(Topic ID: 100203)

Why is there not more discussion about TIMESHOCK?

By spfxted

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by akm
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

time shock (resized).jpg
    Physics.gif
    printing (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 2.32.15 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 2.32.07 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0EECB4AE-29A1-4759-974B-7322F8C6932C.gif
    Screenshot_20190920-003933_Instagram (resized).jpg
    2019-05-24 23_49_44-Fotos (resized).jpg
    TSplayfield (resized).png
    proxy (resized).jpg
    tsplayfieldvid (resized).jpg
    cunning-development-logo_8246.jpg
    Timeshock New Playfield (resized).jpg
    There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 8 years ago

Now THAT'S an update!

#152 8 years ago

Great news.
    Could you please post the differences in the layout?

One more year to save enough money..

#154 8 years ago

Awesome news about the machine progress. Great to hear of Nordman's involvement. I am kinda bummed that it will be longer until we see a working prototype, though.

#155 8 years ago

Hooray....man I hope this thing becomes a reality. This Pf layout was in imo super but Dennis tweaked it then it's going to be perfect.

1 week later
    #156 8 years ago

When is this game ever coming out? I can understand what the hold up is. Its most likely just trying to get the game to run on crapple products. I develope games and let me tell you, ios and osx are no picnic. Apple products are such crap, slow and out dated. Not really sure why anyone would want to seriously play it on a tablet or cell phone anyway? Yea yea when you are on an airplain bla bla well unless your a flight attendent or fly once a week i don't see its worth. I will be playing this with my pc Intell i7 8core Nvidea GTX970 1TSSD 4K resolution full surround sound bad ass mofo computer. It deserves nothing less..

3 weeks later
    #157 8 years ago

Timeshock! The ULTRA Edition is now in external PC and Mac beta testing. For Kickstarter backers only.

#158 8 years ago

Nordman. Savior of the universe. Big Juicy Aliens on the hunt for lexi. What a timeshock!

#159 8 years ago

Installed Timeshock! On the iPad Pro. What a game!! Love the big screen of the device. It's a Fantastic Journey

Made a quick video.
    Cheers to you Ade!

#160 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

Timeshock! The ULTRA Edition is now in external PC and Mac beta testing.

Hell yes.. I'd much rather play it on a computer than a tablet.

Although, I'd even more rather play it on a console.. but I'll take this in the meantime.

#161 8 years ago

This game looks amazing even on my Android but man, i hate playing this on a phone or tablet. For the one or two times i will actually be in a situation like on a plane its just so not the way to play this. I blaim Apple They just ruin everything...

#162 8 years ago

It would be a crime if this game is not made in real life...this pf layout and rules are top ten material IMO.

#163 8 years ago

you probably already know but just in case Silver Castle Pinball is building it now and Dennis Nordman is now joined with the team - and totally agree this would be a awesome game to have.

https://www.facebook.com/silvercastlepinball

their last post - early Oct.

"We are proud to announce that Silver Castle Pinball has teamed up with industry veteran Dennis Nordman. Dennis is known for some of the top rated pinball machine designs, such as White Water, Scared Stiff and Pirates of the Caribbean.

At the beginning of 2015 Dennis was given access to all the Timeshock! drawings of both the video game and the physical whitewood, and has been doing a lot of detailed refining since, to bring the addictive video game flow to the real world. He has moved or tweaked almost everything on the main playfield, even as little as a 1/32 of an inch in some cases.

At this point in time, Dennis has finished work on the drawings and we are getting all parts, assemblies and the new playfield ready to build up a new prototype.

While it was our goal to unveil a playing prototype of Timeshock! at Pinball EXPO in Chicago and the DPO in Holland this year, the redesigned prototype will regretfully not be finished in time.

We hope to see you all at Pinball EXPO 2016, and in the meantime we will be sharing our progress right here!"

1 week later
    #164 8 years ago

Pro Pinball just released on Google Play for Android systems.

Still waiting for the PC version.

1 week later
    #165 8 years ago

pro pinball notification for supporters for windows and mac os

I loaded it up and the overall look is fantastic and makes Pinball Arcade look like a kids toy.

#166 8 years ago

Watching with great anticipation

#167 8 years ago

got out my dedicated 32" HD screen for a cocktail pinball table project running with a mac mini and ipac interface board and arcade buttons.

it looks nice, simply use a rotate screen app and ring menu app hooked up to fast keys and then arcade buttons - to toggle between zen pinball, pinball arcade and pro pinball. All three programs adjust to cut out the side views and just show the playfield with only timeshock showing a dmd. Pro Pinball are still yet to update their software to offer cabinet support but at least it can be done on one screen in portrait view. Zen 2 pinball does cut out the left drain lane though but still very playable and can see the top of the outlane just not once it has drained.

