(Topic ID: 206307)

Do you think there should be more rock themed pins?

By mrossman5

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should there be more music pins?”

• Hell yes! 75 votes
      41%
    • No 110 votes
      59%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6ff454d4bcbeaa351b571f078a1684ba (resized).jpeg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    fonz-pinball-140 (resized).jpg
    5B058D36-4C52-4B4D-8056-A57B8CA42583 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    jerry-only (resized).jpg
    glenn-danzig-performance-vegas 28th (resized).jpg
    img_6988-copy-7690b630-4a93-4370-8d5e-69a4e4028a5c (resized).jpg
    b50a151187ff024594fbbf993b9a533754e5ed54 (resized).jpg
    iJ7-Gs3Y_400x400 (resized).jpg
    72375B3C-C245-4EB3-AC50-4437BD11BB7B (resized).png
    E1F7C817-BC21-421C-A7A2-AE520D4389D0 (resized).png
    BD0373FC-EA2D-42F7-8B5E-483918CEB995 (resized).png
    Misfits-1000x1000-768x768 (resized).jpg
    8577CA53-6B14-40F1-9F69-211B9F87C0FC (resized).jpeg

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago

Only interested in one more, MEGADETH!!!!

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

we need a higher volume

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago

I would love a Led Zeppelin pinball the Hammer of the Gods have a floating Zeppelin a Dazed and Confused upper Playfield just the best rock band in history of Music in my opinion... I just got to ACDC premium vault all I can say is wow what a great game..

#54 6 years ago

What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    We make another grandpa rock pin!

I'm all about the grandpa rock myself, but enough pins already. I'd prefer good, original, unlicensed themes. Notgonnahappen, but I would prefer that.

#55 6 years ago

It’s tough to find a band that has more than a niche market that would be profitable. Many bands have only a few good songs and not all music goes well with pinball. And many are tired of old bands that we have heard for decades....The peak time for a Beatles, Zep, Rush, etc. pin has come and gone.

Now I like the idea of original themes with killer soundtracks from multiple artists....or allow people to add music they own....kind of create your own soundtrack if you will. I get that you can do that with Pinball Browser but people end up butchering games with songs that don’t match the theme/modes/multiball etc. This would allow people to put whatever music they want in a game.

For me personally I would be all over a Motörhead pin but again that is not new still a niche market. Would also enjoy a modern generic skate theme pin that I could make my own soundtrack....throw in some Suicidal, DK, JFA, Exploited, etc. Tons of possibilities with original/ generic themes to do this.

#56 6 years ago

pink Floyd would rock, giant interactive pigs on the playfield

#57 6 years ago

Here are your top touring bands of 2017

The full Top 20, in millions, includes: U2, $316; Guns N' Roses, $292.5; Coldplay, $238; Bruno Mars, $200.1; Metallica, $152.8; Depeche Mode, $141.1; Paul McCartney, $132; Ed Sheeran, $124.1; The Rolling Stones, $120; Garth Brooks, $101.4; Celine Dion. $101.2; Justin Bieber, $93.7; Roger Waters, $92.1; Bruce Springsteen, - $87.8; Lady Gaga, $85.7; Billy Joel, $82.3; The Weeknd, $80; Tim McGraw/Faith Hill - $79.3; Red Hot Chili Peppers, $73.5; Ariana Grande, $66.5.

Lots of old farts kicking ass yet. Stones made the list in just 14 dates while everyone else had mega tours.

#58 6 years ago

All I can say is If they made a Pink Floyd pin there would be a ton in mint condition because owners would be too stoned to play and only enjoy it for the laser light show that would have to be in the game .Definitely not for me....their music puts me to sleep....too slow for a fast modern pin.

#59 6 years ago

So it’s Gaga, Mars, and Swift Mr. Odin, take your pop pick from the 21st century.
    Man, miss 90s hip hop and 70s and early 90s rock.
    Guess I’m the perfect old fart pin demographic too.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love music pins and they are great for growing the hobby.....a few I would love to see that I think would sell.
    Led Zepplin
    Ozzy
    Black Sabbath
    Monsters of Rock - Include Dio & Danzig and other bands not big enough to have their own pin.
    Rush
    Queen
    Beatles
    Iron Maiden
    Scorpions
    Van Halen
    Def Leppard
    The Who
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Linkin Park
    GNR redo
    Stones redo

I have wanted a monsters of rock game for a long time, could be something similar to Jack Blacks game Brutal Legend.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

So it’s Gaga, Mars, and Swift Mr. Odin, take your pop pick from the 21st century.
    Man, miss 90s hip hop and 70s and early 90s rock.
    Guess I’m the perfect old fart pin demographic too.

RHCP could be good

#62 6 years ago

YOU WANTED THE BEST? WELL THEY COULDN'T F'N MAKE IT! SO HERE'S WHAT YOU GET... FROM HOLLYWOOD, GUNS N' ROSES! (By JJP plz)

Besides that, eh, music pins don't bother me, AC/DC, KISS, Metallica and Aerosmith are all pretty damn cool games.

#63 6 years ago

Isnt Iron Maiden next?

