(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#873 2 years ago

And i Missed out on my new jacket which sold out and broke the server..
I wanted to Flip it !!!!!! This is the way !!!!!!
https://www.usatoday.com/videos/entertainment/celebrities/2021/06/09/kanye-wests-yeezy-gap-puffer-jacket-sold-out-few-hours/7609992002/

this new culture has ruined shopping / Kanye should make Toilet paper too and we can re live the beginning of Covid where there was a run on TP!!!

2 weeks later
#1190 2 years ago

How much one of these ce playfields cost as well as the top one ?

2 months later
#1758 2 years ago

i upvoted and agree but will buy the 500 dollar playfield . It sux ,yes and risky it has same issue if installed without outside source help which i probably would get to guarantee the same longevity as other older diamond plated oldies i have and have had over the years which is crazy techniques have not gotten better and stopped this BS but i guess they really don't build stuff like they used too

Quoted from yancy:

Cost aside, who wants a second shitty playfield if they haven't fixed the underlying issues? Won't it also fail shortly after install?

#1778 2 years ago

if you are going to take off the post with pooling i do recommend his post above saying warm it up first in that area

Quoted from Vespula:Honestly, just opinion, But others have commented these black plastic washers are quite hard. Much harder than the PETG washers. Also it has a metal washer on top and it's been recommended to take that off. Third he didn't touch this so it was torqued by JJP. So there's quite a few factors that could have exacerbated the situation.
It'll probably go something like this, warm it up if needed, take it off, heat it, iron flat, after it cools put a clear PETG washer on it with the post and then tighten it just to snug. 1200 plays later still good as new. If you want to get into the cliffies or mylar you know that's just personal choice. But again everyone has more experience than I do on this I'm just regurgitating what you guys are saying that have dealt with this problem.
Anyway I'm sure someone has a couple buckets more of chum to throw in the water so let's get on with it... That's what this thread's all about ain't it?

#1813 2 years ago

i hope a mass of people talk about this and bring it up over and over ..The product is falling apart and they will promote themselves as do gooders as so many have no warranty through JJP on the crap they supplied ..
Falling apart after 200 plays is crap
a great artful Sparkly looking piece of crap but crap none the less..
To bad They do not take calls on the Phone or internet ,They would get the same What is up With your Crap is the question?

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Mirco remains quiet. Wonder how he is going to explain this big mess at Expo. Maybe he will man up & accept some bad playfields & give free replacements.

#1858 2 years ago

i am not buying the PF's are fixed part . That would mean their was actually a problem .. ha

Quoted from arzoo:Interesting on the GnR owners thread how some are posting that the PFs are fixed or better now, and on the same page others are posting pics of pooling and artwork tearing under the JJP black washers.

3 weeks later
#2069 2 years ago

do not steal my Downvote type Writings.
i am sure i was the one who first said Wonka is a kiddie theme like Toy Story .

Quoted from jimwe5t:

What you don’t like my view that Kiddie Wonka is a kiddie candy theme?

upvote . downvote . LOL

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game/page/15#post-6519122

#2103 2 years ago

Now this is not good on JJP ,You coming here telling other CE buyers that we are Nothing, we are not as important as you and your Game is Warrantied and ours is not. I am sure my money and yours is the same > WHAT THE F is going on here. ? Let the floodgates open and let us all Get Warrantied . WTF is this really?.

Happy for you and What a bunch of Bullshit that this is the way JJP Barry helps who the F he wants and fks others. This is not good for Ethics.
Ethics one OH One 101 Treat all equal. Now look at this Bullshit .
Way to ruin my morning. F You JJP>

Quoted from JohnTTwo:I had a playfield issue and my distro and JJP made me 100% happy.
Barry went above and beyond and Jason my distro went above and beyond.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

A small chip on my playfield. Got a free new playfield (I did agree to pay the shipping) and then Barry send me a couple new pieces of invisaglass for my troubles on another issue I had.

#2104 2 years ago

not good enough i guess for a New Playfield huh?
But some other guys is !
LOL

Quoted from Skyemont:Yes. Not only did the art work come up, it pulled the clear and mylar.

