(Topic ID: 145028)

Why is St Prem/LE so sought after right now?

By happilymarried05

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elaine-seinfeld-devil-face-o.gif
images.jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Your thoughts?

Seems someone is always looking for it or asking about it. What makes it so desirable to everyone?

#2 8 years ago

it is?

#4 8 years ago

This thread will not go well. At some point you will stir up stuff, and then you will say...

Quoted from happilymarried05:

Well pinsiders, this has been a blast but alas I am bored with the thread as I actually have some things to do, so please if I don't get back to you for a few days, weeks, years, or never know that you are not forgotten. I just have better things to do bwahahahahah so I officially withdraw myself from the thread with my super duper get out of this free card I got from stern with my latest purchase. ty ty

blog.jpg

So can you save all of Pinside the gesticulations of getting from here to there and just go now?

#5 8 years ago

I see an ignored user post so im not sure what that person said

Anywho Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving

#6 8 years ago

I think the initial lack of appeal was the much maligned artwork, but the flow and the later code improvements really made it into a great game. One of my favorite Sterns.

#8 8 years ago

Star Trek LE rocks! Sure, not everybody has the money for the LE or premium. Although, the pro model is almost as good. It just lets you know how good a game is when it finally sells out and the price starts to go through the roof! Guarantee you the same thing happens when Iron Man vault sells out. Most would put this in the rare category because of the low production numbers. I know I want one!

#9 8 years ago

Thinskin says what? Anywho, I'm quite sure you know what I said

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

Star Trek LE rocks! Sure, not everybody has the money for the LE or premium. Although, the pro model is almost as good. It just lets you know how good a game is when it finally sells out and the price starts to go through the roof! Guarantee you the same thing happens when Iron Man vault sells out. Most would put this in the rare category because of the low production numbers. I know I want one!

Huh? Where has the price "gone through the roof?"

I haven't seen any STLE for $10,000+ yet. They made 800 of the things. I think Whysnows buddy bought one for $7000ish recently.

rd

#11 8 years ago

With a multi ball start like the one on the pre or le you would think everybody would want one,with the laser and shaker.i don't think any other game even comes close to that mb start,worth it just for that

#12 8 years ago

They are over 10,000.00 in Canada,Canadian dollars

#13 8 years ago

Stern, to my knowledge, isn't making ST Premiums anymore. I think that's boosting the price a bit.

#14 8 years ago

I haven't noticed any special demand for them at all. I had no trouble selling my Premium though.

#15 8 years ago

Most beautiful game Stern has ever produced.

#16 8 years ago

Tdiddy traded his LE for a MMR in the last couple of weeks. Seen them listed and moving lately. Nothing overly special like 10k for one

#17 8 years ago

Hmmm ... perhaps because it's a doggone good (and I don't use that term lightly) game?

#18 8 years ago

You tell me and we'll both know. Absolutely beautiful LE in looks. Very vanilla and bland in gameplay.

#19 8 years ago

Uhmmmm....it's aluminum foil.

Love my STLE. Beautiful machine.

#20 8 years ago
#21 8 years ago

I'm with Fattdirk. I love mine now (did not at first) that the code is complete and with soundtrack music its just plain FUN.

#22 8 years ago

Great catch. Hilariously douchey move by OP for making this thread.

#23 8 years ago

Did someone make a ROM with the latest code and soundtrack music? I had a previous version of the code with the music, but lost it after the latest update. Anyone??

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Great catch. Hilariously douchey move by OP for making this thread.

Looks like the price was lowered. I saw it listed earlier for 7500

#25 8 years ago

I want one! I'm in PNW, $5500 for a HUO premium anyone?

Not all of us are has-been rock fans: none of those are appealing to me, and there hasn't been much else released recently. It also has a lot going for it: I like the upper flipper, I like the theme, I like chaining of ramp shots, I like the fast play, I like the laser light and I even like the medals!

#26 8 years ago

EDIT: Editing my post for the dbag move done by the OP to fluff his ST Prem sale. Gonna copy+paste my post in a better proper ST thread.

