IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
BDD60BF5-092B-4009-B801-FBC01F7F045C (resized).jpeg
IMG_3424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Plastic (resized).JPG
IMG_3869 (resized).JPG
IMG_3867 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmieczko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 8 years ago

Hey, I just picked up a BDK this week. The Joker motor was not working, but it came with a new replacement from Stern. I need help with the wiring - it looks like someone moved the wires on the cabinet harness, not sure why. Can someone please take a picture of the 5-pin connector attached to the assembly? It's the one with the black, green, red, and white wires. I need to verify the correct order and if the wire colors are supposed to match on both sides of the connector (I would hope so, but they don't on mine). Thanks.

#136 8 years ago

Thanks Jim! While it's open, can you get a picture of the other dangling connector coming off the top of the joker motor assembly? It's the one going through a Z-connector, about 5" wires hanging from the motor assembly, then connecting to a cabinet wire connector. This one has 4 wires going to it - black, red, green, white. Thanks so much!

#139 8 years ago

That's it, thanks Jim! My colors don't match up on this connector - gotta switch them up and try again... Dave

2 weeks later
#141 8 years ago

Need a little help with this ball gate / wireform / switch for the center ramp. See the photos - from the manual I'm pretty sure switch # 180-5010-01 is correct, but I can't find the P/N for the wireform. Does anyone know that, or does anyone have an extra wireform they could sell me? My end snapped off when I was trying to bend it back to actuate correctly. Thanks, Dave

gate1_(resized).jpggate1_(resized).jpg

gate2_(resized).jpggate2_(resized).jpg

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Edit: Think I misunderstood. Is the wire gate what is broken? If so you'll probably have to bend a new one yourself. I buy piano wire from True Value and make my own.

Yes, I broke the wireform. The switch was disconnected with a broken diode as well, but I replaced the diode. Not sure the switch was the correct part number, though, because the actuator arm looks a little short. Is there a gauge or type of piano wire I should be purchasing to bend my own wireforms?? Thanks.

#147 8 years ago

Thank you Stangbat. If I fail miserably at bending my own wireform, I'd still appreciate someone calling out the part number, if it is known...

1 week later
#150 8 years ago

The cabinet on my BDK is scratched and checked from being routed. I'd love to get new decals for it, but they were never created - Stern had these cabinets direct-printed onto the plywood. Does anyone know if a scan of the artwork exists? Has anyone had any luck printing decals for this machine? Dave

1 week later
#151 8 years ago

Just to put this joker motor wiring issue to bed - the joker motor assembly I purchased new was wired incorrectly. I had to move the wires in the 5-pin connector so they matched the cabinet connector colors. The motor still didn't work, so I had to troubleshoot the board and found a bad solder repair on the Q30 transistor. Replaced this and cleaned up the traces, and the joker motor is working now. Thanks to everyone who helped with this.

2 weeks later
#152 8 years ago

Does any other BDK owner have interest in repro cabinet decals? I located a source, and the more sets purchased, the cheaper they will be. If you would like a set of decals, please let me know asap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmieczko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-no-bdk-owners-club?tu=dmieczko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.