(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Honestly, no. Hobbit was just as wimpy as WOZ - shooting the middle ramps was "I think I can.. (u-turn) maybe not."

If you found it hard to shoot your ramps on The Hobbit , you either had a problem with your flippers or you were getting your power from a hamster in a wheel
On my game , the balls would fly off the habit trails because they were going so fast and it was set up really steep ( on factory settings ) even after 2 to 3 hours of play ,
same with my woz .
Some people have suggested that our 240 volts has something to do with it , I don't know but I've never found Flipper strength to be an issue on jjp games , chipping playfields is another matter .

IMG_20210627_010733 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_010733 (resized).jpg
#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

it’s cool to hate on GNR now.

Let the haters hate , the game has way more fans than critics and sales proove that .
I can't wait to get mine and I got something for the games room while I'm waiting .

IMG20210627021411 (resized).jpgIMG20210627021411 (resized).jpgIMG20210626185710 (resized).jpgIMG20210626185710 (resized).jpg
#1239 2 years ago

Thanks Chad , if you agree , I know I'm on the right track

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:You're right. I came out of the gate a bit hot and apologize for that.

No need to apologise , you were right the first time , Jimmy hates this game and wants to tell everybody about it , your response was totally reasonable .
I have nothing against Jimmy and he can say whatever he wants but when you go about it like he does , you have to expect a bit of blow back

1 week later
#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

So sad, you’ve caved in with wishful hoping, for surely an outcome that might not be to your liking. I hope the best for you, but don’t hold your breath my friend. It will be just a matter of time and you’ll most likely be regretting throwing good money down the drain. You want it so bad, your willing to take that risk? Even a $1k discount makes it still not worth it. Is a crap playfield, the main component of any pinball machine, looking like garbage worth it in your home??? You won’t enjoy looking at all the messed up PF post, with washers that cause the areas to gain in size through pooling more and more over time. No pinball machine is worth that kind of frustration. Will look forward to hearing your horror stories 6 months from now, lol. That is not β€œrocking on” as some no class morons stutter out…
There are 1290 posts on a thread you started to prove you would not be wise buying a known proven mess of a pinball machine. Do you want to drive a car so bad, that it is known to have a paint job that turns to crap for most people, with a manufacturer that will not support you and leave you in the lurch? JJP never has to correct anything with customers like you, because they know they don’t have to make things better, because you want it so bad, you’ll spend $10k anyway! Lol plain CRAZY! Caveat Emptor!!
[quoted image]

(edited)
You get off on trying to make people feel bad about their purchases .
You're just a troll who no one agrees with .
IMG_20210710_005150 (resized).jpgIMG_20210710_005150 (resized).jpg

#1341 2 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Seems like with this crazy demand right now it would be a great time for JJP to bring Pirates back at a premium. I think they would easily sell a run of 500! Maybe even with properly manufactured playfields!

They can't make enough GNR's at the moment and they've got more titles ready to go .

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

BTW, I see lime 15 GNRs for sale. Is it because the bad PFs or the game gets old fast?

There are 16 Avengers infinity quest for sale , what does that mean ?
Out of the hundreds delivered , I think that would be a pretty average amount .

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Stern probably made as many AIQs in 1 week as JJP has made total of GnR.

That's easy to do when there's nothing in them

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yeah no mechs on either game besides subway on AIQ which i did like. AIQ shot better though with sweet combo action ill give it that but GnR was a touch more fun overall.

I'm just being sarcastic at almost 4 in the morning .
I understand why a lot of pinheads don't like the multiball heavy code of GNR .
I'm used to it after having hobbit and I really liked it and I think it's the type of pin a lot of my non pinball friends and family will also like .
Even just seeing themselves on the LCD screen or them in a picture with Slash will make them happy .

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:No worrys my friend from down under! Code wise on GnR it just felt like it had no purpose besides jackpot score. No journey and more a light show. I actually enjoyed all the multiballs in it. AIQ wise the code is just flat feeling with no life to it. I never fully figured out the computer thing on the left and the callouts and what animations it does have werent good. Best part of code on AIQ for me was when Id push start and Thanos would talk with my subwoofer, lol!
To stay on topic my Wonka has pooling that i stuck mylar washers on. The one stayed in place but the other has peeled loose from the ball hitting the post. The pooling hasnt gotten worse at all though so I dont really mind it much but those mylar washers are worthless i think.