P1110745.jpgP1110745.jpg

P1110746.jpgP1110746.jpg

1 month later
    #168 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

got out my dedicated 32" HD screen for a cocktail pinball table project running with a mac mini and ipac interface board and arcade buttons.
    it looks nice, simply use a rotate screen app and ring menu app hooked up to fast keys and then arcade buttons - to toggle between zen pinball, pinball arcade and pro pinball. All three programs adjust to cut out the side views and just show the playfield with only timeshock showing a dmd. Pro Pinball are still yet to update their software to offer cabinet support but at least it can be done on one screen in portrait view. Zen 2 pinball does cut out the left drain lane though but still very playable and can see the top of the outlane just not once it has drained.

P1110745.jpgP1110746.jpg

Ugh... Where can I buy me a copy for my vp!?

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ugh... Where can I buy me a copy for my vp!?

It is available on Steam right now for PC at $15, modified it could be used in a VP cabinet.
    Free for original Kickstarter backers that actually decided to care after 3 years.
    The original Windows version (with full audio) is downloadable for FREE and can be used for VP as well as separate software.

"Make it work".

Personally, I hope Silver Castle is actually doing something in 2016 as the "real" project is getting VERY stale.
    20+ years of waiting...

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It is available on Steam right now for PC at $15, modified it could be used in a VP cabinet.
    Free for original Kickstarter backers that actually decided to care after 3 years.
    The original Windows version (with full audio) is downloadable for FREE and can be used for VP as well as separate software.
    "Make it work".
    Personally, I hope Silver Castle is actually doing something in 2016 as the "real" project is getting VERY stale.
    20+ years of waiting...

at this point, i think the term "waiting" is possibly incorrect, I think we will be lucky at all to see a completed machine, much less see one in real life, or have the chance to own one in under 10 years

#171 8 years ago

Yep...I agree. Too bad this game would have been something special. The center rotating pyramid and that layout are pretty sweet.

1 month later
    #172 8 years ago

Any reason for the pessimism? apart from the fact that it's a super complicated project?

#173 8 years ago

Silvercastle did a Fabebook promo and gave away translites last week. That gives me hope that they are making progress and are beginning to make a move to start marketing it.

#174 8 years ago

Waiting for my prototype (sample production) translite, anytime in the mail now.

Based on some direct inquiries...

Progress continues, sample continues to be prepared for Expo, although no promises made.
    It is not a dead project.
    Electronics and code are already functional.
    Animations are integrated.
    Artwork is finalized.
    Light shows and feature lighting not completed within execution of the design code.
    Whitewood functional, minus one assembly in prototype (time crystal).
    This central feature is exceptionally complicated PITA with the ball locks, motor assembly, ramps, and execution.
    More complicated than say the "sword ramp" on LOTR.
    Shot flow and execution is still be improved with ramps, this is not "right" yet.
    This is "homebrew" not Stern, JPP, or Heighway, although we all wish it may or MAY NOT be overall.
    There are positives and negatives from both sides of the coin.
    Even so, this should give an indication.
    Pinball design in a "closed closet" can take YEARS, but at least they have some design overview support by DN.

Keep watching VERY closely.
    If it goes to sample production, I WILL own one, and I will be picking it up personally.
    This game is easily worth $10k if done correctly, and I am FAR from being an impulse buyer.
    I have only waited 20 years...and even more for one machine in my collection.

#175 8 years ago

Waiting for my prototype (sample production) translite, anytime in the mail now.
    Based on some direct inquiries...
    Progress continues, sample continues to be prepared for Expo, although no promises made.
    It is not a dead project.
    Electronics and code are already functional.
    Animations are integrated.
    Artwork is finalized.
    Light shows and feature lighting not completed within execution of the design code.
    Whitewood functional, minus one assembly in prototype (time crystal).
    This central feature is exceptionally complicated PITA with the ball locks, motor assembly, ramps, and execution.
    More complicated than say the "sword ramp" on LOTR.
    Shot flow and execution is still be improved with ramps, this is not "right" yet.
    This is "homebrew" not Stern, JPP, or Heighway, although we all wish it may or MAY NOT be overall.
    There are positives and negatives from both sides of the coin.
    Even so, this should give an indication.
    Pinball design in a "closed closet" can take YEARS, but at least they have some design overview support by DN.
    Keep watching VERY closely.
    If it goes to sample production, I WILL own one, and I will be picking it up personally.
    This game is easily worth $10k if done correctly, and I am FAR from being an impulse buyer.
    I have only waited 20 years...and even more for one machine in my collection.

I like your enthusiasm. The playfield art reminds me of High Speed or Comet.

#176 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I like your enthusiasm. The playfield art reminds me of High Speed or Comet.

There has been a lot of concentrated effort with one of the original designer of the Empire Interactive game (ie now Barnstorm Games), Adrian Barritt.
    It was the only way they could even get this far, and that was never a guarantee from the beginning.
    Nobody wants to be reminded of the Pro Pinball TimeShock! ULTRA kickstarter project.

All I will say is IF this project comes to final reality, it is going to raise the bar with other designers and current companies.
    It is not that the game is innovative in itself, just it INTEGRATES many of pinball's innovations in one machine, coupled will solid shot flow and game depth.
    It will generate another legacy of history like BBB, and I remain at the "front of the line".
    The road on this one has been very rocky as well, but there are no "license" issues or other follies of the past.

#177 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure they're aiming at more than a sample run of machines ...

I honestly can't see this not being made now. They're so far in, and with TimeShock as the theme it'd be guaranteed sales. Even if the existing team choose not to proceed I'm sure there'd be numerous interested parties willing to buy the work and take it to production.

From what I can gather, though they're working directly with the rights holders and original developers, the latter don't want anything more shown until it's really ready to go. Hence no blogs or picture updates - they apparently do intend to start doing this as soon as they're allowed to.

I think Dutch Pinball Open is likely for a close to finished machine. Who builds it is the bigger question.

#178 8 years ago

If they do build it I am in...

#179 8 years ago

Are there any new pix?

#180 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Are there any new pix?

NDA.
    Keep watching the Facebook page.

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm pretty sure they're aiming at more than a sample run of machines ...

Jurgen certainly wants to do a "full production run", but unless this is shuffled up to someone who can actually do the work, the numbers are not going to support any higher than Spooky Pinball.
    I would not anticipate a production count to exceed 300.
    To my knowledge active outsourcing is not yet a major consideration.
    I would rather NOT have companies like Chicago Gaming do the production.

#182 8 years ago

Jurgen certainly wants to do a "full production run", but unless this is shuffled up to someone who can actually do the work, the numbers are not going to support any higher than Spooky Pinball.
    I would not anticipate a production count to exceed 300.
    To my knowledge active outsourcing is not yet a major consideration.
    I would rather NOT have companies like Chicago Gaming do the production.

Whilst I doubt ARA have the space for a second pinball production line, I'm pretty sure there will be similarly equipped firms either in the low countries or across the border in Germany. I highly doubt they'd consider Chicago Gaming or Spooky. It'd be too hands off. I don't think it pays to have your entire design, creative and engineering team an ocean away from production facilities. That'd likely prove a nightmare.

By this stage they must have some plan for production, and at least some kind of tentative agreement with a firm to manufacture prototypes.

3 weeks later
    #183 8 years ago

For those that missed it in another thread and are TimeShock! fans.

This is an example of a SUPERB translite. Stern could learn something here.

Progress marches on...

IMG_20160404_163616_(resized).jpgIMG_20160404_163616_(resized).jpg

#184 8 years ago

For those that missed it in another thread and are TimeShock! fans.
    This is an example of a SUPERB translite. Stern could learn something here.
    Progress marches on...
    IMG_20160404_163616_(resized).jpg

Meh...

#185 8 years ago

I'd have to agree!
    I want this games as my first nib

#186 8 years ago

No issue here, I will take the first sample off the production line.
    "To each their own".

2 months later
    #187 7 years ago

New update: https://www.facebook.com/silvercastlepinball/posts/1158138707606533

"It's been a while since our last post and a lot of progress has been made since then! Before getting into that however, let us answer the question that many have been asking: “When do we get to see the finished prototype?”.

As you know, our development cycle has turned out to be longer than anticipated. There are two main reasons for that:

One, we do not accept pre-orders until there is a finished prototype, and as a result have a limited pool of resources to work with. The reason for taking this approach is that we feel that our customers should not be the ones to carry the risk that comes with developing a pinball machine. The market as of late has indicated that this has been the right decision

And two, no matter how close the computer game comes to the real thing, not a single object in the whitewood could be left the same as in the game. That, together with all changes Dennis Nordman made, meant going through many playfield iterations and taking a lot of time to get to the point where we are now; a well flowing playfield layout that we’re very happy with.

As of now, we plan to have a playable prototype ready within a year.

So, back to progress! These are some of the major things that have happened with the project lately:

- Danny joined the team as our mechanical engineer.
    - Micha joined the team as our electrical engineer
    - Jean-Paul finished the cabinet artwork package
    - The playfield shot layout and placement was finalized.
    - The 10-ball trough was developed and prototyped
    - The moving scoop mechanism for the Crystal was prototyped
    - Single and Multi-insert LED boards were developed
    - The driver and opto boards for the Crystal movement were engineered
    - And last but certainly not least, a lot of time was put into documentation like wiring diagrams, power distribution, PCB schemas, parts lists, assembly instructions etc. to already prepare for a production phase.

