(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,464 posts
  • 272 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif
6604016F-686E-400A-A8A6-AE3576B17CE1.gif
047E36E5-8BE4-4A65-AC1C-13F8A76EF2A1.jpeg
toystory (resized).JPG
596a5829abe14d67790d563cda507849[1] (resized).jpeg
0ADA0988-9F53-47E1-9BF0-ACAF8322A15F (resized).jpeg
88E4E52D-F67C-419F-9451-51EEEAC9BDF8.jpeg
200w.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (4 months ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (4 months ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#894 6 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The X factor for GnR is that it’s a *really* good game that will continue to get better. For me, it’s JJP’s best game to date!

Agreed.

Of course, that isn't really saying much.

#944 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s the daily drama machine that will go away over time and JJP will get it fixed like Stern did

I hope so, because I requested that my distributor delay delivery until JJP publicly addresses the issue and indicates some type of fix.

#968 5 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

The problem with this line of thinking is, Mirco is only a subcontractor and will only do what JJP tells them to do. Plus Mirco does not control the PF oversized holes causing posts to wobble, the over tightening at JJP factory of posts, PF artwork printed under the posts and on and on. JJP is responsible for all these things, Mirco only does what JJP instructs them to do. JJP is to blame 100% and no one else.
If JJP were to change subcontractors and continues to do things as they’ve been doing for the last 4 games, no change will take place in PF quality.

Wrong.

#970 5 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Okay, explain yourself then…

Sure.

What you said is wrong.

#1003 5 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So far it seems like May build date games are having far less playfield issues versus the April and prior ones.

It does?

As you know, I am in pretty much the exact same situation as you, so I am paying attention to this stuff and can't say that I have noticed a difference in the newer build dates having less PF issues. I'm still in a holding pattern on my GnR LE

#1005 5 months ago

I'm aware of that stuff. So that's a minor change that was made. But that doesn't constitute evidence of "far less playfield issues" to me.

#1008 5 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

So why isn’t the paint coming off of my 2021-2022 car? It’s not wood but damned if the environment a car is in is ultimate exposure.

No need to compare it to your car, as we can compare it to other playfields in the industry...that don't have this problem.

#1052 5 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm now considering buying as reports of pooling / chipping with the latest build games have dropped significantly.

You keep saying this and as someone who has a GnR LE on order I want to believe it, but I see no evidence of it.

Can you elaborate?

#1250 5 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

POTC is the most overrated game in pinball.

100%

2 weeks later
#1378 4 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yeah, I was actually calling Panzer out for criticizing someone else that’s doing exactly what he’s known for.

What Panzer is known for in terms of repeating himself is his (unhealthy?) love of interactive toys on a pin. Yes, these posts got old very fast, and he was often made fun of for it. He was also accused of being a JJP "fanboy."

But I will give him credit for his recent posts over the last few months, where he has appeared to be objective and even critical of JJP, especially with regard to the PF issues. Hell, he is the one who started this thread..."why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields."

I don't even remember him making recent posts about "toys", and I know he picked up a Stern recently.

#1456 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let’s drop a poll thread up and see how many people would agree to BOYCOTT JJP

I'M IN! I promise to boycott JJP!

But this will take effect after I receive my GNR.

Also, if Toy Story is JJP's next pin, my boycott will take effect after that!

#1510 4 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Don’t want to give a list of all my machines or would have done that in the profile. It’s not relevant.

The pinball machines that you own aren't relevant on a Pinball forum where we discuss pinball.

Got it!

#1528 4 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Correct. You can talk about something without owning it.

Yeah, no shit.

And yet, the pins someone owns (or have owned) is *still* relevant.

If someone has only owned every JJP pin released and nothing else, well that tells me, at a minimum, that they have an affinity for JJP pins.

And as TheLaw said, owning a pin does often cloud the truth. People are far less likely to criticize a pin that they own, for various reasons, including fear of driving the demand/value down.

Quoted from yancy:

I've never owned a JJP game, at this rate never will, but I've played them all plenty and have, like, opinions.

No idea why you would respond to me like this. Never said, or even implied, that you have to have owned a pin in order to have an opinion about it.

#1531 4 months ago

If you are going to respond to a post that I made, at least make an attempt to be responsive to what I actually said. You know very well that I did not imply that you can't have an opinion about a game unless you own it.

#1535 4 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. A friend had a GB w/ a cabinet that was splitting. Stern said glue it and put clamps on it..

Did it work?

#1541 4 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

When I’m lucky to afford things I want, such as a new car, I wouldn’t go and flame the manufacturer for the clear coat they used from whatever vendor they used the first time I drive it and a stone kicks up and chips it. Shit happens.
Let’s be honest. People are starving and dying and living in poverty but some people are so arrogant to that fact that they bitch about problems on first run production models of new products the exclusive minority they belong to can afford. In a way, I get it. But really, where do your priorities fall in the grand scheme of things and what are YOU doing to be a positive influence on society and the disadvantaged when you can afford such luxuries and not be willing to assume the risk that comes with such extravagant purchases?
Yeah, you’re bent you spent 10k on a game that won many awards but has some flaws, most of which seem to be from pre-June 2021 builds. How much have you donated to your community or kids or victims of domestic violence? If it’s 0, then go cry to the Rockefeller’s and check yourselves.
Downvote away, I don’t give a damn about your feelings if you fall into the stereotype I’ve articulated above.

#1543 4 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Hey Rob, that’s an incredibly insightful response that certainly contributes to my hypothesis. Thanks for sharing.

It's truly some of the dumbest shit that I've ever read on Pinside.

Is that a more insightful response for you?

#1545 4 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That’s perfect, and just what I expected as it solidifies the basis for the opinion I’ve formed on you based on your location and response that you truly don’t give a damn about anyone but yourself and it’s all about you, you’re this race for your own personal gains and if you’re one of the “victims” of JJP’s allegedly intentful screwing over or people, that you lack the cognitive ability to air your grievances in a more diplomatic way that maybe JJP would respond to. Thanks for playing.

You are completely and utterly clueless. I don't even have my GnR yet. You know zero about me personally. But I'm glad that my post "solidified the basis for the opinion that you've formed on me."

Newsflash: zero f*ks given what you think of me

What a joke.

2 weeks later
#1601 4 months ago

Posted elsewhere, but will repeat it here: listening to this recent interview with Jack, combined with the video from 2 years ago saying the PF issue had been identified and fixed (BS), it made me pissed enough to finally call my distributor to cancel my GnR LE order.

No new JJP games will be seeing the light of day in my collection any time soon.

#1604 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't blame ya, what Jack said was flat out wrong. Blaming customers for playfield issues is not only bizarre but insulting towards customers.

Yep, just the final straw. Guess I needed something to push me one way or the other, and this did it for me.

Good luck with yours Panzer. Definitely is an amazing looking and fun playing pin. Too bad the quality and customer support isn't there.

#1623 4 months ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

This was included inside my machine, is this a new thing or just something I haven’t seen before on a jjp purchase? [quoted image]

Just their way of (further) lowering expectations when it comes to JJP's quality.

#1669 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you have any pictures that weren’t shot thru a soccer goal net?Thats too bad Wonka is a great game.

Not sure if you were trying to quote me or someone else??

1 month later
#1879 3 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

They already have .....
Maybe not his rant specifically, but the posting of issues on this forum directly stopped me from buying a GNR

Same here.

Well, actually, I had already put a deposit down on a GnR LE with my distributor, but I canceled because of the PF issues.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside