2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JonM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    charger (resized).jpg
    20170418_072813 (resized).jpg
    screen-capture-16 (resized).png
    old-man-2 (resized).jpg
    RoadWarrior_078Pyxurz (resized).jpg
    road-warrior-mad-max-2-billboard (resized).jpg
    mad-max-road-warrior-blu-ray (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1791 (resized).JPG
    jared-pinside (resized).png

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I do think it's funny that if all the old man games, you broke down and bought hands down the absolute worst one. Nice goin!

It's gone, just like the last one. I'm sticking to my guns from now on. Either make something relevant to now, or my collection will remain a history lesson to when pinball and it's themes were cutting edge. I do have a Stars on the way though.

#52 2 years ago

There's an old story that has never been confirmed that Steve McQueen first went to Chevy for a Camaro rather than a Mustang but somebody at GM "thought" having one of their cars involved in a dangerous chase scene would be bad publicity. With that "perspective" in mind, I understand why companies want to control an image. But also with that perspective, it is always confusing that so many themes when a pinball or game manufacturer is involved end up being thought as a means to gouge the the builder. Let's face it, Stern, Jersey Jack or the others do make money but it really isn't much in comparison to some of the themes. F & F cleared a half billion over a weekend. A well done pinball, not a video or arcade, would make money for the theme. Yet I'm guessing, some "wizard" involved in the license would look at how much they could charge here and now, not what the following will do years from now. Rod Serling's license owners aren't hurting at all from having that game out there and I have little doubt the pin helps in some circles for a younger generation to become more curious about the stories or reruns.

IOW, in a long drawn out rant, yes a F&F pin if done creatively and with a high level of "finish" shouldn't involve outrageous amounts of license fees. But that's long term thinking. There's very little of that these days. But that's just my opinion.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's gone, just like the last one. I'm sticking to my guns from now on. Either make something relevant to now, or my collection will remain a history lesson to when pinball and it's themes were cutting edge. I do have a Stars on the way though.

Stern Stars 3000 would be a must buy!

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

$532 million opening weekend box office take might just be too big for pinball.
    Or maybe the pop culture phenomenon of the 21st century may be too big for the comprehension of pinside.

or because the theme sucks I know its a popular modern theme but I doubt to many of the people who watch this series play pinball, ok I know 10 or 20 of you will post pictures of ur cars now and rims but please don't. I'm talking on a large scale, we are geeks and freaks not meat heads and guys who wear their pants in a style where it looks like they are falling down all the time with side ways hats and trap music, come on. I tried to watch one of these films but quickly became ill. I'm thinking a much better car based theme would be I don't know, this..........Oh Yeah

mad-max-road-warrior-blu-ray (resized).jpg

road-warrior-mad-max-2-billboard (resized).jpg

RoadWarrior_078Pyxurz (resized).jpg

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

we are geeks and freaks not meat heads and guys who wear their pants in a style where it looks like they are falling down all the time with side ways hats and trap music, come on

Speak for yourself, sonny boy!

old-man-2 (resized).jpg

#56 2 years ago

Fast and Furious would out pace Mad Max on route, licences need to be looked at a little further than just the realms of Pinside, the hobby at some point needs to pull in younger audiences and tempt them into the hobby.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I know its a popular modern theme but I doubt to many of the people who watch this series play pinball

I'm talking on a large scale, we are geeks and freaks not meat heads and guys who wear their pants in a style where it looks like they are falling down all the time with side ways hats and trap music.

Speak for yourself I love these films and there's plenty of us "meat heads" as you put it that are geeks

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Speak for yourself I love these films and there's plenty of us "meat heads" as you put it that are geeks

I do speak for myself while I'm by myself and sometimes I play with myself but that's for a different thread, Meat Geeks? oh man. if you like the films then I like that, to each his own, its JMO.

#58 2 years ago

You see hazoff, it is probably for the most part a different kind of person that was actually playing pinball when all these old movies were new than what most of pinside represents now.

Instead of ordering up dream themes from the past and having them delivered to our doors, we hung out with unruly crowds in smoky arcades and bars cutting our teeth on the latest and greatest pinball games. Not being spoon fed by our mamas.

#59 2 years ago

I feel like after high speed one and high speed 2 there will never need to be a car theme pin again...ff in my opinion I love the movies but wouldn't buy a pin..

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I do speak for myself while I'm by myself and sometimes I play with myself but that's for a different thread, Meat Geeks? oh man. if you like the films then I like that, to each his own, its JMO.

Haha meat geeks

I know quite a few guys who don't own pins but like to play casually at local bars, the owner of the meat head" gym and good friend of mine here has a pin TWD in his reception, I know for a fact he would buy a couple one for the gym and one for his place.

