(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yesh, sadly as far as "continued" playfield issues go it's now just JJP. Stern thankfully actually did something other then washers to correct the issue. Removing artwork around all sling posts fixed the issue for Stern. Why JJP doesn't do the same thing is beyond annoying.

Stern still has issues, guide rails digging into playfields, pulling clear and artwork up. Stern did, however, change their process I think with Elvira. Noticeably thinner clear coat.

2 weeks later
#151 2 years ago

Are all of the JJP playfields made by Mirco? My LE with a build date of Dec 2020 has no playfield issues so far. If they are all Mirco, weird that some are good and some arent.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

A playfield without an issue is nice to hear. I have been wondering if these pooling issues are inevitable or not. It seems like it could happen that some pfs are OK and won't need washers placed around posts or any other mitigating solutions. Or am I just being wishful? I have a GnR LE on order and have been closely following these threads.

i notice too in the pics people are posting that the washers are much bigger than what I have on my game.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

...that no manufacturer seems to really want to throw any money at the problem right now.

I think Stern has largely corrected the issue related to pooling and I believe they did bring in help to correct it. They still have issues related to ball guides digging into the playfield, at least through AIQ (my LZ doesn't have that issue), but in general, their playfields all now look good from a pooling and chipping perspective. Might be JP was the last game that had issues.

1 week later
#473 2 years ago

This issue reminds me a bit about the Volkswagen diesel issue of a few years ago. To regain trust, they made substantial changes to their warranty…in favor of the buyer. Jjp it seems now has a lot of work ahead of itself to regain trust. They will have to produce games with good playfields and stand behind those games. Problem is they may not have pockets deep enough like Volkswagen does.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15339627/volkswagen-extends-six-year72000-mile-bumper-to-bumper-warranty-to-nearly-its-entire-lineup/

Quoted from jarozi:

Ultimately this isn't about the playfield defect. Shit happens and production problems occur. It's about how they are remediating it, which is to say not at all. Well that's not true, they revised the warranty to address this issue, from this (GnR Manual Nov 2020):
What is covered on the game?
Our Bumper to Post“ Limited Warranty” covers every part in your new Jersey Jack Pinball Machine for 90 days from the date of purchase written on your invoice. The LCD monitor will be covered for 1 year from the date of purchase written on your invoice.
To this (GnR Manual May 2021):
What is covered on the game?
Our Limited Warranty covers only the items listed below (“Covered Parts”) from the date the machine is shipped to JJP’s authorized distributors
(or directly to the original owner), for the period of time indicated (the “Warranty Period”):
1. Printed circuit boards (game logic). Warranty Period – Sixty (60) Days.
2. LCD monitor. Warranty Period - Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.
The optimist in me hopes they are discussing another, less customer-hostile, solution. Also, that JJP won't apply the letter of the law in most cases.

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it’s a good bet JJPs pockets aren’t “as deep” as Volkswagen’s. By many billions of dollars.

I didn’t say they had to be as deep in nominal terms, they just need to be deep enough to stand behind their games if problems arise.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s many who believe JJP still hasn’t turned a profit.
Like most things cars it’s just hard to compare JjP or any other pinball maker to any established car company. They certainly can’t afford the kind of “trust us again” campaign VW had to mount.

You are smart enough to understand the comparison. Volkswagon’s story offers a good lesson for other companies. Fix your product and then stand behind it to regain trust.

1 month later
#1389 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Per Barry.... No playfields will be sent out at this time.

Not only that, but warranty doesn’t cover the playfield anymore. Not good.

#1417 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That’s why JJP is out in any of future purchases. I’m not gonna add more stress in my life over ignored emails and phone calls from my hobby manufacturer.
Stern also. Just as bad with customer warranty. Good luck to both of them.
BUY! BUY! BUY!

I’ve never had any issues with stern either in or out of warranty. They've been responsive and sent parts quickly. I have less experience with jjp service, but when I have had an issue, they’ve also been responsive. I’m talking parts, not playfield issues. I’m comfortable buying stern games, less so jjp at the moment.

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

BTW, I see lime 15 GNRs for sale. Is it because the bad PFs or the game gets old fast?

They are easy to sell and generate liquidity quickly. If you bought before the price increase you likely have a nice gain. I don’t think most people are selling because of the playfields. Most damage can be repaired and covered. Game doesn’t get old either, at least not to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.99
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.