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

yeahhh, no thanks. aren't they already scraping the bottom of the barrel with fucking Aerosmith and KISS? it's not like there are any more embarrassingly pathetic dadrock bands than that.

(drops mic)

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Isnt Iron Maiden next?

Right after Jaws

#66 6 years ago

Public Enemy, Eric B and Rakim, LL Cool J...

Quoted from chad:

RUN DMC or The Beastie Boys would be the only rap pinball . Todays rap stinks to high Heaven.

#67 6 years ago

Relics of Rock will continue to be a popular theme for pins, for one reason. Its a safe theme from a business perspective with the venture almost guaranteed to be profitable. Like it or not, look for Stern (and others) to keep going to the well.

#68 6 years ago

5sos or imagine dragons one?

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Only interested in one more, MEGADETH!!!!

"There's a war inside my head"...

#70 6 years ago

So far, almost without exception music pins have been geared towards men whose musical tastes never progressed past the age of 16. No thanks.

#71 6 years ago

I would like to see a James Brown pin, or a Soul Funk oriented machine, Shaft could be a great theme for exemple. Why only Rock?

#72 6 years ago

“Aren’t”

You’re welcome.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

So far, almost without exception music pins have been geared towards men whose musical tastes never progressed past the age of 16. No thanks.

haha

#74 6 years ago

The only music pin I would buy, would be The Misfits. It would never happen, but the imagery and music would be intense. If only Glenn Danzig would agree to it.

#75 6 years ago

I'd like to see a 2 live crew pin myself...... just something filthy and degrading. Yeah. Lets do that!

#76 6 years ago

The best have already been done.

8577CA53-6B14-40F1-9F69-211B9F87C0FC (resized).jpeg8577CA53-6B14-40F1-9F69-211B9F87C0FC (resized).jpeg

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Yep know they'll start rounding out the rest like Winger.

Er sorry I mean Bon Jovi

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

The only music pin I would buy, would be The Misfits. It would never happen, but the imagery and music would be intense. If only Glenn Danzig would agree to it.

Danzig lost the rights to The Misfits back in the 80s; Doyle & Only received the rights to record/perform under that name.

The original Misfits did perform a few days ago in Vegas & LA, so maybe a 40th anniversary Misfits disc is in the works....

Misfits-1000x1000-768x768 (resized).jpgMisfits-1000x1000-768x768 (resized).jpg

(looks like Glen already had the videos taken down from last night's concert, lol)

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The only rock band left that did not get a pin (and it's **only** 20 years old) is Rammstein
    » YouTube video

Why this doesn't get anymore reaction is beyond me!
    Rammstein would be an interesting choice with lots of video to pull from there video clips which are mostly really cool and could work very well to fit into modes!

#80 6 years ago

Save 1-2 personal exceptions, I don’t want a pin themed after a single band. Even when I like 2-3 songs of some of the bands that have pins, I don’t care about going deep into their libraries. What I would LOVE is a general music-themed jukebox pin that would let me add my own playlist to it.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Save 1-2 personal exceptions, I don’t want a pin themed after a single band. Even when I like 2-3 songs of some of the bands that have pins, I don’t care about going deep into their libraries. What I would LOVE is a general music-themed jukebox pin that would let me add my own playlist to it.

This guy gets it.

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Danzig lost the rights to The Misfits back in the 80s; Doyle & Only received the rights to record/perform under that name.
    The original Misfits did perform a few days ago in Vegas & LA, so maybe a 40th anniversary Misfits disc is in the works....

i think that's a little bit backwards -- following the breakup in '83, Danzig held the rights to the Misfits and did everything he could to screw Doyle and Jerry Only out of royalties -- up to and including overdubbing their guitar parts on re-issues and unreleased material so they wouldn't get a cut.

then they sued each other for years, and eventually in about 1994 the members reached an out of court agreement -- Danzig and Only could both independently sell Misfits merch of any kind, and wouldn't have to pay royalties to the other, and Jerry Only and Doyle were allowed to perform and tour as "The Misfits" (in '94, Danzig didn't want any part of any Misfits reunion). Jerry proceeded to make a killing on Misfits merch (and probably a tidy sum on touring too), so Danzig being Danzig got mad and tried to sue him. the case got thrown out.

But now they're all best buds and going on tour again, and it's not at all a sad cash grab by a bunch of saggy, tired, litigious, balding old men.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

How about a decade pin instead?
    Art work and toys reflect era, while music is a compilation of artists?

I love this idea. Bring on the 80’s Hair Bands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BD0373FC-EA2D-42F7-8B5E-483918CEB995 (resized).pngBD0373FC-EA2D-42F7-8B5E-483918CEB995 (resized).png

E1F7C817-BC21-421C-A7A2-AE520D4389D0 (resized).pngE1F7C817-BC21-421C-A7A2-AE520D4389D0 (resized).png

72375B3C-C245-4EB3-AC50-4437BD11BB7B (resized).png72375B3C-C245-4EB3-AC50-4437BD11BB7B (resized).png

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

I love this idea. Bring on the 80’s Hair Bands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They could call it "Super Gay!"