Right now, electrical engineering is working on the audio/DSP boards while the mechanical department focuses on optimizing the Crystal mechanism and upper level of the playfield. All ramps and wireforms need to be modified and re-manufactured to accommodate the playfield changes.

Rest assured solid progression is made and we can’t wait to finally shoot you guys a video once those new parts have arrived "

#188 7 years ago

Great! Can't wait!!

#189 7 years ago

Awesome news guys! I'm still plugged in

#190 7 years ago

Would love to see some more pictures of the changes. Always interested in the changes needed going from simulation to real hardware.

#191 7 years ago

Can't wait to see a working Crystal with the four lock points. Probably one of the most complicated "toys" in pinball ever.

#192 7 years ago

I've never played timeshock but I want this to be my first NIB!!!!
    can someone tell me what the crystal does?

#193 7 years ago

these images were included w/ that facebook post mentioned above. I've been playing this on my iPad & its a lot of fun. my only gripes are the music and call outs

13406860_1158150297605374_6116766625603740113_n_(resized).jpg13406860_1158150297605374_6116766625603740113_n_(resized).jpg
    13413156_1158150294272041_6550206637195516821_n_(resized).jpg13413156_1158150294272041_6550206637195516821_n_(resized).jpg

#194 7 years ago

"I do not know exactly what time you presently inhabit, so I cannot tell in what dark age of pre-science you dwell, but you probably don't even know that time is crystalline.
    It flows from the future and crystallises at the door of the present.
    The future is fluid and changeable.
    The past is solid and cannot be altered.
    But it can be shattered.
    And my work on the fluid future threatens to destroy the solid past.
    I have created - God help us - a shock wave of anti-time which is travelling back to the dawn of history.
    The wave has nearly reached your time already.
    We must return to the beginning of time and bring together the crystal fragments from the future to create a counter-shock wave.
    My time machine is crude - the best I could do in the circumstances - but it needs two to pilot and navigate.
    My co-pilot has...gone, and I am stuck in this time.
    My past has gone already, but if we succeed, we can save your past...and your future."

- The Background Story of "TimeShock!"

#195 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

these images were included w/ that facebook post mentioned above. I've been playing this on my iPad & its a lot of fun. my only gripes are the music and call outs

I dunno, I quite like the music. Especially the "one ball left to lock" suspense track.

The game really has a ton of songs, a theme for each of the four main timezones and shorter tracks for each mode and multiball.

The "The Web" OST is better though.

Don't have a problem with the callouts either. Actually I love pretty much everything about the game

#196 7 years ago

I can't believe Time Shock is being created! All the years I played it on my PC I just settled into the fact that it was an awesome simulation but now I realize it will be my first NIB game for sure!!!! TAKE MY MONEY

#197 7 years ago

In fact I think you'll be able to appreciate the light sequences even more.

https://www.twitch.tv/pinballwiz45b/v/71860046

#198 7 years ago

Meanwhile in virtual pinball land...

Timeshock_3_screen_(resized).jpgTimeshock_3_screen_(resized).jpg

#199 7 years ago

The ORIGINAL 1997 Empire Interactive Pro Pinball - TimeShock! PC CD Rom game pulled out of my pinball archives.

Full color oversize box, CD ROM (with Dolby Digital Red Book Audio that includes all the music tracks and can be played in any CD player, Track One is the game, there are 32 tracks of music as mentioned in a previous posting), Table Manual, Technical Manual, and product registration card.
    It provides an amazing amount of insight into this game and the manuals are similarly laid out like a real pinball machine operator's technical manual and operator handbook which include the game diagnostic settings and feature adjustments.
    This was unheard of for most games of the time.
    Quite a rare beast these days.

Total cost?
    $5 in a computer gaming store bargain bin back in 1998.
    A real "blast from the past".
    Designed to run on Windows 95!
    (Versus the MS-DOS version, as this was the "enhanced" edition with 1600x1200 resolution and the stereo Red Book Audio)

This original game still works on modern computers (with some computer basic wizardry) along with the newly released Barnstorm Games "Ultra" version.

Just "Another Cunning Development".
    I have the other boxed games floating around somewhere in a moving container, somewhere...
    Fantastic Journey (Pro Pinball 4) was by far the second best title of the series.

TimeShock_Box_and_Goodies.jpgTimeShock_Box_and_Goodies.jpg

1 week later
    #200 7 years ago

So I'm watching my virtual mini cabinet in attract mode wondering if I'll ever be able to own the real thing.

Here's a video, I love the impression of depth.

There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-not-more-discussion-about-timeshock/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.