IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
BDD60BF5-092B-4009-B801-FBC01F7F045C (resized).jpeg
IMG_3424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Plastic (resized).JPG
IMG_3869 (resized).JPG
IMG_3867 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#230 5 years ago

Alright guys! Found a BDK on route that the bar owner owns. Just cleaned it today and started adjusting switches that weren’t working.

Anyone see this left ramp do this?

In test the ramp coil just bounces it, doesn’t hold, if you press it twice it will pull it down seconds later and hold.

2 weeks later
#231 5 years ago

So the center ramp entrance switch diode was broke off the solder. Fixed that, but in test the ramp acts weird. In game the ramp seems to work without issue. Leaving that for now.

I got a black rubber kit as the slings were on their last thread. Not many rings, but does anyone have a estimate on time and difficulty replacing all the rubbers? It’s in a bar with not much table space so I don’t want to do it there if it sucks and requires lots of disassembly. Thanks!

Just dropped the sound mod light code on, fixed the sticky flipper buttons, switches and backbox ballast so now it should make the customers happy again!

2 weeks later
#234 5 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Unable to locate the blue ramp entrance bumpers. Does anywhere know where to pick them up? #626-5085-00. I'd even take the thinner version. Not sure of that part number though. Thanks.

Looks like Suzo Happ is restocking 7/10/18, you could either email PBL or marco and see if their stock will be refreshed as well.

2 months later
#243 5 years ago

I put the coin taker led kit in bdk, but noticed the lower right sling and Outlane lights out. I didn’t bring my dmm, but was curious if anyone had reference that it may be a fuse for that side? I checked the connectors and they seemed fine, wiggled the bulbs and no flicker. From what I noticed all the old incandescent bulbs were not on down there before so no real reference.
BB4B94BC-3D6C-4098-8F66-BCAFD72E1B7B (resized).jpegBB4B94BC-3D6C-4098-8F66-BCAFD72E1B7B (resized).jpeg

EDIT: found an old pic. Can confirm all the lower lights were out and the same left side issue. Except the right was just the inlane and sling bulbs were bad

FA03F188-400E-4F5A-8AF0-9630F946709B (resized).jpegFA03F188-400E-4F5A-8AF0-9630F946709B (resized).jpeg
2 years later
#296 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Anyone got a solution to clean shots to the left orbit bouncing out of the top VUK? shots that are a bit off seem to slow down and settle, claiming mystery/starting mode etc but a really clean shot goes round so fast it seems to hit the back and bounce straight back out. It's very hard to get in there without disassembling stuff so just wondered if anyone else has found a solution before i start pulling it all apart?

Is there something to stop it from bouncing? I forgot what it looks like, if it is just angled metal or they put a dead bounce material. My bdk is at the bar but I have a lotr with a similar shot I can look at

1 week later
#302 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Ah, thanks that makes sense.
How did you get it in there and secure it? I don't really want to disassemble that whole section of the playfield as it looks like there's a lot to remove, but it looks like rather than stuck on you've fitted it above the scoop and underneath the plastic above to keep it held in place?

target foam should have a sticky back. If you pull the pf out some, you may be able to wiggle your hand/finger back there to apply it

3 weeks later
#306 3 years ago

Selling my friends BDK if anyone is new and looking for one, or you know someone looking to join the club

11 months later
#334 2 years ago

Hey so my route BDK has an issue and I’m not sure if it is a common one. The kicker at the joker lock is launching the ball into the plastic and if the joker is turned out, getting the ball stuck on him.

I pulled the coil and the stop isn’t broke, the kicker is hitting the wood. The gate works. Maybe the forks on the launcher are too spread apart and need to be brought together?

In test the coil fires pretty hard…. Has anyone seen this?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

EDIT:
Here is video in slow mo, Looks like the ball is getting launched and airborn into the gate bracket

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I bet the brackets are too far apart, I would try to bend those in or replace them and see where you are at. Second option might be to build a topper for the shute to keep the ball on the playfield

I did bend the forks together again. But man it was goign so far forward.... so I ended up ordering the coil bracket, the full auto launch assembly and coil. I'll put that in and see if it changes it! I'll update.

I'm sad the launching broke the plastics :/ blah.....

