IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
BDD60BF5-092B-4009-B801-FBC01F7F045C (resized).jpeg
IMG_3424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Plastic (resized).JPG
IMG_3869 (resized).JPG
IMG_3867 (resized).JPG
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 8 years ago

Just to put this joker motor wiring issue to bed - the joker motor assembly I purchased new was wired incorrectly. I had to move the wires in the 5-pin connector so they matched the cabinet connector colors. The motor still didn't work, so I had to troubleshoot the board and found a bad solder repair on the Q30 transistor. Replaced this and cleaned up the traces, and the joker motor is working now. Thanks to everyone who helped with this.

2 weeks later
#152 8 years ago

Does any other BDK owner have interest in repro cabinet decals? I located a source, and the more sets purchased, the cheaper they will be. If you would like a set of decals, please let me know asap.

1 month later
#153 7 years ago

I added a few more items to my game, check these out, some you have seen. I also took a roll of 15 foot roll of led's and cut a piece of cardboard the exact size so I could wedge it in place, and I installed a remote that allows me to have the backbox lights at 100%, 50%, 25% or off, and I can make them flash too.. cost me about 12 bucks to do it, and really brings out the details in the translite, I got this idea from a buddy and added these bat signal lights to the bottom and back of the game, 10 bucks on Amazon..

DSC02261_(resized).JPGDSC02261_(resized).JPG
DSC02262_(resized).JPGDSC02262_(resized).JPG
DSC02263_(resized).JPGDSC02263_(resized).JPG
DSC02264_(resized).JPGDSC02264_(resized).JPG
DSC02265_(resized).JPGDSC02265_(resized).JPG
DSC02266_(resized).JPGDSC02266_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#154 7 years ago

Hey guys, i have a BDK and love the game - i even wrote a rulesheet for it:

http://papa.org/wp-content/uploads/Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Rulesheet-English.pdf

i have a problem with it that maybe someone can help with - yesterday i found that i had lost my coil power, and the culprit was a blown F10 fuse (5A slo-blo). A replacement just blew again straightaway so i put a circuit breaker in and watched as i turned it on - there was smoke! i finally found the smoke was coming from the joker motor under his biscuit barrel, so what's going on there then? is it toast? what happened to it and is there a way to test if it's definitely knackered please? for now i've just disconnected the motor power and the game plays just fine without it, but i was wondering - what are these things on the connector that look like varistor/thermistor diodes? i'm familiar with seeing these in power boxes to protect either my house from the game (reduce current inrush with thermistor) or my game from lightning (varistor) but i'm, not sure which these are, and why they're here on the Joker motor. hmmmm...

so what are the discs in the yellow and the white arrows? capacitors? for what? thermistors?

wtf are those discs then?wtf are those discs then?

oh, and i have a couple of add-ons to install, Harvey as two-face and a Bat Signal lamp
2face_and_bat_signal_lamp_(resized).jpg2face_and_bat_signal_lamp_(resized).jpgtwoface_(resized).jpgtwoface_(resized).jpgbat_signal_lamp_(resized).jpgbat_signal_lamp_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#155 7 years ago

Hey all, been a lurker on the site for a couple years and 2 days ago i just got my first pin which is a bdk. Overall its in great shape with just a couple little things going on id like to work on.

Wondering if the joker lock not always catching the ball is a normal thing most people experience or if it means im requiring a fix. I saw someone on this thread mention the ball gets stuck, mine doesnt get stuck just doesnt grab sometimes, unsure if its intended.

Also i have an external powered sub onkyo that just has one rca jack input in the back. Do i just need some sort of rca adapter from rca to speaker wire that i hook on the internal speaker to run it?? I read through a few threads on here but saw only 1 mention of this situation.

Just have the one photo on my phone could post more later of the machine.

