(Topic ID: 211633)

Why is there a jumper E11-E25 on MPU 2518-35?

By JethroP

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JethroP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1702b.jpg
IMG_6738 (resized).JPG
IMG_6199 (resized).JPG
IMG_6737 2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

E11 to E25 would be setting the board to trigger U2 Pin 20 off of /A14. Is that for 2532 and similar type of masked PROM?? I have seen that jumper done many times, but not really sure why they use it as I would normally always convert right over to the typical 2732 jumper setup we use.

The standard jumpers for 2732 have u2 of triggering with /(vua+q2+a12)+A11.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

I'm not sure what you are suggesting. Remove the jumper? Or it will work?

It depends if your ROMs are proper. Considering ive seen countless MPUs with that jumper setup, it will work in some situation.

If you are locked up and unsure / know about your roms/jumpers are mixed up/good. Then you rejumper the board for two 2732s and get new known good 2732 ROMs.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Ive made some progress. I missed this the first time around. There was slight corrosion damage that I cleaned up but missed repairing a broken trace and disconnected capacitor near the 555 chip. Now it resets and all is working EXCEPT I keep blowing the fuse under the playfield. When I start a game one of the pop bumpers chatters for a few seconds then the fuse blows. I've checked the resistance across the coil and it's like the others, about 10 ohms. I've checked the switch and it's about 1/16" like the others. Now what??

When the 555 timer had an issue you where probably hammering the CPU with display interrupts and the software would crash.

Find the pop bumper under the PF and clip off the capacitor wired across the switch. If that fixes it the cap was bad. The cap helps the switch be more sensitive, but I have found a properly adjusted pop bumper can be nice and snappy without that cap. If it seems to be missing closures and you don't like the performance add the cap back. 0.047uF (or 47nF)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-a-jumper-e11-e25-on-mpu-2518-35?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.