1 week later
#337 2 years ago

So I had a new kicker arm mech, and a new coil stop bracket. I replaced those (kept original coil). And reinstalled. The kicker arm was sloppy like one of the bushings had left the building. New mech kicked a couple wild balls then calmed down to firing normal. Tested a handful of times and it seems to be resolved.

7 months later
#340 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I had a new kicker arm mech, and a new coil stop bracket. I replaced those (kept original coil). And reinstalled. The kicker arm was sloppy like one of the bushings had left the building. New mech kicked a couple wild balls then calmed down to firing normal. Tested a handful of times and it seems to be resolved.

Just wanted to comment, this fixed the issue long term so far.

2 weeks later
#341 1 year ago

Pulled BDK off route to do a full shop job. Did anyone change the pop bumper color of body/skirt? curious if blue or purple would look good.

1 month later
#342 1 year ago

Has anyone ordered a super band kit from Marco for this game?
I did, in purple, and they look great.....but marco didn't ship me like half the rubbers and mentioned they only put in the kit what is called for and I am a tad confused as what exactly they mean, I know ring#12 the pf map vs the qty is off by 1 (should be 3 but says 2). however they didn't add in all the #14 7/16 posts but upper pf list is on a different page than the normal....so ya, just curious.

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Pulled BDK off route to do a full shop job. Did anyone change the pop bumper color of body/skirt? curious if blue or purple would look good.

didn't hear anything and the colors for body/skirt didn't match so stayed white

1 week later
#344 1 year ago

Putting back BDk and noticed the lights at the roll overs and next to joker aren’t lighting up. I went into test and there’s no test for them. I’m not done putting it all back but are these special lights/gi? That aren’t in test?

CB7401D2-6BB0-4AB4-85D7-A75217E8626D (resized).jpegCB7401D2-6BB0-4AB4-85D7-A75217E8626D (resized).jpeg

EDIT: don’t mind me! Fixed it. Sooo when I put the colordmd in, I asked about pulling a fuse for the power board or removing the board to save power. Pulling f1 was ok to cut power. We’ll I pulled f1 on the mpu not the power board put a fuse back in, all the lights work lol.

#345 1 year ago

Has anyone taken out the crane and joker motors to regrease them?

EDIT: I should say, the gear box, not the motor. They look sealed but they also have 4 screws, so it would need to be pried open.

#347 1 year ago

I’m having a couple positions of scarecrow crane not register, the connection looks to be just two wires to a harness plug, but do the optos for the position of the crane have anything to do with this? Seems odd that 2 don’t work and the others do unless the wire harness has a break that disconnect in those positions…

#348 1 year ago

The crane was not registering hits on two places on the pf, middle ones, but would on the sides. I found via continuity testing and in game test of crane and switch test, that the wire(s) have an internal break that is only broken in those two spots...weird. I'm going to remake the harness but the molex plug looks super tiny for the pins. i thought i had some .062 but man the plug w/ pins looks even smaller than that! any idea?

EDIT: My "small" ones on hand look to be AMP .1 or so. I've ordered .062 from marco and hope they fit so i can remake the harness.

1 week later
#349 1 year ago

New pins from marco fit correctly. Rebuild the crane harness and it works great! only issue is the manual wanted a green shooter spring and man is that weak. I'm going to upgrade it red/purple/orange. Haven't decided. Game is back on route for people to play!

#350 1 year ago

Anyone get the ball stuck under the upper pf?

BBEC1F89-4330-4E2F-9B8F-F92C84312484 (resized).jpegBBEC1F89-4330-4E2F-9B8F-F92C84312484 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#352 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Just joined the club and this pin looks pretty mint. Has mirror blades, bat signal mod, alternate translite, topper, and a pretty good led job. The right flipper keeps blowing the 3a fuse and I traced it back to q16 transistor. Ordered some IRL540N transistors which looks like the recommended replacement. Does this seem correct to just replace the transistor and fuse?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Eh, I’d probably put a new coil for the flipper too.

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

northvibe, I replaced the transistor q16 and that did the trick! coil was fine.. I believe thats why the flipper coils have their own fuses to prevent them from frying aswell.

Usually, when replacing a transistor, you may want to replace the diode on the coil, I’ve had a bad coil recently on sopranos. However jr look burnt on the paper.

Glad it was just the transistor!

