2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JonM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    charger (resized).jpg
    20170418_072813 (resized).jpg
    screen-capture-16 (resized).png
    old-man-2 (resized).jpg
    RoadWarrior_078Pyxurz (resized).jpg
    road-warrior-mad-max-2-billboard (resized).jpg
    mad-max-road-warrior-blu-ray (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1791 (resized).JPG
    jared-pinside (resized).png

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

I just saw Fate of the Furious and it was a great totally senseless unrealistic action movie. All of them are. With eight movies to pull from I think it would make a great pin

#2 2 years ago

They were supposed to make one then Paul died in that same time frame.

#3 2 years ago

I think based on the box office numbers FAST 8 is set to do that a pin will be incoming it's currently projected to eclipse The Force Awakens opening weekend that's no slouch, it's officially billion dollar licence.

#4 2 years ago

If they made one, I'd get one for sure

#5 2 years ago

I feel like this is a perfect pin for that dude Jared, what ever happened to him ?

jared-pinside (resized).png

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

They were supposed to make one then Paul died in that same time frame.

Really? Never heard this, could you elaborate a little?

#7 2 years ago

I was shocked they did Mustang over FF franchise. FF arcade racer is very popular, no reason to think the pin wouldn't be.

#8 2 years ago

I would certainly
    Save my pennies and buy one one HUO that didn't have ghoste inserts or the clear coming off or the cab falling apart and the code is somewhat complete

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I would certainly
    Save my pennies and buy one .....

I think I see what you did there....

She's real fine, my 4-0-9 / She's real fine, my 4-0-9 / My 4--0--9 / Well, I SAVED MY PENNIES AND I SAVED MY DIMES (Giddyup, giddyup, 4-0-9)

#11 2 years ago

Just a guess here but I think it's the family thing. No matter what happens the characters show love for each other. They care about each other and the audience becomes attached to the characters themselves. It usually never effected me much when a movie state died but when PAul Walker died I truly felt a loss.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was shocked they did Mustang over FF franchise.

Ford was instrumental in having that particular game made.

LTG : )

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Just a guess here but I think it's the family thing. No matter what happens the characters show love for each other. They care about each other and the audience becomes attached to the characters themselves. It usually never effected me much when a movie state died but when PAul Walker died I truly felt a loss.

I was actually wrong which is why I deleted my post but most of the entire series has above a "7" rating. Don't see that often especially with multiple movies in a series. If anything, the ratings keep getting better as the first two were the lowest rated.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

IMG_1791 (resized).JPG

#15 2 years ago

Good way to end the weeekend Jon M thanks!

#16 2 years ago

I'm not a big fan of the series. I loved the first one when I was in high school along with Gone in 60 Seconds. Then I think the first one with The Rock was decent. Was that Fast Five? I couldn't make it through the last two and I have no intention of watching 8.

Pins based on cars or racing mostly are blah for me and I like old cars.

I'm not sure how a pin could be good. What kind of art would it have? Probably photoshop. Who would design it? Ritchie might be a good choice. He could put shades of High Speed and No Fear in it. Music? Probably house music but if it had a hip hop based soundtrack I might be interested.

#17 2 years ago

Im not a fan of the franchise at all, but i could totally see a pin with this theme. Was also wondering if theres ever been real talk about a planet of the apes pin?

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fearthejuggalo2:

Im not a fan of the franchise at all, but i could totally see a pin with this theme. Was also wondering if theres ever been real talk about a planet of the apes pin?

Based on the new one or old one? If it was the old one I'd expect a bash toy that every time you hit it Heston shouts, "DAMN, DIRTY APE!"

#19 2 years ago

I despise all things rap or hip hop or even today's pop music but if they did a F&F pin it would only be fitting to add music from the movies.

#20 2 years ago

If enough of you prepay for it I'm sure it would be built and released before ff10 comes out

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I feel the same about Paul Walker, what a shame. I first thought he was a terrible actor, but after awhile he really grew on you, like family, as you state. Another hyper Porcine took out a star. Too bad this time it wasn't an improbable encoumnter with another car in the middle of nowhere, but a big contributing factor was as simple as 10 yr old tires.

Added over 3 years ago: Meant Porsche; not Porcine. Stupid autocorrect. Also, why can't someone change spelling F ups the next day now?

#22 2 years ago

As crazy as the stunts were and as in believable as this movie was I don't think they can top this one. I of course knew they the movie would be that way but this one topped them all in crazy stunts and and crazy story line. But isn't that why we watch these movies?

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Ford was instrumental in having that particular game made.

Such was what many said, it's a shame the game did not end up on the showroom floor of each dealer. Would have been awesome.

I still think it could be rethemed to FF. Probably dated now with Stern changing displays and what not but Mustang was a cool game with a cool layout. It had potential.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I feel the same about Paul Walker.,what a shame. I first thought he was a terrible actor, but after awhile he really grew on you, like family, as you state. Another hyper Porcine took out a star. Too bad this time it wasn't an improbable encoumnter with another car in the middle of nowhere, but a big contributing factor was as simple as 10 yr old tires.

