(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#441 2 years ago

Ultimately this isn't about the playfield defect. Shit happens and production problems occur. It's about how they are remediating it, which is to say not at all. Well that's not true, they revised the warranty to address this issue, from this (GnR Manual Nov 2020):

What is covered on the game?
Our Bumper to Post“ Limited Warranty” covers every part in your new Jersey Jack Pinball Machine for 90 days from the date of purchase written on your invoice. The LCD monitor will be covered for 1 year from the date of purchase written on your invoice.

To this (GnR Manual May 2021):

What is covered on the game?
Our Limited Warranty covers only the items listed below (“Covered Parts”) from the date the machine is shipped to JJP’s authorized distributors
(or directly to the original owner), for the period of time indicated (the “Warranty Period”):
1. Printed circuit boards (game logic). Warranty Period – Sixty (60) Days.
2. LCD monitor. Warranty Period - Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.

The optimist in me hopes they are discussing another, less customer-hostile, solution. Also, that JJP won't apply the letter of the law in most cases.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern survived GB.

JJP will survive this, no doubt. If it was all about survival, you're right, guessing owners/mgmt want to do more than survive though. Regarding the Stern comparison didn't they send out fully popped GB playfields to put that one behind them?

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Doesn’t prevent my enjoyment of the game one iota.

I'm in the same boat. I had a JJPOTC with pooling, it never chipped and I installed my post kit and didn't complain like a good boy. Because there was no damage. And I'll open my GnR, which is on the way from JJP now, and play it.

I'd just feel better about it if I knew the company had my back if, worst case, I do have those issues you've seen in the pics. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Baffled why people think that makes them a good boy, because they didn’t complain about big problems with poor quality

Agreed Jim, for me and I expect most of us, there are levels of poor quality. And we all have our own tolerances and expectations of quality. If a stitch or three come undone on a piece of furniture, or a small area of orange peel is noticed in a coat of paint, well for me, meh. If the stuffing starts to show or that orange peel starts to expose raw material in the first 100 uses, well then help me out.

Once I installed those posts I had no further issue and you couldn't see the bubbling. And outside that issue JJP was very helpful with other issues I had; sticky action button, misaligned LCD, and another issue or two. They took care of it. Which was only ++customerLove.

So I'm a bit discouraged, and I do mean just a bit, because I think it's a move to insulate from the truly un-appeasable, that they find it necessary to revise the warranty to basically 1992 Sega pinball standards. Because who the F ever wants to compare to what might have been the darkest hour of pinball history, 90's Sega.

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But I own a 90's Sega... and its not THAT bad, well OK it does have a pile of shit on the playfield

Ha, thanks for that, nearly a legit spit take.

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

That shitty game earns well too!

I bet, when I got into pinball I wanted a South Park so bad. It was around 2000/1 and there was one on eBay for ~$3500. Didn't have the funds or I woulda thought hard about it.

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Why wait? It's a given as people continue to buy even when they have no solutions.

Agreed, but I think the trick is JJP wants to fix this. Even if this currently costs them negligible sales, it still costs them grief and diminished reputation, and who wants that? Hopefully this is bottom, and they look seriously at a new supplier or other steps; better QC, supplier testing, etc to not have this happen on the next one.

The owners of JJP Inc. want to own the competition, believe it. At least I hope they do as any red blooded capitalist should.

#469 2 years ago

There was someone or someone's at WMS that made this all work, that's what the current players are missing. That prodigal influence who brought magic into the meeting room, which translated into magic in to games, in to the process. I think we attribute that to designers of yester yore, but I'm less sure that's who it was. Was it Kaminkow? Probably not him alone of course, but the team. The designers needed the editing, but equally they need the engineering prowess and budget. It's that recipe that is different (worse?) today.

2021 Stern are money making experts, which exhibits it's own beauty. If not on the playfield, then on the balance sheet and will net longevity if not notability.

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You’re not supposed to PLAY them Ice! You’re supposed to admire them, mod them, obsess about the cosmetics then sell with under 200 plays.

This hobby sorta kinda went to shit when it went collectible. F U BBB! For the rest of us, play till tired, then sell and buy something else.

I have literally had people get angry at me for selling some jank-beater 90's WMS DMD for too little because I "coulda got more". Who cares?! I want this shit outta my garage so I can make room for the next game I'll tire of in 2 months.

That's the shit-wagon not-secret of this whole hobby. Deep games are shallow by current vid-game entertainment standards. So play till you tire and move on, 99% of the time that will be before playfield (k-man sez) disintegration.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=jarozi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.