(Topic ID: 263716)

Why leave a prick of a comment on a family pinball YouTube video?

By AckerApple

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coindork
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Was this comment out of line”

• Yes 4 votes
    8%
  • No 26 votes
    49%
  • Other (thinking too deep about this) 23 votes
    43%

(Multiple choice - 53 votes by 52 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6D1D0A86-8E38-4C6B-8FC2-869FB9FBDC1A (resized).png
77A272C4-8382-47E8-B02C-2E420BAEB0F4 (resized).jpeg
Card.jpg
download (resized).jpg
whiner (resized).jpg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
66b5bdfb1d186c08e27ed118915bce95cb5197c7 (resized).png
PoorComment (resized).png

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Some people suck.

#52 4 years ago

I just posted in my backgammon forum that you pinball guys are a bunch of assholes.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from LeChuck:

For the record, backgammon is a fantastic game! This guy is just an asshole

So your saying backgammon is fantastic, but for assholes?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from AckerApple:

I've disliked the know-it-alls in the pinball community before. Feeling it first hand today.
I posted a YouTube "congratulations" video to my friend Rob, who just recently bought Star Wars Stern Home pinball machine.

The video is obviously of low quality in that it was thrown together in Apple iMovie. It is even improperly formatted (vertical iPhone for widescreen video).
Why someone has to be a prick and leave such a comment, is beyond me. Why come throw salt on my plate, it won't make your life any brighter? Haven't you heard "mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy"?
I've seen worse, I feel for those who work in pinball and have to get comments like this weekly. Certainly not the first time a Mr. KnowItAll knew too much.
Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Fantasy:

"Hey man, what a nice gesture...you're a really good friend!"

Reality:

"So in the next video do you present him with a ring?!?!?"

Most of all, your reaction is telling. It's a very personal gesture towards your friend, and it's presented really graciously and warmly. But...people don't have the attachment to your bud that you do, so you see that in this guy's comment.

His comment was snippy for sure, but also offered some advice that made sense. Then you called him out in over the top fashion, and then he doubled down with really legitimate reasons as to his initial comment.

Coming on here, and making it even a bigger deal, and seeing how people are reacting, can only be more bruising.

So ideally, try to let emotion simmer down before acting, and also make a nice gesture like you one you made, visible to only the people that might value it.

#55 4 years ago

The real question is which posts in this thread will get a screen cap, arrows and an additional complaint thread?

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

double power bang flips, I love this guy.

I believe the proper response to that troll would have been... "I power banged your mother up against the wall last night" haha.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#57 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Sums up this thread discussions pretty nicely[quoted image]

Reminds me of one of my favorite greeting cards, ever.

Card.jpgCard.jpg
#58 4 years ago
Quoted from LeChuck:

For the record, backgammon is a fantastic game! This guy is just an asshole

Found backgammon players pinside...

Self deprecating dude isnt he

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

I'm pretty sure Herpes, Syphilis, The CLAP, FLU, and the Bud Light Virus originated from Youtube comments. Its a foul place!

Holy shit...this explains why I got them all the same day! I never put two and two together!

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Holy shit...this explains why I got them all the same day! I never put two and two together!

Better to just get them all out of the way at once anyway.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

So your saying backgammon is fantastic, but for assholes?

Two independent thoughts Although I can be an asshole sometimes .. hey, wait a second

Quoted from FYMF:

Found backgammon players pinside...
Self deprecating dude isnt he

Can't let some egghead on YouTube tarnish the fine reputation of a game thousands of years old. Maybe someone should release a backgammon-themed pin .. it could bring about the great backgammon revival! Or put everyone to sleep

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from LeChuck:

Two independent thoughts Although I can be an asshole sometimes .. hey, wait a second

Can't let some egghead on YouTube tarnish the fine reputation of a game thousands of years old. Maybe someone should release a backgammon-themed pin .. it could bring about the great backgammon revival! Or put everyone to sleep

You just made me Lechuckle

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

You just made me Lechuckle

He Letickled your funny bone!

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Maybe he is suggesting that you showcase the new Star Wars pinball so that both sides of the artwork can be seen? Otherwise I have no idea what that comment really means in reference to the video
...and you will get harsher comments on Pinside with your OP

Having a whare-house sized gameroom is a luxury most cannot afford. I WISH they could be arranged in a way that I could walk around. This is the result of an ingorant person who not afraid to type what is in its mind. But at the end of the day, if this is enough to piss in your corn-flakes, remember that there are far more hate-ful things on the interweb.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is that a guy or girl? Never could figure it out.

no one else can figure out this huge mystery either?

#66 4 years ago

I realize I'm no Columbo, but I just can't get this one question out of my mind.

Quoted from mof:

How did a backgammon player find your video so fast?

If a tree falls in the woods, how does a backgammon player hear it?

#67 4 years ago

Good move coming to Pinside to complain about people trolling you! Out of the frying pan into the fire.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

a whare-house sized gameroom

I had to read that about 4 times before I read it the way it was intended.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

I had to read that about 4 times before I read it the way it was intended.

I dont understand. Wear whir you previously?

#70 4 years ago

wow, I thought my 11 yr old got her feelings hurt easy.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I realize I'm no Columbo, but I just can't get this one question out of my mind.

If a tree falls in the woods, how does a backgammon player hear it?

By getting the bear off! Ha! Backgammon jokes are always a hit at bars (yes that's two backgammon jokes in one post - where will the madness end?)

#72 4 years ago

2 things.

1, if you had $86,400 and someone took $10 from you would you throw more money at them to get the $10 back? Because you have 86,400 seconds in a day and this guy ruined 10 seconds of your day. Why waste more time on them. Just move on with your life.

2, this is the problem with our social media generation. Everyone thinks their opinion matters on every subject. You don’t need to comment on everything, most of the time your opinion doesn’t matter to the original content curator. If you see a comment that bothers you...refer to point #1

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Everyone thinks their opinion matters on every subject.

But this is oPINionside, where opinions and feelings are more relevant than facts

#74 4 years ago

Mate , the guy was just making a light-hearted joke , if you're truly offended by this , the internet isn't the place for you . I'm trying to think what is funnier this or the guy wanting 25K for his Rick and Morty , and don't be offended by my comments they're meant to be a light hearted Joke as well , just so you know .

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Really? That's the comment that was bad enough for you to screencap, draw arrows, caption it, and start a thread? First day on the internet?

6D1D0A86-8E38-4C6B-8FC2-869FB9FBDC1A (resized).png6D1D0A86-8E38-4C6B-8FC2-869FB9FBDC1A (resized).png77A272C4-8382-47E8-B02C-2E420BAEB0F4 (resized).jpeg77A272C4-8382-47E8-B02C-2E420BAEB0F4 (resized).jpeg
#76 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

But this is oPINionside, where opinions and feelings are more relevant than facts

Opinions are like orgasms I only care about mine; in fact I don’t even care if you have one.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Opinions are like orgasms I only care about mine; in fact I don’t even care if you have one.

And how does your wife feel about this?

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

And how does your wife feel about this?

I’m guessing she feels nothing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-leave-a-prick-of-a-comment-on-a-family-pinball-youtube-video/page/2?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.