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

northvibe, the coils on BDK specifically say "no diode" on them

Good to go then! I had more coil issues on sopranos than bdk. Luckily.

3 months later
#361 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

tasteful LEDs are a must on this pin. I really liked the cointaker kit.

I did the CT kit some years back, but for route, it was too dark for gi. The inserts were nice. When I shopped it out recently I converted the top side to all cool white, really helps see the game.

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Friday night bump. About to add color DMD and LEDs this weekend.

I would also add mirror blades! Game looks great with all those mods.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Broken plastic near center ramp on my BDK (as well as missing blue bumper, I realize). Anyone know where this plastic is available or if anyone makes a mod plastic that is tougher for this area?
[quoted image]

Plastic
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-batman-the-dark-knight-joker-drop-target-fix-kit.html

The blue Nubs I ordered at PBL with new screws as well. And use lock tite to keep the screws in

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Fabulous. Will do, and thanks!
And per your previous post, I would definitely add mirror blades as well if the machine were a keeper, but I'm getting it ready to sell. Wish I could keep it, but I need the cash and to thin the herd anyway. Very grateful for the advice.

All good! Yeah if it was a flip some mods aren’t worth it.

Do you have the manual? The blue nub part numbers are in there. I can look at my old order too

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I do have the manual--thanks again. The game was NIB and HUO with only about 800 plays and the previous owner never even took off the glass, He was not a pin guy, but bought the game from a distro for his kids to play. Found the blue nubs in the manual by part number, but the original blue nubs are unobtanium according to several sources, so along with the plastics fix kit I ordered a few different sizes of nubs from Pinball Life, and that way I can fashion something that will work. Otherwise the game is pretty much pristine, and I put in a color DMD and LEDs to upgrade. A few pix follow to show it off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are the blue nubs for the middle ramp entrance? I literally just bought these..I’ll check. That is INSANE hou haah awesome! Game is clean.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks so much. Yes, the game is a beauty. I need the nub just for the left side ramp entrance, which may actually be shorter than the one on the right based on other photos I've seen. The longer one is on the right and that is intact. Unless I'm missing something after checking the manual and websites, the nub is the part that all suppliers seem to list as unavailable. Photo of cracked plastic and missing nub already posted above, but reposted below for context.
[quoted image]

Dang that part is out of stock, 626-5085-00 , looks like suzo happ says may 1st it will restock, so I bet they put more orders in.
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/accessories/626-5085-00

Just for info/future
rubber: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5085-00
plate: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9648-01
2 x screws - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/237-6197-00
LOCTITE 243

2 months later
#390 10 months ago
Quoted from RandyW:I have found a new issue. The Scarecrow VUK doesn't fire in game. The switch registers when a ball hits it, but the vuk won't fire until a ball seek. It works fine in test and works fine once ball seek starts. But it acts like the switch isn't registering. However I have tested it over and over in switch test and it works every time a ball sits on it.

What game code are you on?
Any board damage from batteries leaking or burnt connectors?

So, in game with glass off, drop the ball into the scarecrow, it registers the ball fell in, yes?

I would also ohm test the coil and test the diode (forgot if it is on board or coil) and also verify the transistor that drives it. Maybe it’s partial fail aka leaking current

5 months later
#393 5 months ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Can someone point me to the correct standup target switch for the left Commissioner Gordon. Someone installed a narrow target and I would like to correct it.
The manual has a part number but I’m not able to find that exact one. Cut and paste below.
515-7568-08
Asm. Parts Included : Stack Sw. (180-5207-00) & 1" Square Target White (545-5470-08); Use 500-6984-08 to include : Bracket, Switch Mounting (535-6896-00), Anti-Loft Switch Back Plate (535-9823-01) & Silicone Foam Pad 3/16" (626-5078-00).

So stern shows part 515-7568-08 and that is the fully assembled switch stack, aka "plug n play".
Then they break down the assembled (asm) parts to show swtich stack, target, foam, mounting bracket etc.
Looking online it seems that part has been eol or upgraded.
You can do a few things. You can find a 1"x1" target face and re-rivet it.
Buy a new switch stack or buy a new assembly.

here is a 1" stern/de white switch target
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-1-white-square-target-switch.html
marco
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-5162-08

you will need to verify if your switch has/needs a diode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-no-bdk-owners-club?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.