#27 8 years ago

Hopefully they make more premiums when star trek 3 is released this coming summer.

Why is the game in demand? Because it is f-ing amazing!!!!

#28 8 years ago

Ridiculous price for a ST Premium - seems like the seller is trying to trick someone into buying his game at an extra high price.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Hopefully they make more premiums when Star Trek 3 is released this coming summer.
Why is the game in demand? Because it is f-ing amazing!!!!

An extra mode created for the 3rd movie would be boost for sales too!

#30 8 years ago

I think in general demand goes up when Stern stops making a particular game (MET premium, ST premium for example or IM every time they complete a run) Maybe they just become harder to find or it's a natural, I want what I can't get kind of thing.

ST was a late bloomer, kind of like TWD and MET. The code took some time to mature, but overall I think people are really happy with it now. As far as STLE goes, I think it's the best example of an LE with all the nice little touches. I think ST pro is a great value, but it's hard to beat the light show on the prem/LE.

#31 8 years ago

Anybody have a STLE in Pennsyvania they're interested in selling. Send me a PM!

#32 8 years ago

Anybody have a STLE they're interested in selling. Send me a PM!

We'll talk after Ghostbusters comes out.

#33 8 years ago

I say they should release a Star Trek 3 premium. Keep the playfield the same, but have the cabinet artwork represent the 3rd movie.

That would look great!

#34 8 years ago

It isn't dropping like a stone like some premiums, but I haven't seen it being in great demand either.

#35 8 years ago

"Mr. Burns, your Star Trek LE seems to have the market momentum of a runaway freight train. Why is your game so popular?"

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And on a somewhat similar note, i think i finally pin pointed why people either love it or hate it ...

IF ST is ever put on trial in another parallel pinball universe SKB, it would do well to have you represent it. Well said!

I love my ST for its many attributes, but you've succeeded in capturing what its downside is for me. It consistently kicks my ass and I rarely even make it to Kobayashi Maru or complete more than a couple of mode sets. But the ride is exciting and beautiful along the way and when I do occasionaly reach the higher levels, it's that much more glorious!

#37 8 years ago

What a dopey move OP

#38 8 years ago

Hilarious. Well played, Mike.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

IF ST is ever put on trial in another parallel pinball universe SKB, it would do well to have you represent it. Well said!
I love my ST for its many attributes, but you've succeeded in capturing what its downside is for me. It consistently kicks my ass and I rarely even make it to Kobayashi Maru or complete more than a couple of mode sets. But the ride is exciting and beautiful along the way and when I do occasionaly reach the higher levels, it's that much more glorious!

IMO, the key to being successful in this game is to slow the ball down.

#40 8 years ago

Star Trek LE rocks!
[...] Most would put this in the rare category because of the low production numbers. I know I want one!

Umm... 800 LEs are <b>NOT</b> low production numbers. Prior to this; 500 was the going rate.

#41 8 years ago

With the word "anywho" being used, I'm out. My experience tells me that anyone using that word is an a-hole Op may be a great guy but that did me in.

#43 8 years ago

Pinside "Flavor of the Month". They always see a small price spike for a few months. Fun game, but worth less than NIB.

#44 8 years ago

Has anyone noticed that Breakshot is really sought after? Maybe a $2000-3000 game soon. Everyone wants a Breakshot these days, rare only 1000 produced. FS: Breakshot.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

With the word "anywho" being used, I'm out. My experience tells me that anyone using that word is an a-hole Op may be a great guy but that did me in.

I use it all the time but anywho.....

#46 8 years ago

It's "anywhoM" you goddamn savages!

#47 8 years ago

OP are you real?

Or is this like a social experiment?

Pumping a game you are dumping.

Lame ass Pinsider

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's "anywhoM" you goddamn savages!

What's that aboot?

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What's that aboot?

It's proper English. You'd know if you went to University!

#50 8 years ago

This idiotic topic smells like something Kaneda would post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-st-premle-so-sought-after-right-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.