Edit: lol just realized the front plate is off my pin in this photo. The trim and door and legs are powdercoated white

20160809_194314_(resized).jpg20160809_194314_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#156 7 years ago

Been a long time coming, but I can finally join the club! Picked mine up yesterday (9 hours round-trip) and will be unloading it at lunch today. Looking forward to playing (and modding) it. It's a pretty stock player's game with a couple nicks and dings, so pics would be fairly basic.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Been a long time coming, but I can finally join the club! Picked mine up yesterday (9 hours round-trip) and will be unloading it at lunch today. Looking forward to playing (and modding) it. It's a pretty stock player's game with a couple nicks and dings, so pics would be fairly basic.

congrats! its a great game and me and my buddies play it all the time! get the movie sounds mod, subwoofer for sure!!

1 week later
#158 7 years ago

My game is missing the Batman figure. I have a suitable replacement but can't figure out how it was mounted. I know it's "original" position is diving from the upper playfield. But I don't see a bracket or anything that it may have been attached to. Can anyone post pics of how it's attached? Thanks!

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

My game is missing the Batman figure. I have a suitable replacement but can't figure out how it was mounted. I know it's "original" position is diving from the upper playfield. But I don't see a bracket or anything that it may have been attached to. Can anyone post pics of how it's attached? Thanks!

I can take a pic for you in the morning if no one else has by then.

2 weeks later
#160 7 years ago

Got a BDK a few weeks ago. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but how hard is it to remove the wrecking ball? It's a bit dull and I'd like to polish it.

Also, how hard is it to remove the pivot ramp assembly. I'd like to clean it up a bit.

Thanks.

2 weeks later
#161 7 years ago

Still looking for a pic of how the Batman figure mounts. Also how tall is the figure that came with the game? The one I picked up may be short. Thanks!

#162 7 years ago

Does anyone have a good quality scan of the original instruction card for BTDK ?

1 month later
#163 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Does anyone have a good quality scan of the original instruction card for BTDK ?

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/batman/batman/439/Batman_TDK_Manual.pdf

Section 2, Chapter 1, page 6

#164 7 years ago

Found my mounting bracket for my Batman figure. Now I need to know how tall the figure that came with the game is. Mine is missing and I've been trying to find a replacement. The one I have seems short, but I've read that it is compared to the other figures.

Can anyone help out with a height and/or which figure is a suitable replacement (and not the $75 one)?

Thanks

#165 7 years ago

Did a speaker panel decal for my machine. Can do extra ones if anybody wants one $35

20161125_145214 (resized).jpg20161125_145214 (resized).jpg

20161118_160559 (resized).jpg20161118_160559 (resized).jpg

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I added a few more items to my game, check these out, some you have seen. I also took a roll of 15 foot roll of led's and cut a piece of cardboard the exact size so I could wedge it in place, and I installed a remote that allows me to have the backbox lights at 100%, 50%, 25% or off, and I can make them flash too.. cost me about 12 bucks to do it, and really brings out the details in the translite, I got this idea from a buddy and added these bat signal lights to the bottom and back of the game, 10 bucks on Amazon..

Nice but sorry to say you used the wrong bat symbol for The Dark Knight Batman.

#167 7 years ago

Thanks. I did eventually find one and printed it out on yellow card. I think I'm the only person in the world that prefers the original cards to the flashy free play cards.

#168 7 years ago

Well you're smarter than me then. I ordered one from Marco. Figured it was worth it because it was cheap and I was putting an order in anyway. It came and it's nice, but it's white not yellow for some reason. The part number even ends in -Y.

That's when I found it in the manual.

Now if only I can get someone to tell me how tall their Batman figure is...

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Well you're smarter than me then. I ordered one from Marco. Figured it was worth it because it was cheap and I was putting an order in anyway. It came and it's nice, but it's white not yellow for some reason. The part number even ends in -Y.

So sorry it took so long. Every time I checked the forum I was at work or out and kept forgetting.

Up here at 5am for a flight Christmas morning, so I hopped down for ya.

Merry holidays!

IMG_20161225_052020 (resized).jpgIMG_20161225_052020 (resized).jpg

#170 7 years ago

Awesome! Thank you so much! So he's about 5 inches. The one I have is definitely too short. My search for a replacement continues.

Merry Holidays @Meegis!

