IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
BDD60BF5-092B-4009-B801-FBC01F7F045C (resized).jpeg
IMG_3424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Plastic (resized).JPG
IMG_3869 (resized).JPG
IMG_3867 (resized).JPG

There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 9 years ago

BDK is a badass pin and deserves to have its own Members thread like the T2 one! Where are all the mods and custom LED pics and videos. Lets go Gotham, we gotta get our shit together!

P.S. I am finally in the club. Already in the hole $400 for a shaker and led's. Gonna need a few plastics and decals too, if anyone has a half set or loose set of plastics please hit me up. I'll post pics later on.

EDIT: This is now the unofficially official BDK owners thread by request of many Pinsider PM's. Thanks to all of those owners who have and are participating in the conversation!

#2 9 years ago

Baddass, huh? Does anyone want to buy mine in that case?

(I'm in the "club", but I'm not entirely satisfied with it. Will be looking to part with mine in the coming months.)

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

BDK is a badass pin and deserves to have its own Members thread like the T2 one! Where are all the mods and custom LED pics and videos. Lets go Gotham, we gotta get our shit together!
P.S. I am finally in the club. Already in the hole $400 for a shaker and led's. Gonna need a few plastics and decals too, if anyone has a half set or loose set of plastics please hit me up. I'll post pics later on.

Looks like you need to start it!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Baddass, huh? Does anyone want to buy mine in that case?
(I'm in the "club", but I'm not entirely satisfied with it. Will be looking to part with mine in the coming months.)

If the price is right, maybe.

#5 9 years ago

I would like the original key chain plastic for the BDK. If anyone has one to sale please let me know

#6 9 years ago

Guess you gotta start somewhere

alone.jpgalone.jpg

#7 9 years ago

*crickets*

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

BDK is one game that really benefits from Led's tastefully done.
Congrats

#9 9 years ago

got this BDK recently stock and this was my first pin LED job.... totally changes the look of the play field.... very awesome looking pin with LEDs from coin taker...

IMG_1223.jpgIMG_1223.jpg
#11 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Guess you gotta start somewhere

alone.jpg 159 KB

You mean spirited bastid. If that were the case how come they seem so hard to come by. Owners tend to hold onto em... Whatevs! I put bdk up with lotr and tspp. The shaker and leds are a must. Sub woofer too.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

You mean spirited bastid. If that were the case how come they seem so hard to come by. Owners tend to hold onto em... Whatevs! I put bdk up with lotr and tspp. The shaker and leds are a must. Sub woofer too.

Or there could be very few people that actually own it..

I agree on the LED part. A sub and shaker probably is a must, but I live in a second level apartment, so I won't get to try those until I move out elsewhere, haha.. I'm not a fan of the stock incandescent look on this game, and when I changed the bulbs out for plain/cool white and domed purplish "warm" white (not really) colors, the game looked a lot more natural. Got to have something that works with all the light greys and mixture of purples across the playfield. I'll have to take some photos of my LED setup, assuming they will show up OK in photos.

#13 9 years ago

Here are some pics of my game with LEDs. Funny thing is, photos make the game look waaaay brighter than it really is, so the effect is mostly lost. I took an in-the-dark picture at the end, with the glass on and the "flourescent" lighting mode going on my camera, and that shot gives a better idea of what the game looks like. Still about four or five times as bright as it actually looks in person though!

I have all the spot lamps using incandescent-styled LEDs, and those are giving everything in the camera a much warmer look than it actually does in person. I'd like to change these out to cool white regardless, or some other less-natural color.

1.jpg1.jpg

2.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg4.jpg

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Nem, you know I was joking...now let's put a smile on that face.

Heath-Ledger-in-his-role-as-The-Joker-in-The-Dark-Knight-1907642.jpgHeath-Ledger-in-his-role-as-The-Joker-in-The-Dark-Knight-1907642.jpg
#15 9 years ago

BdK is a great pin and deserves his own fanclub. Ideas for mods? See

Since than replaced the standing Batman figure with batman on a batpod.

foto 1.JPGfoto 1.JPG
foto 2.JPGfoto 2.JPG

Also added speaker lightning (blue)

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Nem, you know I was joking...now let's put a smile on that face.

Heath-Ledger-in-his-role-as-The-... 34 KB

Yup hahaha! I love it!

#17 9 years ago

Btw looks like I am missing a key plastic or two. The one for sure that is gawdy and stands out is the plastic that covers the joker lock ball (behind the first combo target between the joker drop target and the left loop.

