IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
BDD60BF5-092B-4009-B801-FBC01F7F045C (resized).jpeg
IMG_3424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Plastic (resized).JPG
IMG_3869 (resized).JPG
IMG_3867 (resized).JPG
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 1 year ago

Just joined the club and this pin looks pretty mint. Has mirror blades, bat signal mod, alternate translite, topper, and a pretty good led job. The right flipper keeps blowing the 3a fuse and I traced it back to q16 transistor. Ordered some IRL540N transistors which looks like the recommended replacement. Does this seem correct to just replace the transistor and fuse?

20221218_192236_mfnr (resized).jpg20221218_192236_mfnr (resized).jpg20221218_205327 (resized).jpg20221218_205327 (resized).jpg
#352 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Just joined the club and this pin looks pretty mint. Has mirror blades, bat signal mod, alternate translite, topper, and a pretty good led job. The right flipper keeps blowing the 3a fuse and I traced it back to q16 transistor. Ordered some IRL540N transistors which looks like the recommended replacement. Does this seem correct to just replace the transistor and fuse?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Eh, I’d probably put a new coil for the flipper too.

#353 1 year ago

@northvibe, I replaced the transistor q16 and that did the trick! coil was fine.. I believe thats why the flipper coils have their own fuses to prevent them from frying aswell.

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

northvibe, I replaced the transistor q16 and that did the trick! coil was fine.. I believe thats why the flipper coils have their own fuses to prevent them from frying aswell.

Usually, when replacing a transistor, you may want to replace the diode on the coil, I’ve had a bad coil recently on sopranos. However jr look burnt on the paper.

Glad it was just the transistor!

#355 1 year ago

@northvibe, the coils on BDK specifically say "no diode" on them

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

northvibe, the coils on BDK specifically say "no diode" on them

Good to go then! I had more coil issues on sopranos than bdk. Luckily.

2 months later
#357 1 year ago

Hi everyone,
I'd like to share with you the gallery of all the mods I've made for my BDK pinball!
Thank you

https://www.dystopicpinball.com/my-pinball-gallery/batman-the-dark-knight

1 month later
#358 1 year ago

Just acquired a HUO--one owner--BDK in mint condition. Under 1,000 plays. I'm adding a color DMD and LEDs. Planning to sell to help finance other projects. Any opinions on price?

#359 1 year ago

Friday night bump. About to add color DMD and LEDs this weekend.

#360 1 year ago

tasteful LEDs are a must on this pin. I really liked the cointaker kit.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

tasteful LEDs are a must on this pin. I really liked the cointaker kit.

I did the CT kit some years back, but for route, it was too dark for gi. The inserts were nice. When I shopped it out recently I converted the top side to all cool white, really helps see the game.

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Friday night bump. About to add color DMD and LEDs this weekend.

I would also add mirror blades! Game looks great with all those mods.

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I did the CT kit some years back, but for route, it was too dark for gi. The inserts were nice. When I shopped it out recently I converted the top side to all cool white, really helps see the game.

Thanks very much. Yes, I'm using all Cointaker LEDs--planning on warm white for GI and bright white for inserts. With a few exceptions by title, I prefer that to color kits. But I often keep flashers incandescent depending on the game layout and how flashers are used in the game.

#363 1 year ago

Just finished installing Color DMD in BDK and it looks great, but I do notice that the top and bottom portions of numbers are sort of dimmed out when the ball rolls over switches on the right batmobile platform (during "gadget" collection), with about 2/3rd of the numbers fully illuminated. In effect, the "head" and "feet" of each number are dimmed and the body of the numbers between head and feet appear normal. Is this an issue with the Color DMD or is that the way the numbers are supposed to look?

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Just finished installing Color DMD in BDK and it looks great, but I do notice that the top and bottom portions of numbers are sort of dimmed out when the ball rolls over switches on the right batmobile platform (during "gadget" collection), with about 2/3rd of the numbers fully illuminated. In effect, the "head" and "feet" of each number are dimmed and the body of the numbers between head and feet appear normal. Is this an issue with the Color DMD or is that the way the numbers are supposed to look?

Answered my own question. Code update took care of it.

#365 1 year ago

Broken plastic near center ramp on my BDK (as well as missing blue bumper, I realize). Anyone know where this plastic is available or if anyone makes a mod plastic that is tougher for this area?

