(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 2 years ago

My DILE had numerous issues:

A light board was installed off the marked screw holes by almost a full cm. Could barely see the leds from above the pf. Had to rescrew the board day one.

Bob lights wired incorrectly.

Trap door flap broken first week

Phone went black repeatedly. Replaced 3 times. Long process.

Playfield seating design issue on all games.

Backglass lock jams. Common issue.

Different CPUs in games. Early adopters get slower cpu which causes video issues for some (me included).

Bluetooth app support abandoned. Many don't care, but I liked and used this feature.

Code for multiballs and b.o.b. targets needs improving, but they won't do it.

All that being said, the phone and it's characters are the best integration of a second screen in all of pinball. The camera integration was new and is still awesome. It's one of Pat's best layouts. Build quality, aside from trouble spots, is great. It isn't cheap, like stern.

Stern offers a more robust machine, but they don't offer innovation. I don't know if I'd buy nib from either at this point. I just picked up a doctor who, and the shots are 10x more satisfying than anything in gnr....

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That sounds like a real lemon. I've had hardly any issues with mine what so ever.

Nah. I just had to work on it. Plays perfect.

I'm still praying that they will add code to make the Bob targets rotate with flipper buttons. It's almost impossible to aim and hit the bottom Bob target.

Drone magnet: throws ball toward left drain.

Electric dude: often bumps ball toward left drain after theatre soft release. Super unfair design.

Other magnets: often throw the ball toward left drain.

When I play, I frequently lose the ball down the left drain through no fault of my own. If I could consistently relight kickback, it would add more variety to the game and make it far, far better.

Pretty sure they've abandoned the code aside from their wifi addition. It's a shame as polishing Bob and multiballs would make it one of the greatest machines of all time, and it wouldn't take that much to get er done.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Can't speak for Wonka but one code revision on DI made the animations at the phones choppy and delayed. Some people freaked out and started changing out components on the cpu.
Then another code revision was released and the problem went away.

Code didn't fix my sync issues.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

If you bought the game new, did you at least get the replacement parts for free?
My Hobbit has been rock solid. When I reached out to JJP for the recall kits, they shipped them to me super fast, and for free. The kits come with color pictures with full instructions.
EDIT: I lied a little. The M-A-N drop target assembly got loose, and I had to refasten it. Other than that, it's been great.

Yeah, the parts were covered under warranty. The amount of time wasted wasn't.

2 weeks later
#543 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Good job controlling your emotional decisions. Ladies have a much harder time with that.

Sexism is fun!

3 weeks later
#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

And a big lol at that's why Stern eliminated subways. It wasn't a cost cutting measure but an epiphany that Stern realized nobody wanted to lose sight of the ball!

Lol. Yeah right. They cost cut everything, but subways were just a coincidence?

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Again you’re making the exact same points I’m making. JJP fan club boys are enraged at the truth and always attempt to denigrate the messengers of truth. It is hilarious that JJP cheerleaders can only think I’m ragging on JJP. Not attempting to do that, only expressing the areas of weakness in their games so hopefully they will take a hard look and change. JJP has some good ideas and I buy their games too. Just slow clumsy, game play and weak flipper action is getting tiresome. Eric is young and inexperienced designer, so this is to be expected. Hopefully he’ll improve. Pat on the other hand has made the 2 best offerings from JJP, but both machines needed a few more white woods and R&D to hold up to his TZ, AF, etc. efforts.

No. You're just wrong in your assessment. Fanboyism has little to do with it. Are their flippers different? Yes. It's DI slow and clumsy? GTFOH.

#1260 2 years ago

JJPs rules are always problematic. I begged them directly to fix DI (which is one of the better jjp games), but they just wouldn't do it. Multiballs are just inserted, Bob rules are imbalanced and create drain issues, and modes are insanely imbalanced with all else.

They just aren't good at coding good rulesets. I got Maiden shortly afterward. Man, what a difference!

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I got rid of my dialed in after I realized the ONLY points were from modes. Multiball are worthless, points wise. Still a nice fun game but the guy going back and forth also pissed me off. He was usually messing up shots half the time. Wish he parked somewhere outta the way a bit better.

The moving dude makes the game awesome. I call him "asshole."

"Now, if I can get asshole out of the way, I can nail big Bang." Or, "if asshole blocks this ramp shot again, I'm gonna lose it. Fuckin' asshole!!!!"

They did improve the multiballs, but they still need work, and the modes with big Bang and Sims are way too point heavy.

Bob should be far more present in the game, and most of all, the lit Bob targets should cycle with flipper hits because the lowest Bob target is nearly impossible to hit with a trapped shot. Not being able to relight kickback with skill also makes players avoid the Bob targets altogether. They just couldn't see how this flaw in the ruleset almost ruins the game from an overall rules strategy.

I'll probably never buy a jjp again because of the code. I haven't played gnr yet, but I can almost guarantee I'll be with those who hate the code. The saddest part is that they won't listen like Keith and crew did with Maiden.

I'm not trying to toot my horn, but in my review of Maiden, I suggested that the latter modes being all ramps was tough and redundant and that a floating target would be an improvement. It is now fixed as a floating target and made the game way better. Maybe that was the plan all along, but either way, there were many suggestions by Pinsiders that went into the game. That's how you fine tune code.

3 weeks later
#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Have taken note, that guys listing what they own is not to their advantage in discussing current pinball machines and new ones up coming. If I list out all my machines, I’ll just get bashed for liking one company over another and not even considered by others, that one company puts out way more machine offerings than others. My buddy Romey, already has nicknamed me Gary, lol.

Huh?