#2106 2 years ago

Just sent Barry a Doozie of an Email.
Not that it will matter most likely .
Funny my money is not the same as yours.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2108 2 years ago

Thanks for the Wishes but as far as my Communications to date was professional. but met with resistance and no quick replies and had to have my Distro Help every time.
The last one not as much and doubt i will get a response either as i waited weeks before playing my game as it was self destructing from just playing it before they would answer the simple question of if to put on the washers they told me they would send me.
hen didnt send them and didnt reply to me.
month later i am Told They forgot to send the washers and buy them myself.
which my distro did but then didnt answer my email if that is propper. then they said no ,they do not want the washers added yet the playfield kept getting worse . now i put washers on and damage is past it.
Then it took several emails to be put on list to get a Playfield for cost. now others get playfield for the cost of shipping..

This is bs and will read up on / warranty rights

Laws give you more rights
If you discover that something you bought is defective, contact the retailer and manufacturer to ask for a repair, replacement, or refund.
Along with companies’ express warranties, you also have “implied warranties” under state law. The Uniform Commercial Code, a set of laws adopted in much the same form by all states and the District of Columbia, provides an automatic “implied warranty of merchantability.” That unwritten protection guarantees that consumer products are free of substantial defects and will function properly for a reasonable period of time. What’s “reasonable” depends on the type of product and the amount you paid. States typically limit implied warranties to four years. They apply to products you buy from retailers that normally sell such items.

But here’s where it gets complicated: Most states allow companies to negate, or “disclaim,” the implied warranty by conspicuously disclosing that a product is being sold “as is” or “with all faults,” or by simply stating there’s no implied warranty. And manufacturer warranties typically do just that. “In my opinion, every warranty you see is taking away rights you would otherwise have,” says Richard Alderman, director of the University of Houston’s consumer law center.

Eleven states (Connecticut, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Vermont, Washington, and West Virginia) and the District of Columbia prohibit consumer products from being sold “as is.” In some of those states, stores can still sell items without implied warranties if they follow strict requirements, such as telling the customer exactly what’s wrong with the product or by selling the item as a factory second.

States take these laws seriously. Last year, Maine reached a settlement with a new-car dealer that it accused of disclaiming implied warranties by telling consumers that only the manufacturer, not the dealership, was responsible for serious vehicle defects. The implied warranty also applies to most used goods sold by merchants, including used cars in some states.

And last, the federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits companies from disclaiming implied warranties during any period that its written warranty or any service contract is in effect.

What you should do. If you discover that something you bought is defective—even after the written warranty has expired—contact the retailer and manufacturer to ask for a repair, replacement, or refund. It doesn’t matter what the retailer’s return policy is or that the manufacturer put a notice on the box telling you not to return the item to the store.

Don’t expect a salesperson or customer service representative to know about these extra rights. To get satisfaction, you might have to go up the corporate ladder or post your complaint online, say, on the company’s Facebook page. If that fails, try complaining to the Better Business Bureau and to your state attorney general or consumer protection office. Send a demand letter threatening to take the company to small-claims court. If it’s an expensive product, contact a consumer attorney. (You can find one at naca.net.) .

1 week later
#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

:Insert facepalm meme here:
The evidence is overwhelming. You rose colored glasses don't need any tweaking, that's sure

i agree and the word quality SHOULD NOT be stamped on the playfield like it is on the bottom left of the playfield . Especially with my flaked off after pooling playfield art went bye bye . And a the washer kit washers does not cover it

#2285 2 years ago

i am with you.. Dream theme or not... Not another penny ...... With GnRCe As great as it is , I can not justify the Sheety Playfield they sold me ,and do not back the product they sold me.
The most important part of the pinball machine aside from the Electronics is the DAMN playfield, And after 200 plays it should not BE FALLING APART AND POOLING AND CHIPPING to be stamped with a Collector quality BADGE OF HONOR when the playfield didn't last a few months after 200 normal plays .
JJP You really Suck . No passing the blame to Micro , you used them , YOU MAKE IT RIGHT !!!!!!!!

Quoted from Zitt:

Wouldn't care if JJp is doing star trek Picard or discovery .. they wouldn't get a dime of my money with the current management and quality problems

2 weeks later
#2371 2 years ago

which is why jjp are Better Quality as far as pinball goes and more expensive and heavier ..well was more expensive
now that Stern thinks the LE's are worth 10800 for a Homepin with a coin door ,Upgraded Playfield and Screen and over 6k for a Pro which again a stripped LE Homepin with upgrade, lol
. Just look how many new Godzillas are having issues. Yes Great looking game. great theme ,But Out of the park expensive for what it is .. What was a transformers / star wars home pin price under 3 k?
Put a Better PF /LCD add coin door and bump the price 2 fold...lol ... Keep buying . Me , no more. I will have quarters on hand and go play somewhere and let others Pay these Gouged prices /.
The Playfield from Mirco Sucks however . looks great until it starts it Self destruction from normal plays in the play areas / the washers are not a solution .

