IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
BDD60BF5-092B-4009-B801-FBC01F7F045C (resized).jpeg
IMG_3424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Plastic (resized).JPG
IMG_3869 (resized).JPG
IMG_3867 (resized).JPG

There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Yep, took a pic. Small piece of target foam on the left side of the bracket.

Ah, thanks that makes sense.

How did you get it in there and secure it? I don't really want to disassemble that whole section of the playfield as it looks like there's a lot to remove, but it looks like rather than stuck on you've fitted it above the scoop and underneath the plastic above to keep it held in place?

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

How did you get it in there and secure it? I don't really want to disassemble that whole section of the playfield as it looks like there's a lot to remove, but it looks like rather than stuck on you've fitted it above the scoop and underneath the plastic above to keep it held in place?

target foam should have a sticky back. If you pull the pf out some, you may be able to wiggle your hand/finger back there to apply it

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Gently grab the drop dead foam with a needle nose pliers than use the back side of a screwdriver to secure it.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

target foam should have a sticky back. If you pull the pf out some, you may be able to wiggle your hand/finger back there to apply it

Quoted from dug:

Gently grab the drop dead foam with a needle nose pliers than use the back side of a screwdriver to secure it.

Yep, what they said. The target foam has a sticky back, so peel and place. Dug’s idea is better than I probably did. I think I just balanced the foam on a long handled screwdriver and stuck it. Could explain why it’s off to the left. But it worked so I left it alone. Good luck!

1 week later
#306 3 years ago

Selling my friends BDK if anyone is new and looking for one, or you know someone looking to join the club

1 month later
#307 3 years ago

I'm joining the club this Friday. Does anyone have any suggestion for must-have mods?

Should I buy a spare crane just in case? If so, are they readily available?

2 weeks later
#308 3 years ago

Does anyone have a cliffy set for this pin they never installed? I am looking for one

#309 3 years ago

This club seems dead but I'll ask the question anyways. LOL. I have a situation where sometimes my flippers just quit for a second because the machines registering a ball drain when the ball is actually in play. Everything in the trough seems lined up. Anyone ever seen and issue of this nature?

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

This club seems dead but I'll ask the question anyways. LOL. I have a situation where sometimes my flippers just quit for a second because the machines registering a ball drain when the ball is actually in play. Everything in the trough seems lined up. Anyone ever seen and issue of this nature?

It losing count of your balls I would guess, go to switch test to make sure all the balls in the trough are registering. Are you getting any double feeds in the shooter lane? Might need to replace the opto boards there on the trough.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

It losing count of your balls I would guess, go to switch test to make sure all the balls in the trough are registering. Are you getting any double feeds in the shooter lane? Might need to replace the opto boards there on the trough.

I checked all three switches and they all registered fine. No double balls in the trough. I'll just be playing aand the flippers will shut down and it'll do that little noise it does at the end of every ball.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I checked all three switches and they all registered fine. No double balls in the trough. I'll just be playing aand the flippers will shut down and it'll do that little noise it does at the end of every ball.

Very possible the balls have magnetized and are screwing the trough reading.

Throw a new set of balls in and see if it fixes the problem.

I've seen this happen on many games (not just bdk)

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Very possible the balls have magnetized and are screwing the trough reading.
Throw a new set of balls in and see if it fixes the problem.
I've seen this happen on many games (not just bdk)

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll try it out.

3 weeks later
#314 2 years ago

New to the club. I loaded the 2.94 code and I have a question on the batpod multiball is there no music change or call outs? It just starts with and extra ball loading and some animation on the display.

1 week later
#315 2 years ago

PIN2DMD colorization available for BDK ?

I am searching high and low after a possible ROM file... Has anybody had any luck finding one ?

Thanks
Matt

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Just a follow up on this item. It ended up being the backside opto. The screw came loose

2 weeks later
#317 2 years ago

Hey friends! Been trying to figure out where this plastic belongs. My original was broken and I just found a replacement in my spare plastic set, but can’t find this one in the manual or tell where it belongs. It has -08 on it. Help?

