(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not true at all. PERIOD! My WOZ, Hobbit and Dialed In are perfect. It started with Pirates for sure. Something changed with the chemical process. Go back to how Hobbit was done to make sure and the problem is solved.

WOZ I had when I removed a star post in the slings to add lights for GI the entire star post pulled the ink off to bare wood when i removed it, the ink/clear was so thick and soft it was ridiculous. Hobbit was and is there only game that has good playfields universally that ive seen from JJP but Ive never owned a DI so cant say much on that game.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Owner reports from the latest run games are so far so good, will see what happens after 100+ plays. Still, seeing washers installed all over is concerning. If playfield issues are resolved there shouldn't be a need to install washers all over.

This post shows otherwise and only at 40 games played. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/218#post-6323718

2 weeks later
#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wiggly posts. Hmm.

In all seriousness... WTF are you talking about???

The magical disappearing ball, man keep up lol! Like the new dead colors by the way...

I think GOT LE/PRE is the worst offender of the magical disappearing ball in modern pinball.

WW if you cant see the ball you must be on the shorter height range since I can see the ball fine at 6ft tall or your just looking to bitch about something! WW is slower compared to my Sterns but its not WOZ slow.

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Not in my case. JJP flippers feel weak to me immediately on a cold, fresh game. I seldom play a JJP game for more than 30 minutes so I dunno about fade.

My WW definitly fades after about 20 minutes or even less sometimes. The right ramp gets harder and harder to line up because the shot position off the flipper keeps changing. I never noticed it on my other JJPs they were just underpowered feeling and if you cranked up the power more then say 2 points made the geometry of the shots feel off.

To keep on topic my Feb 2020 supposedly after pooling issue fixed Wonka has the smallest amount of pooling on the top posts of each sling but i put mylar washers on so hope it never changes. Hasnt gotten worse since I got the game so crossing my fingers the mylar helps.

2 weeks later
#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Stern does indeed make their playfields in house now and they continue to have occasional bad playfield batches - see the Mando thread where some early games had huge chunks of art coming off under one of the guides.
Spooky and AP seem to be the best bet right now for PF quality.

Ball guides is not bad playfields its bad manufacturing of the assembly line. My Mando might be the best playfield in modern pinball that ive seen with my SW coming in close 2nd but time will tell. Mando doesnt even dimple on my game, zero dimples, no planking, nothing. The clear looks thinner and like they took a machine over it that ive never seen before on any Sterns.

#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think my GOT was my best. My SW has that planky look to it. Good to hear aboot Mando

My GOT was dimpled pretty heavy and ghosted some. My SW does have some of that planky look thats barely noticeable but almost zero dimples and has held up really well compared to other games. Worst planking ive seen on any recent games was Hot Wheels.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

BTW, I see lime 15 GNRs for sale. Is it because the bad PFs or the game gets old fast?

All games get old fast for me if im not absolutely in love with the code and layout.

Quoted from screaminr:

There are 16 Avengers infinity quest for sale , what does that mean ?
Out of the hundreds delivered , I think that would be a pretty average amount .

Sold both AIQ and GnR pretty quickly myself. One because of code other because of guess what...code. Neither clicked code wise. I dont think its a fair comparison between the two though market wise since Stern probably made as many AIQs in 1 week as JJP has made total of GnR.

#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's easy to do when there's nothing in them

Yeah no mechs on either game besides subway on AIQ which i did like. AIQ shot better though with sweet combo action ill give it that but GnR was a touch more fun overall.

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m pretty sure Stern doesn’t make 1675 pins in a week.I get what your trying to say though.

Yeah I dont think they do either i was just sorta trying to make a point and im glad you get what i was saying. I love my Wonka(and Hobbit but dont own one anymore but wish i did) so Im not hating on JJP at all but to compare the used market between them is foolish.

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm just being sarcastic at almost 4 in the morning .
I understand why a lot of pinheads don't like the multiball heavy code of GNR .
I'm used to it after having hobbit and I really liked it and I think it's the type of pin a lot of my non pinball friends and family will also like .
Even just seeing themselves on the LCD screen or them in a picture with Slash will make them happy .

No worrys my friend from down under! Code wise on GnR it just felt like it had no purpose besides jackpot score. No journey and more a light show. I actually enjoyed all the multiballs in it. AIQ wise the code is just flat feeling with no life to it. I never fully figured out the computer thing on the left and the callouts and what animations it does have werent good. Best part of code on AIQ for me was when Id push start and Thanos would talk with my subwoofer, lol!

To stay on topic my Wonka has pooling that i stuck mylar washers on. The one stayed in place but the other has peeled loose from the ball hitting the post. The pooling hasnt gotten worse at all though so I dont really mind it much but those mylar washers are worthless i think.

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I do miss my Hobbit and I do wish Guns N Roses had a few more modes but I understand the way it has been done .
Thanks for the tip on the Mylar washers , I'll get my game and just wait and see what happens with it , fingers crossed it's all good .

My buddy got a end of may early june build GnR with all the fixings and has held up great so I think moving forward as long as they come from the factory with all the fixes you should be good to go right out of the box but dont remove the washers cause no saying what could be happening under them. Be interesting when guys start removing the fixes for cleaning and see if there is any pooling or chipping of the ink.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What about next week?

I think its in relation to koss and how he is going to handle his GnR with JJP

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t know if they’ve always been that quick to back up their product?
I’ve read a lot post over the years on a slew of playfield issues board issues and a shit ton of build issues.
But what the hell where here to bash JJP!

With Stern usually it is a stock issue. Ive had parts show up out of the blue many months after asking for them and they say something along the lines of restocked item covered under warranty on the invoices even on games i bought used and they have never made me pay for any parts ever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
9,600 (OBO)
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 91.00
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=Phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.