IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
BDD60BF5-092B-4009-B801-FBC01F7F045C (resized).jpeg
IMG_3424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Plastic (resized).JPG
IMG_3869 (resized).JPG
IMG_3867 (resized).JPG

There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 6 years ago

a so small "club" for the BDK !?

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does any buddy know how to fix the crane from being wobbly when it moves?

Bump

#203 6 years ago

Have you checked how tight the screws are that mount it to the shaft ?

1 month later
#204 6 years ago

Got my tdk put back together...

Powder coated the legs, lockdown, sides, hinges and shooter housing ink black with purple flake in the clear coat.

Lighting is bad and the colour screams in real life. Camera does no justice.

IMG_20170512_203603 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_203603 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170512_203629 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_203629 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170512_203621 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_203621 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#205 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Got my tdk put back together...
Powder coated the legs, lockdown, sides, hinges and shooter housing ink black with purple flake in the clear coat.
Lighting is bad and the colour screams in real life. Camera does no justice.

I really like what you have done.....it would look amazing in person!

2 weeks later
#206 6 years ago

Is anyone aware of TDK pinblades. Other than mirror ones, I don't see anyone making/selling anything....

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Is anyone aware of TDK pinblades. Other than mirror ones, I don't see anyone making/selling anything....

I know there are a few city skyline themed ones that could work well, but I haven't seen any specific for BDK

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from maur:

I was talking to joeraptor2003 from pingraffix about it a while ago. We need some side blades and a speaker panel.

Gonna reopen that line with him, and see what can be done.

2 months later
#209 6 years ago

This game is so much better than it gets credit for.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

This game is so much better than it gets credit for.

Yes! It's still one of my favorites

3 weeks later
#211 6 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Something like this? https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/batman-the-dark-knight-gameblades

Finally I bought my first pinball, a very nice BDK. The previous owner has treated this beauty with care, but I'm still moving some LED's to get it just the way I like it. It had some small flaws; for example a broken switch (pop bumper spinner) and the missing Joker target upgrade (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5078-A3). The switch is already fixed and I ordered the upgrade kit (I found the broken old plastic inside the cabinet...).
IMG_8862.JPGIMG_8862.JPG

There was one small thing that bothered me.....pushing the cabinet or using the flipper bats ended up in automagically scoring 70 points? The malefactor in this mysterious behavior was the crane ball. When the ball touched the metal part of the play field, it magically adds up 70 points. To prevent this I've added a little piece of tape so the ball doesn't "connect" with the metal part anymore. Problem solved, but I wonder if others are experiencing this too and how did you solved it?
IMG_8860 (resized).JPGIMG_8860 (resized).JPG

Want to add a couple of extra figurines and maybe add an external subwoofer to it. Ordered @mcpit's sound mod, a huge progress in sound experience and a no brainer imho!

2 months later
#212 6 years ago

mcpit sound is absolutely necessary with this game!

Here is my 'Does it come in black?' edition

dk.JPGdk.JPG

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

mcpit sound is absolutely necessary with this game!
Here is my 'Does it come in black?' edition

I spy a white powder coat sample on sw

#214 6 years ago

Yeesssss never considered white before for a trim but the storm trooper white will be great I think

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yeesssss never considered white before for a trim but the storm trooper white will be great I think

It looked great on coin takers sw.

#216 6 years ago

It did, which is why I chose it, it was between red and white - stuck with white, cant find that pic anywhere though..

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

It did, which is why I chose it, it was between red and white - stuck with white, cant find that pic anywhere though..

Best I could find... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here/page/24#post-3907315

#218 6 years ago

Sling replacement day. Was hanging on by a hair. I ripped it off with ease.

IMG_20171125_123507 (resized).jpgIMG_20171125_123507 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#219 6 years ago

Does anyone know how to remove this damn screw? It just squeaks and spins when I try to remove it.

I’m trying to replace the scarecrow figure with the suited one.

F52E861B-2C2C-4508-8025-6306D16E0DCB (resized).jpegF52E861B-2C2C-4508-8025-6306D16E0DCB (resized).jpeg

#220 6 years ago

I can't remove the scarecrow either. I have an LED replacement to go in the pop bumper but struggling to get him off.

