(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 52.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Could mirco secretly own JJp now?

It all makes sense...

jack (resized).pngjack (resized).png
#402 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I thought that was done at JJP

Thats Stern. JJP does not do playfield processing other then prototype.

#403 2 years ago

I have a WWLE with a shit ton of plays on it and yeah there's some pooling around a couple of posts but there's not a ton to really worry about. I also have a replacement play field from the guy that I got the pin from but who is really going to either take the time or pay someone to replace it?

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from jhngh41:

I have a WWLE with a shit ton of plays on it and yeah there's some pooling around a couple of posts but there's not a ton to really worry about. I also have a replacement play field from the guy that I got the pin from but who is really going to either take the time or pay someone to replace it?

Lots of people do swaps or can pay someone to do swaps. It’s probably easier on newer games thanks to the reduced wiring complexity.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from jhngh41:

I have a WWLE with a shit ton of plays on it

I find that statement the hardest to believe! lol JK Scratch that I thought you said WWE.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I find that statement the hardest to believe! lol JK Scratch that I thought you said WWE.

Hahahaha poor WWE. To be fair tho, it does kinda suck.

#407 2 years ago

Does JJP's warranty state that they don't cover play field issues?

#408 2 years ago

Couldn’t you use the “lemon law” to go after the perceived value loss because of the playfield issues? I thought about doing this when my WOZ playfield started to fall apart. With the continued failure to address the defect it seems like an easy win.

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

And that would be fine, with the exception that I still have no warranty because the game was sold to another individual. So yes that could solve the shipping problem but I still have bought a $10,000 game and have zero warranty because I’m not the quote, original purchaser.

I just don't see how they're going to check your id over the phone. You're just using the original owner's name they're never going to know unless they just happen to know him personally?
But as suggested, you could partner, with him for the extent of the duration of the warranty also..

Quoted from GPS:

And that would be fine, with the exception that I still have no warranty because the game was sold to another individual. So yes that could solve the shipping problem but I still have bought a $10,000 game and have zero warranty because I’m not the quote, original purchaser.

The seller might be able to help you and be your "virtual roommate" for the year -as mentioned - but I seriously dont think they are going to check yal that much. If the address matches and you know the order ID and buyers name, thats prob good enough. Unless they have a personal relationship with the seller, they just wont even know the details and the address will match. Just trying to help.

One year for $1000+tax?

1. The JJP "Bumper to Post" Limited Warranty covers every part in your new Jersey Jack Pinball Machine for a period of 30 days from the date of delivery of the Machine to its original Purchaser.
2. In addition, the JJP Sound Board, I/0 Driver Board, CPU, 0.96" OLED Monitor, 26" LCD Monitor and RGB LED (Light) Boards are covered for a period of one year from the date of delivery of the Machine to its original Purchaser

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I just don't see how they're going to check your id over the phone. You're just using the original owner's name they're never going to know unless they just happen to know him personally?
But as suggested, you could partner, with him for the extent of the duration of the warranty also..

The seller might be able to help you and be your "virtual roommate" for the year -as mentioned - but I seriously dont think they are going to check yal that much. If the address matches and you know the order ID and buyers name, thats prob good enough. Unless they have a personal relationship with the seller, they just wont even know the details and the address will match. Just trying to help.
One year for $1000+tax?
1. The JJP "Bumper to Post" Limited Warranty covers every part in your new Jersey Jack Pinball Machine for a period of 30 days from the date of delivery of the Machine to its original Purchaser.
2. In addition, the JJP Sound Board, I/0 Driver Board, CPU, 0.96" OLED Monitor, 26" LCD Monitor and RGB LED (Light) Boards are covered for a period of one year from the date of delivery of the Machine to its original Purchaser

Yeah I agree. JJP has no idea where the distributor customer end point is. The day it arrives you register the game, serial, etc via the website as Owner.

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Doing that would shatter the clear coat, AFAIK the inserts are done first, then art, then clear.

ok, so not sure that would be a difficult skill for the new PF manufacturer to figure out

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

We are not talking rocket science
CNC Cut Plywood - Printed - Clear Coated
There has got to be another company in the US that is not in the pinball business that can do this - Furniture maker, sign company, etc...