It would be marketing genius, as there has not been a game made with "gay" in the title since 1971!

#85 6 years ago

There has been at least one rock pin every year since 2011 with the exception of 2014. 2018 you'll have one as well. So that's 7 rock pins in 8 years. I don't think there is a shortage of rock pins.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

They could call it "Super Gay!"
    It would be marketing genius, as there has not been a game made with "gay" in the title since 1971!

Its amazing how much endogeny was everywhere. And still people wonder why grunge came in with a hammer and took over. Don't get me wrong. I listen to Hair Nation everyday.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

We've still got several more rock pins to be produced over the next 10 years or so.
    (Judas Priest, Rush, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zep, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Molly Hatchet)

Megadeth, Van Halen or ZZ Top but I wouldn't mind anything in this list

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Not yet.

iJ7-Gs3Y_400x400 (resized).jpgiJ7-Gs3Y_400x400 (resized).jpg

#89 6 years ago

They can't make a Winger pin; she was only 17. Plus, the one designer that ummm, never mind.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bingovit:

Why this doesn't get anymore reaction is beyond me!
    Rammstein would be an interesting choice with lots of video to pull from there video clips which are mostly really cool and could work very well to fit into modes!

Rammstein is "only" 20 years old. They are much too heavy and young for Pinside.

...And they are the only metal band willing to whip it out for the fans and make a XXX music video

(NSFW)

https://www.redtube.com/838760

-

99% of the guys on Pinside only want bands that are 50+ years old.

They are looking for the true fossils of rock:

Beatles = 59 years old

The Who = 54 years old

Pink Floyd = 53 years old

Creedence Clearwater Revival = 51 years old

Led Zep = 50 years old

Black Sabbath = 50 years old

Rush = 50 years old

#91 6 years ago

Wait! I change my mind! I think there should be another rock pin! Air Supply..... Come on Man! OK Really! If your going to have another Rock Pin It should be a Head Banger! Quiet Riot! Bang Your Head! Bang it til ya Wake the Dead!

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

....... it's not at all a sad cash grab by a bunch of saggy, tired, litigious, balding old men.

Doyle is 54 years old and has a 30 year old girlfriend.

He don't look too saggy to me....

b50a151187ff024594fbbf993b9a533754e5ed54 (resized).jpgb50a151187ff024594fbbf993b9a533754e5ed54 (resized).jpg

-
    -

Jerry Only is even older at 59, he still looks solid for a grandpa:

img_6988-copy-7690b630-4a93-4370-8d5e-69a4e4028a5c (resized).jpgimg_6988-copy-7690b630-4a93-4370-8d5e-69a4e4028a5c (resized).jpg

-
    -
    Danzig, the oldest of all of them at 62, was still solid a few nights ago at the reunion too.

glenn-danzig-performance-vegas 28th (resized).jpgglenn-danzig-performance-vegas 28th (resized).jpg

#93 6 years ago

They should make a Kanye West pin. It could be a playfield full of bash toys. Kanye faces and Kardashian butts.

#94 6 years ago

Music will always be remembered more than boring movies of today, only movies and music from the past let’s say before the year 2000 and that’s being nice as could have cut off after 1998 or earlier if you know what I mean.

#95 6 years ago

It's not music, but what if someone made a Monty Python pinball? That would be a great theme with TONS of material to pull from, be family friendly, and a hell of a lot of fun!

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

They should make a Kanye West pin. It could be a playfield full of bash toys. Kanye faces and Kardashian butts.

The game would definately have a lean to the left.

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-up:

It's not music, but what if someone made a Monty Python pinball? That would be a great theme with TONS of material to pull from, be family friendly, and a hell of a lot of fun!

Always family friendly........

#98 6 years ago

Yeah, they really haven't explored the gamut of rock ballad pins.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

yeahhh, no thanks. aren't they already scraping the bottom of the barrel with fucking Aerosmith and KISS? it's not like there are any more embarrassingly pathetic dadrock bands than that.
    i mean sure, i'd be all about rock pins if The Ramones, Minor Threat, Misfits, Propagandhi, Buzzcocks, or Copstabber were financially viable options. But i'm under no illusions that they are at all, sadly.

KISS Pinball is so fun . I changed my mind after I bought one . KISS rock theme was logical due to 1979 Bally KISS .
    As far as dad bands Kiss was huge Iconic rock band . And a pioneer in metal . Ace Frehley can shred blood dripping from his fingernails .
    I really think a "The Beatles" Theme by Steve Richie would be a great 'Dad' as you say pinball Iconic Rock Band theme .
    KISS was great live .

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Doyle is 54 years old and has a 30 year old girlfriend.
    He don't look too saggy to me....

Jerry Only is even older at 59, he still looks solid for a grandpa:

Danzig, the oldest of all of them at 62, was still solid a few nights ago at the reunion too.

in another year or two, Jerry's devillock is gonna have to be made out of his back hair.

jerry-only (resized).jpgjerry-only (resized).jpg

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-isn%E2%80%99t-there-more-rock-themed-pins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.