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I tend to agree - but don't think may others do
JJP threw a PC in there
Stern has boards designed for a pinball machine

#2375 2 years ago

JJP did not make the PF . and that is the Only Issue..

Fanboy of JJP= Not likely . My first and last JJP due to Warranty

Quoted from Palmer:

JJP fanboys are always making the argument that weight = quality.

Talk out your Bazzooo . Make claims i am a Fanboy..Lol Fake News man

3 months later
#2489 2 years ago

it was isolated to posts / Pooling and chipping around them, And I agree a New Free replacement should be issued . even if all 500 CE playfields were
replaced for free at 500 a pop is 250 thousand . and after they hiked the LE prices up the 1k each i thought to cover it but it was more of a stern Price gouge

Quoted from bossk4hire:

I've not seen any pooling that has effected game play. Am I missing something other than around some of the posts?

Quoted from jfh:

This. I have been waiting to get a Toy Story LE/CE for years but no way am I going to order one unless it’s very clear the playfield issues are behind them.

well if it is a CE you want and you wait then you will have to pay way over the MSRP to a Flipping Doushbag fr thousands more just because you are afraid of a small area of pooling . where is Stern has the Grainy issues and other stuff too. So guess you will treat stern the same . and buy later for Extra money due to The, Again Buying And flipping for more .. You lose either way .
Let me explain .
I bought a CE for 12500 + 300 shipping 12800 total to door / Yes JJP playfield sucked and pooled . Get 500 dollar extra playfield (CHECK) now at 13300 For the game and have one chipped PF and one Non Issue uninstalled PF NOS > GREAT

No i wait . Lets see if no pooling. Game sells out to Shills .. They Flip the CE 500 only made for 15k or more... LOOKS LIKE MY 13300 Dollar pin is well under that Price. I WIN / F>U /

So many telling me i got ripped. GTFOH / Love the game . Got an Extra Playfield yet i need not do anything because even with the Pooling , it effects play =0

I win./ WIN WIN / Do not buy them. that way i do not have to scramble for the CE / Leave them for the Smarter people Like Zaphx

Quoted from zaphX:

Hah, not sure if you're stalking me on other forums

yes he stalks people he does not agree with and downvotes and keeps on Attack regardless of the logic one way or the other . But clear he likes you now

#2493 2 years ago

must be hard to figure out somehow..
Who is selling GnrCe for 13330 ? That comes with an Extra NOS Sparkle playfield

#2495 2 years ago

i doubt Mirco ran a new CE Sparkle PF and will send out Old Stock ones that by now are cured . I hope it is how you say NS

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:wouldn't it technically be NS = New Stock and not NOS = New Old Stock

#2499 2 years ago

what pisses me off about this is the Price. I think i should only pay that for my Warranty Only Replacement price instead of the 500 plus shipping i am told it will cost..
LIKE WTF JJP!!!!!!!!
I should get it for free or at least at this price. F.U Mofo JJP
/ But i love the game
Damnit

Quoted from Yoko2una:

https://pinballwizard.com/products/guns-n-roses-nitl-promotional-playfield?variant=40931881648334
"This is a factory "second" not suitable for installation in your production game."
If PF's in JJP games are crap, WTF is a factory second going to look like? Hang it on the wall and clear coat just melts off to your floor?

1 week later
#2537 2 years ago

and all it really is ,is a 4500 dollar homepin/ like BM 66 / or god le or a https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/wrestlemania-le

Quoted from Knxwledge:

How much more does it cost Stern to add "...signed trading card, ...a special dagger shooter knob, ‘paranormal purple’ paintwork, a signed copy of Elvira’s memoirs and 40th anniversary branding on the backglass and cabinet artwork..." to the EHOH 40th Anniversary? About the same probably, but those have no problem selling for $20k-$25k on the secondhand market

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
9,600 (OBO)
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=pinfever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.