Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by J85M
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    charger (resized).jpg
    20170418_072813 (resized).jpg
    screen-capture-16 (resized).png
    old-man-2 (resized).jpg
    RoadWarrior_078Pyxurz (resized).jpg
    road-warrior-mad-max-2-billboard (resized).jpg
    mad-max-road-warrior-blu-ray (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1791 (resized).JPG
    jared-pinside (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

I think based on the box office numbers FAST 8 is set to do that a pin will be incoming it's currently projected to eclipse The Force Awakens opening weekend that's no slouch, it's officially billion dollar licence.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

They were supposed to make one then Paul died in that same time frame.

Really? Never heard this, could you elaborate a little?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Just a guess here but I think it's the family thing. No matter what happens the characters show love for each other. They care about each other and the audience becomes attached to the characters themselves. It usually never effected me much when a movie state died but when PAul Walker died I truly felt a loss.

IMG_1791 (resized).JPGIMG_1791 (resized).JPG

#46 6 years ago

After Fast 8 opening weekend it looks like like my WOF/F&F re-theme can go on hold for a while. Cmon Stern, JJP, Heighway someone get this made asap!

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

$532 million opening weekend box office take might just be too big for pinball.
    Or maybe the pop culture phenomenon of the 21st century may be too big for the comprehension of pinside.

Vin has a lot of say what happens with the Fast franchise and its marketing and licensing (he's got enough control to potentially axe The Rock from the franchise and all but stop Universals plans for a Rock/Statham Spin off) and the fact he's a massive gamer could work in the favour of whoever approaches to make a Fast pin.

#56 6 years ago

Fast and Furious would out pace Mad Max on route, licences need to be looked at a little further than just the realms of Pinside, the hobby at some point needs to pull in younger audiences and tempt them into the hobby.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I know its a popular modern theme but I doubt to many of the people who watch this series play pinball

I'm talking on a large scale, we are geeks and freaks not meat heads and guys who wear their pants in a style where it looks like they are falling down all the time with side ways hats and trap music.

Speak for yourself I love these films and there's plenty of us "meat heads" as you put it that are geeks

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I do speak for myself while I'm by myself and sometimes I play with myself but that's for a different thread, Meat Geeks? oh man. if you like the films then I like that, to each his own, its JMO.

Haha meat geeks

I know quite a few guys who don't own pins but like to play casually at local bars, the owner of the meat head" gym and good friend of mine here has a pin TWD in his reception, I know for a fact he would buy a couple one for the gym and one for his place.

There are other people I know who are not in the hobby at all that would buy into F&F, I have 3 good friends who are local garage owners and tuning shops and they would jump on F&F again for their receptions, Donnie who owners the tuning/performance garage has an arcade racer in his reception.

I just think with so many pins coming out these days themes need to be and can more varied while keeping everyone happy. We need the themes to keep the older generations in the hobby interested but also there are plenty of us younger members who want themes relevant to us, but we also need themes to pull in new blood otherwise give it another ten-twenty years and pinball will dry up again.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from davideokills:

I haven't watched any of the series in years but I did help make cars fly out of a parking garage into the street. Now that I think about it that would be a cool multiball start.

That was a very cool stunt/effect/scene great work and well done for that and it would make an awesome multi ball start!

There are so many scenes from F&F that would make great pinball modes and work well with the visual and audio assets from the films.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

I have a pinsound in my Getaway and have been thinking about a F&F retheme. Was even toying with going all out with a P-Roc and Mission Pinball. The framework looks easy enough (software developer by day) to work with. I am just not sure I have the time.

I've been looking at re-theming a WOF into a F&F pin, re work the playfield slightly add another ramp, LCD, now Fast 8 has just blown box office records I'm still going to work on a re-theme but take it slow incase Stern/Heighway/JJP does a licenced F&F.

JJP would make an amazing Fast pin!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-isnt-there-a-fast-and-furious-pin?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.