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

If you want an original yellow card this is the card that Stern recommends. Just print the scan on a decent printer. That is how I did mine.

http://www.supplyways.com/Solar-Yellow-Wausau-Paper-Astrobrights-22731-p/nabsy1165.htm

#172 7 years ago

Thanks! That's my plan going forward. But it I'm hoping to find the paper at a local craft store so I can get the one sheet I need. I ordered from Marco before I found the card in the manual, so I have no worries about printing it.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Thanks! That's my plan going forward. But it I'm hoping to find the paper at a local craft store so I can get the one sheet I need. I ordered from Marco before I found the card in the manual, so I have no worries about printing it.

Shame you are in the US or I would have posted them out to you. I bought a multipack of card because I had other games that I needed to do also.

#174 7 years ago

No worries here, but thank you anyway.

1 week later
#175 7 years ago

Latest grill skin add-on. Looks good. Not Joker approved. HA HA!!!!!

003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG
TDK (15) (resized).JPGTDK (15) (resized).JPG

#176 7 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the ball hanging up on the right side of the Joker gate? Happens quite a bit on mine and it takes either a good shake to get it out (could explain why the tilt bob was missing) or wait for the ball search (the drop target popping back up frees it).

Any suggestions welcome.

IMG_2803 (resized).JPGIMG_2803 (resized).JPG

IMG_2805 (resized).JPGIMG_2805 (resized).JPG

IMG_2804 (resized).JPGIMG_2804 (resized).JPG

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Has anyone had issues with the ball hanging up on the right side of the Joker gate? Happens quite a bit on mine and it takes either a good shake to get it out (could explain why the tilt bob was missing) or wait for the ball search (the drop target popping back up frees it).
Any suggestions welcome.

Previous owner of the TDK I just sold bent the gate so that it covered more of the area where your ball is getting stuck. This seemed to prevent the ball from getting wedged between gate and the side

#178 7 years ago

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

2 weeks later
#179 7 years ago

Added this today. It flashes with the Bat Signal light in the back panel.

IMG_7792.JPGIMG_7792.JPG

#180 7 years ago

Any of you guys get a chance to play a Batman '66 yet and compare? At first glance it looked like they took BDK and made a bunch of improvements, but now seeing video and hearing opinions, it sounds like it might not have really been an improvement after all. I've always been a fan of BDK, but haven't gotten a chance to own one yet. B'66 had me pretty excited at first, but now I'm not sure if I'm seeing much improvement over BDK afterall. Thoughts from BDK fans?

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Any of you guys get a chance to play a Batman '66 yet and compare? At first glance it looked like they took BDK and made a bunch of improvements, but now seeing video and hearing opinions, it sounds like it might not have really been an improvement after all. I've always been a fan of BDK, but haven't gotten a chance to own one yet. B'66 had me pretty excited at first, but now I'm not sure if I'm seeing much improvement over BDK afterall. Thoughts from BDK fans?

Not a massive difference. Slight difference in shots, but same general layout. The modes right now are basic and code will change things up, but I find it almost aggravating because if you know bdk you are aiming for the wrong shots.

I like the colours of bm66, but the overall package of tdk gets me more. Especially is you spice it up with some LEDs and other minor stuff.

The spinning disc in bm66 is not as impressive as I hoped. It's almost too bulky in my opinion.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Had a BDK and sold it to buy BM66 premium. Kept BM66 for 2-3 weeks and got rid of it. It will get better with code but for the money I'd just stick with BDK

#183 7 years ago

Sold my HUO BDK knowing I was getting BMLE, thinking I only needed one BM pin. Likely should have kept it, and had
both.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Any suggestions welcome.

You've checked the leveling and the pitch of the game?

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Careful, some know it all, buzz kill will tell you that you have the wrong era bat symbol BTW, I think it looks nice...been thinking of adding one myself

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

You've checked the leveling and the pitch of the game?

I did when I set it up a few months ago. But good point, I'll check it again this weekend. Based on how 'settled' it is when it hangs up though, I can't imagine that the pitch will make much difference(it seems that raising the pitch might make it worse, and lowering it would make the game slow/"floaty"). Just seems like the bottom of the gate should extend further right than it does.

