Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by J85M
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    charger (resized).jpg
    20170418_072813 (resized).jpg
    screen-capture-16 (resized).png
    old-man-2 (resized).jpg
    RoadWarrior_078Pyxurz (resized).jpg
    road-warrior-mad-max-2-billboard (resized).jpg
    mad-max-road-warrior-blu-ray (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1791 (resized).JPG
    jared-pinside (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bagajellydonuts.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 7 years ago

There's an old story that has never been confirmed that Steve McQueen first went to Chevy for a Camaro rather than a Mustang but somebody at GM "thought" having one of their cars involved in a dangerous chase scene would be bad publicity. With that "perspective" in mind, I understand why companies want to control an image. But also with that perspective, it is always confusing that so many themes when a pinball or game manufacturer is involved end up being thought as a means to gouge the the builder. Let's face it, Stern, Jersey Jack or the others do make money but it really isn't much in comparison to some of the themes. F & F cleared a half billion over a weekend. A well done pinball, not a video or arcade, would make money for the theme. Yet I'm guessing, some "wizard" involved in the license would look at how much they could charge here and now, not what the following will do years from now. Rod Serling's license owners aren't hurting at all from having that game out there and I have little doubt the pin helps in some circles for a younger generation to become more curious about the stories or reruns.

IOW, in a long drawn out rant, yes a F&F pin if done creatively and with a high level of "finish" shouldn't involve outrageous amounts of license fees. But that's long term thinking. There's very little of that these days. But that's just my opinion.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bagajellydonuts.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-isnt-there-a-fast-and-furious-pin?tu=bagajellydonuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.