(Topic ID: 206307)

Do you think there should be more rock themed pins?

By mrossman5

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should there be more music pins?”

• Hell yes! 75 votes
      41%
    • No 110 votes
      59%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6ff454d4bcbeaa351b571f078a1684ba (resized).jpeg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    fonz-pinball-140 (resized).jpg
    5B058D36-4C52-4B4D-8056-A57B8CA42583 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    jerry-only (resized).jpg
    glenn-danzig-performance-vegas 28th (resized).jpg
    img_6988-copy-7690b630-4a93-4370-8d5e-69a4e4028a5c (resized).jpg
    b50a151187ff024594fbbf993b9a533754e5ed54 (resized).jpg
    iJ7-Gs3Y_400x400 (resized).jpg
    72375B3C-C245-4EB3-AC50-4437BD11BB7B (resized).png
    E1F7C817-BC21-421C-A7A2-AE520D4389D0 (resized).png
    BD0373FC-EA2D-42F7-8B5E-483918CEB995 (resized).png
    Misfits-1000x1000-768x768 (resized).jpg
    8577CA53-6B14-40F1-9F69-211B9F87C0FC (resized).jpeg

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Do you think there should be more rock and music pins instead of all these new movie and tv pins? What would you like to see?

#2 6 years ago

I would like to see an igneous or sedimentary themed pin. Long overdue.

#3 6 years ago

Please no more rock themed pins

#4 6 years ago

635747156114679004-Dwayne-Johnson (resized).png635747156114679004-Dwayne-Johnson (resized).png

#5 6 years ago

they need to go back to weather events as a theme
    twister, whirlwind,

classics

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Please no more rock themed pins

Yeah, I'm kind of tired of seeing rock themed pins from stern at this point. They should probably stick to other things for the time being. I want to see more engaging and immersive themes. Some of the rock pins were fun, but they don't really draw me in too much.

#7 6 years ago

Voted no --> Rock themes pins that are just based upon the band and music... no thanks.

But if they take the brand and tell an immersive story (like I expect Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle to be) then I'm open to it.

#8 6 years ago

Because they are running out of used to be popular, bargain basement rock band licenses to use?

That being said I would be all for a music pin not themed after a band I listened to shortly after sprouting pubes.

It doesn't have to be a brand new band, but one relevant to the 21st century like the Red Hot Chili Peppers or Muse would be just fine.

#9 6 years ago

How bout an Accept-Balls to the Wall pinball.
    License should be cheap.
    Id jump out a window before I played a Muse pinball machine. Sorry O- din.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Id jump out a window before I played a Muse pinball machine. Sorry O- din.

You wouldn't have to play it just like I don't have to play the current grandpa rock games.

I'd rather get a Chili Peppers game anyway. It could have a Flea toy that bounces up and down.

#11 6 years ago

There should be a linkin park one that will be frikin epic

#12 6 years ago

Or nirvana

#14 6 years ago

I'm chompin at the bit waiting on that new Sinatra pin out the end of 2018, should put all the boy bands to shame.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

I'm chompin at the bit waiting on that new Sinatra pin out the end of 2018, should put all the boy bands to shame.

My Way Multiball!

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It doesn't have to be a brand new band, but one relevant to the 21st century like the Red Hot Chili Peppers

RHCP are 35 years old

Give us a band from THIS century, not from 4 decades ago

"You know why I like pinball? Because it's filled with my grandpa's music." quote never heard at the arcade.

#18 6 years ago

Dear God, No.

#19 6 years ago

I'm surprised these two bands have not been a pinball theme: Rush and Iron Maiden... The best band theme would be a GWAR pinball machine...

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

"You know why I like pinball? Because it's filled with my grandpa's music." quote never heard at the arcade.

You might be surprised! I'm watching one of those Glastonbury 2013 concerts right now and they are all newer bands ripping it up with a huge crowd. People in the UK get it.

Except Smashing Pumpkins is an older band ripping it up.

#21 6 years ago

My question is, why doesn't Stern do "modern" and "old" rock versions of every game? For instance, why not release Aerosmith along with, say, Linkin Park? Just change the art package, music, and animations. Use the same layout and code. I like to play Aerosmith, but I am not old enough to want it in my home. People might complain that the are just making layout copies of games, but if it attracts two totally different customers, who cares?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

There should be a linkin park one that will be frikin epic

I would like to see a more modern rock themed pin like Linkin Park. But as history has shown, only Lyman knows how to do rock themed pins so if there are more coming, I hope it's him on code.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hypercoaster:

why not release Aerosmith along with, say, Linkin Park?

At least they got Aerosmith in time. The only other rock pin where the main dude had already died was Elvis. Cliff and Brian too.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

they need to go back to weather events as a theme
    twister, whirlwind,
    classics

They had a prime chance with Dialed In, and completely missed the chance.

It should have been part of Lawlers disaster pins ... EarthShaker, Whirlwind ....

Dialed In should have been “disaster city” or something .. most of the modes are disaster based. It’s obvious. The phone thing is ... dumb. Well, to me anyway ...

rd

#25 6 years ago

"Do you think there should be more rock and music pins. . ." Plenty have been made already. . . .NO! If you want to satiate your music pin kick play Rolling Stones.

