(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bendit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My DILE had numerous issues:

A light board was installed off the marked screw holes by almost a full cm. Could barely see the leds from above the pf. Had to rescrew the board day one.

Bob lights wired incorrectly.

Trap door flap broken first week

Phone went black repeatedly. Replaced 3 times. Long process.

Playfield seating design issue on all games.

Backglass lock jams. Common issue.

Different CPUs in games. Early adopters get slower cpu which causes video issues for some (me included).

Bluetooth app support abandoned. Many don't care, but I liked and used this feature.

If you bought the game new, did you at least get the replacement parts for free?

My Hobbit has been rock solid. When I reached out to JJP for the recall kits, they shipped them to me super fast, and for free. The kits come with color pictures with full instructions.

EDIT: I lied a little. The M-A-N drop target assembly got loose, and I had to refasten it. Other than that, it's been great.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Minus shipping.

Really? I was never charged for shipping for the recall parts.

2 weeks later
#590 2 years ago

I own a Hobbit LE. I have no playfield issues unless you count the normal dimpling.

I own 7 other games as well. Much older games, and none have the damn pf art peeling off.

If everything here is true, especially the change in their pf warranty, there's no way I am buying a new JJP machine until this pf crap is resolved.

The pictures in the thread are just... awful.

And yeah, I feel the same way about the pf issues that Stern had. I don't care who makes the machine, your pfs are peeling and you're staying silent on the matter, you ain't getting my money. I'd rather buy proven older games.

#733 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Because people would attempt to hold them accountable and ask how they are addressing the issue. They would rather just be silent, it's much much easier.

Much easier for sure. But I ain't buying then.

Quoted from Colehvac1:

Its fucking stupid, not everyone can work on a pinball machine, just like not everyone can do root canal.

I am not helpless when it comes to fixing machines, but there's no f'ing way I would tackle a PF swap on any JJP machine. Not just because I don't have the time, but mainly because these machines cost too much to begin with. To expect customers to spend 80+ hours on a PF swap is just nuts...

Quoted from John_I:

Yep once all the dimples join together in one big mass, it doesn't look so bad.

Agreed. My Hobbit looks good as well. Dimpling is the least of the worries here.

#756 2 years ago

Wait, wait, wait... I am changing my position on this, IF it's true that JJP is offering to buy back the games at full price and cover the fees for shipping the game back to them...

Well, wtf? Send it back then. Problem solved. Move on with your life?

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No playfields are resolved. Washers is their fix. They are just praying they hold up.

Is that a fact? How do you know this?

#851 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Anybody in the market for a second-hand JJP game is going to specifically be looking for this damage and the price of the game will be lower because of it.

Probably. I know I would. I am glad my Hobbit is perfect.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#903 2 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Dimples? I don't see any dimples.

There are 2 above the top panty line, one on her left side and one on her right.

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Karma is an ugly thing if ignored. JJP’s silence on the many issues they’re facing is not surprising, as they’ve done this on 3 or 4 games before.

You know, you guys are acting like Stern was great when their playfield issues surfaced...

4 weeks later
#1337 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

too many people like PanzerFreak bought anyway because well; he stated the reasons in his admission which I read to be emotion not logic.

Yes, because buying games that are often more than $8,000 sight-unseen is super logical to begin with.

3 weeks later
#1663 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

After that he cuts/drills the holes and kickers/lanes , and clearcoat again. Here is where the issue is. The first clearcoat is still soft and when cutting there is no protection on the cutted sections

So CLEARly the problem is: too thick, too fast.

(that's what she said)

The Hobbit playfields are great. I wonder why they did not stick with that recipe?

2 months later
#2216 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

this affects every game JJP makes.

No. The Hobbit is the exception.

1 week later
#2316 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

This is precisely what pisses me off so much. There are perfect games out there, holding up just fine. And then there's my pile of shit playfield. And JJP is just sweeping it under the rug.

I've been following this thread (I own a Hobbit). I'm sorry, I would be livid too.

Stupid question though; How come you guys don't all get together and start a litigation against JJP? The initial lawyer cost can't be that much when shared and there are many of you here in this thread?

2 weeks later
#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:Any one have issues with The Hobbit and pooling?

My LE only has dimpling. Otherwise, super nice.

#2427 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

We unofficially support any modern Intel based system up to the release date of each ISO update.

It's also worth noting that I can probably buy a PC motherboard with RAM right now (not latest tech, but good enough to run my Hobbit) for less than the price of a Stern Node board.

Also, I have HTPCs in my house currently that have Dell and Asus motherboards that have been on 24/7 for at least 5 years. I am not even counting my old Dell server that has been on for the last decade. Granted, on the server, I had to replace one of the power supplies.

Also, I have an Atari ST emulator that runs on x86/x64 that run games from 1987. In 30 years, you might be able to emulate an x64 platform for your JJP machine way easier than trying to find an actual ARM-specific board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bendit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.