(Topic ID: 100203)

Why is there not more discussion about TIMESHOCK?

By spfxted

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by akm
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

time shock (resized).jpg
    Physics.gif
    printing (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 2.32.15 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 2.32.07 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0EECB4AE-29A1-4759-974B-7322F8C6932C.gif
    Screenshot_20190920-003933_Instagram (resized).jpg
    2019-05-24 23_49_44-Fotos (resized).jpg
    TSplayfield (resized).png
    proxy (resized).jpg
    tsplayfieldvid (resized).jpg
    cunning-development-logo_8246.jpg
    Timeshock New Playfield (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure they're aiming at more than a sample run of machines ...

I honestly can't see this not being made now. They're so far in, and with TimeShock as the theme it'd be guaranteed sales. Even if the existing team choose not to proceed I'm sure there'd be numerous interested parties willing to buy the work and take it to production.

From what I can gather, though they're working directly with the rights holders and original developers, the latter don't want anything more shown until it's really ready to go. Hence no blogs or picture updates - they apparently do intend to start doing this as soon as they're allowed to.

I think Dutch Pinball Open is likely for a close to finished machine. Who builds it is the bigger question.

#182 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Jurgen certainly wants to do a "full production run", but unless this is shuffled up to someone who can actually do the work, the numbers are not going to support any higher than Spooky Pinball.
    I would not anticipate a production count to exceed 300.
    To my knowledge active outsourcing is not yet a major consideration.
    I would rather NOT have companies like Chicago Gaming do the production.

Whilst I doubt ARA have the space for a second pinball production line, I'm pretty sure there will be similarly equipped firms either in the low countries or across the border in Germany. I highly doubt they'd consider Chicago Gaming or Spooky. It'd be too hands off. I don't think it pays to have your entire design, creative and engineering team an ocean away from production facilities. That'd likely prove a nightmare.

By this stage they must have some plan for production, and at least some kind of tentative agreement with a firm to manufacture prototypes.

2 years later
    #292 5 years ago

Does anyone know if they're using a P3ROC / FAST controller?

2 months later
    #295 5 years ago

Wonder if it'll finally resurface at the DPO Expo this year ...

3 months later
    #300 5 years ago

Strangely, the photo of the mini light boards and under side of the pf got deleted from both FB and FlipperMarkt. Wonder why that was.

Re: Nordman, I assume he just would have done some consultancy work for them to help them work out some kinks they needed to get over. I doubt it would have been intended to be permanent, and certainly wouldn't have been full time, as the people working on this project do so on weekends.

1 week later
    #315 5 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

And they get there by means of a swing arm with a small magnet on the end. I always wondered if the whole thing was physically possible to produce.

Capcom Pinball Magic has magnetic delivery.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-not-more-discussion-about-timeshock?tu=rubberducks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.