#221 6 years ago

Haven't looked myself, but is it possibly a nut underneath that keeps spinning, hence it won't unscrew until you keep the nit in place with a socket?

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Haven't looked myself, but is it possibly a nut underneath that keeps spinning, hence it won't unscrew until you keep the nit in place with a socket?

That's what I thought, but it's screwed into the pop bumper top, so you can remove 1 screw, but not the other.

1 week later
#223 6 years ago

I unscrewed it myself a couple of months ago, with no problems at all. You only have to be careful with the small wires from the spinner switch. There is definitely no bolt beneath the screw (at least not in my case).

#224 6 years ago

Got it! Easiest and best mods you can do to this game.

DA0A670F-31B9-4931-955C-B3EDFCB2197E (resized).jpegDA0A670F-31B9-4931-955C-B3EDFCB2197E (resized).jpeg

DC193630-723C-4162-B99B-61FE7DD1A2F5 (resized).jpegDC193630-723C-4162-B99B-61FE7DD1A2F5 (resized).jpeg

D335D7EC-1929-4BBF-ADC8-648E09DB8AA0 (resized).jpegD335D7EC-1929-4BBF-ADC8-648E09DB8AA0 (resized).jpeg

276E080C-DB69-49C2-B7DE-94B5FAE4A1BD (resized).jpeg276E080C-DB69-49C2-B7DE-94B5FAE4A1BD (resized).jpeg

6EE47B68-FE60-4AC2-B121-686EB43F95F1 (resized).jpeg6EE47B68-FE60-4AC2-B121-686EB43F95F1 (resized).jpeg

#225 6 years ago

I did the same Joker mod. Soooo much better. Wish he was just a bit shorter though (and MUCH cheaper). Scarecrow looks cool too.

1 week later
#226 6 years ago

Hey all, I am new to the owner's club and am having issues troubleshooting the Joker reveal...I made a separate topic to not hijack the thread, please respond there if you have any advice on how to get the motor working!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-tdk-joker-reveal-not-workinghelp

1 week later
#227 6 years ago

I replaced my Joker with this little guy....

20180123_185654 (resized).jpg20180123_185654 (resized).jpg

#228 6 years ago

That Joker looks good. Where did you get it?

1 week later
#229 6 years ago

Got him from Ebay

2 months later
#230 5 years ago

Alright guys! Found a BDK on route that the bar owner owns. Just cleaned it today and started adjusting switches that weren’t working.

Anyone see this left ramp do this?

In test the ramp coil just bounces it, doesn’t hold, if you press it twice it will pull it down seconds later and hold.

2 weeks later
#231 5 years ago

So the center ramp entrance switch diode was broke off the solder. Fixed that, but in test the ramp acts weird. In game the ramp seems to work without issue. Leaving that for now.

I got a black rubber kit as the slings were on their last thread. Not many rings, but does anyone have a estimate on time and difficulty replacing all the rubbers? It’s in a bar with not much table space so I don’t want to do it there if it sucks and requires lots of disassembly. Thanks!

Just dropped the sound mod light code on, fixed the sticky flipper buttons, switches and backbox ballast so now it should make the customers happy again!

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So the center ramp entrance switch diode was broke off the solder. Fixed that, but in test the ramp acts weird. In game the ramp seems to work without issue. Leaving that for now.
I got a black rubber kit as the slings were on their last thread. Not many rings, but does anyone have a estimate on time and difficulty replacing all the rubbers? It’s in a bar with not much table space so I don’t want to do it there if it sucks and requires lots of disassembly. Thanks!
Just dropped the sound mod light code on, fixed the sticky flipper buttons, switches and backbox ballast so now it should make the customers happy again!

I don't have an exact time because I did it in stages and that was a couple years ago but I don't remember any real tough ones. I believe it was pretty straight forward.

2 weeks later
#233 5 years ago

Unable to locate the blue ramp entrance bumpers. Does anywhere know where to pick them up? #626-5085-00. I'd even take the thinner version. Not sure of that part number though. Thanks.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Unable to locate the blue ramp entrance bumpers. Does anywhere know where to pick them up? #626-5085-00. I'd even take the thinner version. Not sure of that part number though. Thanks.

