(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 2 years ago

Has it ever occurred to anyone that to some people (probably the ones who intend to play the hell out of their games and aren’t obsessed with what they’re going to resell for, if they ever sell at all) that it’s just not that big of a deal?

I mean unless they’re losing giant swaths of art it’s not even that noticeable unless you’re looking for it, which we as enthusiasts do. But for casuals and even some owners, it just has to work, right?

While I do agree it sucks (and I blame digital printing FWIW) that it’s happening this way playfields aren’t really made to last forever even in the best of circumstances... even an unused PF will have inserts rise or sink, and used ones get dimples and chips and other assorted damages.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:True enough. Unless...
You ARE losing giant swaths of art. Problem is steel ball rolling over broken cc and bare wood. Not worrying about resale as it falls apart a week after playing. C’mon man. Your excitement for this title is blinding your better judgement it seems.

I feel like people missed that I was simply answering the “Why is JJP still making games with faulty PFs?” question, lol.

2 weeks later
#162 2 years ago

What a dick. He pumped this game mercilessly (like he does everything he likes) and as soon and there was a crack in the armor he slips the knife in. Chris is a charming motherfucker for sure but I’m always amazed that people buy his act.

#163 2 years ago

I’d like to see how his CE is holding up BTW... assuming he even opened it before he flipped it to make a couple grand.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Well, that was after JJP promised good playfield in the future.
Now we know they failed.
Again.
And customers got burned.
Again.
What was your point again?

JJPs promises a aside... Chris K relentlessly promoted the game, got people to buy it, and now he just talks shit. He didn’t tell one person not to buy GNR. Or Wonka for that matter and he bitched out on it. And it’s not like the problem PF trend had not already been established.

And as for publicity, who the hell pays any attention to Chris K besides us pinheads, and we already know!!

Look I’m not saying you can’t like him, it’s a free country. But seriously, I just don’t get the appeal of listening to someone put companies on blast after spending months sucking up to them. YMMV.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#169 2 years ago

And again, I’m not saying JJP shouldn’t make this right. Their process is clearly flawed, and I also agree it’s the digital printing rather than screen printing (from a purely non professional standpoint tho) that has caused this issue and it should be resolved.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I think the reason that kaneda is extra hypocritical right now is because he's doing shows literally telling people to cancel their GnR orders, but he has an unopened CE in a box that he's not going to return. He wants everyone else to put pressure on jjp but he's not going to give up his game.

Thanks for letting me know @seenev. I figured as much. Hell if it was HIS CE that was damaged and he was raging against JJP I would get his “outrage”.

I feel for every guy who’s game is damaged. And mine isn’t perfect either. But what he’s doing isn’t helping us!

And I will say if some guy with a bad PF comes out and says “Hey! JJP fixed my game because of Chris K!” or if JJP comes out and says “Because of Kaneda’s incessant bitching we are replacing all of your PFs!” I will gladly admit I was wrong.

I won’t go back to listening to his show tho, lol.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from jhngh41:

I have a WWLE with a shit ton of plays on it and yeah there's some pooling around a couple of posts but there's not a ton to really worry about. I also have a replacement play field from the guy that I got the pin from but who is really going to either take the time or pay someone to replace it?

Lots of people do swaps or can pay someone to do swaps. It’s probably easier on newer games thanks to the reduced wiring complexity.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I find that statement the hardest to believe! lol JK Scratch that I thought you said WWE.

Hahahaha poor WWE. To be fair tho, it does kinda suck.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hobbit would like a word with you.

There are always exceptions.

I don’t imagine POTC is a fun swap either.

1 week later
#796 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

And then watch jjp sell it for 15k in 2 minutes on market place . LOL

They would probably “destroy” it and take the write off...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=gunstarhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.