(Topic ID: 263716)

Why leave a prick of a comment on a family pinball YouTube video?

By AckerApple

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coindork
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Was this comment out of line”

• Yes 4 votes
    8%
  • No 26 votes
    49%
  • Other (thinking too deep about this) 23 votes
    43%

(Multiple choice - 53 votes by 52 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6D1D0A86-8E38-4C6B-8FC2-869FB9FBDC1A (resized).png
77A272C4-8382-47E8-B02C-2E420BAEB0F4 (resized).jpeg
Card.jpg
download (resized).jpg
whiner (resized).jpg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
66b5bdfb1d186c08e27ed118915bce95cb5197c7 (resized).png
PoorComment (resized).png

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I've disliked the know-it-alls in the pinball community before. Feeling it first hand today.

I posted a YouTube "congratulations" video to my friend Rob, who just recently bought Star Wars Stern Home pinball machine.

The video is obviously of low quality in that it was thrown together in Apple iMovie. It is even improperly formatted (vertical iPhone for widescreen video).

Why someone has to be a prick and leave such a comment, is beyond me. Why come throw salt on my plate, it won't make your life any brighter? Haven't you heard "mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy"?

I've seen worse, I feel for those who work in pinball and have to get comments like this weekly. Certainly not the first time a Mr. KnowItAll knew too much.

Thoughts?
PoorComment (resized).pngPoorComment (resized).png

#2 4 years ago

People are assholes.

WTF does that even mean, installs it close to wall?

#3 4 years ago

He plays backgammon, what do you expect.

#4 4 years ago

Wow, guess some people are just Richards!

I don't personally know Rob but Way To Go!! Congrats.

#5 4 years ago

Really? That's the comment that was bad enough for you to screencap, draw arrows, caption it, and start a thread? First day on the internet?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from AckerApple:

I've seen worse

Many choices in life...

0. suffer over the smallest of things by reacting
1. turn off comments
2. don't read comments
3. grow thicker skin
4. know when you've been trolled
5. learn from the guy what his comment meant to him

My question would be, why did you choose to go with 0?

-mof

#7 4 years ago

Maybe he is suggesting that you showcase the new Star Wars pinball so that both sides of the artwork can be seen? Otherwise I have no idea what that comment really means in reference to the video

...and you will get harsher comments on Pinside with your OP

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Really? That's the comment that was bad enough for you to screencap, draw arrows, caption it, and start a thread? First day on the internet?

Hmmm....I have seen this guy with a dicecup in his hand before

#9 4 years ago

My next question is, how did a backgammon player find your video so fast?
mof

#10 4 years ago

It's 2020, doesn't everyone know it's illegal to film vertically?

#11 4 years ago

Yes, first day on the internet and born yesterday. What was I thinking I was gonna start a new hash tag or me too?

No, I just have tools and a place to vent. That’s what this forum is for. Little venting about some BS. I’ll grow thicker skin, sure, I’ll still use annotations and forums too.

#12 4 years ago

I remember my first day on the internet.

JK

People are assholes, don't sweat it

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well go ahead and "film" your pinball machine horizontally and let's see how it looks (obviously better than this video but you get my drift)

#14 4 years ago

After reading this thread the only logical thing to do is start a complaint thread of my own.

#15 4 years ago

Yes you were saying...….

66b5bdfb1d186c08e27ed118915bce95cb5197c7 (resized).png66b5bdfb1d186c08e27ed118915bce95cb5197c7 (resized).png
#16 4 years ago

Because it’s free.. Saw a guy not wash his hands in the Burger King bathroom other day- I decided to just look at him really mean-like ,instead of starting a thread about it. I chose poorly. My blood pressure was like 200 over 120 all day- should have vented. Why am I leaving this comment? Oh yeah- see first sentence.

#17 4 years ago

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Saw a guy not wash his hands in the Burger King bathroom other day

We got us a health nut! Eating at BK probably worse than failing to wash your hands.

#19 4 years ago

I (used to) know how to spell.

It's "starry" night.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starry_Night

And I do not play backgammon...
mof

#20 4 years ago

Had to downvote this thread.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

^^THIS!

Worst thread in history...grow some balls!

#22 4 years ago

I got a reply comment from original YouTube comment.

"Some people place a pool table as close to a wall and don't recognize their stupidity either."

I guess don't put the side of your pinball machines near walls?

jardine @yancy

Agreed, worst thread ever. I could have approached this in a far more entertaining fashion for your viewing pleasure.

@mof

"Starry", got it thanks. iMovie no spell check.

Thanks ya'llllllllllll

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#23 4 years ago

Anybody else confused here besides me?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from AckerApple:

I guess don't put the side of your pinball machines near walls?

He's trolling you.
-mof

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

#26 4 years ago

Man, if that guy only knew how badly he lit your fuse. Not only are you going to read his comment every morning while brushing your teeth but you also had to start a thread in a pinball forum about it to help soothe the pain, lol. Good luck with your future internet endeavors bud.