Let’s do it Bmore!

You, me, Bill B and a few others. Lol

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

What I don't get...why aren't we seeing threads with a bunch of other non-JJP Mirco-made playfields flaking apart?

Another girl, another planet......

16fe71d649c23c4ec3375c41038ee9da922a5ec3 (resized).jpg16fe71d649c23c4ec3375c41038ee9da922a5ec3 (resized).jpg1887ac7fc5e48dede1fad25c9ca5ac88d0ca2298 (resized).jpg1887ac7fc5e48dede1fad25c9ca5ac88d0ca2298 (resized).jpg
#414 2 years ago

What's the going rate for a WWLE NIB play field?

#415 2 years ago
5b6s2w (resized).jpg5b6s2w (resized).jpg
#416 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Another girl, another planet......[quoted image][quoted image]

Bader or Mirco?

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Bader or Mirco?

Mirco

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Bader or Mirco?

Looked like the bottom one was a CPR. I think I fixed a few of those.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Another girl, another planet......[quoted image][quoted image]

Well, that answers that question. Yikes! The first one looks like a total adhesion failure everywhere. I wonder if the ink is sticking well when applied, but the solvents in the clear are permiating the ink and causing delamination?

#420 2 years ago

Oops, doesn't CGC make their own under Churchhill? (Had to look that up to jog the memory cells)

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Jeff Bader would probably tell JJP to eat poop. They treated him like dirt during WOZ.

To be fair, giant chunks of Bader's WoZ playfields were just detaching. We're not talking a tear around a post, but big chunks in the open pop bumper forest area (likely helped by the vibration). I'm sure that didn't put JJP in the best mood, especially when money was very tight around that time.

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Lots of people do swaps or can pay someone to do swaps. It’s probably easier on newer games thanks to the reduced wiring complexity.

Hobbit would like a word with you.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Bader or Mirco?

Oh, that separated one is Mirco all day long. There's plenty of bad non JJP Mirco out there, and he'll tell you all day long why it isn't his fault.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Oops, doesn't CGC make their own under Churchhill? (Had to look that up to jog the memory cells)

Years before CGC started making AFM remakes, Mirco offered new AFM playfields. I bought one. I let it sit for more than a month, then I started populating it. It looked great at first, but then the clear over several inserts crackled pretty noticeably. I contacted Mirco and he told me that can happen, there's no recourse for it, and to kindly pound sand. Fool me once. I'm never buying another Mirco, whether a standalone playfield or in a new machine. Good luck everyone.

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

..., and he'll tell you all day long why it isn't his fault.

True. If it were CPR they'd tell you that's the way the donor playfield was and argue they all came that way from the factory.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

True. If it were CPR they'd tell you that's the way the donor playfield was and argue they all came that way from the factory.

Oh, Mirco does that, too. See: Mirco's atrocious 9 Ball offering (below). Wrong art in spots and completely missing words on the upper left side of the playfield. He had 1000 excuses for the atrocious 9 ball art. I fixed it in less than an hour just to show it's not difficulty but a lack of care that is the root issue.

I keep suggesting he release his prospective PF art to the community to check FOR FREE so this doesn't happen, but he won't do it because he seems to be irrational to a moronic degree. Not a great partner for JJP.
mirco-9-ball (resized).jpgmirco-9-ball (resized).jpg

Nine-Ball-Compare-fixed (resized).jpgNine-Ball-Compare-fixed (resized).jpg

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hobbit would like a word with you.

There are always exceptions.

I don’t imagine POTC is a fun swap either.

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

There are always exceptions.
I don’t imagine POTC is a fun swap either.

I had to install the service bulletin light fix for the popup characters on Hobbit. It's SO TIGHT under that playfield it was literally the worst service bulletin or otherwise fix I've ever had to do. Took me FOREVER to install 4 plastic diffusers.

ST:TNG is also no fun under the playfield. Subway troughs and diverters everywhere.

Any Stern Pro is a piece of cake for a PF swap, though.

#429 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, Mirco does that, too. See: Mirco's atrocious 9 Ball offering (below). Wrong art in spots and completely missing words on the upper left side of the playfield. He had 1000 excuses for the atrocious 9 ball art. I fixed it in less than an hour just to show it's not difficulty but a lack of care that is the root issue.
I keep suggesting he release his prospective PF art to the community to check FOR FREE so this doesn't happen, but he won't do it because he seems to be irrational to a moronic degree. Not a great partner for JJP.

I was considering getting a NB pf from Micro but the price was prohibitive. Glad I didn't!

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Years before CGC started making AFM remakes, Mirco offered new AFM playfields. I bought one. I let it sit for more than a month, then I started populating it. It looked great at first, but then the clear over several inserts crackled pretty noticeably. I contacted Mirco and he told me that can happen, there's no recourse for it, and to kindly pound sand. Fool me once. I'm never buying another Mirco, whether a standalone playfield or in a new machine. Good luck everyone.

I bought 3 before I got one that was acceptable and that one needed art fixes and a reclear. First one was atrocious and he wanted me to file a claim against the shipping company.

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

To be fair, giant chunks of Bader's WoZ playfields were just detaching. We're not talking a tear around a post, but big chunks in the open pop bumper forest area (likely helped by the vibration). I'm sure that didn't put JJP in the best mood, especially when money was very tight around that time.

I understand. I saw a few of those playfields and it was like my MET. Coming off in sheets. I think Bader got it figured out now and seems that bridge is probably burned.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

What does the warranty even matter when all it gets you is a washer kit?

#433 2 years ago

Does Bader like to make money?

Spooky has limited production.

#434 2 years ago

So they will buyback your game, but the 1000.00 deposit is non refundable or transferable. If they have so many GNRLE’s sold they should just refund the deposit it wont hurt them they have the supposed product everyone wants, i wonder how many would pull out if the deposit was refundable.

#435 2 years ago

I think if they reversed course on non refundable deposits, their order sheet would collapse on itself and I'm pretty sure thats what they are trying to avoid.

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think if they reversed course on non refundable deposits, their order sheet would collapse on itself and I'm pretty sure thats what they are trying to avoid.

Its shameful. Its car salesman mentality, collect a deposit so when you figure out you’re being hustled you either loose the money or continue with the purchase of a faulty product.

#437 2 years ago

Hey JJP , you know why it upsets me at the way you treated me? Because as a business owner And decent human being myself, i would never treat anyone the way i was treated, you’re a horrible company and keep taking the path you’re taking , karma’s a bitch! Ive certainly spread the word, and you may not think it matters but i have about 15 locally on my side that will never buy your shit product. There’s plenty of us out there now and its going to matter, you cant keep screwing people and think it will just be business as usual.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Hey JJP , you know why it upsets me at the way you treated me? Because as a business owner And decent human being myself, i would never treat anyone the way i was treated, you’re a horrible company and keep taking the path you’re taking , karma’s a bitch! Ive certainly spread the word, and you may not think it matters but i have about 15 locally on my side that will never buy your shit product. There’s plenty of us out there now and its going to matter, you cant keep screwing people and think it will just be business as usual.

Did you upload a diary page or do you really think they are here reading this?

#439 2 years ago

How many times can JJP do this to title after title before the pitchforks and Tiki torches are busted out and people start marching in the streets, carrying their playfields above their heads screaming "JJP will not replace our playfields!" An extreme picture? Yeah, but right now the silence from JJP is deafening.

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

How many times can JJP do this to title after title before the pitchforks and Tiki torches are busted out and people start marching in the streets, carrying their playfields above their heads screaming "JJP will not replace our playfields!" An extreme picture? Yeah, but right now the silence from JJP is deafening.

If JJP’s next title still has these playfield issues I will officially be rooting for their demise. That’s harsh but what they will deserve for treating their customers so badly. It is obscene what JJP is doing to people at this point. Their time to resolve this issue is officially up......

#441 2 years ago

Ultimately this isn't about the playfield defect. Shit happens and production problems occur. It's about how they are remediating it, which is to say not at all. Well that's not true, they revised the warranty to address this issue, from this (GnR Manual Nov 2020):

What is covered on the game?
Our Bumper to Post“ Limited Warranty” covers every part in your new Jersey Jack Pinball Machine for 90 days from the date of purchase written on your invoice. The LCD monitor will be covered for 1 year from the date of purchase written on your invoice.

To this (GnR Manual May 2021):

What is covered on the game?
Our Limited Warranty covers only the items listed below (“Covered Parts”) from the date the machine is shipped to JJP’s authorized distributors
(or directly to the original owner), for the period of time indicated (the “Warranty Period”):
1. Printed circuit boards (game logic). Warranty Period – Sixty (60) Days.
2. LCD monitor. Warranty Period - Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.

The optimist in me hopes they are discussing another, less customer-hostile, solution. Also, that JJP won't apply the letter of the law in most cases.

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

The way the pinball world is now for every game canceled there are 2 more waiting in line.

That’s just the reality

Stern survived GB. JJP will survive this

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you upload a diary page or do you really think they are here reading this?

Im sure they are. You just love to show no support for anything i say and i dont know why. Like i said in the past, your mods arrive to some of my customers broken, i fix them and install them and say nothing bad about you, your company or your broken mods, you dont hear about it because i make it go away,but yet you continue to somehow keep commenting specifically towards me. Well next time im at a customers house they will be contacting you because im no longer taking the high road im now going to make it your problem. You will know its me because they will tell you i told them to contact you. You’re welcome!

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The way the pinball world is now for every game canceled there are 2 more waiting in line.
That’s just the reality
Stern survived GB. JJP will survive this

For now you are right, but the economy will slump soon and i believe it will then matter. Like i said if JJP is so confident they should announce refundable deposits, without changing this pound sand attitude.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern survived GB.

JJP will survive this, no doubt. If it was all about survival, you're right, guessing owners/mgmt want to do more than survive though. Regarding the Stern comparison didn't they send out fully popped GB playfields to put that one behind them?

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

For now you are right, but the economy will slump soon and i believe it will then matter. Like i said if JJP is so confident they should announce refundable deposits, without changing this pound sand attitude.

Oh yeah, the day of reckoning is coming courtesy of higher taxes etc

After the bailouts, stimulus and reckless spending is done.....soon.... 2022 is gonna be an eye opener

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

JJP will survive this, no doubt. If it was all about survival, you're right, guessing owners/mgmt want to do more than survive though. Regarding the Stern comparison didn't they send out fully popped GB playfields to put that one behind them?

On a limited basis. I got nothing.

My pf has some minor insert ghosting and it’s dimpled big time

Doesn’t prevent my enjoyment of the game one iota.

And I bought a shitload more Stern pins after the fact.

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Doesn’t prevent my enjoyment of the game one iota.

I'm in the same boat. I had a JJPOTC with pooling, it never chipped and I installed my post kit and didn't complain like a good boy. Because there was no damage. And I'll open my GnR, which is on the way from JJP now, and play it.

I'd just feel better about it if I knew the company had my back if, worst case, I do have those issues you've seen in the pics. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I'm in the same boat. I had a JJPOTC with pooling, it never chipped and I installed my post kit and didn't complain like a good boy. Because there was no damage. And I'll open my GnR, which is on the way from JJP now, and play it.
I'd just feel better about it if I knew the company had my back if, worst case, I do have those issues you've seen in the pics. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

100% agree

JJP needs to get their pf shit together

#450 2 years ago

Baffled why people think that makes them a good boy, because they didn’t complain about big problems with poor quality products. I think it makes a person a good boy that stands up to their faulty products and tells them so and expects remedy. If enough did this, they’d make a real change. Do we want their product so badly, we will let them walk all over us at these high prices with poor quality product? I know. I tried to convince myself on JJP product purchased, that I’ll just deal with all the issues, because I liked how packed their machines come. But then after working on them so much, I’m over that now and just enjoy playing pinball from other companies that have relatively no issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (OBO)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/9?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.