(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 52.
#2251 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Especially knowing that every other manufacturer can and would make this right if it was on one of their games. Even Stern. AP and Spooky without question. JJP flat out refuses and changed their warranty. Thats one hell of a slap in the face for their customers.

I looked on the JJP website and can't find where the warranty is explained to know what has changed. Am I missing something? Can someone provide a link to their warranty terms?

#2252 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Yes they did. A blank playfield in a box. For all the good THAT did me. I lack the skills to properly swap the field, and I will not allow anyone else to "donate" their time doing it for me either. I know you've already offered.
JJP should have sent out a populated playfield. That's what I asked for. They did not. Impasse. I am not happy. They are still selling defective play fields. And now their CEO has been quoted as saying "it's the owner's fault." Fuck that noise.

New playfield seems like a perfectly reasonable resolution.

Yes they did. A blank playfield in a box. For all the good THAT did me. I lack the skills to properly swap the field, and I will not allow anyone else to "donate" their time doing it for me either. I know you've already offered.
JJP should have sent out a populated playfield. That's what I asked for. They did not. Impasse. I am not happy. They are still selling defective play fields. And now their CEO has been quoted as saying "it's the owner's fault." Fuck that noise.

I heard what Jack said. It was an ill advised comment - totally foolsih. He didn't, however, imply every playfield issue is the owner's fault.

Pinball collectors are strange bunch. Ever see the thread for ACNC and the customer that lost his mind and demanded his money back because the coindoor lock fell off during shipping? If you think JJP hasn't seen evidence that customers have inflicted damage to otherwise fine games... or complained extensively about the utterly ridiculous... you're fooling yourself. That said, the timing and angle of his comment were stupid.

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

New playfield seems like a perfectly reasonable resolution.

Not if the new playfield has the same problem as the old one.

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I looked on the JJP website and can't find where the warranty is explained to know what has changed. Am I missing something? Can someone provide a link to their warranty terms?

Yes. You're searching in the wrong place. You should be searching here...keyword: warranty

Results will reveal post #1099:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/22#post-6350432

Alternatively, the ipdb will provide you links to both versions of the JJP owner's manuals, which is where the warranty lives.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6765

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yes. You're searching in the wrong place. You should be searching here...keyword: warranty
Results will reveal post #1099:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/22#post-6350432
Alternatively, the ipdb will provide you links to both versions of the JJP owner's manuals, which is where the warranty lives.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6765

Thanks! Pinside continues to be the most informative forum I've ever used. And for what it's worth, the statue collector community is even more insane than the pinball one... and they provide far less helpful info.

#2256 2 years ago

JJP should have sent out a populated playfield. That's what I asked for. They did not. Impasse. I am not happy.

And we'll get to hear about it for the next 45 years.

Didn't this happen to you in 2019?

#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

"People like you." Very classy approach.

I'm sorry that you were triggered by English words.
There was no class implied there; you just triggered yourself.

I was simply stating that people tend to stick their heads in the sand and ignore the obvious signs of a dysfunctional company.
I'm positive there were numerous signs that DeepRott was going to end up the way it did.
I'm really quiet done feeding the Fanboi in you... so you go on and take the polar opposite position from "jimwe5t" and I'll go on ignoring the fact that you can't seem to remove the rose colored glasses. Seriously; don't feed the Fanboi

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

asked would you like your money back or machine delivered?

Did you ask for your money back? did it include the non-refundable deposit?

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My distro honestly told me today. Chips, pooling, flaking, art lifting and you are on your own zero will be done about it. Then asked would you like your money back or machine delivered?
At least it up front now buyer beware.

If that’s what my distributor is going to tell me when Toy Story is released, I just won’t place an order in the first place. Too bad because I was really looking forward to that as my first JJP game.

#2259 2 years ago

Jeez guys, slow down. This is a thread about bad QC at JJP. If you want to talk about JJP being awesome, you're in the wrong place. If Zitt wants to post 458 times about his crap jjp experience or his opinion of others' experiences, he's in the right place. Why come in here and fight with the people complaining in a CLEARLY ADVERTISED complain thread?

A new shitty PF isn't a great solution to me for the cost of the new games. Jack is handling this like an asshole. If you don't want to hear this, go to the GnR hype thread or something.

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Did you ask for your money back? did it include the non-refundable deposit?

He said I could get every penny back including my deposit.

I said set up for delivery Tuesday please I am out of town this week. My wife said who cares what happens to the playfield is it fun? So yep buying a game that use to have a self destruting playfield. I am so happy not many reports of bad playfields of recent.

#2261 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:So yep buying a game that use to have a self destructing playfield.

In other news, Jersey Jack announced their next game will be Mission: Impossible.

#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So yep buying a game that use to have a self destruting playfield. I am so happy not many reports of bad playfields of recent.

