(Topic ID: 126599)

Why is there nothing for sale? Who's hoarding?

By bobWeir

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by metallik
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download.jpg
    Silverball 02.JPG
    Silverball 01.jpg
    SNow Derby 01.jpg
    00-tuck0[1].jpg
    lad5.jpg
    DSC00073.JPG
    DSC00038.JPG
    DSC00045.JPG
    DSC00043.JPG
    DSC00071.JPG
    Transporter 0.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_0333.JPG
    102_0252.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

On the topic of hoarding, I have a lot of games but they are all set up and played. I used to have some in storage but realized having games all wrapped up are pointless to me and others if they can't be played. I don't want to have things just for the sake of having them. One day it changed for me, and I sold them. But to each his own.

I'm evolving in my hobby. For my first few years of collecting, I had room for 6-8 games and no real work space. I've moved and am building a free standing building/game room with a dedicated work space. My buying is slowed way down. When I get built and setup I will have room for more games than I currently own and can make some decisions. Sell those that get less love, etc.

#169 8 years ago

Game of Thrones may get my attention but Star Wars is probably my next "Shut up and take my money" game. I have no idea if or when it will happen. I prefer a Stern license so at least it will come out soon after its announced.

I'm hopefull that JJP will break out of it's current model. They make an amazing product. I made my first hobbit payment in November 2012. I got a refund of $5500 in May of 2014. People are still waiting. I'm confident no one wants that kind of wait time to go away more than Jack himself.

Currently I'm wanting

AMH (ordered and shipping soon)
    BBB (a little hesitant due to the MMR)
    WNBJM (wife doesnt like it)

NIB games have been
    Spiderman (but got it in 2012 with complete code)
    ACDC Prem
    WoZ
    STLE

All of them were really exciting for me and I dont regret any of the purchases. Opening a NIB game is a real treat.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-nothing-for-sale-whos-hoarding?tu=nevus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.