clear coat in the can did you use? Hard to tell in the pictures, but in looking close at the game from your perspective, did the edges of the new clear coat that you put on seem to blend in nicely with the surrounding playfield or were there any obvious variations in levels? Regardless, very nice job on a very fun game. You really turned that thing around!

To be honest, I had never clear coated a playfield before and it left dimples. I didn't do my research. Added another coat and same. I waited for it to fully dry then wet sanded it with fine grit to smooth it out. Then I cleaned it with Novus 2 then waxed. If you get really close you can see small dimples but it doesn't affect the game play. I didn't do the whole playfield, just the areas I had to repaint. Still learning. First restoration. Lol

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I used this.

20210129_084323 (resized).jpg20210129_084323 (resized).jpg
#59 3 years ago
Quoted from DreB:

I used this.
[quoted image]

oof

#60 3 years ago

Yeah. Not smart.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from DreB:

Yeah. Not smart.

have you read through this thread at all? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration If not, I highly recommend it!

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

have you read through this thread at all? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration If not, I highly recommend it!

Not yet. I will now. Tks

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Wow, very impressive and a lot of elbow grease I'm sure. Perhaps it would work on this one that was painted by a youth church group?
John[quoted image]

Ugggghhhhh.....that poor Flash Gordon...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 7.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-lol/page/2?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.