#26 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind a gangsta style pin. Kind of like Snoop Dog meets Kingpin.

#27 6 years ago

Pinball and rock music goes hand in hand.

Bring it on.

rd

#28 6 years ago

Hell yes....music and pinball definitely go hand in hand....

#29 6 years ago

I think the music pins are coming out at a good pace right now. Everybody says I'll never own it based on the band, AC/DC, Metallica, etc, but how did that work out? Some great pinballs there. It's gonna be hard to find different bands that will work but there's still many that will work. Personally, I don't know why but I'd like to see a Creedence Clearwater Revival Pinball!

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Pinball and rock music goes hand in hand.
    Bring it on.
    rd

Don't worry, Dio should be announced the year after tomorrow or somewhere thereabouts.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Don't worry, Dio should be announced the year after tomorrow or somewhere thereabouts.

Shame he’s not around to see it ...

Dio would work nicely music wise. The rock stations I’ve been listening to on the road trip are consistently playing Holy Diver, Stand up and Shout and Rainbow in the Dark.

Too niche to be a money-spinner though.

Putting on my commercial hat (based on the USA being the largest market):

1/ Led zeppelin 70s theme (dragon pants!)
    2/ Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast
    3/ Sabbath - Ozzy era 70s theme
    4/ Slayer - or a Big 4 would be cool, but wouldn’t happen.

rd

#32 6 years ago

yeahhh, no thanks. aren't they already scraping the bottom of the barrel with fucking Aerosmith and KISS? it's not like there are any more embarrassingly pathetic dadrock bands than that.

i mean sure, i'd be all about rock pins if The Ramones, Minor Threat, Misfits, Propagandhi, Buzzcocks, or Copstabber were financially viable options. But i'm under no illusions that they are at all, sadly.

#33 6 years ago

Music pins rock....METELICA.......

#35 6 years ago

You guys don’t need to thumb down the question. Answer your response in the poll.

#36 6 years ago

We've still got several more rock pins to be produced over the next 10 years or so.
    (Judas Priest, Rush, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zep, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Molly Hatchet)

#37 6 years ago

The only rock band left that did not get a pin (and it's **only** 20 years old) is Rammstein

#38 6 years ago

RUN DMC

Quoted from mrossman5:Do you think there should be more rock and music pins instead of all these new movie and tv pins? What would you like to see?

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

RUN DMC or The Beastie Boys would be the only rap pinball . Todays rap stinks to high Heaven.

#40 6 years ago

How about a decade pin instead?
    Art work and toys reflect era, while music is a compilation of artists?

I like the idea of same layout, different band. Would keep costs viable, sort of.

I still think a classic tv pin would sell, but I'm old, so there you have it.

Beastie Boys would be a hit I'm pretty certain.

I can't see single band pins worth the cost anymore, but of course, the bubble on pins is popping soon anyway

#41 6 years ago

I like music pins, most of them are fun to play and they are good for location play. I wouldn't say that we need a higher volume of them though. One every year or so is probably plenty. It doesn't really matter what the theme is, pinside will hate it for some reason or another.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Foe shizzle my nizzle, now stick em up Charlie!

“Why isn’t there more rock themed pins?”

I think they are running out of sweaty old dudes to put on backglasses?

#43 6 years ago

I want a Roy Rogers or Gene Autry themed pin. Or a combo of the two.

Roy Rogers could sing "Happy Trails" when the ball drains. And Gene Autry could sing "Back in the Saddle (again)" every time a ball leaves the shooter lane

#44 6 years ago

I love music pins and they are great for growing the hobby.....a few I would love to see that I think would sell.

Led Zeppelin
    Ozzy
    Black Sabbath
    Monsters of Rock - Include Dio & Danzig and other bands not big enough to have their own pin.
    Rush
    Queen
    Beatles
    Iron Maiden
    Scorpions
    Van Halen
    Def Leppard
    The Who
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Linkin Park
    GNR redo
    Stones redo

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Are you serious?? That would be a dream!! Please don’t tell me Spooky will do it?

#46 6 years ago

“Why isn’t there more rock themed pins?”

Unless you mean Geology or Dwayne Johnson, I’m not sure there aren’t. In the last 5 or so years, There have been seven that I can think of without looking it up. It seems like a pretty big percentage of all the pins made are music licenses. JJP is speculated to be making a GnR and they have only made 4 pins in total.

From memory

Alice Cooper
    Rob Zombie
    Aerosmith
    KISS
    Metallica
    AC/DC
    The Rolling Stones

As for all the other bands suggested, I suspect they(Pinball companies) are following the demographics of the customers. After that, it’s probaly about who’s popular, affordable and to willing to license.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

it's not like there are any more embarrassingly pathetic dadrock bands than that

Nickelback?

#48 6 years ago

Rush
    Van Halen / Van Hagar
    Def Leppard
    Genesis
    Led Zeppelin

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Now that's IT!
    How about a rap pin?
    Or a hip-hop pin?
    Snoop or Salt-n-Peppa anyone?
    I wunda...

#50 6 years ago

freddie (resized).jpgfreddie (resized).jpg

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-isn%e2%80%99t-there-more-rock-themed-pins?hl=lord_of_the_pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.