Plastic (resized).JPGPlastic (resized).JPG
#366 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Broken plastic near center ramp on my BDK (as well as missing blue bumper, I realize). Anyone know where this plastic is available or if anyone makes a mod plastic that is tougher for this area?
[quoted image]

Plastic
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-batman-the-dark-knight-joker-drop-target-fix-kit.html

The blue Nubs I ordered at PBL with new screws as well. And use lock tite to keep the screws in

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Plastic
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-batman-the-dark-knight-joker-drop-target-fix-kit.html

The blue Nubs I ordered at PBL with new screws as well. And use lock tite to keep the screws in

Fabulous. Will do, and thanks!

And per your previous post, I would definitely add mirror blades as well if the machine were a keeper, but I'm getting it ready to sell. Wish I could keep it, but I need the cash and to thin the herd anyway. Very grateful for the advice.

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Fabulous. Will do, and thanks!
And per your previous post, I would definitely add mirror blades as well if the machine were a keeper, but I'm getting it ready to sell. Wish I could keep it, but I need the cash and to thin the herd anyway. Very grateful for the advice.

All good! Yeah if it was a flip some mods aren’t worth it.

Do you have the manual? The blue nub part numbers are in there. I can look at my old order too

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Do you have the manual? The blue nub part numbers are in there. I can look at my old order too

I do have the manual--thanks again. The game was NIB and HUO with only about 800 plays and the previous owner never even took off the glass, He was not a pin guy, but bought the game from a distro for his kids to play. Found the blue nubs in the manual by part number, but the original blue nubs are unobtanium according to several sources, so along with the plastics fix kit I ordered a few different sizes of nubs from Pinball Life, and that way I can fashion something that will work. Otherwise the game is pretty much pristine, and I put in a color DMD and LEDs to upgrade. A few pix follow to show it off.

IMG_3817 (resized).JPGIMG_3817 (resized).JPGIMG_3820 (resized).JPGIMG_3820 (resized).JPGIMG_3821 (resized).JPGIMG_3821 (resized).JPGIMG_3833 (resized).JPGIMG_3833 (resized).JPGIMG_3849 (resized).JPGIMG_3849 (resized).JPGIMG_3851 (resized).JPGIMG_3851 (resized).JPGIMG_3852 (resized).JPGIMG_3852 (resized).JPGIMG_3855 (resized).JPGIMG_3855 (resized).JPGIMG_3863 (resized).JPGIMG_3863 (resized).JPGIMG_3865 (resized).JPGIMG_3865 (resized).JPGIMG_3867 (resized).JPGIMG_3867 (resized).JPGIMG_3869 (resized).JPGIMG_3869 (resized).JPG
#370 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I do have the manual--thanks again. The game was NIB and HUO with only about 800 plays and the previous owner never even took off the glass, He was not a pin guy, but bought the game from a distro for his kids to play. Found the blue nubs in the manual by part number, but the original blue nubs are unobtanium according to several sources, so along with the plastics fix kit I ordered a few different sizes of nubs from Pinball Life, and that way I can fashion something that will work. Otherwise the game is pretty much pristine, and I put in a color DMD and LEDs to upgrade. A few pix follow to show it off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are the blue nubs for the middle ramp entrance? I literally just bought these..I’ll check. That is INSANE hou haah awesome! Game is clean.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

These are the blue nubs for the middle ramp entrance? I literally just bought these..I’ll check. That is INSANE hou haah awesome! Game is clean.

Thanks so much. Yes, the game is a beauty. I need the nub just for the left side ramp entrance, which may actually be shorter than the one on the right based on other photos I've seen. The longer one is on the right and that is intact. Unless I'm missing something after checking the manual and websites, the nub is the part that all suppliers seem to list as unavailable. Photo of cracked plastic and missing nub already posted above, but reposted below for context.

Plastic (resized).JPGPlastic (resized).JPG
#372 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks so much. Yes, the game is a beauty. I need the nub just for the left side ramp entrance, which may actually be shorter than the one on the right based on other photos I've seen. The longer one is on the right and that is intact. Unless I'm missing something after checking the manual and websites, the nub is the part that all suppliers seem to list as unavailable. Photo of cracked plastic and missing nub already posted above, but reposted below for context.
[quoted image]

Dang that part is out of stock, 626-5085-00 , looks like suzo happ says may 1st it will restock, so I bet they put more orders in.
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/accessories/626-5085-00

Just for info/future
rubber: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5085-00
plate: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9648-01
2 x screws - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/237-6197-00
LOCTITE 243

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Dang that part is out of stock, 626-5085-00 , looks like suzo happ says may 1st it will restock, so I bet they put more orders in.
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/accessories/626-5085-00

Just for info/future
rubber: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5085-00
plate: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9648-01
2 x screws - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/237-6197-00
LOCTITE 243

Superb info. Thanks!

