(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 52.
#1451 2 years ago

Let’s drop a poll thread up and see how many people would agree to BOYCOTT JJP

Litigation isn’t the answer

The distributors? They need to get involved too

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:Let’s drop a poll thread up and see how many people would agree to BOYCOTT JJP

I’m with you 100%.Legally probably no shot but a Protest at Expo in theyre now hometown will sting the most .I’ve been in unions since out of HS I know exactly how to organize these .Tent ,loud horn,grille and cooler full of ice cold beer but most importantly we would need an angry crowd .It all depends on how many people would join in .I’d be more than happy to run it if things don’t work out next week .We shall see will they continue to be known as Jersey Jack Pinball or Jersey Junk Playfieids .It’s up to them .

#1453 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m with you 100%.Legally probably no shot but a Protest at Expo in theyre now hometown will sting the most .I’ve been in unions since out of HS I know exactly how to organize these .Tent ,loud horn,grille and cooler full of ice cold beer but most importantly we would need an angry crowd .It all depends on how many people would join in .I’d be more than happy to run it if things don’t work out next week .We shall see will they continue to be known as Jersey Jack Pinball or Jersey Junk Playfieids .It’s up to them .

Will gladly join you. This is a travesty the way JJP behaves and continues to be completely radio silent, not admitting anything. And yet, there are photos like yours everywhere as proof. But then sycophants like PFreak can’t wait and jump the union line because they have to have their next fix, lol. JJP has strong drugs for some of the very weak it appears. No other pinball company does this, only JJP. Lol, “Jersey Junk Playfields”, has a certain ring to it…lol.

#1454 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

How much does a non-populated playfield cost JJP or Stern I wonder? Does anyone have any idea? I'm guessing $300? Seems like a cheap way to keep people paying $10K for a game happy..

$200

#1455 2 years ago

If that’s true and you can’t do that to take care of Kkoss24?

#1456 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'M IN! I promise to boycott JJP!

But this will take effect after I receive my GNR.

Also, if Toy Story is JJP's next pin, my boycott will take effect after that!

#1457 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If that’s true and you can’t do that to take care of Kkoss24?

The bigger question is does #Kkoss24 Want to do a Playfield swap? Last we spoke he works like 70 hours per week to spend a few fun hours with his boys. Would rebuilding a new pinball machine be “taken care of?” Lol

#1458 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'M IN! I promise to boycott JJP!
But this will take effect after I receive my GNR.
Also, if Toy Story is JJP's next pin, my boycott will take effect after that!

Lol. That’s the problem. Never worked before. Stern? Nope.

Quoted from Yelobird:

The bigger question is does #Kkoss24 Want to do a Playfield swap? Last we spoke he works like 70 hours per week to spend a few fun hours with his boys. Would rebuilding a new pinball machine be “taken care of?” Lol

99% won’t, can’t or don’t have the time to do a swap.

Regardless, I’d play the crap out of it now. Don’t see it getting worse?

What’s the answer if you drew the short straw and got a F Ed up PF?

I’m playing mine right now. Zero issues but I’ll put the protection in that I just ordered and received today.

JJP, like Stern after GB, knows they better fix this BS going forward.

JJP should offer some serious discounts on next game at a min for those affected or a rebate of some sort

Part of the problem in pinball is that you also have a bunch of buyers that want everything for nothing and they would take advantage.

Kkoss24 is a good dude

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP, like Stern after GB, knows they better fix this BS going forward.

But JJP doesn’t know this. We have JJP history to prove they are now 4 games in a row, same issues. They’ve learned nothing. No change will ever take place with them. 3 strikes your out and they’ve somehow conjured up a 4th strike and still slurpers buy the JJP koolaid, because they have to have their fix. Great time to be a pinball maker, you can make anything with a new shiny and many consumers will buy it with poor quality. JJP will fix nothing going forward. Many said the same thing 4 games ago and look where that got them.

It’s the PF lotto and so far, you’ve won on your PF!

#1460 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree w/ this. But, I would like to know if someone does vote to boycott, what games do they currently have in their own collection and have they ever owned a JJP game? Those who hid their current list of games, always has me thinking TROLL!!! Just saying...