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You deaf dumb and nearsighted JJP cheerleaders keep telling yourselves this crap about Stern, but it is also my experience they stand behind all their PFs. You’re kidding yourselves to think they don’t. If you have a warped PF they will replace it. On the other hand, my direct experience with JJP has been the opposite and they refused to take care of issues.
Keep trying to put Stern in the same miserable camp as JJP. Sorry it’s not working for those of us that know the truth. That doesn’t make me Stern’s cheerleader either, because I’ll get all over them for anything they don’t do right, unlike you JJP lackeys. The huge difference is, they stand behind their product and don’t try to flea their responsibilities like the small boutique JJP constantly does. I’m still hoping JJP will put some big boy pants on and do the right thing for Kloss and all those affected by the outrageously bad quality product known as GNR. Look no further than the tons of photos all over the net to know the truth about GNR.

Blah, blah, blah. Stern is just as bad. They used to be worse. They learned after Ghostbusters ghosting issues that it is way cheaper to ignore and explain away pf issues. Stern has gotten a lot better, but they still have a long way to go.

#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

When I’m lucky to afford things I want, such as a new car, I wouldn’t go and flame the manufacturer for the clear coat they used from whatever vendor they used the first time I drive it and a stone kicks up and chips it. Shit happens.
Let’s be honest. People are starving and dying and living in poverty but some people are so arrogant to that fact that they bitch about problems on first run production models of new products the exclusive minority they belong to can afford. In a way, I get it. But really, where do your priorities fall in the grand scheme of things and what are YOU doing to be a positive influence on society and the disadvantaged when you can afford such luxuries and not be willing to assume the risk that comes with such extravagant purchases?
Yeah, you’re bent you spent 10k on a game that won many awards but has some flaws, most of which seem to be from pre-June 2021 builds. How much have you donated to your community or kids or victims of domestic violence? If it’s 0, then go cry to the Rockefeller’s and check yourselves.
Those who feel privileged and entitled will downvote away, I don’t give a damn about your feelings if you fall into the stereotype I’ve articulated above.

Wow, Where'd this guy come from? His complete lack of logic is super entertaining!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#1732 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Think Romulex & Panzer had to bring him out of retirement.

Team RomPanZap! Snuggling Jersey Jack since 2013.

#1738 2 years ago

Hey now... If I didn't know you better, I'd interpret that as unfriendly.

#1741 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

have a chip in the clear coat on my wonka. i searched the heck out of this so sorry in advance. I tried this guide but no help https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration
what are folks using to touch up a tiny chip in the clear coat where the art is exposed? I don't even want to touch the thing because this mirco stuff is pretty terribad.
CA? oil urathane? 2PAC? Or just stick a piece of mylar over it and pray to the gods?

Stern used to send out little bottles of touch up clear. I'd probably use a high grade nail polish. Same thing. Level the pf and it will self level.

3 weeks later
#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I got the joke, and I’m a caveman

Cleary, you're a caveboy.

1 week later
#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I am pretty confident you've spent more than 6 hours on pinside since you got it so that's just a matter of priorities.
I hope you keep it as I bet you'll be one of those people who says why did I sit in the fence for so long....

This ignorantly assumes that people should equate downtime (posting on Pinside) with labor (fixing a game when you shouldn't have to).

#1956 2 years ago

Just don't take any advice from the jjp nut-huggers. I used to love the company... USED TO.

1 week later
#2064 2 years ago

Jim worst and Romulick should get a room. They could make little troll babies together.

1 week later
#2199 2 years ago

I can't believe there's still a debate.

- Bad playfields, check.

-Altering warranty so it's useless, check.

- Greedily screwing over distros with #s, check.

- Blaming the customer, check.

- Raising prices on a flawed product mid-production, check.

- Ghosting customers in need of support, check.

- Avoiding recognition of issues for years, check.

Pinsiders: "Uh, hey guys, do you think the new run is okay?"

#2259 2 years ago

Jeez guys, slow down. This is a thread about bad QC at JJP. If you want to talk about JJP being awesome, you're in the wrong place. If Zitt wants to post 458 times about his crap jjp experience or his opinion of others' experiences, he's in the right place. Why come in here and fight with the people complaining in a CLEARLY ADVERTISED complain thread?

A new shitty PF isn't a great solution to me for the cost of the new games. Jack is handling this like an asshole. If you don't want to hear this, go to the GnR hype thread or something.

4 weeks later
#2444 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

As an owner of all the JJP games I can say that the play field issues are very unfortunate. Fortunately I haven't had any major problems (yes I've had pooling). Whats really alarming to me is that JJP continues to go down the same path with their play fields knowing darn well its probably a problem. The other concern is their now charging customers (I don't care if its a discount) for an extra play field....just poor business in my mind, especially on an $11K machine....IMHO....

Pooling, giving distros the shaft for a cash grab, raising prices after release, blaming the customer, ignoring the issue, continued issues after THREE releases... The list goes on. I was their biggest cheerleader. Just look at my review of dialed in. Not anymore. I don't gamble.

#2446 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear ya...they are riding the same market wave the other companies are riding so my guess is they don't really care. I've always been ok with paying for premium products, but in return I expect a certain level of quality and warranty. Nickel and dimming customers who paid top dollar for their product (i.e. replacement play field) is a complete joke in my mind.

Yeah, it's just like the stock market. Everyone throws around money when times are good, but the newbs get a sharp wake-up on the downturn. The long game is never good for companies that ignore repeat business, unless they are in the tourism industry.

3 months later
#2519 2 years ago

I just feel good knowing I'd have at least two more of their machines and I don't. That's two sales. I'm sure there are many others in the same boat. That does affect their profits. Tough times are on the way. Then we'll see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.