And holy smokes Batman I need DECALS, please tell me I can download them somewhere, anywhere, so I can print them on laserjet decal paper and laminate.... please?

IMG_1959.JPGIMG_1959.JPG
IMG_1958-315.JPGIMG_1958-315.JPG
IMG_1960.JPGIMG_1960.JPG
IMG_1963.JPGIMG_1963.JPG

Also, I got the Pinballbulbs.com BDK full led kit. Normally I dont get LED Kits, I enjoy pimping out a game on my own, but they did such a good job matching the Batman theme and it livens the playfield but not in an overpowering gawdy way, that I did not hesitate. The price was right. To be fair I did glance over the Cointaker kit as they make primo stuff, but perhaps the kit is too loud for the *Dark* Knight theme. See below for what I compared:

Pinballbulbs kit:
bdk_after.jpgbdk_after.jpg

Cointakers kit:
IMG_3503.jpgIMG_3503.jpg

Led vs Stock
IMG_1957.JPGIMG_1957.JPG

#18 9 years ago

Nevermind, a little more hard core googling found me this:
http://www.pinballdecals.com/BatmanTargetDecalsPage.html

But it doesnt have a joker target decal :/

#19 9 years ago

Thumbs up on your choice to go with the Pinball bulbs kit. I like the dominant blue color over the purple. Comparing to the stock bulbs it seems brighter in the flipper area - where it really counts.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Nevermind, a little more hard core googling found me this:
http://www.pinballdecals.com/BatmanTargetDecalsPage.html
But it doesnt have a joker target decal :/

I bought the same decal kit for my machine. There's no need for a Joker target decal though, there's supposed to be a stock one already on the drop target (unless yours is missing?).

There is also a different kit on eBay right now. Maybe check that and see which one you like better? Link: ebay.com link: BATMAN STERN Pinball Machine Mod Target Cushioned Decals SALE

For the Joker protector plastics, follow this link and find "Batman". I ordered one from this site a couple of weeks ago. Definitely is something that should be on your game, I was getting airballs just about every time I hit the drop. It helps big-time! Link: http://www.actionpinball.com/parts1.htm#69

#21 9 years ago

Mine is missing.... I think I may have to make on my own.

#22 9 years ago

Is it true you can lower the bat gadget collection requirements in the settings to make the game less extensive on making the wizard mode?

#23 9 years ago

I will have to double check. I want to say the stock setting is Easy for the gadget collection requirements, but I could be wrong. If the default is "Normal", then yes, you should be able to lower the requirement. One thing I personally did was set the Batmobile to Hard (or extra hard? whatever the highest one is). This makes you have to hit the Batmobile ramp six times before starting the hurry-up, which gives you a better head start on the gadgets via the mini playfield. Unfortunately, it resets back to Easy after completing it, which means you can only get two mini playfield shots before starting (and timing out) the hurry-up. Programming oversight, maybe?

#24 9 years ago

akm can you tell by my pics what plastics or posts I am missing? I have this crazy cheesegrater metal cover over my joker lock ball kicker.

#25 9 years ago

It looks like you are missing a few spot lamp covers (not sure if that's intentional or not). Asides from that, the Joker protector plastic set, and the cheese grater thing (weird! haven't seen that one before!), all looks normal to me.

#26 9 years ago

does anyones ball get stuck on the one way gate entering joker lock spot? sometimes i hot the ball in the joker spot and i guess the gate doesn't come down fast enough and it shoots back towards my flippers and drains sometimes. Not sure what the issue is other than trying to adjust that metal shim that hand off the gate... any ideas? the ball gets stuck by not rolling to the left and entering the lock hole position. The ball will sit there until the game realizes there is no action and the joker drop target will raise up and that eventually knocks my ball to the left lock hole.

#27 9 years ago

Make sure your game is level. May need to steepen it too. I have the ball get caught on the gate as well, but it always rolls over to the kicker on its own as it should.

I kind of like how the gate sometimes doesn't come down quick enough and the ball flies back. Most of the shots in the game are pretty safe, so it's nice having something else asides from the center ramp that keeps you on your toes.

#28 9 years ago

just something random my wife noticed that i never paid attention to... when you go into scarecrow multi ball the voice states thats not my toxin you are seeing three balls at once but i only get a two ball multi ball.... anyone else experiencing that?