I do miss my Hobbit and I do wish Guns N Roses had a few more modes but I understand the way it has been done .
Thanks for the tip on the Mylar washers , I'll get my game and just wait and see what happens with it , fingers crossed it's all good .

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

so I think moving forward as long as they come from the factory with all the fixes you should be good to go right out of the box but dont remove the washers cause no saying what could be happening under them. Be interesting when guys start removing the fixes for cleaning and see if there is any pooling or chipping of the ink.

I hope so , I got lucky and brought one of the last Hobbits with all the fixes on it and it was perfect , except for it cut the wires to the warg and the springs broke on one drop target .

#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Put a bunch of games on display for everyone to play, so the **quality** is evident for all to see.
That would force JJP to announce the new playfield supplier and give us folks who are waiting to buy a new game a timetable of when it's safe again.

Love your work Vid , but while we're at it , we should also put a bunch of warped Stern playfields with the art chipping off them as well .
Just to make it a even playfield

Why is it the two biggest manufacturers have these issues , but Chicago , American pinball , spooky , haggis don't have these issues .

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern, Bally and Williams has replaced any warped playfields that I know of.

We were talking about quality .
I haven't seen any JJP pins with a warped Playfield .
Ryan C and Marty both had issues with their Stern PlayFields on certain games and they were not replaced and I have seen other people on pinside with warped stern playields which haven't been replaced , since I last looked .
Both companies have had their fair share of issues but jjp cops the most shit for it .

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

My LZ LE came warped- I sent Stern some pictures to confirm the problem and they said they'd replace it, but would take about 6 weeks until the game went back on the line. I got to play the hell out of the original playfield until my distributor got a new fully populated one. He helped me install the new one and took care of returning the old one for me. Overall an excellent experience in what could have been a disaster.

That's great to hear you got looked after well .
It seems a bit hit and miss , some people get sorted out , others get left in the lurch .
Jjp service has gone down hill , they were giving free playfields for pirates and now they won't even give you a post and washer fix kit .

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Mine was. Meanwhile jjp didnt wish to get me a malfunctioning cliffy protector for dialed in. I think that's the point.

I've owned or had a deposit on all the jjp pins , except for Dialled In and Wonka , so I never paid attention to those .
Jjp might think they're saving a few bucks by ignoring people , because they are so busy and can't keep up with the demand for Guns N Roses but I think it'll come back to bite them when future titles aren't so popular and lots of people have been put off by hearing about their poor service .

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You deaf dumb and nearsighted JJP cheerleaders keep telling yourselves this crap about Stern, but it is also my experience they stand behind all their PFs. You’re kidding yourselves to think they don’t. If you have a warped PF they will replace it. On the other hand, my direct experience with JJP has been the opposite and they refused to take care of issues.
Keep trying to put Stern in the same miserable camp as JJP. Sorry it’s not working for those of us that know the truth. That doesn’t make me Stern’s cheerleader either, because I’ll get all over them for anything they don’t do right, unlike you JJP lackeys. The huge difference is, they stand behind their product and don’t try to flea their responsibilities like the small boutique JJP constantly does. I’m still hoping JJP will put some big boy pants on and do the right thing for Kloss and all those affected by the outrageously bad quality product known as GNR. Look no further than the tons of photos all over the net to know the truth about GNR.

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I will not go quietly lmao.Cheers to this working out and avoiding drama .It’s honestly as simple as that .

Best of luck with it .

IMG_20210721_235252 (resized).jpgIMG_20210721_235252 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1572 2 years ago

Of all fucked up things you could say .
I guess he'll find out the meaning of backlash .

#1613 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That statement from Jack was a β€œused car salesman” low just a cheap shot at owners...this is my first foray into JJP ownership... And while I’ve made the best of it and helped others put washers and fix their machines to playable condition I’m kind of pissed that I’ve been accused (not directly but as a customer ) of somehow β€œdamaging” Or manipulating somehow my own machine ...to what end...??? The statement literally makes no sense. Very disappointed.

I'm still sticking with my order and with your advice , I will be taking proactive measures to protect the Playfield .
The game is too good and too fun .
Yes , there are people who have had Playfield issues and have been treated like shit .
There are also people who haven't had any issues and my distributor is top-notch , so I'm willing to take the gamble .
Time will tell , if I made a Wise Choice or a poor choice

#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Seems crazy for any clear to be applied before any drilling or routing ?