#374 1 year ago

Thanks for the helpful posts, especially from northvibe. Will be installing the new plastics and ramp protector nub this weekend, along with attempting to remove the motor assembly from under the PF so that I can replace 2-3 incandescent bulbs with LEDs. Looks like that's the only way to get to these bulbs, and if anyone has any related advice about the motor assembly removal, I'm all ears.

My original word-of-mouth buyer passed due to recent financial setbacks, so once I have the minor maintenance above completed I plan to put this machine out there FS on pinside. No one above suggested a price in response to my first post, but given its HUO status with about 900 plays and the color DMD and LED upgrades, I'm planning a $7,500 OBO price. Will take it to Pinfest if I don't sell it before then. Please pass on this info if you happen to know anyone interested in a "practically new" BDK.

Many thanks!

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

along with attempting to remove the motor assembly from under the PF so that I can replace 2-3 incandescent bulbs with LEDs.

Not sure which bulbs you're referring to, but I don't remember removing either of the motors (Scarecrow or Joker) back when I did my LED swap. There were one or two surface mount bulbs that can't be directly replaced as they're attached to boards. I want to say one was at the entrance to the center ramp? Not sure since I'm not in front of my game.

I think your asking price is fair. It's tough to say as they don't come up too often and not in the condition yours appears to be for sure. Mine is in much worse shape, but I said it'd never leave unless I could find a better one. If I didn't have a Foo LE coming, this may have been my chance, lol. Good luck with the sale!

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Not sure which bulbs you're referring to, but I don't remember removing either of the motors (Scarecrow or Joker) back when I did my LED swap. There were one or two surface mount bulbs that can't be directly replaced as they're attached to boards. I want to say one was at the entrance to the center ramp? Not sure since I'm not in front of my game.

I think your asking price is fair. It's tough to say as they don't come up too often and not in the condition yours appears to be for sure. Mine is in much worse shape, but I said it'd never leave unless I could find a better one. If I didn't have a Foo LE coming, this may have been my chance, lol. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the reply. I'm not in front of my game either, but, from memory, the bulbs that I assume were under the PF are both arrows--one for the white rectangular target for "Gordon" and the other for the "Harvey Dent" entrance to the pop bumpers. I'll have to look closer when I open up the game again this weekend.

And thanks for your comment on the fairness of price. Hopefully a buyer will agree.

#377 1 year ago

. . . and enjoy FF!

#378 1 year ago

Just posted an ad in the Market for my BDK in case you know anyone interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-batman-the-dark-knight-67

And thanks to those on this thread who pointed me to some needed parts for this pin.

1 month later
#379 11 months ago

I’m finishing out a major overhaul on my BDK and I can’t figure out where the smaller connector on this wire goes!! Please help!

IMG_3423 (resized).jpegIMG_3423 (resized).jpegIMG_3424 (resized).jpegIMG_3424 (resized).jpeg
#380 11 months ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I’m finishing out a major overhaul on my BDK and I can’t figure out where the smaller connector on this wire goes!! Please help! [quoted image][quoted image]

Is it possibly for a mod? I can’t find the smaller connector on mine.

BDD60BF5-092B-4009-B801-FBC01F7F045C (resized).jpegBDD60BF5-092B-4009-B801-FBC01F7F045C (resized).jpeg
#381 11 months ago

Actually my connector has the wires going through it, and yours the wires terminate at it.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#382 11 months ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Is it possibly for a mod? I can’t find the smaller connector on mine. [quoted image]

In your pic, it looks like it is going up through the playfield. What does that plug into?

#383 11 months ago

Can’t tell for sure because it goes under the far right HaHa plastic at the base of the Joker and it’s a lot to take apart to get under there. But I think it has to do with the switches dealing with the Joker and maybe something else. I disconnected it and in the Joker test it would only go halfway around. There are 3 switches (50-52) and it wasn’t finding switch 52. So my guess is it’s tied to the topside of the Joker assembly. But no idea how/where.

#384 11 months ago

Thank you! Looks like I am pulling that assembly back apart tomorrow!

#385 11 months ago

Thanks again!! Found it!

Now to order a new crane motor, my gear set is chewed up.

IMG_3427 (resized).jpegIMG_3427 (resized).jpegIMG_3428 (resized).jpegIMG_3428 (resized).jpegIMG_3429 (resized).jpegIMG_3429 (resized).jpeg
#386 11 months ago

Ok, so new problem. My crane is a type 2 with the square lug and no one has one in stock. My motor works fine, but the gear on it is stripped. The rest of the gears look fine. Is there anywhere I can get just this gear, or the motor and gear?

