Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Stoomer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D89E76D-C72F-4A10-B703-9ACA5776679C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0018 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0017 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0016 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0013 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0014 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I try to be open about how much I paid for machines, and how much I sell them for (mine are all published that sold through this site).
    However... people are entitled, and I have seen behavior that has made me regret posting that pricing information.
    Lets say you got a good deal on a Jurassic Park for $2500 last year, and you see that the market value of that machine is now $3500 and you are selling it to fund a family vacation. You put it on the market and get contacted by someone who wants to buy it, but for $2500 and that you are being selfish asking the current market value and why do you deserve that extra $1,000?
    That may sound like B.S., but that is exactly the type of situation that has happened to me a few months ago. I received an Attack From Mars Remake Special Edition as a work bonus last year from my Pinhead boss (thanks!). After 600 games in 2 months, when I went to sell/trade it to fund another game, I got a lot of great offers for Walking Dead Premium, The Adams Family, a few lowball cash offers (expected), and multiple Iron Maiden Premiums. All reasonable offers (I ultimately took cash). However, I did get an offer from a pinside user (who shall remain anonymous) for a Pinbot and BK2k on my wishlist, and that I should just take them since I got my game for free. These games are great, but regardless of what I paid for my machine I'd be leaving a lot of money on the table... like enough to take my entire family of 5 on a cruise vacation amount of money. I can understand why some people don't want to advertise these prices.
    I can also see it from a manufacturer and distributor's point of view. Minimum allowed advertised price is a great way to keep a profit margin there for the distributors, encourages regional distributors, and keeps NIB pricing from being a race to the bottom that would ultimately hurt the hobby.

It does not matter how much you have in what you are trying to sell. What matters is what is worth.

Years ago, my uncle bought a backhoe and hired his self out to the electric company. He also did independent jobs.

He lived on a small town. People would call him up and want some work done. He would quote his rates he needed and they would all hit on him for a cheaper price and hit him with, “but I thought I was your friend.

You got it for a gift. So what? How much you have in it is not a valid negotiating tool. The correct response for that is GFY.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I could go into a tirade about some athlete who is often enough nothing more than a thug getting paid millions of dollars to play a game when teachers, who are trying to prepare future generations for the life ahead of them get paid 50-60 thousand a year to put up with more abuse than you can imagine. Last week a 2nd grader punched my daughter and told her the shut the fuck up and nothing happened to him. Or the fact that cops and firemen get paid nothing. Or I could say that because of the huge salaries of athletes it costs $100 for a seat in the nosebleeds for a football game. But, that's my opinion.

I agree with you about the athletes, and team owners, many of them dumber than a box of rocks suck up the resources, as we the taxpayers pick up the tab for all of these overbuilt arenas.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-pricing-such-a-secret-?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.