596a5829abe14d67790d563cda507849[1] (resized).jpeg596a5829abe14d67790d563cda507849[1] (resized).jpeg

#2263 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My distro honestly told me today. Chips, pooling, flaking, art lifting and you are on your own zero will be done about it. Then asked would you like your money back or machine delivered?
At least it up front now buyer beware.

I was told something similar .... and I passed

#2264 2 years ago
toystory (resized).JPGtoystory (resized).JPG
#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If that’s what my distributor is going to tell me when Toy Story is released, I just won’t place an order in the first place. Too bad because I was really looking forward to that as my first JJP game.

Well you're either going to have an honest distributor or a Toy Story...Choose wisely

#2266 2 years ago

Why the fuck would Toy Story be a grown ass mans dream theme?

#2267 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Why do you give a shit one way or the other? FFS...

Jeff

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Why do you give a shit one way or the other? FFS...
Jeff

I couldn’t care less. Venting. I’m pissed that JJP didn’t get jaws, mad max, bttf.

At least my monies safe.

Since you’re posting, what’s your stance?

#2269 2 years ago

Wouldn't care if JJp is doing star trek Picard or discovery .. they wouldn't get a dime of my money with the current management and quality problems

#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I couldn’t care less. Venting. I’m pissed that JJP didn’t get jaws, mad max, bttf.
At least my monies safe.
Since you’re posting, what’s your stance?

Stance on? JJP is an ethically devoid company that puts out knowingly defective products and I won't buy another NIB from them no matter what the theme. Not saying I wouldn't buy used but that's after some other fool goes through the JJP PF lottery for me.

If you're asking me about theme so far Toy Story goes, only saw the first three and I don't think there's any reasonable commenting one way or the other about what is or is not considered a "manly" theme. Honestly, the entire idea of what is and is not "grown ass man" is just stupid. Who gives a rats ass about how "grown ass man" a theme is?

Jeff

#2271 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wouldn't care if JJp is doing star trek Picard or discovery .. they wouldn't get a dime of my money with the current management and quality problems

Have you ever owned a JJP?

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

This is a hobby where grown ass men invest not small sums into big toys...

Might be just me, but I can see why...

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Many of the toys, the movies (mostly 1&2) and Pixar/Disney in general have special meaning to my family, especially my (now adult) daughter (who was in the finals of a woman’s pinball tournament at one of Herb Silver’s pinball shows in Vegas long ago when she was only eight years old).

Personally, I think my only dream theme left would be a BTTF trilogy with full assets but TS would be close (though not strong enough to worry about a playfield whose art might disappear like shaking an Etch-A-Sketch).

I’ve had people ask me why the f* would I want pinball machines in my house, so bitchin about what themes I might like doesn’t even move the needle.

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Have you ever owned a JJP?

I have, through PinballStar
Never again

#2275 2 years ago

With Expo around the corner, you know people are going to talk to JJP employees on the playfield issues. Do you think they will acknowledge them on the issue?

#2276 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

With Expo around the corner, you know people are going to talk to JJP employees on the playfield issues. Do you think they will acknowledge them on the issue?

You're a funny guy!

#2277 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Of course not.

I gave Jack a softball question on playfield issues at Expo 2019 and he declined any comment. It was at that point it was clear to me that JJP had no intention to address the problem or even acknowledge it existed.

#2278 2 years ago

I think he addressed it this year if I'm not mistaken. thechakapakuni isn't that correct? Remind the group what he told everybody when asked, please.

#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think he addressed it this year if I'm not mistaken. thechakapakuni isn't that correct? Remind the group what he told everybody when asked, please.

lol!

#2280 2 years ago

Owners fault. Official. Lol.

#2281 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This should be a permanent emote on Pinside

047E36E5-8BE4-4A65-AC1C-13F8A76EF2A1.jpeg047E36E5-8BE4-4A65-AC1C-13F8A76EF2A1.jpeg
#2282 2 years ago

AS much as it'd be funny... I'm sure Robin wouldn't allow that given the ties he want to have with Industry.
JJP couldn't take the joke ... and would proably file a C&D against Robin.

#2283 2 years ago

So what's the best kind of washer to put down over top of a spot that is pooling? The ones that are rubber or a hard plaatic/metal?

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

So what's the best kind of washer to put down over top of a spot that is pooling? The ones that are rubber or a hard plaatic/metal?

Consensus is PETG only, clear in color after you repair the pooling or could use black if you're trying to cover up. There are variations of opinion involving other methods.

Read this
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

#2285 2 years ago

i am with you.. Dream theme or not... Not another penny ...... With GnRCe As great as it is , I can not justify the Sheety Playfield they sold me ,and do not back the product they sold me.
The most important part of the pinball machine aside from the Electronics is the DAMN playfield, And after 200 plays it should not BE FALLING APART AND POOLING AND CHIPPING to be stamped with a Collector quality BADGE OF HONOR when the playfield didn't last a few months after 200 normal plays .
JJP You really Suck . No passing the blame to Micro , you used them , YOU MAKE IT RIGHT !!!!!!!!

