10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1012446_10151571192392409_253823121_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geocab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 10 years ago

I second downloading The Pinball Arcade for your Android device or iPhone/ipad to play a demo of MM to bring back your memories of playing the real thing many years ago. Of course it's not the same as playing in real life, but the simulation is very well done.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Funny that not one of the contesters in this topic has spoken about how much a pinball earned on location.
Talking about humor, shots, toys, code, etc etc.......... its all personal taste and opinion.
Try to find out which pin earned the most on location worldwide, then you will find out pretty fast why MM is seen as the best pin on a ranked list.

And why did it earn lots of money? Because the majority of people's opinions are favorable to MM.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#106 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just downloade the iPad app looking forward to checking out the game in more detail but I do hate iPad pinball apps in general. Just so disconnected from what an actual pinball game feels like.

I'd like to hear your opinion on this app in general. This and their Xbox game before it are what got me into the pinball scene in the first place. I didn't realize what I missed out on playing video games in the arcades and skipping out on pinball growing up. Because of these games, since they are based on real tables and have the rules handy, I realized how complex these tables really are. Wish I had realized this sooner.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

For me, the app is cool to look at the games, it's really nice how they get the sound effects and the DMD and all. But the actual playing of the game while it's OK is not real pinball. I mean I owned CFTBL and BOP and TOTAN and I went back to play the games on my iPad and it made me miss the real games. It was not a substitute for actual playing the real games in any way.
It was really neat to play a few balls on MM and MB. I had only played MB like once or twice. I think it really looks fun, Dracula on a stick was so funny to see. But this is a great way to get a feel for the game or the rules but not fun like playing a real pin. I mean I'd rather have one nice real pin that I could play than have an unlimited number of digital pins. I have not bought the whole app, just played the free tables but not sure I would want to play enough for $30 to buy the whole app.

I think it's interesting to hear opinions from other people about this app, thanks for sharing. I really like the game because it has shown me tables I've only heard about and let me experience some of what they offer. And it's nice to learn the rules of a game as this app has VERY in depth rule sheets of the tables they have done. But I'll tell you as soon as I bought my first pin last March my play time of this app has dropped considerably. The feel of real pinball simply cannot be imitated. That said, I do think the game is really well done. The Xbox version is a lot better in feel and also graphically better than the mobile versions and a PC version was just released on Steam. Without this app, I wouldn't have bought a Sorcerer or Firepower because I would never have experienced these out in the wild, at least not long enough to get a good feel for them. (Sorcerer was in the previous game Farsight released.) MM is one table that I have yet to experience in real life so I haven't been able to weigh in much on your topic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geocab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-mm-one-of-the-best-pins-ever?tu=geocab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.