And I put a tilt bob in it now, so ball search is how I'm freeing it up now.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Careful, some know it all, buzz kill will tell you that you have the wrong era bat symbol BTW, I think it looks nice...been thinking of adding one myself

Mine is the Limited Edition Multi Batman model.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

That looks cool! Where did you find that search light?

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

That looks cool! Where did you find that search light?

Here it is. They are quite common so you should have no problem finding one over in your neck of the woods.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132028036623

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Here it is. They are quite common so you should have no problem finding one over in your neck of the woods.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132028036623

Thanks. Never seen them before. Does it run on 12V or 6V?

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Thanks. Never seen them before. Does it run on 12V or 6V?

A 3v coin cell as supplied. I removed the coin cell and soldered wires to the cell connectors. These are then connected in parallel with the back panel flasher. Finally you need to add a resistor in series so that the higher voltage from the flasher won't blow the LED in the mod. I need to change the value of the resistor (currently a 500 ohm 1 watt resistor should really be about 800) as it is currently being over driven a tad. It would probably be ok as it just flashes briefly but it is easier to change the resistor than change a burnt out led in the Bat Signal Mod.

Took about 1/2 hour from start to finish.

#192 7 years ago

By the way. I am not claiming this as my mod. I took 90% of what this guy did and tweaked it slightly to work in my BTDK. All credit should go to docquest

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-batsignal-mod-tutorial-for-batman66#post-3569972

3 weeks later
#193 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

By the way. I am not claiming this as my mod. I took 90% of what this guy did and tweaked it slightly to work in my BTDK. All credit should go to docquest
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-batsignal-mod-tutorial-for-batman66#post-3569972

Any chance you and/or docquest could offer this as a mod for BDK?

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from smkalien:

Any chance you and/or docquest could offer this as a mod for BDK?

Not cost effective for me to do it mate. Postage from the UK would be crippling.

4 weeks later
#195 7 years ago

Anyone have pics of the rubbers on each side of the center ramp? The sides of the ramp entrance are taking a beating on my game. The rubbers are there, but I'm assuming they should extend beyond the metal edges of the ramp?

I found the part number in the manual (Rubber bumper pad blue #626-5085-00) and I see that Marco has them along with their recommended screws for them (4004-01041-06). I'd like to see how it supposed to look if anyone can help. Also looks like I may have to fix the ramps as they are a bit mushroomed from taking hits.

Thanks!

#196 7 years ago

Does any buddy know how to fix the crane from being wobbly when it moves?

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Anyone have pics of the rubbers on each side of the center ramp? The sides of the ramp entrance are taking a beating on my game. The rubbers are there, but I'm assuming they should extend beyond the metal edges of the ramp?
I found the part number in the manual (Rubber bumper pad blue #626-5085-00) and I see that Marco has them along with their recommended screws for them (4004-01041-06). I'd like to see how it supposed to look if anyone can help. Also looks like I may have to fix the ramps as they are a bit mushroomed from taking hits.
Thanks!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Here ya go...

(Yes my joker plastic is cracked)

IMG_20170331_172514 (resized).jpgIMG_20170331_172514 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170331_172536 (resized).jpgIMG_20170331_172536 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170331_172530 (resized).jpgIMG_20170331_172530 (resized).jpg

#198 7 years ago

Meegis to the rescue again! Thank you! My suspicion is correct. I've added the rubbers and screws to my Marco shopping cart.

Bummer about your air ball deflector. You even have the 'updated' one that was an attempt to keep it from breaking. I put a new one on right after I got mine. Have you tried the reinforcement for the drop target? I bought one but didn't put it on yet.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

meegis to the rescue again! Thank you! My suspicion is correct. I've added the rubbers and screws to my Marco shopping cart.
Bummer about your air ball deflector. You even have the 'updated' one that was an attempt to keep it from breaking. I put a new one on right after I got mine. Have you tried the reinforcement for the drop target? I bought one but didn't put it on yet.

Not sure where to get the deflector piece to replace mine actually.

And any time you need anything, just ask. I'll snap pics no problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-no-bdk-owners-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.