Quoted from Zitt:

#2286 2 years ago

Its kind of funny how JJP was going to save and revolutionize pinball and now he is hated more than Gary ever was.

#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

i am with you.. Dream theme or not... Not another penny ...... With GnRCe As great as it is , I can not justify the Sheety Playfield they sold me ,and do not back the product they sold me.
The most important part of the pinball machine aside from the Electronics is the DAMN playfield, And after 200 plays it should not BE FALLING APART AND POOLING AND CHIPPING to be stamped with a Collector quality BADGE OF HONOR when the playfield didn't last a few months after 200 normal plays .
JJP You really Suck . No passing the blame to Micro , you used them , YOU MAKE IT RIGHT !!!!!!!!

Quoted for truth.

#2288 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Many of the toys, the movies (mostly 1&2) and Pixar/Disney in general have special meaning to my family, especially my (now adult) daughter (who was in the finals of a woman’s pinball tournament at one of Herb Silver’s pinball shows in Vegas long ago when she was only eight years old).
Personally, I think my only dream theme left would be a BTTF trilogy with full assets but TS would be close (though not strong enough to worry about a playfield whose art might disappear like shaking an Etch-A-Sketch).
I’ve had people ask me why the f* would I want pinball machines in my house, so bitchin about what themes I might like doesn’t even move the needle.

Upvote right there for attending Herb Silver's Fab-Fan show with your daughter. Well done....

#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[upvote] right there for attending Herb Silver's Fab-Fan show with your daughter. Well done....

Thanks. She has been playing pinball since she was five - never liked video games.

I’ll never forget her opponent’s 20-something friend saying “you’re getting smoked by a kid!” after Jen had a pretty decisive win in the first game on Eight Ball Deluxe.

Partly in jest, I recently asked if I could sell ours to make room for Toy Story. “It would be cool to have Toy Story, but Eight Ball is *my* game”.

#2290 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Its kind of funny how JJP was going to save and revolutionize pinball and now he is hated more than Gary ever was.

I remember all the fanboys in early 2011 parroting that these pinball machines will be "The Best-Built, Highest Quality pinball machines ever". Once WoZ was finally delivered, light boards started failing and as it turned out, Cliffy protectors were actually needed in spots on the playfield despite the "Cliffy, we luv you, but your protectors won't be needed on JJP machines" statements.

#2291 2 years ago

I've got some pooling around the slings on my willy wonka but im loving the game and think it will be a keeper. Stinks to have to do some work on the playfield but it's not of enough issue for me to write them off.

#2292 2 years ago

Tore apart my GnR today to install Cliffy’s. Playfield looks perfect still. I see no pooling, etc. Looks just like any other game. I believe this issue has likely been blown out of proportion.

#2293 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Tore apart my GnR today to install Cliffy’s. Playfield looks perfect still. I see no pooling, etc. Looks just like any other game. I believe this issue has likely been blown out of proportion.

This is going to go over well in this thread.

#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Glad your game is fine, but there is way too much evidence to the contrary to say this has been blown out of proportion. It’s not like it’s every single game, but that doesn’t matter to those with playfield issues.

If there have been recent changes that actually fix the problems rather than just cover them up I suspect we’d have some indication of that.

#2295 2 years ago

My game is fine is like you saying you didn't catch COVID so it's a hoax.
Sadly, someone somewhere is gonna believe you.

Glad you are safe from the quality issues

#2296 2 years ago

I think it's more like..
I tested positive for COVID and was asymptomatic.

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The issue is real, nothing is being blown out apart from some poorly finished playfields.
I truly feel for the people having problems and absolutely think that it is poor form of JJP not to acknowledge and fix the problem for those who have been let down.

#2298 2 years ago

Yes it's real, like the flu. But like any flu, you're either negatively affected or you're not. Happy for those that are healthy and not negatively affected by the flu or playfield problems.
For playfields, There's several choices of "vaccine" for those that are in the high risk category, one for example is called Stern. It's not a guarantee as breakthrough can occur but symptoms could be minimized....

I could have fun with this analogy all day long.

#2299 2 years ago

I'd suggest we stop with the COVID analogies for many reasons but especially if you don't want the thread locked for straying into prohibited topics. Then again we're all just kind of going around in circles and beating dead horses since nothing major appears to have changed so maybe locking it wouldn't be the worst idea after all.

#2300 2 years ago

I edited to be more generalized, but you can read between the lines.
P.s. I agree and wouldn't be unhappy at all if the thread got locked. Just sayin..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.