Looks like Suzo Happ is restocking 7/10/18, you could either email PBL or marco and see if their stock will be refreshed as well.

#235 5 years ago

Thanks, yeah that's all I found as well. Was hoping to get them a bit sooner... I'll email marco and talk to Terry up at PBL. I might be able to find something similar that I could make work.

#236 5 years ago

Joker drop target deflector available anywhere?

1 week later
#237 5 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Joker drop target deflector available anywhere?

what is the part #

#238 5 years ago

Are you guys referring to this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5078-A3

Part #: 502-5078-A3

Google that number abd there's a few places that have it in stock

#239 5 years ago

Thanks! That was it. Ordered it up.

4 weeks later
#240 5 years ago

Has anyone had problems with any of the crane switches failing? Currently my #57 switch on the crane (in front of the joker) is failing which really screws up the scarecrow multiball. It looks like they are surface mount optos on the board under the crane, but I haven't taken it apart to really check it out? Anyone know anything about those and what could cause one to fail?

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Has anyone had problems with any of the crane switches failing? Currently my #57 switch on the crane (in front of the joker) is failing which really screws up the scarecrow multiball. It looks like they are surface mount optos on the board under the crane, but I haven't taken it apart to really check it out? Anyone know anything about those and what could cause one to fail?

try cleaning the optos with a q-tip and alcohol and check the connections.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

try cleaning the optos with a q-tip and alcohol and check the connections.

Got a chance to look at it today and pretty quickly realized it wasn't the only switch not working. Had a wire become disconnected and it cut out a line in the switch matrix. Luckily no issue with the actual opto. Thanks

1 month later
#243 5 years ago

I put the coin taker led kit in bdk, but noticed the lower right sling and Outlane lights out. I didn’t bring my dmm, but was curious if anyone had reference that it may be a fuse for that side? I checked the connectors and they seemed fine, wiggled the bulbs and no flicker. From what I noticed all the old incandescent bulbs were not on down there before so no real reference.
BB4B94BC-3D6C-4098-8F66-BCAFD72E1B7B (resized).jpegBB4B94BC-3D6C-4098-8F66-BCAFD72E1B7B (resized).jpeg

EDIT: found an old pic. Can confirm all the lower lights were out and the same left side issue. Except the right was just the inlane and sling bulbs were bad

FA03F188-400E-4F5A-8AF0-9630F946709B (resized).jpegFA03F188-400E-4F5A-8AF0-9630F946709B (resized).jpeg
#244 5 years ago

Looking to get back into the BDK club. I traded mine for a grail pin and I really miss it. Looking for a low play HUO BDK, any leads appreciated.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looking to get back into the BDK club. I traded mine for a grail pin and I really miss it. Looking for a low play HUO BDK, any leads appreciated.

Ever been to Canada ...

1 month later
#247 5 years ago

Very excited to be joining the BDK club this weekend. Trading a really nice, mint cond pin for one with low plays, HUO. I’ve always liked the look of this pin, and the gameplay (especially with the upgraded sound package) is really unique. Just a fun pin and one I’m hoping to keep around a long while! Some great mods too - (Tilt Graphics night city skyline blades, and Top Notch Targets cushion decals, etc.). Good stuff.

#248 5 years ago

I still need to revisit the sound files and tidy them up.

#249 5 years ago

The Dark Knight is in the house tonight! Thrilled to join the club. Gorgeous Gomez pin is easy for casual players and deep enough with some very fun shots for better players. Not the punishing pin that Tron or others are, but really fun and fantastic looking. Much improved sound package too! Wish I still had my Spider-Man to pair with it. Very happy to land this dark, somewhat underrated pin in a trade.

IMG_5059 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5059 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5060 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5060 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5061 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5061 (1) (resized).jpg
#250 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The Dark Knight is in the house tonight! Thrilled to join the club. Gorgeous Gomez pin is easy for casual players and deep enough with some very fun shots for better players. Not the punishing pin that Tron or others are, but really fun and fantastic looking. Much improved sound package too! Wish I still had my Spider-Man to pair with it. Very happy to land this dark, somewhat underrated pin in a trade.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

does your seesaw have green lights installed..looks good and would like add to mine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-no-bdk-owners-club/page/5?hl=maur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.