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

lmao .I honestly want to do one when time permits ,(alot of time from what I hear )but not at the moment I hope this gets resolved not only for me but for all .It’s like going to pick up a new car and you see cigarette burns on the front seats .”Sure Mr salesmen ,our Asses will cover them up for no one to see while driving but it will always be there .” If not ,and there’s enough people to join ,I’m on record saying I’ll rent the tent

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Yes, because buying games that are often more than $8,000 sight-unseen is super logical to begin with.

So then there's no point in using more logic on the subject; got it.

#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

But JJP doesn’t know this. We have JJP history to prove they are now 4 games in a row, same issues. They’ve learned nothing. No change will ever take place with them. 3 strikes your out and they’ve somehow conjured up a 4th strike and still slurpers buy the JJP koolaid, because they have to have their fix. Great time to be a pinball maker, you can make anything with a new shiny and many consumers will buy it with poor quality. JJP will fix nothing going forward. Many said the same thing 4 games ago and look where that got them.
It’s the PF lotto and so far, you’ve won on your PF!

Then why do people keep buying Jimmy? I guess the masses have spoken

For one thing GNR is an amazing pinball experience. An unbelievable accomplishment with the band actually being involved etc

You can’t just be one sided and bash away without giving credit where its due. This isn’t politics

I’ll play mine until I’m dead and gone

#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Make a t-shirt with a picture of your JJP PF issues plastered on it. If every one w/issues did that at Expo, that might raise some eyebrows.

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Make a t-shirt with a picture of your JJP PF issues plastered on it. If every one w/issues did that at Expo, that might raise some eyebrows.

Now your talking .I really like theyre games and I hope it works out .Like Iceman said ,it’s a straight rush of adrenaline .Im not getting rid of it even if it looks like the deck of the Santa Maria in a year .I just want them to be responsible adults and do what’s right .I just finished this job in my spare time and gave them a sheet of stickers to mark what wasn’t to theyre liking .Finished that ,shook hands and will deal with each other down the road I’m sure .

0255D52D-8136-4310-9414-E816A2749B28 (resized).jpeg0255D52D-8136-4310-9414-E816A2749B28 (resized).jpeg04451BBC-7922-4269-B9DC-679B1B3ED92F (resized).jpeg04451BBC-7922-4269-B9DC-679B1B3ED92F (resized).jpegA9618D8D-C2EE-4F17-901A-3AB727E40D2F (resized).jpegA9618D8D-C2EE-4F17-901A-3AB727E40D2F (resized).jpegAC61AEAC-F574-4FD3-8896-862F483521DE (resized).jpegAC61AEAC-F574-4FD3-8896-862F483521DE (resized).jpegC2830955-AD82-4B1F-90CE-5CCB23E29E8B (resized).jpegC2830955-AD82-4B1F-90CE-5CCB23E29E8B (resized).jpegFADEB364-ADA3-4C12-A2B3-DE205C8EFAF7 (resized).jpegFADEB364-ADA3-4C12-A2B3-DE205C8EFAF7 (resized).jpeg
#1466 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Now your talking .I really like theyre games and I hope it works out .Like Iceman said ,it’s a straight rush of adrenaline .Im not getting rid of it even if it looks like the deck of the Santa Maria in a year .I just want them to be responsible adults and do what’s right .I just finished this job in my spare time and gave them a sheet of stickers to mark what wasn’t to theyre liking .Finished that ,shook hands and will deal with each other down the road I’m sure .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that looks good!!!!

#1467 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Damn that looks good!!!!

Hoping in a year you’re saying that Dougy about your PF, lol. Give credit that GNR is well integrated because the band did give them lots of IP, so they too could have it in their homes. Good move on GNRs part.

#1468 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

What is happening next week?

Kkoss24 is hoping for a response from JJP regarding his pf issues.

#1469 2 years ago
C98333F5-4974-4D3C-9C8E-A577E26FF7A2.gifC98333F5-4974-4D3C-9C8E-A577E26FF7A2.gif
#1470 2 years ago

lmfao

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Damn that looks good!!!!

People had good taste for sure .It’s more fun when it buys a pin but I got a serious bill to finish up with the ortho .He owns my ass until next summer the earliest .

#1472 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

People had good taste for sure .It’s more fun when it buys a pin but I got a serious bill to finish up with the ortho .He owns my ass until next summer the earliest .

I remodeled kitchen and baths my whole life and I have two bad rotator cuffs a tore bicep tendon and need cortisone shots in knees once sometimes twice a year.But man I loved being self employed and challenged to do my best work on every job.I was lucky my wife being a nurse has great insurance by today's standards!

#1473 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="#6392544".I just finished this job in my spare time and gave them a sheet of stickers to mark what wasn’t to theyre liking .Finished that ,shook hands and will deal with each other down the road I’m sure .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like your idea about the stickers. I just had a bathroom done and there are places I would place lots of stickers. My wife asked if we could hire you for our master bath.
Good luck on Jjp resolving your issues. Hope it works out.

#1474 2 years ago

At Expo this year, I think I am going to wear a tie dye shirt with a big "Jersey Junk Playfields" on the front and "Professional Playfield Swapper" on the back, of course using their NJ outline logo bitch slapped to fit. Now that should get some kind of reaction, if not explicitly asked by Rob B. to kindly exit the venue.

#1475 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

At Expo this year, I think I am going to wear a tie dye shirt with a big "Jersey Junk Playfields" on the front and "Professional Playfield Swapper" on the back, of course using their NJ outline logo bitch slapped to fit. Now that should get some kind of reaction, if not explicitly asked by Rob B. to kindly exit the venue.

So you’ve had playfield issues with your game? How long ago

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So you’ve had playfield issues with your game? How long ago

No, I'm looking for work... I can swap a playfield and there may be people who are in need of the service... and it makes a statement that I agree with, which is JJP needs to step up their playfield game.

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No, I'm looking for work... I can swap a playfield and there may be people who are in need of the service... and it makes a statement that I agree with, which is JJP needs to step up their playfield game.

You'll remain gainfully unemployed because it's been stated by JJP they aren't shipping out playfields at this time.

#1478 2 years ago

It would be fun to get a booth at Expo and do a Jersey Junk Playfield theme.

Put a bunch of games on display for everyone to play, so the **quality** is evident for all to see.

That would force JJP to announce the new playfield supplier and give us folks who are waiting to buy a new game a timetable of when it's safe again.

#1480 2 years ago

Will JJP be at Allentown this month? Love to talk to them.

#1481 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Still don't see it anywhere on the sides, weird.

Interesting. If they really have stopped marking the playfields, this might mean that JJP is indeed planning to change vendors eventually. I doubt they want people to be able to identify exactly which games have a new playfield vendor and which games don't. They might even keep installing washers for a while, even after there is no longer a need. They'll probably try to keep it secret at least until the old playfield inventory has been purged from the factory/JJP and passed on to the buyers and distributors. Once the cat is out of the bag, people will zero in on a build date for games with the new playfields and games before that date will be less desirable immediately.

Of course, this is assuming the new vendor will be an improvement over Mirco! Over the last three years, this problem has been rumored to be fixed many times only for it to come back again. The only way to be sure is to wait and see. I just got a Jurassic Park Premium with April 2021 build date and the clear is beautiful with no pooling. I held off buying when they originally came out because of the issues.

#1482 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Over the last three years, this problem has been rumored to be fixed many times only for it to come back again. The only way to be sure is to wait and see. I just got a Jurassic Park Premium with April 2021 build date and the clear is beautiful with no pooling. I held off buying when they originally came out because of the issues.

Exactly, JJP keeps telling us at each launch over the years it’s fixed. Will not believe any fix statement from them till there is no artwork under posts, no thick clear, no wobbly mounted posts, etc. None of my other companies machines have any problems.

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Exactly, JJP keeps telling us at each launch over the years it’s fixed. Will not believe any fix statement from them till there is no artwork under posts, no thick clear, no wobbly mounted posts, etc. None of my other companies machines have any problems.

I do have a feeling this time the fix will be real and it happens sooner than later if not already.

