(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like a weird hill to choose to die on...

That meeting had to be so awkward. I would love to hear the audio of how they justified their new "no warranty on playfield" policy. They were probably patting themselves on the back and truly believed it was the right decision.

Hate that this horse keeps getting beat on, but its just such a shame they still have these issues when I really do think their games are a thing of beauty. Seeing that damn dragon breath fire in Hobbit is literally what made me want a pinball machine as opposed to getting some used arcade games.

MULTI BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Man, now I want a Hobbit, with a perfect playfield

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My distributor got an email from Barry today about my GNRCE. They will buy it back and I have until June 7th to make my mind up. If I decline, no other resolution will be offered. They know no CE owner will do this (I think) so it’s a easy way out for them.

This, is why we are so angered by this entire thing. They simply don't care.

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When I get time I will have to do a complete tear down and put washers where needed. Pain in the ass on a 5 month old game but oh well. In the meantime my league guys are going to want to play but I can’t let them. The more it’s played the worse it gets.

Sincerely best of luck, I know this is a grail pin for you and hope you can do whatever it takes to continue enjoying the game again.

#695 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Devil’s advocate mode:
I think from JJPs perspective, buying back the games IS the most reasonable option.
It is not impossible that there may be some form of a “write-off” or other means by which JJP can mitigate some of the financial losses this will incur, and that by offering full refunds they will satisfy any legal obligations to the buyer and absolve themselves of being compelled to go to the trouble and expense of undertaking a long, drawn-out effort to customize the “solutions” to each individual buyer. Let bygones be bygones, chalk it up as a big fiasco and try to learn something, and press onward to the next title.
It sucks if you are the owner of one of the defective ones and prefer to keep your game and make it “right”, but that’s an emotional thing and outside the scope of the legal and corporate concerns that dictate the reality of the situation.
Frankly, I think it’s a small miracle that the refund option even exists in the first place. Given JJPs apparently marginal customer service of late I figured the “best” solution that could have been hoped for would have been a replacement unpopulated playfield, so if I were a disgruntled owner I’d literally jump at the opportunity to walk away from the mess financially unscathed!
Some folks’ inability to think about this stuff with their heads rather than their hearts is truly to their detriment!

I personally took JJP up on the buyback offer in February, and have never received a call as promised. This was on an SE. Maybe if I had a CE they would have called me back. I have my doubts anyone has received one dime back from JJP.

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I would sell it back and charge them $1000 extra to wrap and pallet it, then just duct tape it to a pallet, legs on, backbox up and send it on its merry way... what's good for the goose...

Sounds good, but I was told

"The boxing material will be sent out.

After the game is boxed a pickup is scheduled.

Once we receive the machine, we check it out.

A refund will then be issued."

Assuming they even contact you back you wont receive one dime until they inspect the game for further damage. So JJP reserves the right to inspect for damage that YOU may have done to the machine, just not the other way around.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

To recap, this is a small group, we offered to everyone affected a very generous resolution based on their game model.
Barry Engler

lol

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Wait, wait, wait... I am changing my position on this, IF it's true that JJP is offering to buy back the games at full price and cover the fees for shipping the game back to them...
Well, wtf? Send it back then. Problem solved. Move on with your life?

They did offer this, but the fact remains no one is chiming in stating they actually got the money back. I took them up on the offer to buy back my machine, was told I would get a call back in 2-6 weeks and never got a call. I checked back in and was told it’s still in process but would get a call from Jen, and never got a call.

This was in February. I don’t think they necessarily lied, but they certainly didn’t follow through, and their focus is most certainly not on taking care of upset customers currently.

Not trying to burn them at the stake, but they certainly will never see another dime of my money. They have yet to prove they can deal with any sort of volume whatsoever, and as a consumer, just disappointing.

Zero fucks given at this point, but I do feel it’s important that potential future customers understand the risks in dealing with this company. I think that’s reasonable.

#775 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

that is interesting. I would get my money back as well and move on but everyone is different.

I was prepared to take the buy back. They never called me back. Over 4 months now

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

But you listed and sold it in March? Did you give them 6 weeks to buy it back. Confused.

Dunno why you are confused, JJP had no clue I sold the game. I would have informed them as such had they called me. Does me selling the game negate the fact they never followed up?

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No just curious if that’s why they didn’t respond.

fair question

2 weeks later
#975 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sticking with just the facts Icey, just the facts. JJP PF history has proven what I said about them and Mirco are the facts. Can’t deny JJP/Mirco proven history.

Not that I am anybody, but 100 percent agree that this is on JJP. If Mirco is the one to blame here why does JJP continue going back to that well? Stockholm Syndrome? I mean, im sure both are to blame, but this is JJPs problem to correct, gotta take care of the customer, and hold the vendors feet to the fire where necessary. Its what you do if you give even the slightest fuck about customer service.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1071 2 years ago
058E3411-5A0E-4B95-8843-EC4232CC7F30 (resized).jpeg058E3411-5A0E-4B95-8843-EC4232CC7F30 (resized).jpeg
#1148 2 years ago

Talking about flipper power seems a bit silly in this thread. JJP makes an incredible product, its just a major kick in the dick they cant be bothered to fix playfield issues. As a community, fanboys of either company should enjoy each others company and occasionally each others game, and all agree that no pinball company should be this inept when it comes to making a piece of wood with a protective coating on it. Its 2021 FFS.

1 month later
#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

This was included inside my machine, is this a new thing or just something I haven’t seen before on a jjp purchase? [quoted image]

I didn’t get that with my game. Someone’s lazy attempt at damage control it seems.

3 weeks later
#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Down the line if JJP can consistently improve Quality and Customer service, I will give it a consideration - until they have the track record, I am out

I agree, but they have literally done the opposite in terms of reassuring customers. They can't even be bothered to admit there is an issue, and for me that's reason enough to never purchase anything from them in the future.

I played Wonka and Dialed In at a league night last weekend, and really enjoyed them! Both incredibly beautiful games that shot like butter, but in terms of new games I outright refuse to put dollars in the pocket of a company whose spokesperson blames the customer for chipping playfields. To me, that is inexcusable, and really shows how out of touch they are. Jack promised customers this issue was behind them, and when proven it wasn't he blamed the customer. Its clear they have zero intention of getting better.

#1867 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

This is absolutely beautiful, I think you'll agree.
[quoted image]

Customers fault, clearly you took the game out of the box and played it.

#1892 2 years ago

I live in a world where jimwe5t and zaphX are able to cordially communicate comfortably in the presence of one another. Both sides of the spectrum and yet manage to be able to shake hands in the name of pinball.

Tonight, I am a proud to live in that world.

3 weeks later
#2084 2 years ago

Recently sold an Avengers (personally found it boring, no fault of the game) and bought a perfect Dialed In (perfect playfield, fun game, wife loves it, etc).

The issue isnt JJP games, but rather the fact when they give you a defective product (countless Wonkas, GNRs, etc.) they give zero fucks as to making it right.

I would encourage everyone to only buy used JJP games until they actually stand behind their product.

JJP - fix this shit, give Stern a reason to give a fuck, it isnt rocket science.

#2100 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

A small chip on my playfield. Got a free new playfield (I did agree to pay the shipping) and the Barry send me a couple new pieces of invisaglass for my troubles on another issue I had.

Wish I could say I had a similar experience.

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I have not either but I wish they would improve their quality and make me confident enough to buy one becuase I would like to do so

Used is the best way to buy their games anymore. Got a hell of a deal on dialed in. No need for warranty since they wont honor it anyways, so why pay more?

1 week later
#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think he addressed it this year if I'm not mistaken. thechakapakuni isn't that correct? Remind the group what he told everybody when asked, please.

lol!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.