(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago

Obviously the vast majority of pinball buyers - be they home or route - don't care about minor playfield flaws.

The only way to protect yourself from the risk of buying a playfield that isn't flawless is to stop buying pinball machines.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

yep, lots of mental illness in this hobby. I have seen this hobby ruin families just like drugs. insane.

Now THERE'S some stories I'd love to hear. What happened?

1 week later
#139 2 years ago

Does JJP really advertise themselves as "passion over profit" or is that standard Panzer hyperbole?

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

GnR is beautiful but that is all. The code sucks. You bat the ball around till you qualify for a song then you play the song and you do it again. The endless multiballs have no point and they are tiring. Im glad mine is sold

Damn that was fast! I thought you loved the fuckin thing!

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is Jack still making these decisions? I thought he was more of a figurehead now and not involved with the nuts and bolts...

You know man...the “royal” Jack.

Whomever Jack is now.

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This issue reminds me a bit about the Volkswagen diesel issue of a few years ago. To regain trust, they made substantial changes to their warranty…in favor of the buyer. Jjp it seems now has a lot of work ahead of itself to regain trust. They will have to produce games with good playfields and stand behind those games. Problem is they may not have pockets deep enough like Volkswagen does.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15339627/volkswagen-extends-six-year72000-mile-bumper-to-bumper-warranty-to-nearly-its-entire-lineup/

I think it’s a good bet JJPs pockets aren’t “as deep” as Volkswagen’s. By many billions of dollars.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It doesn’t need to be, just deep enough to stand behind their games if problems arise.

There’s many who believe JJP still hasn’t turned a profit.

Like most things cars it’s just hard to compare JjP or any other pinball maker to any established car company. They certainly can’t afford the kind of “trust us again” campaign VW had to mount.

#497 2 years ago

I haven't owned a car since 1998 and it was a two-tone silver/gray landau roof 1983 Ford Crown Victoria with all the options which is way cooler than any of the overpriced crap you guys are bragging about so stuff your dicks back in your pants!

God I miss that car.

What were we talking about again?

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll see your Bonneville and raise you a Chrysler Newport Custom. It was so wide you could almost lay flat side-to side in the back seat. Power for days and a whopping 11MPG.

See now we are taking.

Any idiot with a few bucks can buy a Porsche. Takes a real man to drive a boat.

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

To think anyone gives enough of a shit about what you do and don’t find fun to be pissed off by it.
Why would it piss anyone off when it’s just another subjective post full of hyperbole on a forum that is almost completely subjective hyperbole?
You don’t like JJP games because you don’t find them fun….wow, thanks for enlightening us.

You seem a little pissed off!

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

If you can't work on pinball machines, you probably shouldn't own them... Playfield swaps are a different animal of course but again, if you can work on your machine I'll bet you can do a swap...
Jeff

I've been working on pinball machines over 20 years and the last thing I want to do is attempt my first playfield swap...especially on a game I paid LE money for.

Fortunately my LZLE has a gorgeous playfield, guess I lucked out.

#743 2 years ago

Allow me to shill for JJP for a moment...

THey are in a super tough and shitty situation, having sold what appears to be (at least) dozens of lemons at an incredibly high cost to seriously discerning buyers. A full refund/buyback is really their best option. They do not want to be babysitting these games for years on end, they don't want to be dealing with these angry buyers and their playfields for the foreseeable future, so they are offering everybody a chance to get out.

It sucks for people who want their games but at this point it makes the most sense for JJP. They want to wash their hands of this fiasco and move on and they'll never be able to do that if they are still dealing with these games for years to come. JJP isn't VW and they don't have the resources for this to go on for years while at the same time making everybody 100 percent happy. So this is what they've come up with.

In a couple hundred retail sales over the past 15 years I've sold a few lemons and eventually a buyback or trade offer has gone out to customers. At some point it's the best for everybody involved and in my case it's always worked out for myself and my customers.

If I owned one of these games I'd definitely be ready to move on with my life and get my money back. I'd know I could always buy one in the future once these issues are sorted out.

I know it sucks but I'd suggest to anyone affected they seriously consider this offer. It's clear JJP doesn't want to deal with these games anymore, so it's shit or get off the pot time for everybody.

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Except, they aren't. From members that have posted here saying they got a buyback offer, JJP went completely silent. I haven't heard of anyone going through the buyback process successfully. It's a bullshit offer.

It seems the offer has been renewed and made "official," with a deadline of next week. Let's see if anybody takes them up on it and if JJP follows through. As they are sending out this offer in writing I'm inclined to believe they will.

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Not a few lemons or even dozens. I would say it is in the hundreds. The nature of the problem of ink not adhering to the wood will affect most if not all machines eventually. It is no wonder JJP is ignoring people. This is a disaster in reality.

Offering full refunds isn't ignoring people, nor is it a disaster for anybody but JJP. Hopefully they can make this work.

#764 2 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Well the constant drumbeat here of “ Maybe it is just a few playfields that are defective “ isn’t helping anyone but JJP.

I think we all know there's tons of fucked up playfields out there.

There's always a few contrarians but I don't think there's any kind of succesfull disinformation campaign here. We all know it's a big issue for far too many people and so does JJP.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

You go from dozens to a ton. Right………..

(at least) dozens is what I wrote. So could be 100. Or 1000. That's what (at least) means and it's accurate. We've had dozens of complaints here, not thousands.

I don't understand why everything has to become a pitched battle based upon every single word here; this isn't a court room and we aren't under oath.

It makes it difficult and painful to discuss anything when people want to litigate every fucking word all the way to the Supreme Court.

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From a picture JJP posted today on their Facebook page, guess they don't care about posting games with pooling / chipping.
[quoted image]

I see what you are trying to do here but probably not worth it when the photo resolution resembles a digital photo produced in 1982. I seriously can't tell what that's supposed to be.

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Funny how Stern is now seen as the gold standard for high quality pinball machines.

Yep. It is funny how petty the previous complaints seem about “build quality” when people see what serious QC issues actually are.

1 week later
#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

100s of people bedazzling their machines?
Think that's old news around here

Teenage girls?

With the obsession with "toys" and dolls I'm thinking younger.

#1050 2 years ago

You see, pinball is kinda like cars ....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.