Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by scootie
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider golfingdad1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Why is POTC such an expensive game ??? It has average ratings , ranked like 40 on top 100 . General consensus seems to be it's an ok game.

Post edited by moderator: The title annoyed me too much to not fix.

#5 9 years ago

What is a good price? Are there any problematic issues with this game?

#10 9 years ago

Just wondering, my family and I love the movies and Capt. Jack is just classic.

#16 9 years ago

What is the current software revision?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Where the hell were you when I was trying to get rid of my POTC that was really nice.... I would've done that REAL FAST....

What did you sell your potc for? HUO? Just Curious.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

I have metle I'm looking to trade for one plus some cash on top of course.

Your looking to trade your Metallica LE for a POTC? Why?

#46 9 years ago

What mods can be added to this game besides leds and shaker?

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

It's not expensive.

You don't think $5000 is expensive for a #44 average rated machine.
That's right up there with a modded Tron pro, AC DC , Indiana jones pin and others way up on the list.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who's paying 5k for a POTC with no mods? People on eBay maybe. Here, you should be able to get one fully modded for 5 and one with no mods for 4. Any more than that and you may be getting gigged.

There is one listed right now on the market for $5600

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

listed- but will it sell at that price? Doubtful.

I agree

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Dont confuse Pinside with Ebay, lots of time Pinside is listed higher than Ebay, LOL....
It really comes down to availability, condition, and then location (in that order as well). I am curious as to why you feel like POTC is high priced... Are you basing it off of a rating system of other people or something else? I can tell you why the game is popular and an easy sell---- theme, toys, and mass appeal. It is amazing how many women and children flock to that game in a multi-pin lineup.
Up here, POTC is somewhere between 3500 and 5200 depending on mods, condition, etc. In Arizona? No idea...

I am basing off of current listing prices I have seen on pinside and CL not the rating.

Quoted from Pinball4life:

I completely don't get how anyone makes any decisions on any level based on arbitrary ratings! I find it all silly. Charts are fun...thats all. As a long time reseller of games, pricing is high because they just don't come up for sale often. That should tell you all you need to know about the pricing, and how ridiculous the ratings can be. For a game rated pretty far down the list, it is interesting how few sell them. And yes, they made a ton of them. There was one recently on Mr. pinball for $3200. So, they sometimes can be had for a decent price but close to $5K is more the norm. We can't get them cheap enough to even bother with them. I agree with another poster that said despite his general dislike of Stern games, and I am in that camp, it is really a great game in general.

I agree here again I understand that the ratings are arbitrary. It just seems the list price is somewhat high compared to other confirmed better pins, now what they actually sell for is another story.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What do you mean confirmed better pins?

Ones that my friends and I have played that just stand out for artwork, theme, depth etc, In our opinions , the reason why I actually started this thread was mainly because I have never played a POTC

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from scootie:

I bought one NIB, and its not the favorite pin in my line-up, but I wouldn't sell it for $4,000 to $4,500. First because it is very popular with nonpinball people. Second, it would cost more than that to get a machine to replace it that looks as good and has fairly universal appeal.

What was the NIB price?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Errrr....how do you have "confirmed better pins" over POTC when you have never played POTC? Confirmed that they are better than not playing POTC? So confused.
Nevertheless, this thread seems to have sparked an interest in POTC. I have had 5 people contact me since yesterday asking what I would sell mine for. XMLE or bust!!!

I knew i would get popped for that....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider golfingdad1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-ptoc-so-expensive?tu=golfingdad1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.