(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 2 years ago

Because they view this community as a bunch of suckers that does NOT know how to say "no".

Its like watching your friend date a crazy chick. She's hot AF, but she also is hurtful, manipulative, toys with your emotions, and is known to commit false allegations of rape - but hey - she is hot and you bagged her so roll the dice and hope it works out!!!

Least it is not a cargument.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm really tired of this one but after playfield issues plaguing Pirates, then early's Wonka's, and now early GNR's (and at least 1 recent April 2021 build) I can't help but to ask why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields? Why is JJP not holding Mirco accountable for these issues if it's on them or not allowing playfields enough time to cure?...

One last thing, I have have a GNR LE on order that should be shipped next month. I'm hoping I win the playfield lottery and have a great game. However, as I mentioned above at least one owner with an April build (with washers installed at the factory) had pooling / chipping in at least one playfield area towards the back of the game...
[quoted image]

Looks like you answered your own question. You people simply dont know how to say "no". You HAVE to have that "ooo shiney" that you're willing to take a five digit risk. Dude, you're putting $10K+ out HOPING it is going to work out for you.

Give it to me. I'll invest in crypto and make WAY more money for you, and best of all, you wont feel bent over.

3 weeks later
#376 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Over the last couple of evenings I spent some time installing a Pinwoofer kit and art blades on my new TMNT Premium. It was nice not having to worry about playfield issues and just enjoy the game I bought. This is how this hobby should be when paying these crazy asking prices.
The last thing we should have to deal with as customers is playfield issues. In my opinion the playfield, and cabinet are 2 fundamental components of a pinball machine that should be a given to be done right. If there's a mech / hardware issue here or there ok, stuff happens. However, the playfield and cabinet should be the last thing a customer ever has to worry about.

Well, it is honestly pretty simple. People keep buying the games, so the manufacturers keep hosing y'all over.

Here, I'll go visual aids to help.

People keep doing this, despite all the issues we have seen to include multiple YEARS of PF QC problems:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The manufacturers see that with PFs that couldn't take a mouse's fart without losing artwork and see this:

And as a result, the community as whole gets treated like this:

Pretty straight-forward, but man, those dream themes just REALLY hook some of you.

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because these games are so GREAT overall you all know that FOMO will take over again and TOY STORY will sell out CEs immediately AGAIN!
It’s just the way it is. Why? Because not enough people will STOP buying JJP games even under the current conditions.
Pinball people know the overall value they get.
If I wasn’t 100% correct then you wouldn’t be able to sell a JJP POTC for anything yet the CEs go for $35k now
Stop and think about that for a minute. Then get a raincoat for all that “pissing in the wind”.

I cannot tell you how irritating and frustrating it is for me to tell you that you're right.

You have people like me that will hit the PAUSE button and refuse to buy anything NIB until this is fixed. There are WAY TOO MANY people writing checks to make anything change...

I hate how much I agree with you on this. I really do : (.

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This, is why we are so angered by this entire thing. They simply don't care.

And as long as this community keeps buying with ever increasing prices, it'll stay that way.

Stockholm Syndrome in this hobby is unmatched.

3 months later
#1899 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

First you have to admit that there is a problem. He can't even do that.

Kind of no need to when people cant help themselves and keep "buy buy buy"'ing

2 weeks later
#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I expect JJP to deny the issue. But all the washers tells me they agree it’s an issue, they just won’t talk about it outside the company. I’m pretty sure those are extra costs, research, and work they don’t want to deal with. That and the bad PR. Time will tell, but if they don’t dump Mirco on the next build, I’m pretty sure they are going to lose a lot of sales

But they'll sure "jack" those prices up....

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes!! I have pooling on post that are not even touched by the ball.

JJP thanks you for doing their work for them!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.