#27 4 years ago

pipes yeah it burned my balls. It happens, good to go through.

@mof, I don't think he's trolling me. I think he's serious or a combination of both.

HEY, I got a reply! This guy knows more.....

@Acker Apple
And when your hand hits the wall when performing an extreme slap save then you'll have learned the lesson too. But before there's even the possibility for that to happen you'll need to first realize how a power slap save is executed:
You determine which flipper the ball will come closest to (let's assume it's the left flipper) and that's the flipper knob you hit hard first, followed by the right one about 1/10 sec later. What happens is that you bang the whole playfield first from left to right and with your 2nd slap from right to left. The ball however continues on it's trajectory almost uninfluenced bc the moving playfield and the ball are both very smooth / slick (imagine like ice). That action enables the tip of the right flipper to reach a part of the ball and kick it slightly upwards but almost parallel to the right while the right flipper comes and completes the rescue by kicking the ball upwards - back into play.

The slap save (double power bang flip) only works when you hit the buttons and the cabinet at high speed. It's nature is not follow-through but extremely short hits comparable to karate style. In order to be that fast you need your fingers / hands to accelerate for quite a while. When executed to perfection it's probably the most satisfying pinball skill there is as you actively turn your fate around in the game.

pasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#28 4 years ago

If you dont want negative comments, dont put it out in the public. Comes with the territory.

#29 4 years ago

Dude.... Have you ever read Youtube comments? Its like the cesspool of the internet. Nothing to even consider or get worked up over. I'm pretty sure Herpes, Syphilis, The CLAP, FLU, and the Bud Light Virus originated from Youtube comments. Its a foul place!

#30 4 years ago

I've never even thought to read comments on any videos I've posted to Youtube. I just don't give a shit what anyone thinks of a video I posted, so I never think to go back to my videos to read them. I post a video and that's that, I don't look back.

You could also disable comments.

#31 4 years ago

My advice would be to continue to escalate this until someone threatens legal action for "libel" or you start getting crazy threatening phone calls at work.

#32 4 years ago

I wonder what Backgammon Player's Pinside name is.

#33 4 years ago

I wonder why we all aren't leaving offensive comments on this video now.

#34 4 years ago

I have 3 pins, but I don't recall having to "install" any of them. I also put sliders under mine, so I can easily "re-install" in a different location a few inches away when I need to work on them.

BTW, if you haven't figured out yet that people make negative comments on social media platforms (including this one), you're in for a rude awakening.

#35 4 years ago

What if this is just a crazy effort to drive views to a shitty video? Might as well make my comment follow the natural progression of Pinside threads.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

If you dont want negative comments, dont put it out in the public. Comes with the territory.

Or an alternate solution: Disable/turn off video comments.

#37 4 years ago

The inter webs are full of pricks. It’s not right for this prick to post this. But also you should be aware the inter webs are full of pricks and some prick will always post some prick reply to your post. It’s a sad fact of modern times.

#38 4 years ago

Paraphrasing Rumi here "If every rub irritates you, how will you ever get polished? "

I was expecting some sexist or racist slurs posted on a pinball channel for children stricken with cancer. Instead, a guy who plays backgammon who thinks the pin is too close to a wall. Woe is me.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Or an alternate solution: Disable/turn off video comments.

Im not a youtuber, so didnt know that was an option. But yes, thats certainly the way to go!

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

[quoted image]

Is that a guy or girl? Never could figure it out.

#41 4 years ago

DennisDodel i think i just pissed myself... thank you for that.

VVS... bwahahhahahaaaaa

#42 4 years ago

Man some lady exploded on me at Whole Foods for trying a damn grape which was freaking sour so I didn’t want the bag. I told her mind her own business . Done and done .

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I mean what should we expect? A friend got a pinball machine and instead of sending the guy a text saying "cool" or "awesome, can't wait to play it", OP instead sets up a camera, films a video, edits it in movie maker, and then uploads it to Youtube (...and then probably has to direct said friend to said video, and in that time could've just shared his thoughts directly)

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man some lady exploded on me at Whole Foods for trying a damn grape which was freaking sour so I didn’t want the bag. I told her mind her own business . Done and done .

Its her business if she was going to buy the bag you were picking fruit from lol.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its her business if she was going to buy the bag you were picking fruit from lol.

This is true , I still didn’t wAnt it , not paying 7.00 for sour grapes
Lates

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This is true , I still didn’t wAnt it , not paying 7.00 for sour grapes
Lates

Did you threaten to beat her up, or is that just a Pinside thing?

#47 4 years ago

This chump went from low rate troll to a fucking legend; flipper knobs, double power bang flips, I love this guy.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

5. learn from the guy what his comment meant to him

Well done!
-mof

#49 4 years ago

Sums up this thread discussions pretty nicely

whiner (resized).jpgwhiner (resized).jpg
#50 4 years ago

For the record, backgammon is a fantastic game! This guy is just an asshole

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richland, MI
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-leave-a-prick-of-a-comment-on-a-family-pinball-youtube-video?hl=krustykramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.