Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Crazy, there were games flying around in the market 2 months ago. Now (that I'm actually looking), it's like everyone is hoarding for the winter!

BTW, I'm looking for a TZ, TSPP, or BOP

#2 9 years ago

people aren't out of money or space yet

#3 9 years ago

I'm gearing up to move my big pile of games in the next month or so.

Not that it helps you now....

(Sorry).

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

where are you moving?

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

where are you moving?

After getting back from expo, going any place farther away than my couch has been a chore.

#6 9 years ago

I think people were in a holding pattern until the new releases were shown at expo. If the new releases lived up to people's expectations I think people will now be moving games to free up cash and space.

#7 9 years ago

I'm not sure what the complaint is here...that nobody is selling, or that nobody is buying?

Seems like plenty of people are selling.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That was my first thought.

#9 9 years ago

Everyone just checks to see where you live and tries to list the games you want at least 10 hours away. I called a couple Pinsiders on their BS and made an 18 hour road trip this weekend. Not going to let people get away with listing the games I want so far away.

#10 9 years ago

I will have to look into possibly getting a game or two from you if you are gonna move a couple pmWolf. You have some great games in your collection.

Even if you are in MI!

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from GreyhoundAggie:

I will have to look into possibly getting a game or two from you if you are gonna move a couple pmWolf. You have some great games in your collection.
    Even if you are in MI!

Pretty sure he's talking about the shipping container of games from a while back.

#12 9 years ago

It is, I have two great games listed here ready to sell myself and only a hit here and there. It's on both sides of the coin, seller and buyer btw. LOTR and IJ listed in the FS thread, if interested.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure what the complaint is here

Quoted from seshpilot:

Now (that I'm actually looking), it's like everyone is hoarding for the winter!

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure what the complaint is here...that nobody is selling, or that nobody is buying?

Agreed. LOTS of people selling, but not always on pinside. Most local people here will offer up to locals before placing on pinside. Talk with people in your area and network. By far the easiest way to find games.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfanoz:

It is, I have two great games listed here ready to sell myself and only a hit here and there. It's on both sides of the coin, seller and buyer btw. LOTR and IJ listed in the FS thread, if interested.

What FS thread? Excuse me...

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

Crazy, there were games flying around in the market 2 months ago. Now (that I'm actually looking), it's like everyone is hoarding for the winter!
    BTW, I'm looking for a TZ, TSPP, or BOP

There are two of each of those on the marketplace at the moment. And a quick search showed a couple more TSPPs on the first page or two of the games for sale forum. I'm sure you've taken a look and these listings aren't for you, but seems to me there's a decent supply of these titles on the block now!

#17 9 years ago

the cycle repeats,
    U.S. pinball demand increases as Winter approaches.
    People play less out doors, and plan to play more indoors during the Winter.

Each summer, guys jump on RGP/Pinside and swear the sky-is-falling because games are not trading at peak.

#18 9 years ago

The last few games I have sold never made it to Pinside. It's easier to put the word out locally at first. In most cases, I have a list of people with 'dibs' on each machine. A few phone calls and it's gone. No taking photos, trying to describe the game, haggling, shipping, etc.

#19 9 years ago

people don't like to sell on pinside cuz they get bashed on price all day, no different than the emails I get from cl tbh

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

people don't like to sell on pinside cuz they get bashed on price all day

Only if you're too high. I've sold several games on here and never had a problem.

To answer the question: The market is stale because there are not enough buyers or sellers. Everyone is in a holding pattern right now. But, that's the monster that's been created. Thank you VE's and remakes. I knew things would come to a screeching halt, but I didn't expect it to happen this fast. Because even when the self-deluded say that they don't care if the market goes down, they really do.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The last few games I have sold never made it to Pinside. It's easier to put the word out locally at first. In most cases, I have a list of people with 'dibs' on each machine. A few phone calls and it's gone. No taking photos, trying to describe the game, haggling, shipping, etc.

That's my favorite

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That's my favorite

Then I just called dibs on your Radical!

#23 9 years ago

Ive seen games sitting for wuite a while lately.

Best way to move games around is networking witg local collectors. The last two games I sold (bk2k, getaway) were both sold before I even officially put them yp for sale. Just word of mouth on some thoughts of moving them and they were gone.

What is interesting is larger value games are the ones that seem to be sitting a while right now. The 2k and below seem to be moving around like hot cakes.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Not that it helps you now....
    (Sorry).

And that is one HUGE pile of games you have there pmWolf ....

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

the cycle repeats,
    U.S. pinball demand increases as Winter approaches.
    People play less out doors, and plan to play more indoors during the Winter.

Plus sellers will hold out for another month or so to get a "Christmas premium".

-Rob
    -Visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC resets.

#26 9 years ago

I have for sale:

1. South Park
    2. Centipede cabaret
    3. Karate Champ

#27 9 years ago

Oh I don't know....I've made three deals in the last three months....two of those in the last couple weeks.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Then I just called dibs on your Radical!

Done it's a nice one

#29 9 years ago

sold a pin a few weeks ago. it sold in like 10 minutes after listing.

...just saying...

#30 9 years ago

I have a local pinhead contact list in my Outlook and always throw out what I am selling to them first for a few hundred less than what I will list it for.Well worth the few less $$$ to make the friendships and get the karma back when you need something.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I have for sale:
    1. South Park
    2. Centipede cabaret
    3. Karate Champ

I really want a Centipede/Millipede (or Multipede) cabaret. You coming out this way any time soon? (And willing to lug the cabaret with ya? Lol...)

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from annointed:

I really want a Centipede/Millipede (or Multipede) cabaret. You coming out this way any time soon? (And willing to lug the cabaret with ya? Lol...)

hi,

i'm heading to the pin/arcade event in houston on nov 7.
    could meet you there

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-the-market-so-stale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.