(Topic ID: 38008)

Why is this photo worth $25K?

By BackFlipper

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vortex.jpg
    towardthelight.jpg
    download.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Price police: Please, please tell me why it's not.

Took this picture in my game room yesterday. Photo on wall is by Rodney Lough Jr. Can you tell what it is?

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Exploding Avengers pinball machine.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Horrible picture. I mean yours not the framed one I can't see

#4 11 years ago

Looks like you need some PDI glass...

#5 11 years ago

Need to square up on the pic or something, angle is to much

#6 11 years ago

Here is the photo without the machines. Pretty cool.

towardthelight.jpgtowardthelight.jpg

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mojojedi:

Looks like you need some PDI glass...

I got some from JJP, but the logo was HUGE in the corner of the picture.

#8 11 years ago

I honestly have no idea why that photo would be worth 25K.

#9 11 years ago

Are you talking about the photo or the value of the reflection?

#10 11 years ago

why would any photo be worth 25k? It wouldn't. Paintings are different as they arn't mass produced, but photos can be made by the 1000's. If you paid 25k for that photo, you may have overpaid. Just because you buy something for 25k, doesn't mean it's worth that. You might have been the sucker they were fishing for.

As for the reflection. I don't see 25k in there. Can't see condition of MM. So it might only be a 8k routed version, not a fully restored pimped out 15k version.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from cireone:

Are you talking about the photo or the value of the reflection?

Obviously the value of the reflection.

#12 11 years ago

looks like east of the teton range in Wyoming towards togwatee pass. that's mount moran on the right peak, the grand Teton is barely pictured on the far left . these people take pics of this area and sell them for thousands, kind of lame imo. nice photo you have there. if this pic is worth that much, it must be because the photographer got attacked by a pack of wolves an is dead? I this picture is worth 25g, I have at least 2 billion in my mind from driving this route over 500 times.

#13 11 years ago

YOU DO DRUGS DANNY?

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

looks like east of the teton range in Wyoming towards togwatee pass. that's mount moran on the right peak, the grand Teton is barely pictured on the far left . these people take pics of this area and sell them for thousands, kind of lame imo. nice photo you have there. if this pic is worth that much, it must be because the photographer got attacked by a pack of wolves an is dead? I this picture is worth 25g, I have at least 2 billion in my mind from driving this route over 500 times.

It's the reflection I am referring to.

PS- Thanks for the info. on it.

#15 11 years ago

The value of the 3 pins in the reflection is $25,000.

Do I get a prize?

rd.

#16 11 years ago

What a douche of a post

#17 11 years ago

note to self ..... Backflipper

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

It's the reflection I am referring to.

*Toot Toot* look at my games weeeeeeee!

#19 11 years ago

Backflipper should go buy a friend next

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from GOLFIN365:

What a douche of a post

It worked. I knew I could lure in some negativity. Is that the best you got?

#21 11 years ago

How much are you marking down Xmen in this price listing?

#22 11 years ago

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH yeah bru ski. You were fishing for negativity, not egg heads kissing your butt for making a wank of a topic.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from GOLFIN365:

YOU DO DRUGS DANNY?

"Every day".

"good"

#24 11 years ago

Yeah PHATCHIT , everyday sir haha.

#25 11 years ago

Sorry I only see about 23k.

MM=14k
    Avengers=6k
    Xmen LE=3k. (:

#26 11 years ago

Priceless. Meaning it has no value.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

MM=14k
    Avengers=6k
    Xmen LE=3k. (:

thats almost a thumbs down right there!

X-Men LE .... $10k by Xmas. Mark my words

rd

#28 11 years ago

doubt it, the game sucks hardcore. I couldnt' get rid of it fast enough. Once Avengers newness dies down, it might fall to a similar fate. 97% of them do. Only a very small % actually retains value. it's rare.

#29 11 years ago

Regardless why you posted it, that photo is stunning.

#32 11 years ago

I think BOTH pics are cool

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

MM=14k
    Avengers=6k
    Xmen LE=3k. (:

Awwww looks like from the thumbs down I got that Family Arcade is back from his Time Out in the corner...

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from GOLFIN365:

Backflipper should go buy a friend next

Everyone has an opinion, but your post kind of sets your mentality. I'm sure anything that you have or are thinking of posting is going to stun us all.
    Some of us donate to the site because we see the value from the help of others, some to have fun with friends and some(you) are on here because you have nothing better to do than spill bullshit.

#35 11 years ago

I believe negatives of Ansel Adams pics sold in the millions.

#36 11 years ago

It is funny, but I swear that was not my intention. I really thought the picture was pretty cool with the games reflecting off of it. The title was just a way to get the price police's attention. I enjoy reading their comments. They always give me a good laugh. I don't care what the games are worth. If you know me, you know I am not a show off. You won't find any pictures or video of my game room or basement on Pinside or anywhere else. Sorry if my title gave the wrong impression. It is definitely not the first time I said something stupid. Peace! Jim

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

I think BOTH pics are cool

Thanks. I think they are pretty cool too.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I believe negatives of Ansel Adams pics sold in the millions.

Sure, negatives yes. Once you have those, you can make the pictures.

#39 11 years ago

One more picture from Rodney. It's called Vortex.

vortex.jpgvortex.jpg

My dream is to take one great picture like that in my life.

#40 11 years ago

Jim > I met you and know your intention was not to flaunt your awesome collection.

I was just ribbing you with the meme in hopes that you would take it as a joke AND understand how it could easily be interpreted.

the reflection pic is very cool! How are you liking MM?

#41 11 years ago

nice lineup. welcome to "the club", lol.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Jim > I met you and know your intention was not to flaunt your awesome collection.
    I was just ribbing you with the meme in hopes that you would take it as a joke AND understand how it could easily be interpreted.
    the reflection pic is very cool! How are you liking MM?

I love the MM. I know I SHOULD put a rope around it and look at it, but pinball machines are meant to be played, and I am playing this one. The work Chris does is amazing. It actually makes you a better player. It sounds crazy, but it is true. I have put up 80,000,000 3 time since Saturday. I had never scored more than 50 Million on MM in 100's of games before. The game makes me feel like Bowen. Thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-this-photo-worth-25k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.