Paul Walker was a good guy. He did a lot to help people and he gave back. Tom
    Hiddleston is another actor who is a great guy.

#25 2 years ago

On the way to see it right now with my kids.

James you have been officially put on the Stern ban list. No Fast pin for you

#26 2 years ago

Don't worry buddy. It would be HUO not NIB. Let me know how you like the movie.

#27 2 years ago

would love a FnF pinball

#28 2 years ago

Fast and Furious is a dream theme of mine! Each one comes with a Corona cup holder on the side.

#29 2 years ago

A FF pin would be a good reason for Ritchie to re-introduce the Supercharger in a brand new fashion. Also, plenty of steep ramps with wide gaps to simulate death-defying jumps. The center inserts could be a large tire rim, with the hole/spoke/lug nut designs representing modes. The center axis would be wizard mode. Something like this:

image (resized).jpeg

#30 2 years ago

I'm always surprised for the enthusiasm for this one when it comes up.

Doesn't it skew a little too young for the pinball crowd? And car themes usually stink up the joint in pinball, High Speeds excepted.

#31 2 years ago

I have no doubt that It'll eventually happen. The latest film just broke international box office records. It's just a matter of time before someone, most likely Stern, picks it up.

P.S. I haven't seen a minute of any of the films.

#32 2 years ago

The licensing was fun for us at Raw Thrills since we had to get a separate license for each car we wanted to use in the game.

For the size of our budget it was fine but might be challenging on the pinball side of things.

#33 2 years ago

100.2 million opening weekend. Biggest of all time. Come on Stern let's see if you can do it justice.

#34 2 years ago

They'll never get the car companies to sign off on it unfortunately

#35 2 years ago

I loved the movie. So did my kids

2019 is the next installment, then 2021

Stern has probably already locked it up or is in the process

Slam dunk this one is happening

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

The licensing was fun for us at Raw Thrills since we had to get a separate license for each car we wanted to use in the game.

Just use generic cars and one or two hero cars.

Anyway, FaF doesn't pass the "would a 50-year-old man baby buy this" smell test.

#37 2 years ago

Why no Fast and Furious pinball machine? Because it is not an old and out dated theme from prior to the 21st century.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Just use generic cars and one or two hero cars.
    Anyway, FaF doesn't pass the "would a 50-year-old man baby buy this" smell test.

Excuse me, I resemble that remark and this old man baby would likey!

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And car themes usually stink up the joint in pinball, High Speeds excepted.

I had never thought about this before but I share your sentiment now.
    It appears racing games are exclusively Steve Ritchie's territory.
    He sure would deliver a fine TFATF game but I would prefer if he did a HS III instead.

#40 2 years ago

I would love a FF pinball.

I'd like to see it not go the route of BM66 with an overpriced SLE and underdeveloped beta code when it ships though.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

I would love a FF pinball.
    I'd like to see it not go the route of BM66 with an overpriced SLE and underdeveloped beta code when it ships though.

So, I guess not a STERN title. More than BM66 resemble this...... Sorry, could not resist.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

it's a shame the game did not end up on the showroom floor of each dealer.

It did at some. Every dealer would have been great !

LTG : )

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

A FF pin would be a good reason for Ritchie to re-introduce the Supercharger in a brand new fashion.

Rumor has it a new Star Wars machine will have some kind of supercharger device. I hope it's not too late to scrap that outdated theme and redo it as Fast and Furious myself.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I hope it's not too late to scrap that outdated theme and redo it as Fast and Furious myself.

Literally the most popular license in the world.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Literally the most popular license in the world.

Yep, and with the latest Fast 8, it just keeps getting more popular.

#46 2 years ago

After Fast 8 opening weekend it looks like like my WOF/F&F re-theme can go on hold for a while. Cmon Stern, JJP, Heighway someone get this made asap!

#47 2 years ago

$532 million opening weekend box office take might just be too big for pinball.

Or maybe the pop culture phenomenon of the 21st century may be too big for the comprehension of pinside.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

$532 million opening weekend box office take might just be too big for pinball.
    Or maybe the pop culture phenomenon of the 21st century may be too big for the comprehension of pinside.

Vin has a lot of say what happens with the Fast franchise and its marketing and licensing (he's got enough control to potentially axe The Rock from the franchise and all but stop Universals plans for a Rock/Statham Spin off) and the fact he's a massive gamer could work in the favour of whoever approaches to make a Fast pin.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Vin has a lot of say what happens with the Fast franchise and its marketing and licensing

And unfortunately as of late, pinside seems to have a lot to say about what pinball themes get made. Too bad it seems the majority are a bunch of middle age, overfed nerds living in the past.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And unfortunately as of late, pinside seems to have a lot to say about what pinball themes get made. Too bad it seems the majority are a bunch of middle age, overfed nerds living in the past.

I love your endless quest for fresh pinball themes but isn't there something a little more substantial you could throw your youthful enthusiasm behind? These fast movies are absolutely terrible. Do you really believe Stern is missing an opportunity here to make something fresh and forward thinking out of this hack franchise?

I do think it's funny that if all the old man games, you broke down and bought hands down the absolute worst one. Nice goin!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 88.00
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 29.00
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 87.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside