(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 2 years ago

Because Jack only wants your money - cares not about delivering a quality, desirable product.
Seriously; if he cared about anything but money - he'd own up to the problem.
Having screwed the customer on 3 different games over... what 6 years? Speaks volumes.
Just send him money via go fund him; and he'll be just as happy

Making Playfields isn't hard... it's pretty damn clear that Mirco is a hack and he should be run from this hobby with Pitchforks.

1 week later
#158 2 years ago

Canceling orders is the only message jjp will understand. I encourage it. that said too many people won't do it.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Wonder if sitting in the box for a full year might have helped cure the PF a bit before it started taking a pounding? Or just variation with production batches?

No. It's clear that time doesn't play a factor on assembled PFs.
If the clear is soft at time of manufacturer/assembly; the posts pool. So if enough time is given for the clear to harden BEFORE assembly; it's less likely to occur.
Ofcourse; JJP is never going to admit/give history as to why this occurs; so we are only left to make assumption.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What surprises me is that you never hear anything from Mirco, nothing.

Doesn't surprise me at all.
1) he's a subcontractor - this business is between JJP and him.
2) He's never been upfront with people. Just look at this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers

Seriously; he's not a good person for this hobby. I really wish people would stop buying from him.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP eventually offered REAL Cliffies, which was great, but they're back to inferior knockoffs now.

They probably copied cliffies design and offered no licensing fee what-so-ever. That would be about par for JJP's course.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I gave JJP a $1000 deposit on a LE back on October 27.

JJP direct or a Distributor?
If the former; then demand an onsite examination of your machine before they box it. Tell them you will be looking for pooling post and functional games. If they reject your demand - tell them you want a full refund because you can't and won't accept a pooling playfield.

If the latter; make the same demand at their place of business.

Be prepare to follow thru on your bluff... IE pay airline or drive.

#287 2 years ago

It's my understanding that a soft clear would be obvious at assembly stage. That said; who really knows because JJP isn't being transparent about a darn thing.

I thought I read somewhere in one of the many threads that a number of games show pooling on the first unbox. not after 100 or so plays. Since I haven't been crazy enough to be bitten by this issue ... I'm only speaking from the multitude of threads on this issue across all the vendors.

Personally; I feel JJPs QA assembling is just simply trash / non-existent. They just throw shit together and ship it with very little care about the overall quality of the product. I'd bet there is an incoming quality check they could do to weed out these PFs. But they are more interested in taking your money rather than doing a good job.

That said; I wouldn't want to risk a 12k pile of cash on my understanding. The best thing to do is just cancel your order demanding a refund for the deposit.

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Your 1000 deposit is non-refundable.

Tell me you did this on a credit card and that you are going to issue a chargeback.
The product was not as described and the manufacture refused to refund.

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

If JJP’s next title still has these playfield issues

Why wait? It's a given as people continue to buy even when they have no solutions.
If it is truly Toy Story; we all know there will be digital printing with adherence issues just like the past 4 games.
People will continue to throw them money because they have to have the new shiny thing.

JJP hasn't learned a lesson; to be honest, they've learned they can take 1k from people and they will follow up with balance just for the fear of loosing out.

I seriously see nothing in this thread or others that indicated enough people will take action / not buy their spots.

Quoted from iceman44:

I’m sure JJP is not intentionally trying to F people over and will get it worked out

This is the most naive thing I've ever heard someone say.
Non Refundable deposits with a know super defect like this is defiantly them fuxing people over . There is no other way to look at it.

#464 2 years ago

Raise the prices 1k after the mad rush to buy.
Ship obviously defective PFs; offer no restitution. Offer no one a refund on deposits; effectively stealing money from those people.
These are the actions of a set of people who know there's another set of suckers behind the people currently in line.

They know the next title will sell out because people don't vote with their wallet.

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

aside from the pf issues which they don’t control JJP is

The hell they don't! Is there a game without the PF? No.
The whole game is their product. THEY DO CONTROL THE QUALITY OF THE Playfield.
THEY CHOOSE NOT to stand behind that product.
Saying anything is makes you part of the problem.

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

We have all heard about how was involved in a daily basis

Marketing wank... pure and simple.

#763 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The boxing material will be sent out.

After the game is boxed a pickup is scheduled.

So, They expect the customer to pack it up and get it ready?
They say a refund; but full retail value plus shipping?
I'm betting they pay "a" value for the game only... Probably minus the 1000 nonrefundable deposit and shipping fees both ways.
Let's not give them credit until
1) we have proof with details
2) that person(s) confirms they got said refund in a timely manner

#786 2 years ago

I bet we'll find not a single buyback happens

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Zitt seems to be betting that not a single buyback of any JJP GnR will occur

What I'm saying is We've seen ZERO evidence that they actually intend to offer anyone a buyback. Feb was offered; but now June and they haven't executed a buy back. Smells like a used car salesman tactic intended to diffuse the situation without actual intent of following thru. JJP is obviously dragging their feet - I doubt the offer was even genuine; and probably was shot down by the Jack himself when they approached him for final approval.

Let's say 30% of the customers make enough noise to be offered a buy back. Most of those customers will choose to take in in the butt because they really want the game. So let's just say 10% of the 30% actually follow thru with the buy back. How many will actually make enough noise to actually get a real offer to buy back? How many of them will actually get this "grail" of full price plus shipping both ways? I'm pretty confident that number will be near zero. <3 to be proven wrong tho.

#827 2 years ago

Ok "Jack" ... I really don't care who it is... but I'm sure "the management team" stopped that buy back plan before a single offer was made. It is my honest opinion that nothing material will come of the plan. Basically; everyone screwed will indeed be screwed.

#837 2 years ago

Because three or four games over 8 or do years indicate they have no intention of fixing. Add their behavior of no remedies Is a further indication of their inability to solve

#858 2 years ago

Honestly at this point; it could be a Star Trek: Picard pin from JJP and I wouldn't buy it.
Last thing I need is a self destructing playfield at way inflated prices in my collection.

You people and your buy a theme at any cost are just nuts.

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Re: disentegrating
If it gets this bad

No worries, according to @iceman44, jjp are overachievers... They'll be there in a game or two

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP will get it fixed like Stern did

You get a downvote for this.
They've had ample time... and FOUR_ games to fix it.
It's clear you have drunk the koolaid.
I'm of the camp that believe JJP gives no care they they are shipping garbage... cause people like you continue to buy.

#952 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Im confident JJP has learned a hard lesson from a simple mistake. Im sure TS will have post holes drilled better from here on in.
Now if Mirco could only get it together, with some better prep and adhesion technology, should be happy days for TS buyers. I'll be waiting for Erics next masterpiece.

Umm... 4 games ago; they didn't learn the lesson. 3 games; same. 2 games, ditto, last game... same routine.
How many times do you need to get punched in the face to believe they really did mean to punch you?

I'm confident; JJP will not make any changes because they haven't and now... aren't even standing behind the crap-tastic product on the latest game. How many data points does it take people?
I'm confident that TS will be another shut-up and take my money orgy and we'll be right here talking about the confidence that the next game will have all of this resolved.

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I do have a clear understanding that team JJP wishes to build the best product possible.
Team JJP deserves a fair go.

"fair go" left the building at Game #2 with this problem. "fair go" was years ago.
Sure; they want to build the best product possible - when it's easy, cheap, and quick.
It's clear that making a decent playfield with adhering clear isn't any of those three so they are keen to keep passing the garbage to you the customer.
Evidence speaks volumes; if you think there isn't enough evidence - see my previous comment about getting punched

1 week later
#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The playfields wont chip if you look after them and do preventitive work, but you've got to put in the time.

So you're saying that... your GNR shipped via sea shipping arrives several months later... and the ink has already lifted ... and you can do preventative work to repair it?! Do tell.

By preventative; we all know the washers DO NOT work...
so what? put a Tarp iron on the PF after you nearly completely disassemble the PF? How much damage is done by the act of just removing the post and washer?

Seriously dude; don't minimize this. If you are convince this can be prevented; please do share and let JJP know so the rest of these poor SOBs don't have to deal with future PF shipments with pooling / torn ink.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

f I had a JJP GnR on order and could get my deposit back, or put toward another title?

Sorry, but the deposit is non refundable at jjp.
Makes you feel better, right?

#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I found the perfect washers:

Only if you powder coat them in transparent clear so they don't show up.

1 week later
#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It won’t happen. Enjoy your game - it’s JJP’s best so far (assuming you love GnR music).

xqcki7h4xxh51[1] (resized).jpgxqcki7h4xxh51[1] (resized).jpg

#1309 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Most likely JJP has seen the writing on the wall in reduced and canceled sales and has no choice. The market and local collector circles seem to be flooded with GnR LE and it can't just be because of the meh gameplay.

We could hope.
That said; they haven't learned for the last 4 games... so not convinced they are capable of change.

I'm actually thinking:
A) The cancellations were minimal; too many people like PanzerFreak bought anyway because well; he stated the reasons in his admission which I read to be emotion not logic.

