(Topic ID: 100203)

Why is there not more discussion about TIMESHOCK?

By spfxted

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by akm
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

time shock (resized).jpg
    Physics.gif
    printing (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 2.32.15 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 2.32.07 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0EECB4AE-29A1-4759-974B-7322F8C6932C.gif
    Screenshot_20190920-003933_Instagram (resized).jpg
    2019-05-24 23_49_44-Fotos (resized).jpg
    TSplayfield (resized).png
    proxy (resized).jpg
    tsplayfieldvid (resized).jpg
    cunning-development-logo_8246.jpg
    Timeshock New Playfield (resized).jpg
    There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Strangely, the photo of the mini light boards and under side of the pf got deleted from both FB and FlipperMarkt. Wonder why that was.

It is still there on FB as a response to a visitor post.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #302 5 years ago

Is this pin still happening?
    I dont have facepoop

#303 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Is this pin still happening?
    I dont have facepoop

They say it is but there have been no significant updates.

#304 5 years ago

Was following this thread, game looks to be in an infinite loop.

Saddened.

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

They say it is but there have been no significant updates.

Weird

#306 5 years ago

What's with the shot lines on the middle of the playfield? Seems instead of trying to keep them parallel they should angle them to line them up with the flippers.

#307 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

What's with the shot lines on the middle of the playfield? Seems instead of trying to keep them parallel they should angle them to line them up with the flippers.

Hmm, I've played Timeshock! for years and never really thought about it.

TSplayfield (resized).pngTSplayfield (resized).png
    #308 5 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

Hmm, I've played Timeshock! for years and never really thought about it. [quoted image]

I'm not familiar with the game, but that's the first thing that catches my eye when looking at the playfield. That intersection of the "MAG" and "Lock Lite" just screws up the inserts. Probably too far a long in the process, but I'd try to display the "Lock Lite" in a different way and then adjust the shot lines.

EDIT: What is the function of the lane to the outside of the left outlane? Looks like that contraption move the balls into that vertical tube, I assume it's a physical ball lock. Is that correct?

#309 5 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

Hmm, I've played Timeshock! for years and never really thought about it. [quoted image]

Damn, what a beautiful game design, I don't know how a programmer came up with this, this is a design that would make Pat Lawler envious. I hope AP or Spooky picks this up.

PS: I think the crystal mech in the center was the one that gave them the most headache but I read that they had tweaked the design and solved the issue, it's like BM66 turntable without the clunkiness.

#310 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

What is the function of the lane to the outside of the left outlane? Looks like that contraption move the balls into that vertical tube, I assume it's a physical ball lock. Is that correct?

Exactly correct. The physical lock releases balls one at a time to that return lane.

#311 5 years ago

With the number of inserts pointing to each shot, you'd have placement problems and they'd look worse to the eye if they weren't placed parallel. The human brain prefers regular patterns.

#312 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Damn, what a beautiful game design, I don't know how a programmer came up with this, this is a design that would make Pat Lawler envious. I hope AP or Spooky picks this up.

If everything goes well, no other manufacturer has to pick it up. Time will tell.

#313 5 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

With the number of inserts pointing to each shot, you'd have placement problems and they'd look worse to the eye if they weren't placed parallel. The human brain prefers regular patterns.

Yeah, I think the only solution is to remove one set of inserts...displaying that information in a different way. I would remove the "lite lock" inserts.

#314 5 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

Exactly correct. The physical lock releases balls one at a time to that return lane.

And they get there by means of a swing arm with a small magnet on the end. I always wondered if the whole thing was physically possible to produce.

#315 5 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

And they get there by means of a swing arm with a small magnet on the end. I always wondered if the whole thing was physically possible to produce.

Capcom Pinball Magic has magnetic delivery.

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Capcom Pinball Magic has magnetic delivery.

So does WOZ

#317 5 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic does too.

#318 5 years ago

JM has a massive magnet so I'm discounting that. I'm not familiar with the WOZ magnet but Pinball Magic has the wand, right? I guess magnets don't have to be huge.

#319 5 years ago

I found a picture of the PM wand assembly, even that has 2 big solenoids at the end.

#320 5 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

JM has a massive magnet so I'm discounting that. I'm not familiar with the WOZ magnet but Pinball Magic has the wand, right? I guess magnets don't have to be huge.

The monkey in the back takes the ball from the playfield to the castle

Demo man has the crane arm

I’ve been playing timeshock on my virtual machine for a while, I hope to see a real one soon at a show at least

#321 5 years ago

lpeters82 How do you feel about this?

4 months later
    #322 4 years ago

As someone posted today in the german forum "flippermarkt.de", the project is still alive, but also still driven by 5 passionate people in their spare .
    Around 11 different playfields / layputs were developed until now, the "next" and hopefully final protopype playfield will be tested "soon". Then the BOM will be evaluated. Than the price tag will be attached.
    this is a 100% hobbyist project and will take some more time.

#323 4 years ago

btw.. attached a picture which shows, where a "magna save" button has to be located
    2019-05-24 23_49_44-Fotos (resized).jpg2019-05-24 23_49_44-Fotos (resized).jpg

#324 4 years ago

This is taking so long that I might just have enough money rat-holed away to jump in when the time comes!

Way to go team

#325 4 years ago

Hope Spooky picks this up

1 week later
    #326 4 years ago
    Quoted from mgpasman:

Hope Spooky picks this up

I just want to 2nd this, either Spooky or AP can do this some justice. I mean nearly all the work is done already, the ruleset and DMD graphics can be ported from the computer game too, it has name recognition and it's not a big Hollywood license.....in other words, somebody wake the f-up and pick this up!!!

#327 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

... and DMD graphics can be ported from the computer game too

I second that, though I hope they consider coloring it
    Dunno but lately whenever I look at pins with plain red/orange DMDs, it somehow feels so dated and unappealing...

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I just want to 2nd this, either Spooky or AP can do this some justice. I mean nearly all the work is done already, the ruleset and DMD graphics can be ported from the computer game too, it has name recognition and it's not a big Hollywood license.....in other words, somebody wake the f-up and pick this up!!!

Someone is doing this already
    the biggest problem seems to be the chrystal mech, which is simply to program in virtual reality, but a pain in the a.. in real life physics.
    the other thing is, that the layout ("flow") had has to be redone.
    The guys are doing this in their spare time. so it seems to take a "little" bit longer as expected.

#329 4 years ago

BUT Pro Pinball / Barnstorm Games who own the rights to the game are just another one of those rip off pinball companies who will take your money and not delivery. They did a Kickstarter 6 years ago and still not delivered everything. The Dutch guys are at least doing it the right way and trying to make the game play in real life which has been the real challenge. It isn't clear if they want to / will go into production but dare say Pro Pinball want one for themselves and then not care about anyone else.

Do not trust Pro Pinball / Barnstorm Games ..........
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0

now they just delete comments in the last year

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

BUT Pro Pinball / Barnstorm Games who own the rights to the game are just another one of those rip off pinball companies who will take your money and not delivery. They did a Kickstarter 6 years ago and still not delivered everything. The Dutch guys are at least doing it the right way and trying to make the game play in real life which has been the real challenge. It isn't clear if they want to / will go into production but dare say Pro Pinball want one for themselves and then not care about anyone else.
    Do not trust Pro Pinball / Barnstorm Games ..........
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0
    now they just delete comments in the last year

Yup. They took my money, too.

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

Yup. They took my money, too.

Same here I believe

#332 4 years ago

yep, took mine and won't respond so I wouldn't be trusting Pro Pinball / Barnstorm with their broken promises

3 months later
    #333 4 years ago

Bump

#334 4 years ago

Pinball is still hard, methinks.

1 week later
    #335 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20190920-003933_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190920-003933_Instagram (resized).jpg
    #336 4 years ago

Wow!

Expo or DPO?
    Where’s it going?

#337 4 years ago

They kept that quiet.

#339 4 years ago

Ho-ly smokes! They actually have a game ready. This should be a great pin if it turns out like the video game

#340 4 years ago

Yeah, tragic child labor...

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

[quoted image]

0EECB4AE-29A1-4759-974B-7322F8C6932C.gif0EECB4AE-29A1-4759-974B-7322F8C6932C.gif
    #342 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ho-ly smokes! They actually have a game ready. This should be a great pin if it turns out like the video game

Who knows how ready it is? It doesn't have the time machine for a start. I would love to know why Silver Castle won't/can't talk about their progress.

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

Who knows how ready it is? It doesn't have the time machine for a start. I would love to know why Silver Castle won't/can't talk about their progress.

I'd bet the time machine went away in the conversion to the real world.

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

Is there a video or more photos than this? Guessing you have seen more if you know the time mech (in some shape or form) isn’t on the game pictured above.

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Is there a video or more photos than this? Guessing you have seen more if you know the time mech (in some shape or form) isn’t on the game pictured above.

I'm purely going by the picture, I'm pretty sure it would be visible if it was there.

... but I see what you mean by some form, it has probably been edited out or drastically modified.

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I'd bet the time machine went away in the conversion to the real world.

That would be a huge shame but also understandable.

#347 4 years ago

At first, I thought she was rocking that machine, but the playfield lights are on in combinations that don't actually occur during play.

I'm thinking this is like the very first version of WOZ that went to shows - flippable, but random lights and no rules. Still, that's _huge_ progress!

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

At first, I thought she was rocking that machine, but the playfield lights are on in combinations that don't actually occur during play.

I'm thinking this is like the very first version of WOZ that went to shows - flippable, but random lights and no rules. Still, that's huge_ progress!

I'm thinking that's part of the attract mode lightshow.

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

I'm thinking that's part of the attract mode lightshow.

That could be.

There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-not-more-discussion-about-timeshock/page/7?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.