There are other people I know who are not in the hobby at all that would buy into F&F, I have 3 good friends who are local garage owners and tuning shops and they would jump on F&F again for their receptions, Donnie who owners the tuning/performance garage has an arcade racer in his reception.

I just think with so many pins coming out these days themes need to be and can more varied while keeping everyone happy. We need the themes to keep the older generations in the hobby interested but also there are plenty of us younger members who want themes relevant to us, but we also need themes to pull in new blood otherwise give it another ten-twenty years and pinball will dry up again.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I just think with so many pins coming out these days themes need to be and can more varied while keeping everyone happy. We need the themes to keep the older generations in the hobby interested but also there are plenty of us younger members who want themes relevant to us, but we also need themes to pull in new blood otherwise give it another ten-twenty years and pinball will dry up again.

I agree, listen theres really only one theme currently in the works that I like and thats Aliens, I'm not getting much new or old theme wise and most likely never will, I hope someone makes F and F for all the pinheads that are fans. and then a Slayer or Mad Max for me, Lord Humongus LE sounds nice. Deadpool would be something new that I could get behind and I really liked Guardians of the Galaxy then there's many video game franchises that would make great pins but it is what it is. I think pinball is living on borrowed time anyway.

#62 2 years ago

FnF has a great following, just check out the amount of like on facebook with 61 million likes and car guys like to spend alot on the cars so have cash behind them

screen-capture-16 (resized).png

#63 2 years ago

Deadpool would be something new that I could get behind.

Deadpool in my opinion would have made a great pin but now that they are making him gay I refuse to see the movie. Watch out, he may "get your behind".

#64 2 years ago

If they could put someone like Keanu Reeves' mug on not just one pinball machine, then certainly Vin Diesel would fit right in.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Rumor has it a new Star Wars machine will have some kind of supercharger device. I hope it's not too late to scrap that outdated theme and redo it as Fast and Furious myself.

Damn, I have to quote because the system won't let me up vote. This was funny. BTW, would love both themes.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I know its a popular modern theme but I doubt to many of the people who watch this series play pinball, ok I know 10 or 20 of you will post pictures of ur cars now and rims but please don't. I'm talking on a large scale....

Is 16 years from the first movie still make it a popular modern then? No, it's been around a long time...(fill in long time jokes).

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These fast movies are absolutely terrible.

I haven't seen the latest two, but I have something to look forward to. The first four are now all classics in their own right. Watch Fast Five and your mind will be officially blown. Wasn't there a sixth one too?

#68 2 years ago

they are all good, and unrealistic in ways but that is the fun of it, the last few have been great, itching to see number 8

#69 2 years ago

If people have any problem with the realism or lack there of in this series, then maybe they should take a look at some of the other games in their lineup.

#70 2 years ago

You got me excited to see the movie. I haven't watched any of the series in years but I did help make cars fly out of a parking garage into the street. Now that I think about it that would be a cool multiball start.

20170418_072813 (resized).jpg

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from davideokills:

I haven't watched any of the series in years but I did help make cars fly out of a parking garage into the street. Now that I think about it that would be a cool multiball start.

That was a very cool stunt/effect/scene great work and well done for that and it would make an awesome multi ball start!

There are so many scenes from F&F that would make great pinball modes and work well with the visual and audio assets from the films.

#72 2 years ago

To hell with the movies, just make a Dodge Charger pin...

charger (resized).jpg

#73 2 years ago

I'm not really a car guy but damn,

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#74 2 years ago

There was a crew that just managed the prop cars and they were amazing. They could basically build a car overnight. A car could be totaled in a scene and the next day it would be back on set looking like it came from the showroom.

#75 2 years ago

Went to the movie tonight and was fully impressed. Sure the movie was blah and it was completely unrealistic, but who cares?? It was entertaining and the intro music kicks ass. Just went back and listened to the first movie when Paul Walker hammered it at the start, that's the music that gets me pumped to play pinball. This movie had it too.

Id buy one for sure and based on the global appeal and wide variety of cars included, Id be shocked if this doesn't happen.

#77 2 years ago

I have a pinsound in my Getaway and have been thinking about a F&F retheme. Was even toying with going all out with a P-Roc and Mission Pinball. The framework looks easy enough (software developer by day) to work with. I am just not sure I have the time.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

I have a pinsound in my Getaway and have been thinking about a F&F retheme. Was even toying with going all out with a P-Roc and Mission Pinball. The framework looks easy enough (software developer by day) to work with. I am just not sure I have the time.

I've been looking at re-theming a WOF into a F&F pin, re work the playfield slightly add another ramp, LCD, now Fast 8 has just blown box office records I'm still going to work on a re-theme but take it slow incase Stern/Heighway/JJP does a licenced F&F.

JJP would make an amazing Fast pin!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8.95
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 25.00
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 218.00
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 24.00
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside