5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by blondetall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-713.jpg
    image.jpg
    BlackTrollDoll.jpg
    troll2.jpg

This topic is closed.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #2 5 years ago

That makes perfect sense, since all black people grew up poor in the inner city.

#4 5 years ago

I'm white & I friggin' hate basketball.
    (In before the lock!)

#5 5 years ago

I don't see many women either. Does that mean women are all poor too 'cause they don't get paid as much as men?

#6 5 years ago

at pinball shows woman are the minority in california whites are the minority so technically all you see are minorities playing.

#7 5 years ago

This again? His very first post on Pinside is this? C'mon - we've seen this guy before and he's only here to cause trouble. ....please don't feed the troll.

#8 5 years ago

Despite Zippee's lack of tactfulness in posing an answer to his own question, he does wonder about something that I'm sure we've all noticed to some degree. My theory is that Caucasian men are more easily lured to the dork side.

#9 5 years ago

troll2.jpg
    #10 5 years ago

sooo many tasteless jokes come to mind
    maybe thier dads never got them into pinball because....
    have you ever seen a pinball machine except ____ as payment

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

in california whites are the minority so technically all you see are minorities playing.

This is actually quite accurate, and therefore true.

Further, to play the politically correct devil's advocate, I think it's technically racist equate the word "minority" to those of non-caucasian skin tones, especially when you don't know the actual racial breakdown of the area you're describing.

#12 5 years ago

Hmmm, I'm black. I can assure you we aren't all as poor and uneducated as some of you may think.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

This is actually quite accurate, and therefore true.
    Further, to play the politically correct devil's advocate, I think it's technically racist equate the word "minority" to those of non-caucasian skin tones, especially when you don't know the actual racial breakdown of the area you're describing.

Incorrect. The term refers to social privilege, not population numbers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority_group

#14 5 years ago

I think the op meant to post on Rgp instead of here. ( shakes head) "plonk" ~SpOoKy

#16 5 years ago

I have many friends that like Pinball, some even own pins. Some of them are not white. The OP is ...........

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Incorrect. The term refers to social privilege, not population numbers.

I've NEVER heard the term in reference to "social privilege". It's ALWAYS used in reference to racial delineations. You'd better tell this "new definition" of the term to every news agency in America. They never use it in that respect. Further, they're the ones who proclaimed that we finally have a "minority" as president. Yet, by your definition, Obama is most certainly not a minority. The guy was a millionaire long before he was president.

That word, "privilege", will be the downfall of this society. You can quote me on that.

#18 5 years ago

I believe you are onto something here ... (let's forget for a moment that I grew up a poor latino child)

The most obvious clue starts with the building blocks of pinball. Every pinball machine playfield starts with a "White"wood.

And the most popular theme of all time for Pinball Machines is arguably Pool. Which is a game where a "white" ball on a green field is used to drive all "balls of color" off the field into pre-made pockets. The most popular pool games end when the black or yellow ball is finished off last.

Yep. Looks like you've broken the code there Dr. Langdon.

Congrats! and Bravo!

Marcus

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

troll2.jpg 29 KB

IM THE GRUMPY OLD TROLLLLL
    WHO LIVES UNDER THE BRIDGEEEEEE

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zippee:

I've been to a bunch of pinball shows all over and I never see any black people there...just wondering why pinball is such a white hobby and you rarely if ever see any minorities playing pinball...is it simply because growing up, white kids from the suburbs had extra money to waste on pinball and black kids from the inner city did not?

I never really thought about it, the last pinball show I was at there were hundreds of Human beings who shared a common interest... I didn't pay any attention to what color their skin was.

#21 5 years ago

BlackTrollDoll.jpg

#22 5 years ago

image.jpg

#23 5 years ago

The real question = if women like guys with money then how come pinball expos don't bring out the "gold diggers?" It's a trove of single or divorced men 25-50 with thousands of dollars in their pockets. Just saying...

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zippee:

I've been to a bunch of pinball shows all over and I never see any black people there...just wondering why pinball is such a white hobby and you rarely if ever see any minorities playing pinball...is it simply because growing up, white kids from the suburbs had extra money to waste on pinball and black kids from the inner city did not?

Quoted from ff6735:

Hmmm, I'm black. I can assure you we aren't all as poor and uneducated as some of you may think.

Wait a minute, don't group us all in with the moron who posted this question.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

sooo many tasteless jokes come to mind
    maybe thier dads never got them into pinball because....
    have you ever seen a pinball machine except ___ as payment

If you're going to make a joke that is racist or tasteless or both, it HAS to be funny, and this is not - all you are doing is making yourself look like a horse's rear end my good sir.

Arguably worse than the OP, who is a troll but is raising a legitimate question. Pinball collectors at least as represented on Pinside are pretty much overwhelmingly white, but if you go to shows or arcades in diverse parts of the country you see that isn't the case for the wider hobby. And our next-door-neighbor hobbies like arcade cabinet collecting are not lily-white either so it makes me think the time may be coming soon when we'll look like a more diverse crowd. I know it's not the most keen insight but it's better than just waving your hands and explaining it as a difference of 'culture'.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I've NEVER heard the term in reference to "social privilege". It's ALWAYS used in reference to racial delineations. You'd better tell this "new definition" of the term to every news agency in America.

they generally are using it correctly. the error is on your part in not understanding the concept. can't say more without getting political, so i won't. i can only point you at the wikipedia entry for the term. it's up to you to read it.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zippee:

Usandthem? Is that you?

#28 5 years ago

maybe some facts will help
    http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/poverty-rate-by-raceethnicity/

Quoted from generica:

If you're going to make a joke that is racist or tasteless or both, it HAS to be funny, and this is not - all you are doing is making yourself look like a horse's rear end my good si

comedy expert over here dont watch tosh.0 and if I look like an ass instead of a racist I'll take that any day that word is white peoples kryptonite

#29 5 years ago

Remind me in the future to just " plonk" myself before ever commenting on a thread like this again. (Sigh), went here to get away from this crap. Time to play more pinball.........

#30 5 years ago

how has this not been locked?

/in

#31 5 years ago

hey everybody, racist jokes are ok because black people really are poor. -SKILL_SHOT

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #33 5 years ago

Gonna be a rumble...
    image-713.jpg

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zippee:

Yep. Black people have better things to do. This topic should be deleted as it is simply stupid. I've seen a fair share of almost everyone, but have never sold a game to an albino. Hmmmmmm

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zippee:

Yes. Pretty much. And worse.

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/05/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

#36 5 years ago

250 years of socioeconomics

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Wait a minute, don't group us all in with the moron who posted this question.

I assure you I'm not lumping everyone into the same group. The "some of you" I was referring to were the idiot bigots who actually believe the crap they spew. So no worries my fellow pinhead.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

I've seen a fair share of almost everyone, but have never sold a game to an albino. Hmmmmmm

Im giving Edgar and Johnny Winter your contact info so you can cross that off your "to do" list.

#39 5 years ago

I was born a poor black child. Then I turned into a blonde female. (But recently had a sex change operation thanks to a Pinside troll.) Now I am just confused, and this thread confuses me even more.

Seriously though, due to the possible duplicate IP address situation, heated topic, and the sheer amount of moderator reports I have gotten on this thread, I am locking it. Anyone who would like to disagree with that or discuss is welcome to start a moderator feedback thread. Thanks.

(For anyone not understanding my obvious reference:

)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 6,200.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 67.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    MicksPinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 26.50
    $ 218.00
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 53.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside