(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 52.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t know if they’ve always been that quick to back up their product?
I’ve read a lot post over the years on a slew of playfield issues board issues and a shit ton of build issues.
But what the hell where here to bash JJP!

We are talking playfields here. And yes, there is no excuse for the way Stern handled the node board issues in the early days of SPIKE and there were also some really bad cabinet build issues too for a while there before they got seriously beefed up again.

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I know someone mentioned a new pf vendor, but does anyone know if this is true or just wishful thinking?

At this juncture it’s just us hoping,but I have a feeling something will be announced soon!
This last game was so good and so much work put into it I can’t imagine they won’t avoid this with the Toy Story.I can’t wait to hear the child game trolling from the Stern trolls!

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Do you currently own any JJP games? I don’t need a long drawn out answer. Just yes or no?

Yes

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I hope they have a new playfield vendor and we’re at the end of this bullshit

At this time, there is no end in sight.

Quoted from mostater:

I know someone mentioned a new pf vendor, but does anyone know if this is true or just wishful thinking?

I’d take Vid’s word for it.

#1505 2 years ago

Which ones? I have Dialed In LE, RR Wizard of Oz and GNR CE.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Which ones? I have Dialed In LE, RR Wizard of Oz and GNR CE.

Nice collection of High end, all nice looking machines. Wanted GNR CE, but was too late to the party.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Nice collection of High end, all nice looking machines. Wanted GNR CE, but was too late to the party.

Which one do you have?

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Which one do you have?

Don’t want to give a list of all my machines or would have done that in the profile. It’s not relevant.

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Don’t want to give a list of all my machines or would have done that in the profile. It’s not relevant.

Later Gary

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

The pinball machines that you own aren't relevant on a Pinball forum where we discuss pinball.

Got it!

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The pinball machines that you own aren't relevant on a Pinball forum where we discuss pinball.
Got it!

Have taken note, that guys listing what they own is not to their advantage in discussing current pinball machines and new ones up coming. If I list out all my machines, I’ll just get bashed for liking one company over another and not even considered by others, that one company puts out way more machine offerings than others. My buddy Romey, already has nicknamed me Gary, lol.

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Have taken note, that guys listing what they own is not to their advantage in discussing current pinball machines and new ones up coming. If I list out all my machines, I’ll just get bashed for liking one company over another and not even considered by others, that one company puts out way more machine offerings than others. My buddy Romey, already has nicknamed me Gary, lol.

Huh?

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Have taken note, that guys listing what they own is not to their advantage in discussing current pinball machines and new ones up coming. If I list out all my machines, I’ll just get bashed for liking one company over another

You already do! What's left to lose?

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I’ve always gotten fairly prompt responses with respectful emails to the JJP Support email. They’ve sent me the “fix” kit and two spotlights so far.

I had them promptly fix an issue with a game once. Then a little later, turn into complete dick holes when I needed something else while still under warranty.

I started by collecting only jjps. I thought to myself I was going to collect them all. Now, I have none, nor do I see myself going back.

#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

At this juncture it’s just us hoping,but I have a feeling something will be announced soon!
This last game was so good and so much work put into it I can’t imagine they won’t avoid this with the Toy Story.I can’t wait to hear the child game trolling from the Stern trolls!

Really doubt at this point there will ever be an official announcement about PF's

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern, Bally and Williams has replaced any warped playfields that I know of.

We were talking about quality .
I haven't seen any JJP pins with a warped Playfield .
Ryan C and Marty both had issues with their Stern PlayFields on certain games and they were not replaced and I have seen other people on pinside with warped stern playields which haven't been replaced , since I last looked .
Both companies have had their fair share of issues but jjp cops the most shit for it .

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Ryan C and Marty both had issues with their Stern PlayFields on certain games and they were not replaced and I have seen other people on pinside with warped stern playields which haven't been replaced , since I last looked .
Both companies have had their fair share of issues but jjp cops the most shit for it .

Mine was. Meanwhile jjp didnt wish to get me a malfunctioning cliffy protector for dialed in. I think that's the point.

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Mine was. Meanwhile jjp didnt wish to get me a malfunctioning cliffy protector for dialed in. I think that's the point.

My LZ LE came warped- I sent Stern some pictures to confirm the problem and they said they'd replace it, but would take about 6 weeks until the game went back on the line. I got to play the hell out of the original playfield until my distributor got a new fully populated one. He helped me install the new one and took care of returning the old one for me. Overall an excellent experience in what could have been a disaster.

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

My LZ LE came warped- I sent Stern some pictures to confirm the problem and they said they'd replace it, but would take about 6 weeks until the game went back on the line. I got to play the hell out of the original playfield until my distributor got a new fully populated one. He helped me install the new one and took care of returning the old one for me. Overall an excellent experience in what could have been a disaster.

That's great to hear you got looked after well .
It seems a bit hit and miss , some people get sorted out , others get left in the lurch .
Jjp service has gone down hill , they were giving free playfields for pirates and now they won't even give you a post and washer fix kit .

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I've owned or had a deposit on all the jjp pins , except for Dialled In and Wonka , so I never paid attention to those .
Jjp might think they're saving a few bucks by ignoring people , because they are so busy and can't keep up with the demand for Guns N Roses but I think it'll come back to bite them when future titles aren't so popular and lots of people have been put off by hearing about their poor service .

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've owned or had a deposit on all the jjp pins , except for Dialled In and Wonka , so I never paid attention to those .
Jjp might think they're saving a few bucks by ignoring people , because they are so busy and can't keep up with the demand for Guns N Roses but I think it'll come back to bite them when future titles aren't so popular and lots of people have been put off by hearing about their poor service .

They should immediately develop a protocol for playfields that are bad enough to deem a replacement.Then demand Mirco Oh crap Nevermind

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Correct. You can talk about something without owning it. Believe it or not, for the majority of pinball history there was near-zero private ownership. People just played them. Insanity.

I've never owned a JJP game, at this rate never will, but I've played them all plenty and have, like, opinions.

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Correct. You can talk about something without owning it. Believe it or not, for the majority of pinball history there was near-zero private ownership. People just played them. Insanity.
I've never owned a JJP game, at this rate never will, but I've played them all plenty and have, like, opinions.

If this site has taught us anything, it's that owning a machine usually clouds the truth.

#1524 2 years ago

I’m trying to stay positive with this .Just waiting on a response as of now .

6D336BD1-D772-4A2A-ACF5-191455CB55EA (resized).jpeg6D336BD1-D772-4A2A-ACF5-191455CB55EA (resized).jpeg8FBF4686-AE57-409F-B205-7FF53D95F6D7 (resized).jpeg8FBF4686-AE57-409F-B205-7FF53D95F6D7 (resized).jpeg
#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Everyone is welcome to their opinions!I think he was directing his comment at jimwe5tC.S

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think he was directing his comment at jimwe5tC.S

Yeah we all got that

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah we all got that

I guess it just opened up the whole worn out argument we all love to fall back on

#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Correct. You can talk about something without owning it.

Yeah, no shit.

And yet, the pins someone owns (or have owned) is *still* relevant.

If someone has only owned every JJP pin released and nothing else, well that tells me, at a minimum, that they have an affinity for JJP pins.

And as TheLaw said, owning a pin does often cloud the truth. People are far less likely to criticize a pin that they own, for various reasons, including fear of driving the demand/value down.

Quoted from yancy:

No idea why you would respond to me like this. Never said, or even implied, that you have to have owned a pin in order to have an opinion about it.

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No idea why you would respond to me

Good point.

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You deaf dumb and nearsighted JJP cheerleaders keep telling yourselves this crap about Stern, but it is also my experience they stand behind all their PFs. You’re kidding yourselves to think they don’t. If you have a warped PF they will replace it. On the other hand, my direct experience with JJP has been the opposite and they refused to take care of issues.

Keep trying to put Stern in the same miserable camp as JJP. Sorry it’s not working for those of us that know the truth. That doesn’t make me Stern’s cheerleader either, because I’ll get all over them for anything they don’t do right, unlike you JJP lackeys. The huge difference is, they stand behind their product and don’t try to flea their responsibilities like the small boutique JJP constantly does. I’m still hoping JJP will put some big boy pants on and do the right thing for Kloss and all those affected by the outrageously bad quality product known as GNR. Look no further than the tons of photos all over the net to know the truth about GNR.

#1531 2 years ago

If you are going to respond to a post that I made, at least make an attempt to be responsive to what I actually said. You know very well that I did not imply that you can't have an opinion about a game unless you own it.

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You deaf dumb and nearsighted JJP cheerleaders keep telling yourselves this crap about Stern, but it is also my experience they stand behind all their PFs. You’re kidding yourselves to think they don’t. If you have a warped PF they will replace it. On the other hand, my direct experience with JJP has been the opposite and they refused to take care of issues.
Keep trying to put Stern in the same miserable camp as JJP. Sorry it’s not working for those of us that know the truth. That doesn’t make me Stern’s cheerleader either, because I’ll get all over them for anything they don’t do right, unlike you JJP lackeys. The huge difference is, they stand behind their product and don’t try to flea their responsibilities like the small boutique JJP constantly does. I’m still hoping JJP will put some big boy pants on and do the right thing for Kloss and all those affected by the outrageously bad quality product known as GNR. Look no further than the tons of photos all over the net to know the truth about GNR.

Blah, blah, blah. Stern is just as bad. They used to be worse. They learned after Ghostbusters ghosting issues that it is way cheaper to ignore and explain away pf issues. Stern has gotten a lot better, but they still have a long way to go.

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Blah, blah, blah. Stern is just as bad. They used to be worse. They learned after Ghostbusters ghosting issues that it is way cheaper to ignore and explain away pf issues. Stern has gotten a lot better, but they still have a long way to go.

Exactly. A friend had a GB w/ a cabinet that was splitting. Stern said glue it and put clamps on it..

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Now,what was your direct experience with JJP?

#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. A friend had a GB w/ a cabinet that was splitting. Stern said glue it and put clamps on it..

Did it work?

#1536 2 years ago

So you said this:

Quoted from jimwe5t:

I’ll just get bashed for liking one company over another

But then say stuff like this:

Quoted from jimwe5t:

You deaf dumb and nearsighted JJP cheerleaders keep telling yourselves this crap about Stern

I AGREED with you. Not everything is black and white. It is mostly grey. But yes, they both messed up and stern, for the most part, tries to make it right when crap goes to hell.

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So you said this:

But then say stuff like this:

I AGREED with you. Not everything is black and white. It is mostly grey. But yes, they both messed up and stern, for the most part, tries to make it right when crap goes to hell.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Now,what was your direct experience with JJP?

Too long to write.

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Too long to write.

Of course?

#1540 2 years ago

When I’m lucky to afford things I want, such as a new car, I wouldn’t go and flame the manufacturer for the clear coat they used from whatever vendor they used the first time I drive it and a stone kicks up and chips it. Shit happens.

Let’s be honest. People are starving and dying and living in poverty but some people are so arrogant to that fact that they bitch about problems on first run production models of new products the exclusive minority they belong to can afford. In a way, I get it. But really, where do your priorities fall in the grand scheme of things and what are YOU doing to be a positive influence on society and the disadvantaged when you can afford such luxuries and not be willing to assume the risk that comes with such extravagant purchases?

Yeah, you’re bent you spent 10k on a game that won many awards but has some flaws, most of which seem to be from pre-June 2021 builds. How much have you donated to your community or kids or victims of domestic violence? If it’s 0, then go cry to the Rockefeller’s and check yourselves.

Those who feel privileged and entitled will downvote away, I don’t give a damn about your feelings if you fall into the stereotype I’ve articulated above.

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

When I’m lucky to afford things I want, such as a new car, I wouldn’t go and flame the manufacturer for the clear coat they used from whatever vendor they used the first time I drive it and a stone kicks up and chips it. Shit happens.
Let’s be honest. People are starving and dying and living in poverty but some people are so arrogant to that fact that they bitch about problems on first run production models of new products the exclusive minority they belong to can afford. In a way, I get it. But really, where do your priorities fall in the grand scheme of things and what are YOU doing to be a positive influence on society and the disadvantaged when you can afford such luxuries and not be willing to assume the risk that comes with such extravagant purchases?
Yeah, you’re bent you spent 10k on a game that won many awards but has some flaws, most of which seem to be from pre-June 2021 builds. How much have you donated to your community or kids or victims of domestic violence? If it’s 0, then go cry to the Rockefeller’s and check yourselves.
Downvote away, I don’t give a damn about your feelings if you fall into the stereotype I’ve articulated above.

#1542 2 years ago

Hey Rob, that’s an incredibly insightful response that certainly contributes to my hypothesis. Thanks for sharing.

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Hey Rob, that’s an incredibly insightful response that certainly contributes to my hypothesis. Thanks for sharing.

It's truly some of the dumbest shit that I've ever read on Pinside.

Is that a more insightful response for you?

#1544 2 years ago

That’s perfect, and just what I expected as it solidifies the basis for the opinion I’ve formed on you based on your location and response that you truly don’t give a damn about anyone but yourself and it’s all about you, you’re this race for your own personal gains and if you’re one of the “victims” of JJP’s allegedly intentful screwing over of people, that you lack the cognitive ability to air your grievances in a more diplomatic way that maybe JJP would respond to. Thanks for playing.

PS - you didn’t elaborate on what you do for society and the disadvantaged but it’s okay, I’ll take that as nothing.

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That’s perfect, and just what I expected as it solidifies the basis for the opinion I’ve formed on you based on your location and response that you truly don’t give a damn about anyone but yourself and it’s all about you, you’re this race for your own personal gains and if you’re one of the “victims” of JJP’s allegedly intentful screwing over or people, that you lack the cognitive ability to air your grievances in a more diplomatic way that maybe JJP would respond to. Thanks for playing.

You are completely and utterly clueless. I don't even have my GnR yet. You know zero about me personally. But I'm glad that my post "solidified the basis for the opinion that you've formed on me."

Newsflash: zero f*ks given what you think of me

What a joke.

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Thanks for playing.

Fresh!

Finally some alcohol has entered this thread it appears.

#1547 2 years ago

Lol man, happy flipping and no hard feelings. It’s just pinball. Be happy you didn’t get yours yet, I don’t think you’ll have any issues. My whole point is sometimes it’s all in how you handle a situation if you feel you’ve been wronged, often determines whether or not you get a positive outcome. And sometimes those who do for others without thinking of themselves all the time tend to fair better when said situations occur.

#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Finally some alcohol has entered this thread it appears.

You know it’s fire when TheLaw lays it down! Thanks!! Happy Tuesday to you!

#1549 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If this site has taught us anything, it's that owning a machine usually clouds the truth.

I have to disagree with you on this one....there is no shortage of owners here who are biting their lips shut.

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

....there is no shortage of owners here who are biting their lips shut.

I think that's what I'm saying?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/31?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.