#29 9 years ago

I've had mine for some time now and still love playing it. Full Chrome Cabinet Trim makes this title POP! Shaker, Sub and LED's a must. Also added the LED panel for the Backbox. -Joe

DSC04880 - Copy.JPGDSC04880 - Copy.JPG
DSC04881.JPGDSC04881.JPG
041.JPG041.JPG
21.JPG21.JPG

#30 9 years ago

this is how me and my wife look when we play BDK

IMG_0415.jpgIMG_0415.jpg
#31 9 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

just something random my wife noticed that i never paid attention to... when you go into scarecrow multi ball the voice states thats not my toxin you are seeing three balls at once but i only get a two ball multi ball.... anyone else experiencing that?

Depends on which version of the code you are running.

From the readme file.

V2.94 - May 6, 2010 (SYS. 1.56)
===================================

- Scarecrow multiball demoted back down to 2 balls instead of 3.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is it true you can lower the bat gadget collection requirements in the settings to make the game less extensive on making the wizard mode?

So any answers on this? Thanks

#34 9 years ago

I'm still at work as of writing this, so I can't check... yet.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I'm still at work as of writing this, so I can't check... yet.

Cool. No prob AKM. Maybe someone else can check it out for me, thanks

#36 9 years ago

I just checked and yes, the setting goes all the way down to "extra easy". I had mine on Normal. Changed it to extra easy, and it does in fact progress through the parts faster. It still helps to get the lights lit before sending the ball up there though.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I just checked and yes, the setting goes all the way down to "extra easy". I had mine on Normal. Changed it to extra easy, and it does in fact progress through the parts faster. It still helps to get the lights lit before sending the ball up there though.

Awesome! Thanks for the update AKM. Now if I could only find a BDK locally to play or even buy

#38 9 years ago

SOOOOOOOO my shaker motor kit came in, and I peeked into the bottom of the cab for the first time. Guess what the op forgot to raid!? :DDDDDDDDD :DDDDDDDDDDD

IMG_1984.JPGIMG_1984.JPG

Decals and plastics baby!!!!

Who wants to trade? I need the Joker protector plastic set, I got these 4 for trade.

#39 9 years ago

GOT MY DECALS YAWL!!!!

#40 9 years ago

Oh and there was obviously the full goodie bag with the manual with those decals in there and the spare wireform.

#41 9 years ago

Nobody has spare joker section plastics? Can someone 3d print me sum? :/ Would stern hook me upS?

#42 9 years ago

Does BDK support shaker motors?

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does BDK support shaker motors?

Yes it does.

#44 9 years ago

yes it does support shakers, i wish it was more interactive during game play though.... i almost forget that its there sometimes when playing...

i had a tron pin first and that shaker interaction is awesome and makes BDK look weak

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

yes it does support shakers, i wish it was more interactive during game play though.... i almost forget that its there sometimes when playing...
i had a tron pin first and that shaker interaction is awesome and makes BDK look weak

No way bro, it is tasteful. It rocks the cab when it needs to when you interact with game modes. I disagree!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

No way bro, it is tasteful. It rocks the cab when it needs to when you interact with game modes. I disagree!

not even close to tron

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

not even close to tron

ok now you pushed me... I gotta say it,
Tron is a VASTLY overrated pos. It produces a fun fast paced game 35% of the time, the rest is a drain monster snooze fest.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

SOOOOOOOO my shaker motor kit came in, and I peeked into the bottom of the cab for the first time. Guess what the op forgot to raid!? :DDDDDDDDD :DDDDDDDDDDD

let me know how your shaker install goes im thinking of adding one to my bdk. gotta fix my left flipper first.

Decals and plastics baby!!!!
Who wants to trade? I need the Joker protector plastic set, I got these 4 for trade.

IMG_1984.JPG 179 KB

#49 9 years ago

Folks, how about some fanboy talk on the rules and gameplay? Each time I consider this tittle o end up having a really long, anti-climactic game. What am I doing wrong? Why is BDK worthy of a fan club? Pretty lEDs dont count.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Folks, how about some fanboy talk on the rules and gameplay? Each time I consider this tittle o end up having a really long, anti-climactic game. What am I doing wrong? .

The long time hangup in BDK is Lucius. On factory settings it takes an inordinate amount of hits up the ramp to complete all 8 gadgets, especially when every third shot diverts to the left.

Granted, hitting the white standup targets will light the green lights associated with the gadget switches and help advance the gadgets faster similar to extra souls of the path of the dead in LOTR, but it still takes too long.

I feel the settings on Lucius should be set to easy to be in better balance with the remaining game goals.

After I achieved Gotham City on factory, I changed the Lucius settings.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-no-bdk-owners-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.