7D71B822-7953-4948-B781-F4490331DD64 (resized).jpeg7D71B822-7953-4948-B781-F4490331DD64 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#318 2 years ago

Looks like the plastic that goes just above the top right pop bumper.

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looks like the plastic that goes just above the top right pop bumper.

Pic for reference

61135CF4-4445-4DC9-ACF6-83237E16298A (resized).jpeg61135CF4-4445-4DC9-ACF6-83237E16298A (resized).jpeg
#320 2 years ago

Thank you! Hope I can get to it without removing the upper playfield.

2 weeks later
#321 2 years ago

Hi,
if you are looking for Batman (and other pinball) mods check my mod list at this Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sQUuOYTcoNVUyCiY9ad0D1NXttV2xgxn/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

1 month later
#322 2 years ago

I just picked up a DK yesterday. It has spent it's entire life in a rental cabin, never been cleaned, and it shows!
I am working to bring it back to new condition and I need a couple of plastics... so far.

The Three I think, With arrows pointing to them, I need. They are the Joker plastic that says HaHaHaHa on it and the I think, two clear ones that go over the drop target lane. Does anyone have these available? Thanks!

BDK (resized).jpgBDK (resized).jpg
#323 2 years ago

Congrats and welcome!

The clear drop target protector was upgraded to the 2-layer version you have. Marco is sold out and it says unavailable so they may not be getting more in stock(?), but the link is https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5078-A3.

I also found it here: https://coinoppartsetc.com/product/everything-else-game-room-miscellaneous/batman-pinball-machine-game-joker-target-upgrade-502. Haven’t bought from here before, so consider it “at your own risk”.

But if you just need the lower one: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-6097-16

The other plastic (the HaHaHa one) is the most often broken and not found outside of a complete plastic set which I don’t see anywhere currently (part #803-5000-A3) for around $250. I can’t recommend the set on eBay from *pinballparts* as he’s been known to rip-off overseas buyers and buying from him is not recommended.

If you do manage to get one (or just want to protect the one you currently have), I’d recommend the protector set from Marco: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CG2060. They are clear and go under the often broken plastics to protect them.

Good luck!

#324 2 years ago

Thank you. That picture isn't of my table, it is one I found on this site. Looks like I will have to patch up the piece I have for now!

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I just picked up a DK yesterday. It has spent it's entire life in a rental cabin, never been cleaned, and it shows!
I am working to bring it back to new condition and I need a couple of plastics... so far.
The Three I think, With arrows pointing to them, I need. They are the Joker plastic that says HaHaHaHa on it and the I think, two clear ones that go over the drop target lane. Does anyone have these available? Thanks!
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1253-dystopic-pinball/03653-gate-protector-mod-batman-the-dark-knight-

#326 2 years ago

I am actually planning to order that and the spotlight from you... probably next week.
Still need the HaHaHaHa plastic, if anyone wants to let their spare go.

2 weeks later
#327 2 years ago

I am having an issue with the scarecrow VUK stacking up balls and getting stuck. During a multiball, 3 balls will stack up in the trough and that will be just enough to not allow the VUK to shoot the ball up into the ramp. I have seen where some people stated stern had a fix for this, but I can’t find anything on it.

Any help appreciated

1 month later
#328 2 years ago

Picked this up last week the same day I sold another pin. There was a good amount wrong with it and I’m planning on restoring it to its former glory. Already fixed - new shooter rod, rebuilt all three pop bumpers, fixed some switches, had to resolder the wires on the scarecrow for the spinner microswitch, ordered new center ramp (this one is bent from so many ball hits because the foam blue side pieces were gone). Still have some head scratching lights out under the reveal mech that’s giving me grief. Really happy with it and the wife loves it. Need to find some plastics!
FA3BBD91-1EF3-4195-91AA-F451D0A3D450 (resized).jpegFA3BBD91-1EF3-4195-91AA-F451D0A3D450 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#329 2 years ago

Just picked up an HUO BDK and I’m excited about it! Time to LED this puppy up, then, mods. I understand there’s a sound file upgrade, I’m all in on that, and I think I’m going to swap flying batman with a bat pod version or something. And of course, Joker.

