(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1634 Observations & insight on JJP/Mirco playfield pooling issue Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1649 Uncut playfield photos Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1660 Thin clear coat issues Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#794 2 years ago

Do people really believe buyers are lining up to pay a premium if people start dumping these. I think the value is very artificial on a CE. It super sought after by the hard core because it is supposed to be the best of the best and limited. It's all about fear of missing out and having that beautiful example. If ten appeared on the market place all with bad playfields I think that bubble would burst. If JJP actually fixes this in future runs the market will not be kind to the ones with bad playfields.

#811 2 years ago

POTC was so weird, when it was announced people went crazy. I guess you have to give it to JJP they know how to get the hype train moving. Then the whole spinning disk drama. By the time they actually got around to delivering those pins it just seemed completely forgotten. Started with a roar and then was just a complete whimper. It was so quiet with such poor sale they just quietly stopped making them and moved on. Then it was suddenly most sought after pin and people start throwing money to get one. I don't think I have ever seen something instantly become rare and collectible because no one wanted it. Sure you see it with things 20 years later when they have a nostalgia revival and everyone wants the rare unique items. POTC was like we just can't sell this and make money, the next day it was rare and people would pay anything to get one. I guess that is more about the weirdness of Pinball collecting than POTC but it was weird to watch.

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The problem was that JJP gave up too soon. Discgate and trunk gate happened and the echo chamber turned very, very negative, but the thing is almost everyone who canceled preorders and decided they didn't want it anymore at that point HADN'T PLAYED IT.
Once jjPotC started trickling out and people started getting hands on in Nov/Dec they saw how GREAT it was and it started REALLY selling. Unfortunately, JJP had already made the decision to move on by then, so a few more were made to satisfy existing orders and that trickled into around Mar/Apr 2019, I think, but it was essentially over right as it blew up and demand exploded. We got one in March and it was one of the last LEs Automated had.

I didn't follow it closely just casually through here. The most amazing thing is disc and trunk-gate were enough to turn away pinheads and sink Pirates (horrible pun I know). Shit playfields that are literally falling apart, are people really still lined up to throw money at a GnR. I believe this is going to really hurt JJP and the value of this pin. I think a lot of people that are in on GnR this are doing there best to keep the value as high as possible. It's a lot of coin to put out so all the power to them to try and protect that value. If your stuck on $1000 deposit what else can you do. That billionaire owner people talk about would scare me, people with that kind of cash are not fond of bad investments. This turns into a legal mess I would not be surprised he just folds it up and walks away.

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just to be clear, NO ONE is stuck on a $1000 deposit. The law is on their side and ANY of them can get a refund because JJP changed the terms of the agreement substantially (the warranty) in March 2021 AFTER the deposits were taken before then.
That allows a full refund of the deposit with no penalty.

Is JJP making it easy to get a refund, it seems like it would take legal action to actually get the cash. Same as the whole buy back offer that just seems to be more legalize to cover their ass that they have no intention of actually honoring.

2 weeks later
#995 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Whoever made that youtube video about the "undersized posts" has done a lot of damage to the whole discussion.

Let's be serious this discussion has been gong show long before that. It really is the least damaging thing in the thread. At least it has some basis in physics and reality. The fanboyorsim and the all the elitists stealth bragging they have so much cash it doesn't even matter to them is nauseating. I don't know if everyone sees the same ads but seeing this one at the bottom of the thread is gold. Based on the current market it should really be at least $100.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

YBut for $10k plus, isn’t it crazy anyone has to put in the time to “fix” a brand new machine??? Like a car dealer telling us we will enjoy our Ferrari, if we just put in the time and extra money to protect Ferrari’s subcontractor’s lousy paint job from chipping, cracking, paint pooling, etc. lol.

He is getting very close to the whole, well they should have taken care of it better, it's there own fault.

2 months later
#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Would welcome a picture. Not that I question your statement, just that I'm going to receive a Stranger Things, so might as well look into it
On a sidenote, I have a Star Trek Premium from Stern, no PP, and it's perfect. I might be missing minor defects, but to me anyway it looks perfect. Hence why I would be interested to know whether the dimples you see are something I would miss.

I think it is safe to say at this point that playfield production is inconsistent. It doesn't really matter if it is Stern or JJP they are both either in the middle of a playfield problem or a release away from a new playfield problem. It is JJP turn for sure right now and Stern has generally been better as of late but I am sure there will be a new issue in a future release. We should have a pool for what the next issue will be. So far we have had too much clear, too little clear, brittle chipping clear, soft pooling clear, dimpling clear, grainy art, lifting art, maybe they will come up with something new and accidently do matte clear or discoloring clear.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Seriously. My Bally Party Zone and Data East Maverick have dimples. I always thought the way they looked was normal. They were my 1st 2 modern games.

I think anyone that has been in Pinball for a few years knows dimpling is a normal thing it's the shades of grey between black and white that matter. I have only seen one real bad case in person and it was a routed Star Wars when they first came out. It was a mess, just cratered, not normal dimples. You could see the divots had pushed up the clear around the edge and you could clearly see the wood grain all through it, looked like a sand trap that hadn't been raked in a while. It's just so hard to tell in photos though, you can make even normal seems really bad and in the right lighting even a really bad one may seem fine.

#1903 2 years ago

I can’t think of a worse idea than dumping 4 grand into a brand new pin. That is pouring money into a bad investment. Are we at the point that 100% of GnRs are bad.

#1907 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Depends on what you're defining as bad plus your expectations. For you, maybe the answer is yes. For me, the answer is no.

I guess it all depends on what kind of investment you are making. If you're investing money hoping for emotional returns, have at it, what ever floats your boat. If you are investing money in hopes of financial returns, this is terrible idea. Has JJP even committed to doing a run of the CE Sparkle playfields?

1 week later
#1939 2 years ago

As long as they are screwing around with posts and washers the issue is not fixed.

1 month later
#2303 2 years ago

I’m sure JJP and their fanboys would love the thread locked. At this point I am far more skeptical of those that say their playfield is good. It’s just a matter of time.

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

No. Mine is good. It’s not a matter of time. It’s fine. It’s great. No dimpling. No Pooling. I’ve played a ton of games on it. It’s fine.

6604016F-686E-400A-A8A6-AE3576B17CE1.gif6604016F-686E-400A-A8A6-AE3576B17CE1.gif
#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I don’t really care. It’s my game.

It's a Will Ferrell meme, clearly it was meant as a joke.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.99
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.