B) If they are indeed making changes; it's only because they are tired of Mirco's Sh1t to be honest. If you can count on your vendors; you have problems.

#1339 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

sight-unseen is super logical to begin with.

Guess I'm a rare bird.
I've only bought two NIBs... only one was a sight-unseen; shut up and take my money decision. I don't regret that purchase (Stern Star Trek LE) because it fit my collection perfectly.

The other was a Multimorphic P3... I had plenty of 1 with that title as it was being developed.
Don't regret that purchase either.

I would have loved to get in on the Rick and Morty; but sold out way before I had a chance to try before I buy.

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Reading the post on Facebook seems like this playfield issue could be a thing of the past. Congrats JJP if you solved the problem

A post on facebook is nothing more than hopeful thinking. I don't care who posted it.

If JJP says it's fixed; we need years of evidence to prove its fixed.
And they need to admit there was a problem to begin with ... which would open the flood gates to people claiming defective product.
Just don't see this happening.
If it is indeed fixed (highly doubt it); you'll never know exactly when it was fixed nor if it's fixed only for a specific batch.

3 weeks later
1 month later
#2187 2 years ago

Just.. don't ... Give .. them... Any business. Even when the next title is your grail theme.
Most don't appear to have that kind of will power.
I do.

#2232 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I assume JJP, behind the scenes is trying to work it out...

lmao
They've been tryin unsuccessfully for 8 years over 3 games?
If so; they are have the worst engineering team on the planet.

#2235 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You only need to make your opinion known once.

No apparently not...
Repetition is important because people like you still give them money.
Admit JJP doesn't care about making a quality product; then maybe - just maybe I'll consider my 'job' done.

#2239 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

JJP might not warranty their playfields to the max, but I've seen zero evidence that they don't care about making a quality product. That's ridiculous.

:Insert facepalm meme here:

The evidence is overwhelming. Your rose colored glasses don't need any tweaking, that's for sure.

#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

"People like you." Very classy approach.

I'm sorry that you were triggered by English words.
There was no class implied there; you just triggered yourself.

I was simply stating that people tend to stick their heads in the sand and ignore the obvious signs of a dysfunctional company.
I'm positive there were numerous signs that DeepRott was going to end up the way it did.
I'm really quiet done feeding the Fanboi in you... so you go on and take the polar opposite position from "jimwe5t" and I'll go on ignoring the fact that you can't seem to remove the rose colored glasses. Seriously; don't feed the Fanboi

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

asked would you like your money back or machine delivered?

Did you ask for your money back? did it include the non-refundable deposit?

#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So yep buying a game that use to have a self destruting playfield. I am so happy not many reports of bad playfields of recent.

596a5829abe14d67790d563cda507849[1] (resized).jpeg596a5829abe14d67790d563cda507849[1] (resized).jpeg

#2269 2 years ago

Wouldn't care if JJp is doing star trek Picard or discovery .. they wouldn't get a dime of my money with the current management and quality problems

#2282 2 years ago

AS much as it'd be funny... I'm sure Robin wouldn't allow that given the ties he want to have with Industry.
JJP couldn't take the joke ... and would proably file a C&D against Robin.

#2295 2 years ago

My game is fine is like you saying you didn't catch COVID so it's a hoax.
Sadly, someone somewhere is gonna believe you.

Glad you are safe from the quality issues

2 weeks later
#2423 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I got my WW NIB a week ago... I absolutely am a fan of JJP. T

I pray for you and your NIB.
I hope that you remain a fan when your Wonka PF looks like a old, melted chocolate bar from the delamination of the clear and dirt getting between the art and clear. When that happens to your NIB; I hope you'll let us know you are still a fan.

I'm really serious; but hope you never have that problem.

#2432 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

he has never owned a JJP buy

Strangely, I've never jumped off a bridge ... but that doesn't mean watching others fall to their death doesn't impress upon me the the need to also jump off a bridge without a chute.
JJP quality suxs; and *I* am not stupid enough to buy a 12k self destructing machine.

#2436 2 years ago

Public thread, can't give two shats if you think my comments arent reasonable it or on point

3 months later
#2473 2 years ago

Or not at all. That's what he safest way to ensure you get quality pfs.

1 week later
#2504 2 years ago

"Fire sale" comes to mind.
Sadly; this isn't it. They are just "profiting" of the misery of their customers.
Either that or they are just trying to "Break even" on PFs they know they cannot shove down someone's throat.

#2522 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

you feel better wishing failure for a company

I do.
Treat your customers like shit. Expect failure

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.