But buying kids will have to wait till LOTR gets sold

2 weeks later
#330 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Just picked up an HUO BDK and I’m excited about it! Time to LED this puppy up, then, mods. I understand there’s a sound file upgrade, I’m all in on that, and I think I’m going to swap flying batman with a bat pod version or something. And of course, Joker.
But buying kids will have to wait till LOTR gets sold

If you find the sound file let me know. I've tried to find it a couple of times and was not successful. Well, I found some sound files but not the one everybody seems to like.

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

If you find the sound file let me know. I've tried to find it a couple of times and was not successful. Well, I found some sound files but not the one everybody seems to like.

Yes, I got it, Message McPit. It’s his work

Also, just made a bat signal mod using the tutorial from Batman 66. Painted it black and connected it to the back panel signal flasher. Absolutely love it! (And super hard to get a pic of it lit up )

0B91ADBC-F22A-44ED-9F0D-AB301ACFD84F (resized).jpeg0B91ADBC-F22A-44ED-9F0D-AB301ACFD84F (resized).jpegFB7CE98C-2186-4494-A3C1-1D7834BE33AE (resized).jpegFB7CE98C-2186-4494-A3C1-1D7834BE33AE (resized).jpeg
#332 2 years ago

is the gearbox for the crane user serviceable , or am I up for buying a new gearbox?.

1 month later
#333 2 years ago

Just joined the club this weekend. Fitting, as I have been a Bat fan my entire life, have a large collection of Bat items. It will sit alongside my DE Batman (give us a dang hardtop for this title, guys!!). And my Batman 66 when I get one. Might even have to consider getting another Batman Forever at that point, just to have 'em all. Many thanks to Everestsdad for taking such amazing care of this machine, the dude is a true pinhead. And of course, many thanks for selling it to me. It's in absolutely mint condition- you'd swear it just came out of the box. Added McPit's (thanks man!) sound file yesterday, a Colordmd today, and pinnovator kit/subwoofer arrive tomorrow. Excited for this machine!!

1 month later
#334 2 years ago

Hey so my route BDK has an issue and I’m not sure if it is a common one. The kicker at the joker lock is launching the ball into the plastic and if the joker is turned out, getting the ball stuck on him.

I pulled the coil and the stop isn’t broke, the kicker is hitting the wood. The gate works. Maybe the forks on the launcher are too spread apart and need to be brought together?

In test the coil fires pretty hard…. Has anyone seen this?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

EDIT:
Here is video in slow mo, Looks like the ball is getting launched and airborn into the gate bracket

#335 2 years ago

I bet the brackets are too far apart, I would try to bend those in or replace them and see where you are at. Second option might be to build a topper for the shute to keep the ball on the playfield

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I bet the brackets are too far apart, I would try to bend those in or replace them and see where you are at. Second option might be to build a topper for the shute to keep the ball on the playfield

I did bend the forks together again. But man it was goign so far forward.... so I ended up ordering the coil bracket, the full auto launch assembly and coil. I'll put that in and see if it changes it! I'll update.

I'm sad the launching broke the plastics :/ blah.....

1 week later
#337 2 years ago

So I had a new kicker arm mech, and a new coil stop bracket. I replaced those (kept original coil). And reinstalled. The kicker arm was sloppy like one of the bushings had left the building. New mech kicked a couple wild balls then calmed down to firing normal. Tested a handful of times and it seems to be resolved.

2 weeks later
#338 2 years ago

I sold my machine a while back and forgot I had this shooter rod.
If anybody is interested - it’s on ebay now.

04806374-C5A6-4007-BE06-A881E341F0AE (resized).jpeg04806374-C5A6-4007-BE06-A881E341F0AE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#339 2 years ago

Had a couple of messages the last few weeks asking for my sound and music modded code.

Drop me a PM with your email address if you want it.

I always said I'd go back to the code and tweak it but I never did.

6 months later
#340 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I had a new kicker arm mech, and a new coil stop bracket. I replaced those (kept original coil). And reinstalled. The kicker arm was sloppy like one of the bushings had left the building. New mech kicked a couple wild balls then calmed down to firing normal. Tested a handful of times and it seems to be resolved.

Just wanted to comment, this fixed the issue long term so far.

2 weeks later
#341 1 year ago

Pulled BDK off route to do a full shop job. Did anyone change the pop bumper color of body/skirt? curious if blue or purple would look good.

1 month later
#342 1 year ago

Has anyone ordered a super band kit from Marco for this game?
I did, in purple, and they look great.....but marco didn't ship me like half the rubbers and mentioned they only put in the kit what is called for and I am a tad confused as what exactly they mean, I know ring#12 the pf map vs the qty is off by 1 (should be 3 but says 2). however they didn't add in all the #14 7/16 posts but upper pf list is on a different page than the normal....so ya, just curious.

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Pulled BDK off route to do a full shop job. Did anyone change the pop bumper color of body/skirt? curious if blue or purple would look good.

didn't hear anything and the colors for body/skirt didn't match so stayed white

1 week later
#344 1 year ago

Putting back BDk and noticed the lights at the roll overs and next to joker aren’t lighting up. I went into test and there’s no test for them. I’m not done putting it all back but are these special lights/gi? That aren’t in test?

CB7401D2-6BB0-4AB4-85D7-A75217E8626D (resized).jpegCB7401D2-6BB0-4AB4-85D7-A75217E8626D (resized).jpeg

EDIT: don’t mind me! Fixed it. Sooo when I put the colordmd in, I asked about pulling a fuse for the power board or removing the board to save power. Pulling f1 was ok to cut power. We’ll I pulled f1 on the mpu not the power board put a fuse back in, all the lights work lol.

#345 1 year ago

Has anyone taken out the crane and joker motors to regrease them?

EDIT: I should say, the gear box, not the motor. They look sealed but they also have 4 screws, so it would need to be pried open.

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone taken out the crane and joker motors to regrease them?

No, not I.
But your posts for these things are great record keepers for when the time comes and needs to be done...

Thanks for your updates.
Glen

#347 1 year ago

I’m having a couple positions of scarecrow crane not register, the connection looks to be just two wires to a harness plug, but do the optos for the position of the crane have anything to do with this? Seems odd that 2 don’t work and the others do unless the wire harness has a break that disconnect in those positions…

#348 1 year ago

The crane was not registering hits on two places on the pf, middle ones, but would on the sides. I found via continuity testing and in game test of crane and switch test, that the wire(s) have an internal break that is only broken in those two spots...weird. I'm going to remake the harness but the molex plug looks super tiny for the pins. i thought i had some .062 but man the plug w/ pins looks even smaller than that! any idea?

EDIT: My "small" ones on hand look to be AMP .1 or so. I've ordered .062 from marco and hope they fit so i can remake the harness.

1 week later
#349 1 year ago

New pins from marco fit correctly. Rebuild the crane harness and it works great! only issue is the manual wanted a green shooter spring and man is that weak. I'm going to upgrade it red/purple/orange. Haven't decided. Game is back on route for people to play!

#350 1 year ago

Anyone get the ball stuck under the upper pf?

BBEC1F89-4330-4E2F-9B8F-F92C84312484 (resized).jpegBBEC1F89-4330-4E2F-9B8F-F92C84312484 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-no-bdk-owners-club/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.