#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Even Jack doesn’t care if you buy one!
What I want you to do now is go buy every new Stern made in the last 10 years and just keep playing and playing and playing…………………………..

#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What I want you to do now is go buy every new Stern made in the last 10 years and just keep playing and playing and playing…………………………..

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Of course Jack doesn’t care (he’s a non-factor now), he no longer owns the company and didn’t move with the operation, but the new owners Abbot’s, care about every customer.

#1487 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Of course Jack doesn’t care (he’s a non-factor now), he no longer owns the company and didn’t move with the operation, but the new owners Abbot’s, care about every customer.

The Abbot's have plenty of customers,but you need to focus on playing all of those super cool Stern's your buying!

#1488 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The Abbot's have plenty of customers,but you need to focus on playing all of those super cool Stern's your buying!

Thanks for your concern my friend Romey and invitation. I’ve been doing just that with all my Stern’s and hope to with TS coming up, if after at least a good year of evidence PF issues are solved.

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thanks for your concern my friend Romey and invitation. I’ve been doing just that with all my Stern’s and hope to with TS coming up, if after at least a good year of evidence PF issues are solved.

How about you get back to us in a year or two?

#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How about you get back to us in a year or two?

Will do on the TS PF issue. In the meantime will enjoy with you our discussion everything JJP.

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Will do on the TS PF issue. In the meantime will enjoy with you our discussion everything JJP.

Do you currently own any JJP games? I don’t need a long drawn out answer. Just yes or no?

#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Put a bunch of games on display for everyone to play, so the **quality** is evident for all to see.
That would force JJP to announce the new playfield supplier and give us folks who are waiting to buy a new game a timetable of when it's safe again.

Love your work Vid , but while we're at it , we should also put a bunch of warped Stern playfields with the art chipping off them as well .
Just to make it a even playfield

Why is it the two biggest manufacturers have these issues , but Chicago , American pinball , spooky , haggis don't have these issues .

#1493 2 years ago

Maybe Vid left them out because warped playfields are very few and far between compared to what we're talking about here and when there are serious issues, Stern stands behind their games and provides replacement Playfields at no charge?

#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Maybe Vid left them out because warped playfields are very few and far between compared to what we're talking about here and when there are serious issues, Stern stands behind their games and provides replacement Playfields at no charge?

I don’t know if they’ve always been that quick to back up their product?
I’ve read a lot post over the years on a slew of playfield issues board issues and a shit ton of build issues.
But what the hell where here to bash JJP!

#1495 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Do you currently own any JJP games? I don’t need a long drawn out answer. Just yes or no?

I've asked a few times with no response. I'm not sure he owns any games?

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t know if they’ve always been that quick to back up their product?
I’ve read a lot post over the years on a slew of playfield issues board issues and a shit ton of build issues.
But what the hell where here to bash JJP!

With Stern usually it is a stock issue. Ive had parts show up out of the blue many months after asking for them and they say something along the lines of restocked item covered under warranty on the invoices even on games i bought used and they have never made me pay for any parts ever.

#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Love your work Vid , but while we're at it , we should also put a bunch of warped Stern playfields with the art chipping off them as well .
Just to make it a even playfield

Stern, Bally and Williams has replaced any warped playfields that I know of.

#1498 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

With Stern usually it is a stock issue. Ive had parts show up out of the blue many months after asking for them and they say something along the lines of restocked item covered under warranty on the invoices even on games i bought used and they have never made me pay for any parts ever.

I’ve called Frank or Steve at JJP on a Thursday and had the parts to repair DI on Tuesday the following week.
And JJP sent out playfields in the past too.I hope they have a new playfield vendor and we’re at the end of this bullshit

#1499 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I hope they have a new playfield vendor and we’re at the end of this bullshit

I know someone mentioned a new pf vendor, but does anyone know if this is true or just wishful thinking?

#1500 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No i had the small metal washers on the skinny posts .I left emails and messages .How do i start a ticket do I need to speak with someone or can I do it through site ?

I’ve always gotten fairly prompt responses with respectful emails to the JJP Support email. They’ve sent me the “fix” kit and two spotlights so far.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/30?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.