Logic would stand that clear is a process that is done when the playfield is completed.

I would have thought so , but I'm no expert .
As far as I know Micro did The Hobbit playfields and they were sweet as , I wonder what they changed .

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

No optical illusion here . To answer your question .... yes you can feel the sparkles and it does not feel magical
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e157b1d7f649cbeffde46c4d0213c92f1b01917c-1628595697-1800"};
//]]>

How is your yellow brick road , I haven't heard of any problems with them ( but I haven't been looking )

#1691 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I used thin, water based super glue

Is that to stop , white " fogging "

#1695 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Dats what she said....
( )

Lol , apparently the word I was looking for was hazing .

3 weeks later
#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I wanted a GNR and bailed due to the issues and lack of support.

I totally agree with you that people shouldn't brush aside the issues but I also understand why some people just want to play the game and enjoy it .
I have a game on order and I'm concerned about the Playfield issues , but I will take preventative measures to protect the playfield .

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I don't feel like I am missing out at all.

This game is a unicorn .
Even future jjp games won't compare to this .
1. Main reason is because Slash wanted this game made and put everything into it . When else would you get Gibson and Fender on the same game , along with a Paul McCartney song and all the AV from their current concert tour .
There was no asset they didn't have access to .
2 . Because of covid they had an extra year to polish all the code , the rules , animations and light shows .
3 . Eric Meunier designed an awesome game with the use of guitar necks , drumsticks , high hats and incorporated all sorts of musical features into rock and roll pin with a great layout .
4 . Jean - Paul de Win is the best in the world at animating pinball games .
So if you like the theme , the rules , the layout , take some preemptive steps and enjoy the game .
You won't see another one like it for a long , long time , if ever .

#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

They amended their warranty and did so AFTER buyers locked into buying a game.
That, right there, is all you need to know.

Yes that does suck , but at least when people put their deposit down , JJP honoured it , and didn't cancel those people's pre-orders and raise the price , like STERN did .

#1799 2 years ago

Lol , Stern playfields are perfect

IMG_20210906_212034 (resized).jpgIMG_20210906_212034 (resized).jpg
#1845 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I suspect any German reading this thread would not have caught the humor

Lol , a German not getting the humour .
Now that's funny

3 weeks later
#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Here’s the expert that responded [quoted image]

Exactly , if you're been on pinside for 2 seconds or longer , you would know that Jimmy is the resident jjp troll , you wouldn't listen to anything he says .
If he said jjp ripped me off because of x y z , I could respect that .
Other people have said what their issues are and how the manufacturers have helped them or not .
But because he makes up crap about every single jjp game and trying to get everyone not to buy one , his rants are meaningless .

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

This kit only spreads the damage out farther. I installed this Kit with two washers under the black plastic washer to keep it off the playfully and still hide the damage. Good luck.

Mate , share this in the jjb owners thread .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread

1 month later
#2449 2 years ago

The backbox speaker design in GNR is horrible. I’m thinking about doing it correctly as a future project

Have you got the pin woffer .

#2451 2 years ago

While I’m sure that product is good, it’s the speaker placement that’s the issue. They’re facing up and the sound is being reflected up and out. That will never produce quality sound, this rookie maneuver. You can do this btw with low ranges or subs. The reflection actually helps in that case. But not for mids & highs. I would essentially be looking to mount something that faces directly out
[quoted image]

With the pin Woofer a can do a line out and hook it up to your home stereo system .

#2462 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:Can't you just run a line out from the port on the CPU? On Pirates, there is a mini-jack cable that connects the MPU to the sound board. You can just run it to a another amp instead of the sound board. GnR should be the same...

I think you can , I know you can with Pinwoofer , every time I make an assumption , I'm always wrong
Woz had a line out in the back of the cabinet , it would be good if they were still doing that .

7 months later
#2552 1 year ago

Stern playfields are the best

IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpgIMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
#2555 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Uhhh thats a scoop buddy. They blow out on everything, including the InDesTruCtaBlE B/W diamondplate PF's. Theres supposed to be a scoop protector on there (yes I know probably what happened on that game).

You're dreaming mate .
No scoop protector on my GNR . After almost 1000 games .
And it's perfect .
Downvote me all you want but stop making excuses for Stern .

IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpgIMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.