It is a fairly expensive gamble, but I am betting the motor and gear are the same between the two cranes.

IMG_3430 (resized).jpegIMG_3430 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3431 (resized).jpegIMG_3431 (resized).jpegIMG_3432 (resized).jpegIMG_3432 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#387 10 months ago

To answer this question…. If you buy the square post motor, all you have to do is drill out the rivets, split the case halves and swap the one gear/post.

IMG_3587 (resized).jpegIMG_3587 (resized).jpegIMG_3590 (resized).jpegIMG_3590 (resized).jpegIMG_3591 (resized).jpegIMG_3591 (resized).jpeg
#388 10 months ago

Can anyone tell me where the scarecrow flaher #23 is located? It doesn't flash & I don't see any flasher near him.

1 week later
#389 10 months ago

I have found a new issue. The Scarecrow VUK doesn't fire in game. The switch registers when a ball hits it, but the vuk won't fire until a ball seek. It works fine in test and works fine once ball seek starts. But it acts like the switch isn't registering. However I have tested it over and over in switch test and it works every time a ball sits on it.

#390 10 months ago
Quoted from RandyW:I have found a new issue. The Scarecrow VUK doesn't fire in game. The switch registers when a ball hits it, but the vuk won't fire until a ball seek. It works fine in test and works fine once ball seek starts. But it acts like the switch isn't registering. However I have tested it over and over in switch test and it works every time a ball sits on it.

What game code are you on?
Any board damage from batteries leaking or burnt connectors?

So, in game with glass off, drop the ball into the scarecrow, it registers the ball fell in, yes?

I would also ohm test the coil and test the diode (forgot if it is on board or coil) and also verify the transistor that drives it. Maybe it’s partial fail aka leaking current

2 months later
#391 7 months ago

Updated mods for your favourite pinball, check the updated gallery:

https://www.dystopicpinball.com/my-pinball-gallery/batman-the-dark-knight

if need info, just send me a mail or a whatsapp message.

thanks

2 months later
#392 5 months ago

Can someone point me to the correct standup target switch for the left Commissioner Gordon. Someone installed a narrow target and I would like to correct it.
The manual has a part number but I’m not able to find that exact one. Cut and paste below.

515-7568-08
Asm. Parts Included : Stack Sw. (180-5207-00) & 1" Square Target White (545-5470-08); Use 500-6984-08 to include : Bracket, Switch Mounting (535-6896-00), Anti-Loft Switch Back Plate (535-9823-01) & Silicone Foam Pad 3/16" (626-5078-00).

#393 5 months ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Can someone point me to the correct standup target switch for the left Commissioner Gordon. Someone installed a narrow target and I would like to correct it.
The manual has a part number but I’m not able to find that exact one. Cut and paste below.
515-7568-08
Asm. Parts Included : Stack Sw. (180-5207-00) & 1" Square Target White (545-5470-08); Use 500-6984-08 to include : Bracket, Switch Mounting (535-6896-00), Anti-Loft Switch Back Plate (535-9823-01) & Silicone Foam Pad 3/16" (626-5078-00).

So stern shows part 515-7568-08 and that is the fully assembled switch stack, aka "plug n play".
Then they break down the assembled (asm) parts to show swtich stack, target, foam, mounting bracket etc.
Looking online it seems that part has been eol or upgraded.
You can do a few things. You can find a 1"x1" target face and re-rivet it.
Buy a new switch stack or buy a new assembly.

here is a 1" stern/de white switch target
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-1-white-square-target-switch.html
marco
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-5162-08

you will need to verify if your switch has/needs a diode.

#394 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So stern shows part 515-7568-08 and that is the fully assembled switch stack, aka "plug n play".
Then they break down the assembled (asm) parts to show swtich stack, target, foam, mounting bracket etc.
Looking online it seems that part has been eol or upgraded.
You can do a few things. You can find a 1"x1" target face and re-rivet it.
Buy a new switch stack or buy a new assembly.
here is a 1" stern/de white switch target
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-1-white-square-target-switch.html
marco
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-5162-08
you will need to verify if your switch has/needs a diode.

Got it. Thank you! The switch requires a diode so three lugs. This looks like it will work. I’m going to get the upgraded anti sway bracket otherwise the stock bracket will need to be reused. I was expecting to find a full assembly. That fact and the part number change was throwing me off…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-no-bdk-owners-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.